A SPECIAL VEHICLE NEW DISCOVERY: Special Colours BF-400 with glitchy w

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
190 replies to this topic
Krawk
  • Krawk

Prankster

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 27 August 2014 - 03:08 AM Edited by Krawk, 27 August 2014 - 03:26 AM.

Just tried to get a mutant bike today - Will try again tomorrow. It might be as random as the Cop Car in Reuniting the Families for PS2 players. Today's attempts are as follows:

1) Did not get to Transfender in time

2) During the proper cutscene, bought the wheels, but when I wanted to buy the paint color, it said I already had that color (really !?!?!) then tried another color but not in time

3) Got to transfender - waited 20 minutes. No Go

4) Got to transfender - waited 45 minutes. No Go. Exited. looked at radar, see 2 blue blips, 1 red. Reentered. 20 Minutes. Same result. 2 Blue, 1 Red.

I did noticed the Ghost Town effect goes away when exiting Transfender. (Meaning there is regular traffic) even while the mission is still going and Smoke can't seem to kill the last 2 guys.

[EDIT]

Attempt Number 5 - I gave Smoke a little bit of help. I guess let's describe it as this. In addition to shooting the two guys you need to, I also shot the guy closest to where you jump over the ledge to run towards the store and get the bicycle. A BF400 with WIRES wheels on it, very nice. The wire spokes only show from the passenger side.

• UltimaRisingPhoenix likes this

UltimaRisingPhoenix
  • UltimaRisingPhoenix

Player Hater Really?

• Members
  • Malaysia

Posted 29 August 2014 - 02:56 AM

Nice Wire wheels are cool-lookin' wheels :)

And yes exiting the Transfender during missions that have the ghost town effect will make it go away (which means regular traffic are back) and I tried doing the Transfender trick in the mission Reuniting The Families and yes the traffic came back but not the pedestrians but whatever.

I think the Off-road wheels is the only type of wheels that chenges the performance of a vehicle (that's why I changed mine to off-road wheels :) )

Well other than that good work Krawk!

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

Chain Game Development Team

• Feroci
  • None
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA & Modding]

Posted 29 August 2014 - 03:58 AM

As far as finding a vehicle is concerned, I remember that the random spawns on PS2 are less reliable, but there are a lot more of them in that area. Consider recovering a vehicle stored in the impound garage - it's right next to the atrium. At least then you should know what you are getting.

I am unaware of any performance improvement/changes offered by any tires. My observations suggest the mod tires are purely cosmetic.

Krawk
  • Krawk

Prankster

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 29 August 2014 - 10:08 PM Edited by Krawk, 29 August 2014 - 11:06 PM.

Phoenix have you messed around yet with secondary colors? I made the observation if you enter with a vehicle such as a Greenwood that you have two color options. I also notice the secondary color on a BF400 is always WHITE so i am trying to experiment with the bright pink color (lower right) to see if it shows up somewhere. I guess I could use SACC and force one to spawn with secondary color. If I have a suspicion is might be the very small spot on the bike where the radiator is. I will report back my findings.

I only ask this because I am getting a couple more of these bikes and on my current attempt I have a Greenwood in the garage, waiting forever patiently for Smoke to kill the last Russian.

Early on in the game extra bikes can of course be stored in Doherty and the Johnson garage (have to push them in though as Grove St says garage full on 2 vehicles). Later in the game there are garages that have 4 save slots but not enough room physically for 4 cars, but these bikes will fit perfectly in the front or back of the cars. Palomino Creek looks big but cannot store more than 2 cars.

[EDIT] Secondary Color does nothing on a BF400, best I can tell.

As far as finding a vehicle is concerned, I remember that the random spawns on PS2 are less reliable, but there are a lot more of them in that area. Consider recovering a vehicle stored in the impound garage - it's right next to the atrium. At least then you should know what you are getting.

On almost every attempt on the PC version, the space-age upside down looking building on the main drag due north of the  bicycle pick up  spawns a car the can be modded at that shop.

Is the PS2 completely random? We have seen some areas that if you run into there are no vehicle spawns but if you enter that area using another vehicle the spawns are there. Perfect example is the Johnson house. The Greenwood & Picador are present only if you are in a vehicle when you enter this area.

And my last count is 4 mutant bikes. As they will fit in garages I can only fit a couple vehicles in anyway.

Also found it slightly easier if I waste the original two in the video, but also, the one guy over the first guy you have to waste right shoulder (we see this 3rd guy up and to the left behind the planter)

Krawk
  • Krawk

Prankster

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 30 August 2014 - 11:02 PM

Another thing to consider once one has a mutant bike - Gray Imports. Why not, right?

