Photo

What to Expect When Starting Out?

31 replies to this topic
Quarterback9
  • Quarterback9

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 July 2014 - 06:27 PM

Hey all, I'm finally getting the chance to start on GTA Online in the next couple of days after I couldn't because of some Internet issues (long time, I know lol). What should I expect when I start? How much cash do you start with, if any? What weapons, if any? Tips on what I should do to get started? Thanks everyone!

LightningLord411
  • LightningLord411

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 July 2014 - 06:44 PM

Weapons are only a Pistol. Once you get some cash you can buy the DLC weapons which help a lot. What system are you on?

LOES
  • LOES

Kawaii!!!!!!!!!!!

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 03 July 2014 - 07:01 PM

Save cash because cash is king and try and get a friend to give you a modded car if the glitch still exists

RandallFlagg00
  • RandallFlagg00

Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 July 2014 - 07:18 PM

First thing you should save for is a special carbine. That's one of the best weapons in the game and its available right away. You should stick to missions and races at the start. The money is slow at first but it will add up. Probably best to avoid Freeroam for the most part until at least level 10. People love to F with low level players. Good luck dude. It's hard at the start but very worth it. Best game I've ever played.
  • Day Reaper likes this

SMFtwstdHICK
  • SMFtwstdHICK

Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 July 2014 - 07:22 PM

Jump right in, hit up that free mode. Get on higher RP missions.. Create chaos..

Don't get upset or frustrated when the bozos higher up come at ya.

Oh, and if you do decide to try and kill a higher level (which IMO, you should, see "chaos".lol) don't get bent when they bring down the fury on you. lol..

Most of all, have fun, avoid passive mode.. IT's just a game.

• CallmeGoat likes this

Nacho Z
  • Nacho Z

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • England

Posted 03 July 2014 - 07:36 PM

Just do everything, accept all job invites and generally get stuck in. Often you'll be invited to jobs that you'll have to contribute very little and can earn a lot of cash with.

Fight other players in free roam as often as you like but maybe not when you're broke or you'll be be getting shafted when you run out of ammo.

luisniko
  • luisniko

Soft Cabbage

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 July 2014 - 07:41 PM Edited by luisniko, 03 July 2014 - 07:42 PM.

- Know that almost all of GTA player you will meet are major cocksuckers

- Don't buy Cash Card

- Don't be a dick in Free Mode and mission

- Passive mode is a lie

- Don't believe when someone says "Why you don't like people kill you? It's just a game". Nothing is fun about getting spawn killed and bullied over and over again in Free Mode for no reason, unless you looked for the trouble first.

- Heist is a myth. Don't piss in your pants over apartments because you hear we need one for Heist. Buy garage instead.

- Don't expect to find a room full of friendly players. It's like finding gold.

- Keep yourself safe and less stress. Use the advantage of Invite Only session and Quick Job menu on phone.

- Don't think you're Jesus with guns. You're not. Do teamwork.

- If your teammates all dead and there's stilla long way and thin chance to win a mission, then save your precious time and quit. Rockstar won't give you bonus for being a badass mission saver.

- Know the game balance is f*cked up - from difficulty to price and rewards.

- Save and spend your money wisely

- Spend your play time effectively

- Lastly but not least, OPEN your eyes and have a common sense to anything related to Rockstar.
  • Defender1904, Panzer and igotskiz like this

Cmdr_Shepherd
  • Cmdr_Shepherd

Glitchfinder General

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 July 2014 - 10:17 PM Edited by Cmdr_Shepherd, 03 July 2014 - 10:18 PM.

- Don't worry about stat allocation too much when creating your character, because you'll eventually be able to level-up your skills in-game. Main trick is not to put points into 'Illegal Work', unless you want your character to start every session with a random assortment of scars, cuts and bruises...

- Want to rank up quickly? Do races and parachute jumps. Even if you end up doing them on your own, the payouts and RP make a big impact when you're at a lower rank. Use them to practice your skills, or familiarise yourself with the race circuits, so you've got some experience for when you do 'em with other players.

- Get a decent street car for your first Personal Vehicle. You want something fast (not an SUV), doesn't spin out easily (most muscle cars, to begin with), and generally performs well in most situations even with out being upgraded, as well as helping you get away from cops/aggressive players quickly. Something like a good basic sports car (Buffalo, Sultan) or a coupe (Felon, Sentinel, Jackal) is a great choice, particularly because they still perform decently once you've got access to better stuff.

- As soon as you can get them, GET BULLETPROOF TYRES. Nothing puts a crimp in your day faster than a blowout, particularly if you're trying to make a quick getaway.

- Get a cheaper (under $100k) apartment/house/garage as soon as you can, even if it's just a garage. You can store multiple cars that way, plus it means you've got a safehouse to escape to, and it can be set as your spawn point, instead of just winding up on the street.

