Ebola Virus across West Africa

35 replies to this topic
johnny_zoo
  • johnny_zoo

Aces!

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 July 2014 - 09:18 PM

This virus has now 'reappeared' in Africa or at least its simply being reported on again because numbers of cases have risen from a 'normal baseline' or whatever. Anyway its on the rise and it jumped 40% in less than 2 weeks.

http://www.huffingto...l?utm_hp_ref=uk

I wonder if this virus was man-made or not. I wouldn't be surprised if one day it came to light that the virus was created to reduce the population of Africans. I just am not sure as to motive if they did they didn't see Africans as threats surely they were seen as primitive and uneducated so why is there a need to wipe them out?

Of course most would have us believe Africans had 'sexual relations' with animals which caused diseases like Ebola, AIDS etc. to be spread. Maybe it did but I suspend judgment entirely simply because of the history of Europeans in Africa.

Anyway its an awful disease and I hope that the African governments can get it under control. My heart goes out to those that have it as being isolated from family and having the grim reaper tapping your shoulder every second has got to be life shattering. 

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

The Wolf Hunger Rises

• United-Kingdom
  • Contribution Award [D&D, General Chat]
    Most Knowledgeable [Vehicles] 2013
    Best Debater 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011

Posted 03 July 2014 - 09:36 PM

I wonder if this virus was man-made or not.

Not. Viral haemorrhagic fevers are millennia old; in fact Ebola is from the same family of viruses as Yellow Fever responsible for pandemics in the 16th and 18th century.
  • D- Ice and orbitalraindrops like this

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

Tokel. Never forget.

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 03 July 2014 - 09:45 PM

It's a punishment from god. I blame gays, liberals and atheists. Especially gay liberal atheists.

• GTA_stu, universetwisters, Killerdude and 3 others like this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Traum - Tagtraum - Am Fenster

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 03 July 2014 - 09:49 PM

I wonder if this virus was man-made or not. I wouldn't be surprised if one day it came to light that the virus was created to reduce the population of Africans. I just am not sure as to motive if they did they didn't see Africans as threats surely they were seen as primitive and uneducated so why is there a need to wipe them out?

Even if it was man-made, who would want to wipe out Africa?

GN 1992
  • GN 1992

aka gnad.1992

• GTAF Crew
  • Brazil
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 03 July 2014 - 09:54 PM

Everytime I read news like that, it reminds me of Far Cry 2.

I<3GTAV
  • I<3GTAV

I LOVE GARY PAYTON NO ONE UNDERSTANDS

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 July 2014 - 09:54 PM

You'd be surprised.

johnny_zoo
  • johnny_zoo

Aces!

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 July 2014 - 10:13 PM

Erm... Europeans?

They scrambled for Africa and the only reason someone wants to take over another land is for greater power and (or) wealth. Africa is rich in natural resources too so they probs wanted to get rid of them to get their hands on the gold, diamonds and minerals.

Frank Brown
  • Frank Brown

Big Homie

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 03 July 2014 - 10:25 PM

Erm... Europeans?

They scrambled for Africa and the only reason someone wants to take over another land is for greater power and (or) wealth. Africa is rich in natural resources too so they probs wanted to get rid of them to get their hands on the gold, diamonds and minerals.

172.gif

• Spaghetti Cat, Killerdude, EyeMacHunt and 5 others like this

GN 1992
  • GN 1992

aka gnad.1992

• GTAF Crew
  • Brazil
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 03 July 2014 - 10:32 PM

laughed my ass off

• EyeMacHunt likes this

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 03 July 2014 - 11:10 PM

Just goes to show ya... the CIA doesn't know when to quit. Are there any Cuban construction battalions in the areas?

johnny_zoo
  • johnny_zoo

Aces!

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 July 2014 - 11:21 PM

Care to elaborate vlynor or your just gonna spam?

Frank Brown
  • Frank Brown

Big Homie

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 03 July 2014 - 11:38 PM Edited by Vlynor, 03 July 2014 - 11:38 PM.

