» «
Photo

A SPECIAL VEHICLE NEW DISCOVERY: Special Colours BF-400 with glitchy w

98 replies to this topic
Krawk
  • Krawk

Prankster

• Members

Posted 27 August 2014 - 03:08 AM Edited by Krawk, 27 August 2014 - 03:26 AM.

Just tried to get a mutant bike today - Will try again tomorrow. It might be as random as the Cop Car in Reuniting the Families for PS2 players. Today's attempts are as follows:

1) Did not get to Transfender in time

2) During the proper cutscene, bought the wheels, but when I wanted to buy the paint color, it said I already had that color (really !?!?!) then tried another color but not in time

3) Got to transfender - waited 20 minutes. No Go

4) Got to transfender - waited 45 minutes. No Go. Exited. looked at radar, see 2 blue blips, 1 red. Reentered. 20 Minutes. Same result. 2 Blue, 1 Red.

I did noticed the Ghost Town effect goes away when exiting Transfender. (Meaning there is regular traffic) even while the mission is still going and Smoke can't seem to kill the last 2 guys.

[EDIT]

Attempt Number 5 - I gave Smoke a little bit of help. I guess let's describe it as this. In addition to shooting the two guys you need to, I also shot the guy closest to where you jump over the ledge to run towards the store and get the bicycle. A BF400 with WIRES wheels on it, very nice. The wire spokes only show from the passenger side.

• UltimaRisingPhoenix likes this

UltimaRisingPhoenix
  • UltimaRisingPhoenix

Player Hater Really?

• Members
  • Malaysia

Posted 29 August 2014 - 02:56 AM

Nice Wire wheels are cool-lookin' wheels :)

And yes exiting the Transfender during missions that have the ghost town effect will make it go away (which means regular traffic are back) and I tried doing the Transfender trick in the mission Reuniting The Families and yes the traffic came back but not the pedestrians but whatever.

I think the Off-road wheels is the only type of wheels that chenges the performance of a vehicle (that's why I changed mine to off-road wheels :) )

Well other than that good work Krawk!

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

Chain Game Development Team

• Feroci Racing
  • None
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA & Modding]

Posted 29 August 2014 - 03:58 AM

As far as finding a vehicle is concerned, I remember that the random spawns on PS2 are less reliable, but there are a lot more of them in that area. Consider recovering a vehicle stored in the impound garage - it's right next to the atrium. At least then you should know what you are getting.

I am unaware of any performance improvement/changes offered by any tires. My observations suggest the mod tires are purely cosmetic.

Krawk
  • Krawk

Prankster

• Members

Posted 29 August 2014 - 10:08 PM Edited by Krawk, 29 August 2014 - 11:06 PM.

Phoenix have you messed around yet with secondary colors? I made the observation if you enter with a vehicle such as a Greenwood that you have two color options. I also notice the secondary color on a BF400 is always WHITE so i am trying to experiment with the bright pink color (lower right) to see if it shows up somewhere. I guess I could use SACC and force one to spawn with secondary color. If I have a suspicion is might be the very small spot on the bike where the radiator is. I will report back my findings.

I only ask this because I am getting a couple more of these bikes and on my current attempt I have a Greenwood in the garage, waiting forever patiently for Smoke to kill the last Russian.

Early on in the game extra bikes can of course be stored in Doherty and the Johnson garage (have to push them in though as Grove St says garage full on 2 vehicles). Later in the game there are garages that have 4 save slots but not enough room physically for 4 cars, but these bikes will fit perfectly in the front or back of the cars. Palomino Creek looks big but cannot store more than 2 cars.

[EDIT] Secondary Color does nothing on a BF400, best I can tell.

As far as finding a vehicle is concerned, I remember that the random spawns on PS2 are less reliable, but there are a lot more of them in that area. Consider recovering a vehicle stored in the impound garage - it's right next to the atrium. At least then you should know what you are getting.

