35 replies to this topic
lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 05 July 2014 - 09:16 AM

Why bother at all? Ebola's pretty crap as a biological weapon- bodily fluid transfer is pretty hit-and-miss and it can't survive more than a few minutes outside of a host.

With this thread of thought, there really isn't much that a Government (or other) Scientist wouldn't do as long as his/her interest is drawing a paycheck, and might be interesting study. And, maybe it is just nature at work, or GOD messing around.

happy thoughts keep the heart warm :^:

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Faceless, Nameless, Endless War

• United-Kingdom
  • Contribution Award [D&D, General Chat]
    Most Knowledgeable [Vehicles] 2013
    Best Debater 2013, 2012, 2011

Posted 05 July 2014 - 09:19 AM

Why bother at all? Ebola's pretty crap as a biological weapon- bodily fluid transfer is pretty hit-and-miss and it can't survive more than a few minutes outside of a host.

With this thread of thought, there really isn't much that a Government (or other) Scientist wouldn't do as long as his/her interest is drawing a paycheck

I hope I'm never as much of a jaded, nihilistic misanthrope as you when I reach your age.

Insert-Coin-To-Continue
  • Insert-Coin-To-Continue

Credits: 0

• Zaibatsu
  • Australia

Posted 05 July 2014 - 09:24 AM

With this thread of thought, there really isn't much that a Government (or other) Scientist wouldn't do as long as his/her interest is drawing a paycheck, and might be interesting study. And, maybe it is just nature at work, or GOD messing around.

happy thoughts keep the heart warm :^:

The only (not so) valuable input I can provide here is that 95% of my Plague Inc play throughs start by having my patient zero in an African country.  :ph34r:

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 05 July 2014 - 09:30 AM Edited by lil weasel, 05 July 2014 - 09:30 AM.

I hope I'm never as much of a jaded, nihilistic misanthrope as you when I reach your age.

And so..., the conversation ends, with the usual personal comments.

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Faceless, Nameless, Endless War

• United-Kingdom
  • Contribution Award [D&D, General Chat]
    Most Knowledgeable [Vehicles] 2013
    Best Debater 2013, 2012, 2011

Posted 05 July 2014 - 10:21 AM

And so..., the conversation ends, with the usual personal comments.

It was a joke, don't get your knickers in a twist.

RedDagger
  • RedDagger

Crash test dummy

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 July 2014 - 10:24 AM

I've been following this in small articles, and it seems that there are a few factors letting this happen: firstly, the area isn't exactly in a state of peace, hampering the efforts of aid workers. Another is that those affected don't trust the hospitals ran by 'the outsiders', but the one I find most annoying is that it's apparently not common knowledge that diseases can be spread by bodily fluids.

Meaning that these kind of things are entirely preventable, but just not in the current situation, unfortunately.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users