Care to elaborate vlynor or your just gonna spam?

It's just a ridiculous claim with nothing to back it up. The Europeans (which is a bit general) have no reason to cause an epidemic. Do you think that the deaths of African civilians will just result in a transfer of the territories to the EU? What's likely to happen is delivery of humanitarian aid to those countries, which likely costs developed countries more than it would benefit them. 

And it's not spam. I actually find it laughable that you're calling my posts spam when you've sh*t-posted plenty in the general chat, from misogynistic tirades to weird sexual discussions to your claim that Europe would manufacture a virus to decimate the populations of west Africa. 

• Failure, Killerdude, EyeMacHunt and 1 other like this

matajuegos01
  • matajuegos01

Stalker

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 04 July 2014 - 12:22 AM

This epidemic has appeared since march I believe, thing is that it's contained within Africa and since it's a very noticeable disease it's harder for it to spread further. A spokesman has claimed that it has "gone out of control" but that's a very subjective claim one thing is for sure: its death toll has been the biggest in the disease's history.

Raavi
  • Raavi

Z

• None
  • Best Moderator 2015
    Best Moderator 2014
    Winner of World Cup 2014 Prediction League
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 04 July 2014 - 01:09 AM

Erm... Europeans?

So how do you imagine that happening? That a bunch of, say, MEPs were one day like "Any plans for the weekend" "No? Hmm, what shall we do?" "We can always go to Tim's pub" "Nah, we've been there last week and the week before" Hey, I have an idea! Let's unleash a killer virus on a remote region of West Africa, you know because resources and stuff" You do know how absolutely ridiculous that sounds, right? I recommend you to get at least a basic understanding of politics and international affairs before you comment any further on issues you quite clearly know nothing about.

• D- Ice, Failure, universetwisters and 4 others like this

bread
  • bread

Organic

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 04 July 2014 - 01:23 AM

Are we really suggesting that the Europeans are systematically trying to take over Africa through the use of biological terrorism? Jesus f*cking Christ. This is the 21st century. People don't spread disease in order to gain resources and cripple a certain group of people. Why - in light of a disease outbreak (which aren't really shocking if it's in Africa) - would you suggest such a thing? Who do you follow? What the f*ck do you read?

Johnny, either you're trolling, or you're a complete ignoramus. Either way, you need to stop embarrassing yourself before you get banned.
  • Raavi, Killerdude and Coin. like this

make total destroy
  • make total destroy

This world is not for us. We must destroy it.

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None
  • Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 04 July 2014 - 01:39 AM Edited by ShootPeopleNotDope, 04 July 2014 - 01:39 AM.

To be fair, the theory that HIV/AIDs--as well as other diseases--were manufactured by western governments is not exactly new.

It certainly doesn't make the notion any less laughable, but johnny_zoo is definitely not the only person who has ever expressed that view.

EDIT: heh, that rhymes ^

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

The Wolf Hunger Rises

• United-Kingdom

Posted 04 July 2014 - 07:09 AM

To be fair, the theory that HIV/AIDs--as well as other diseases--were manufactured by western governments is not exactly new.

It certainly doesn't make the notion any less laughable, but johnny_zoo is definitely not the only person who has ever expressed that view.

Much like pretty much every other kind of conspiracy theory, just a manifestation of the Dunning-Kruger effect combined with people's latent paranoia.
  • D- Ice likes this

TEoS
  • TEoS

Say pal, you don't look so good.

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 04 July 2014 - 12:50 PM

I can't believe anyone would suggest that Europeans would use biological warfare to decimate an indigenous people.

Rr0JeF8.jpg

• epoxi, Voodoo, The Yokel and 1 other like this

D- Ice
  • D- Ice

Gangsta

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 04 July 2014 - 01:28 PM

Throughout history, there has been many instances of genocide committed for material gains.