On almost every attempt on the PC version, the space-age upside down looking building on the main drag due north of the  bicycle pick up  spawns a car the can be modded at that shop.

Is the PS2 completely random? We have seen some areas that if you run into there are no vehicle spawns but if you enter that area using another vehicle the spawns are there. Perfect example is the Johnson house. The Greenwood & Picador are present only if you are in a vehicle when you enter this area.

And my last count is 4 mutant bikes. As they will fit in garages I can only fit a couple vehicles in anyway.

Also found it slightly easier if I waste the original two in the video, but also, the one guy over the first guy you have to waste right shoulder (we see this 3rd guy up and to the left behind the planter)

Krawk
  • Krawk

Prankster

• Members

Posted 30 August 2014 - 11:02 PM

Another thing to consider once one has a mutant bike - Gray Imports. Why not, right?

• Militia likes this

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 31 August 2014 - 04:03 AM

Actually, Phoenix made a pretty big deal out of getting the proofing from Gray Imports when he first posted the discovery. I guess the strategy was to make the vehicle sound as unique/special/proofed as possible so people would take notice, or it would be more likely to qualify for inclusion on the best guides. In my opinion, either the mutant feature or choice of transfender colors on a bike is enough for this collection to get special attention - but yeah, may as well trick them out completely.

Another comment on random spawns: There are several technical differences between how PS2 and PC handle the parked car generators, but these details don't offer any clues to explain the observations. For example, the PS2 has 400 car generator slots and the PC has 500, but in either case I can't imagine these pools ever getting full on a normal game, so it shouldn't make a difference.

But the primary observation are; there are more parked car generators in the PS2 version (there are more generators placed by the streaming IPL files that are only active if CJ is near), and car generators are less likely to spawn on PS2. There are a few exceptions that confound the observations. Both versions have blocking issues where car generators are too close together and block the spawning of others. Also, many of the vehicles, especially vehicles required for missions, are marked with a "force spawn" flag. If the vehicle is always there whenever CJ arrives, even if he spawns in right next to it, then it probably has the force spawn flag.

Sweet and Ryder's cars do not have the force spawn flag, so they won't appear when CJ exits his house on grove street unless they had already spawned before he went in. Frequently you are fighting with the game mechanics that wants to keep vehicles from suddenly spawning right in front of CJ. I think it helps a little, not as much as I'd like, if I try to help the game out by not looking in the direction of a known vehicle spawn as I approach. Maybe take a less than direct approach. It's not as obvious as simply looking behind to make the chili vendors spawn, but it seems to help a little.

• Militia and UltimaRisingPhoenix like this

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 11 September 2014 - 06:19 PM

One of the coolest special vehicle collectors, Jam8tone, has also seen the video and he said it was legit :)

Poor guy. I listened to the audio on his Tenpenny Firetruck video and he goes on and on about how he discovered how to do it on PS2 when all he had to do was read the method I had posted 6 months prior. If he'd just bothered to check in on our forums once in a while he could have saved himself a lot of extra work.

Militia
  • Militia

Unique/Proof/EC Vehicle Collector

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 September 2014 - 05:50 PM

jam8tone and fnxrak, also 4emp2008 is all I use for vehicle collecting, lol...More so jam8tone, since he has complete vehicle collections for LCS, VCS, III, and many, many vehicles for SA, too.

• UltimaRisingPhoenix likes this

fnxrak
  • fnxrak

"Does the Pope sh*t in the Woods?"

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 14 September 2014 - 10:50 AM Edited by fnxrak, 14 September 2014 - 10:56 AM.

The Bulletproof Car Walkthrough by System Error and the "Official" Unofficial Bulletproof & Special Vehicles Guide (aka "Official" Unofficial System Error Guide Updates) were the ones that made me a collector :colgate:

PS. That and the help and support from many many GTAForums members :sly:

• Militia and UltimaRisingPhoenix like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users