- Sell cars, and often! There's always something like the Baller SUVs that sell for up to $9,000 - or if you do a bit of digging online (look up GreyLeafGamer's fantastic YouTube videos for tutorials), you can sell modified gang lowriders for around $12,000, which is good money at any stage of the game. Just remember to...

- ...keep money in your bank account, not in your wallet! You drop pocket change when you die, so take a moment every so often to pull out your smartphone internet, and bank your cash. ATMs are marginally quicker to use interface-wise, but you're a sitting duck while you use them.

- If you want to have a quieter, less social time, and make efficient money/RP, try playing in an Invite-Only lobby. It's a bit like playing GTA III back in the day, only with all the benefits of the GTA V sandbox - and you can still host/join missions with other people, but without the 'every man for himself' mania of public Freemode.

- Pick out an outfit that you don't mind the look of, and stick with it for a long while - while you're trying to earn money to get the basic essentials, it's just a waste of money going shopping for cosmetic items. Besides, most are unlocked by rank, so you're better off saving up, then coming back once you've got some decent ranks under your belt.

- Likewise, your money gets spread thin real fast if you stock up on a 10-car garage full of personal vehicles, and keep upgrading them all. Instead, just prioritise one, and don't keep buying every little incremental upgrade for armour/transmission/etc. when you unlock it, because doing so just wastes money. Stick with the cheaper options, until the best versions become available.

• igotskiz likes this

JoeBoneless
  • JoeBoneless

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 03 July 2014 - 10:59 PM

Trust no one

Kill everyone

Blow up as many other players cars as possible

Do it before they do it to you!
  • SMFtwstdHICK, CallmeGoat and igotskiz like this

Skylan
  • Skylan

Street Cat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 July 2014 - 11:06 PM

First of all, get in a public lobby. Cause that's where the money's at.

Next thing you want to do is find the highest level player in that lobby. Preferably one that is riding around town in a tank. Drive up directly in front of him and send him a message saying you're friendly. Don't do this in Passive Mode, or he'll think you're a troll and run you over, but if you're in normal mode, you'll earn his respect. Once you become friends, he will use his tank to protect you from aggressive players.

Then, get yourself a good, reliable car with good stats. I recommend the rat loader. It's rare, but worth it. It has great stats, high acceleration, and one of the highest top speeds in the game. It's an excellent vehicle for missions and races. You are nearly guaranteed to win every time.

Only do Missions for Gerald and Simeon. They're the big daddies of the game. They pay low at first, but once you complete their missions a few times over and level up, they will begin to pay you more. 15k+ for stealing a car and driving it back to the lot. Easy money.

Also, to show your appreciation for the game, buy a shark card to show Rockstar you support them. The 100k shark card will do, but I recommend you buy the Megadolon Shark Card. You get 8+ MILLION, and get to unlock exclusive content like the Hydra.

Also, kill as many players as you can in free roam. They drop money when they die, which you can steal. The bigger the level difference between them and you, the more money they will drop. Killing a level 150+ player yields a 20K drop.

Don't forget to do gang attacks too. You get massive amounts of money from killing enemies, and even better if you start one near another player. They will jump right in and help you kill the enemies.

• EvilFuture, CallmeGoat, Panzer and 1 other like this

Quarterback9
  • Quarterback9

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 July 2014 - 12:31 AM

Thanks guys, I will keep all of this in mind, I'm on Xbox 360.

Ooops I Pooped
  • Ooops I Pooped

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 04 July 2014 - 01:37 AM

- Know that almost all of GTA player you will meet are major cocksuckers

- Don't buy Cash Card

- Don't be a dick in Free Mode and mission

- Passive mode is a lie

- Don't believe when someone says "Why you don't like people kill you? It's just a game". Nothing is fun about getting spawn killed and bullied over and over again in Free Mode for no reason, unless you looked for the trouble first.

- Heist is a myth. Don't piss in your pants over apartments because you hear we need one for Heist. Buy garage instead.

- Don't expect to find a room full of friendly players. It's like finding gold.

- Keep yourself safe and less stress. Use the advantage of Invite Only session and Quick Job menu on phone.

- Don't think you're Jesus with guns. You're not. Do teamwork.

- If your teammates all dead and there's stilla long way and thin chance to win a mission, then save your precious time and quit. Rockstar won't give you bonus for being a badass mission saver.

- Know the game balance is f*cked up - from difficulty to price and rewards.

- Save and spend your money wisely

- Spend your play time effectively

- Lastly but not least, OPEN your eyes and have a common sense to anything related to Rockstar.

This. 1000% this.

The Khamelion
  • The Khamelion

The Drifter

• Members

Posted 04 July 2014 - 03:37 AM

Next thing you want to do is find the highest level player in that lobby. Preferably one that is riding around town in a tank. Drive up directly in front of him and send him a message saying you're friendly. Don't do this in Passive Mode, or he'll think you're a troll and run you over, but if you're in normal mode, you'll earn his respect. Once you become friends, he will use his tank to protect you from aggressive players.