The issue here is that there is not a shred of evidence to suggest the existance of a conspiracy to wipe out an entire continent of humanity. Occam's Razor thus applies here - a natural Ebola outbreak is most likely.

• Raavi likes this

Twilight Sky
  • Twilight Sky

Driftin' at the apex, sliding into 1rst.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 July 2014 - 07:56 PM

It is 1000000000000000000000 times worse than AIDS and can spread incredibly fast. No one in their right mind would use this.

Spaghetti Cat
  • Spaghetti Cat

Go Bolts!!!

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • US-Virgin-Islands

Posted 04 July 2014 - 08:09 PM

OP trolls his own thread three sentences in, nice.  

Eris
  • Eris

Ghetto Star

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 04 July 2014 - 08:39 PM

I remember when we would be blaming the Jews for this sort of thing. 

• Killerdude and Palikari like this

Palikari
  • Palikari

Live and let live

• Members
  • Israel

Posted 04 July 2014 - 08:42 PM

Italians (Lampedusa) and Spaniards (Ceuta and Melilla) should be alert. There is a possibility the virus expands and arrive Europe via illegal immigrants.

I remember when we would be blaming the Jews for this sort of thing. 

Don't worry, there are many people that are still blaming us for everything.

GTA_stu
  • GTA_stu

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom
  • Funniest Member 2013
    Funniest Member 2012

Posted 04 July 2014 - 08:43 PM

Observation: Some bad stuff is happening in Africa. 

Conclusion: Those nefarious white people must be behind it. 

• epoxi, sivispacem, RedDagger and 2 others like this

helloworld
  • helloworld

Rat

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 04 July 2014 - 08:59 PM

I've never understood this conspiracy theory that the elites of the world are trying to depopulate the world. The vast majority of governments want a stable population growth, a negative population growth means a smaller work force, which in turn means a bad economy.

• Palikari likes this

Killerdude
  • Killerdude

And Remember, Respect is Everything!

• The Yardies
  • Canada

Posted 04 July 2014 - 09:31 PM Edited by Killerdude8, 04 July 2014 - 09:32 PM.

It seems Africa has breakouts of something every 5-10 years, I'd figure they would've become Immune to these Diseases by now.

Also, What's this Nonsense about Europeans using Biological weapons on Africa to gain control of their resources?

If that were the case, They wouldn't get any of it, It would very likely go to Surrounding Countries in the region.

• Palikari likes this

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-States

Posted 05 July 2014 - 06:28 AM Edited by lil weasel, 05 July 2014 - 06:29 AM.

No conspiracy involved here... nothing to see... move on.

[Human lab rats?] Where else to test new drugs and antidotes without Government interferance (or with help of the Government)...

morgellons1_228x268.jpg

Infect, test, and maybe save. :^:

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

The Wolf Hunger Rises

• United-Kingdom

Posted 05 July 2014 - 07:03 AM

[Human lab rats?] Where else to test new drugs and antidotes without Government interferance (or with help of the Government)...

Except, as is often the case with viruses, there's no "cure" for many haemorrhagic fevers. Some, like Yellow Fever, can be vaccinated against, but most are incurable once you've got them.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-States

Posted 05 July 2014 - 07:19 AM

Except, as is often the case with viruses, there's no "cure" for many haemorrhagic fevers. Some, like Yellow Fever, can be vaccinated against, but most are incurable once you've got them.

Exactly, so where best to fool around with them?. Some major population centre or a "nobody really cares" out of the way area? Think of the wartime possibilities, if there was a cure...

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

The Wolf Hunger Rises

• United-Kingdom

Posted 05 July 2014 - 08:49 AM

Exactly, so where best to fool around with them?. Some major population centre or a "nobody really cares" out of the way area? Think of the wartime possibilities, if there was a cure...

Why bother at all? Ebola's pretty crap as a biological weapon- bodily fluid transfer is pretty hit-and-miss and it can't survive more than a few minutes outside of a host.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users