Then, get yourself a good, reliable car with good stats. I recommend the rat loader. It's rare, but worth it. It has great stats, high acceleration, and one of the highest top speeds in the game. It's an excellent vehicle for missions and races. You are nearly guaranteed to win every time.

Only do Missions for Gerald and Simeon. They're the big daddies of the game. They pay low at first, but once you complete their missions a few times over and level up, they will begin to pay you more. 15k+ for stealing a car and driving it back to the lot. Easy money.

Also, to show your appreciation for the game, buy a shark card to show Rockstar you support them. The 100k shark card will do, but I recommend you buy the Megadolon Shark Card. You get 8+ MILLION, and get to unlock exclusive content like the Hydra.

Also, kill as many players as you can in free roam. They drop money when they die, which you can steal. The bigger the level difference between them and you, the more money they will drop. Killing a level 150+ player yields a 20K drop.

Don't forget to do gang attacks too. You get massive amounts of money from killing enemies, and even better if you start one near another player. They will jump right in and help you kill the enemies.

Forewarning, this is all bs..
  • EvilFuture and Panzer like this

Dr Murder
  • Dr Murder

mmmm wifey guts...

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 July 2014 - 03:46 AM

sign into social club account and link it... you get a nice free car... unless you have friends play in invite only at least till 25... get your assault smg by signing into social club.. get your special carbine... always look at your map for grief
stay sharp and don't trust anybody... definitely

Panzer
  • Panzer

Kapitulieren?...NEIN!

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 04 July 2014 - 03:47 AM

Don't lie to the kid. You don't want the Rat Loader. I highly recommend the Faggio for the highest top speed and if you're looking for quick getaways, it's also EXTREMELY durable! :)

• Delta India Echo likes this

CallmeGoat
  • CallmeGoat

Glitches R4 Bitches

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 July 2014 - 04:44 AM

Hey all, I'm finally getting the chance to start on GTA Online in the next couple of days after I couldn't because of some Internet issues (long time, I know lol). What should I expect when I start? How much cash do you start with, if any? What weapons, if any? Tips on what I should do to get started? Thanks everyone!

Expect to die (a lot), be broke, have inferior weapons, and suck at life. Oh... and then there's tanks. Good luck.

JaegerV2
  • JaegerV2

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 July 2014 - 05:43 AM Edited by JaegerV2, 04 July 2014 - 05:46 AM.

There's a plethora of information in here to start up a Newcomers Guide to Los Santos for sure. Take note.

I think the most important thing to realise as soon as you're released from the games initial "tutorial" glutches.. Is to have fun.

There's a strong chance you'll be overwhelmed by all the icons on the map but what I'd do personally before stepping foot in the harsh online world is start up an "Invite only" or "solo session" when you get the chance.

I'm not going to lie or sugar coat bullsh*t, GTA Online is a mix of different personalities with different agendas. You might see another player walking down a street minding his own business... Then again you might see a Sabre Turbo drift around the corner like it was a scene from Tokyo Drift and side swipe said player head on.

There's two sides to the GTA Online world, one Side is packed with psychopaths who will shoot anything and their nans OR the laid back handful of people who just want to explore etc

It's quite strange how we as players switch inbetween both of those roles when something gets under our skin lol

So just to get your feet wet, play around with the mechanics and see how everything feels first, as chances are you'll have the contents of your head painted across the floor sooner rather then later.

That or invite a couple of people willing to help you out with the first few ranks, grind a few playlists, especially a Coveted / Potshot - that'll be ideal for you cash / rank wise. Run those for about an hour or so and you'll be in the early / mid 20's rank wise no problem.

Again, remember to have fun. Don't think you need to abide by any rules, it's your choice whatever you do but know.. Some actions might result in consequences. So pick your fights carefully lol you don't want to just roll up on a rank 170+ with just a pistol..

Take it easy, stay frosty.

Oh and as for your first "starters" car, I'd go for the Fusilade. Everything you need and free from the nearest NPC driving it =)

Skylan
  • Skylan

Street Cat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 July 2014 - 06:42 AM

Don't listen to all these other dudes, OP. They're just trying to troll you. My advice is the real deal. Also forgot to mention, buy yourself the Dump Truck IMMEDIATELY. It costs one million, but it is MASSIVELY useful. It has bulletproof windows and ten times the health of any other vehicle because of its size.

• CallmeGoat likes this

RajunKjun
  • RajunKjun

Southwest Louisiana

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 July 2014 - 07:26 AM

Learn the quick job button sequence. Saves you from getting killed by those you don't want to be killed by. Also learn how to do the job teleport glitch to get around the map faster.

Starcomm
  • Starcomm

Landed it!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 July 2014 - 07:00 PM

Don't listen to all these other dudes, OP. They're just trying to troll you. My advice is the real deal. Also forgot to mention, buy yourself the Dump Truck IMMEDIATELY. It costs one million, but it is MASSIVELY useful. It has bulletproof windows and ten times the health of any other vehicle because of its size.

Ha ha ha. Dear me, Super Trolling at its best!

Katterly
  • Katterly

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 July 2014 - 07:47 PM

Basically once an hour you can sell a stolen car to LSC. You'll get 9k for a Gallivanter Baller, and 9.5k for the one Lampedi (sp)  not sure which I've only found it a few times. Its easy money. Other cars sell for less but still decent money. The patriot gets you 5k.

Sorry if someone else already mentioned this :)

Quarterback9
  • Quarterback9

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 July 2014 - 09:14 PM

Appreciate the serious tips guys, will keep all of this in mind.

BigStu4q
  • BigStu4q

Los Demonios MC

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 04 July 2014 - 09:18 PM

Everything quoted above me is a lie

just chill out and have fun, find some friends who play and get them to host the higher level missions to gete you money and RP.

Being a low level now isn't as bad as it was at game launch since now you can buy assault rifles pretty muxh as soons as you start

Skylan
  • Skylan

Street Cat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 July 2014 - 09:20 PM

just chill out and have fun, find some friends who play and get them to host the higher level missions to gete you money and RP.

Being a low level now isn't as bad as it was at game launch since now you can buy assault rifles pretty muxh as soons as you start

Don't listen, OP. You can identify the trolls of the forum by their poor grammar and punctuation skills. 

SMFtwstdHICK
  • SMFtwstdHICK

Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 July 2014 - 11:18 PM

A good free car is the Elegy.. I think you need a social club account, but, it is nice.. And, Free.

Day Reaper
  • Day Reaper

Executioner

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 July 2014 - 02:24 AM Edited by Day Reaper, 05 July 2014 - 02:46 AM.

Go buy the Special Carbine rifle. When I started, I had to wait until Rank 24 to get the AK-47 and then to Rank 42 for the Carbine Rifle.
So in that sense you noobs are very lucky. I would have been entering DMs much sooner had I had access to the Special Carbine back in October.

Look just find out all the FREE stuff you can get. Like what FREE cars, etc...before spending a cent.
Be patient. If you want EVERYTHING high rank players have----you gonna need cash cards.
Don't go buying $2,000 suits because you have $10,000 in the bank.
Don't buy multiple masks as they get expensive and let's face it, you can't wear more than one at a time.
Don't go after every single player that kills you in Free Roam, sometimes the time you waste hunting someone down cause your electronic ego was hurt is not worth it as you could've been using that time MAKING MONEY.

When you have saved enough for that fancy car...remember that modifying it is expensive so saving for just the sticker price WILL NOT get you 1st Place against custom cars.

When buying a car.....RESEARCH!! How?

SINGLE PLAYER. Play the single player enough to have 500K in one if your SP character's bank account for auto modifying expenses (which are cheaper than Online so don't get too excited about pricing at LSC (Los Santos Customs). Anyways, buying and modifying a car you want while in single player will allow you to TEST DRIVE the vehicles.
I cannot tell you how many players impetuously buy cars and then regret them. Nothing worse than buying a $600K plus Cheetah and spending thousands of dollars on vehicle customization and hating it a week later, selling it and only getting $200K for it basically throwing away $400K. Ouch.

Oh and did I mention the GUIDES AND STRATEGIES forum in here??????
Run over there now!!! Check out the stickies.

Quarterback9
  • Quarterback9

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 July 2014 - 09:26 PM

Hey all , anyone want to help me get some cash and rank up? Add me on Xbox Ayoo Predator

iiConTr0v3rSYx
  • iiConTr0v3rSYx

Warning.... Warning... Controversy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 July 2014 - 10:03 PM

Hey all , anyone want to help me get some cash and rank up? Add me on Xbox Ayoo Predator

You could send me a FR!

It's the same as my username.

BigStu4q
  • BigStu4q

Los Demonios MC

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 05 July 2014 - 10:28 PM

Don't listen, OP. You can identify the trolls of the forum by their poor grammar and punctuation skills. 

My grammar and punctuation was fine, my spelling was abit off mostly due to the fact that I'd had a few drinks.

but you're trying to ruin this players game and that's not cool, so either give him/her useful advice or don't post in the thread, simple

Quarterback9
  • Quarterback9

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 July 2014 - 01:16 AM Edited by Quarterback9, 06 July 2014 - 04:07 AM.

Thanks 4 tips guys. I have been grinding the past couple of hours and am now level 12 with 127k cash. Only been killed by other players twice haha.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users