• MetalMilitia89 likes this

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 31 August 2014 - 04:03 AM

Actually, Phoenix made a pretty big deal out of getting the proofing from Gray Imports when he first posted the discovery. I guess the strategy was to make the vehicle sound as unique/special/proofed as possible so people would take notice, or it would be more likely to qualify for inclusion on the best guides. In my opinion, either the mutant feature or choice of transfender colors on a bike is enough for this collection to get special attention - but yeah, may as well trick them out completely.

Another comment on random spawns: There are several technical differences between how PS2 and PC handle the parked car generators, but these details don't offer any clues to explain the observations. For example, the PS2 has 400 car generator slots and the PC has 500, but in either case I can't imagine these pools ever getting full on a normal game, so it shouldn't make a difference.

But the primary observation are; there are more parked car generators in the PS2 version (there are more generators placed by the streaming IPL files that are only active if CJ is near), and car generators are less likely to spawn on PS2. There are a few exceptions that confound the observations. Both versions have blocking issues where car generators are too close together and block the spawning of others. Also, many of the vehicles, especially vehicles required for missions, are marked with a "force spawn" flag. If the vehicle is always there whenever CJ arrives, even if he spawns in right next to it, then it probably has the force spawn flag.

Sweet and Ryder's cars do not have the force spawn flag, so they won't appear when CJ exits his house on grove street unless they had already spawned before he went in. Frequently you are fighting with the game mechanics that wants to keep vehicles from suddenly spawning right in front of CJ. I think it helps a little, not as much as I'd like, if I try to help the game out by not looking in the direction of a known vehicle spawn as I approach. Maybe take a less than direct approach. It's not as obvious as simply looking behind to make the chili vendors spawn, but it seems to help a little.

• MetalMilitia89 and UltimaRisingPhoenix like this

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 11 September 2014 - 06:19 PM

One of the coolest special vehicle collectors, Jam8tone, has also seen the video and he said it was legit :)

Poor guy. I listened to the audio on his Tenpenny Firetruck video and he goes on and on about how he discovered how to do it on PS2 when all he had to do was read the method I had posted 6 months prior. If he'd just bothered to check in on our forums once in a while he could have saved himself a lot of extra work.

MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

GTA Series Special Vehicle Collector

• Feroci
  • United-States
  • The collector [Amazing work on the Special Vehicle Guide!]

Posted 13 September 2014 - 05:50 PM

jam8tone and fnxrak, also 4emp2008 is all I use for vehicle collecting, lol...More so jam8tone, since he has complete vehicle collections for LCS, VCS, III, and many, many vehicles for SA, too.

• UltimaRisingPhoenix likes this

fnxrak
  • fnxrak

"Does the Pope sh*t in the Woods?"

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 14 September 2014 - 10:50 AM Edited by fnxrak, 14 September 2014 - 10:56 AM.

The Bulletproof Car Walkthrough by System Error and the "Official" Unofficial Bulletproof & Special Vehicles Guide (aka "Official" Unofficial System Error Guide Updates) were the ones that made me a collector :colgate:

PS. That and the help and support from many many GTAForums members :sly:

rhans
  • rhans

Street Cat

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 November 2014 - 02:13 AM

I have one curiosity. Do wheels change de vehicle performance? Because it would be very nice having a BF-400 that for example did better than a normal one using off road wheels when driving in places such as the desert.

UltimaRisingPhoenix
  • UltimaRisingPhoenix

Player Hater Really?

• Members
  • Malaysia

Posted 01 November 2014 - 06:29 AM

I have one curiosity. Do wheels change de vehicle performance? Because it would be very nice having a BF-400 that for example did better than a normal one using off road wheels when driving in places such as the desert.

Good question, although it's not really confirmed yet but a lot of people say that changing wheels doesn't really make much of a difference to the vehicle's performance :/ 

HeroBrineR007
  • HeroBrineR007

Perennials, Perennials everywhere!

• BUSTED!
  • Netherlands

Posted 01 November 2014 - 11:57 AM

Only Offroad wheels change performance.

Krawk
  • Krawk

Prankster

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 01 December 2014 - 01:31 AM Edited by Krawk, 01 December 2014 - 01:31 AM.

Phoenix have you experimented with buying the wheels sooner than the final cutscene? I know your tutorial says not to buy the wheels right away, but have you tried buying them while on the BF400, then spray the car (bike) when the cutscene causes the mission to fail. Have you experimented with the first cutscene instead?

MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 01 December 2014 - 01:58 PM

It'll be the day when someone discovers how to get the DP/EP/FP BF-400 without cheats.  Same with the AP Packer.

@HeroBrine007 ; Have you tried on Mobile to get the AP Packer?  I've seen people obtain it with Cheats and they got it impounded.  I think on Mobile, the same way you get the AP Sultan without cheats, you can do the same for the Packer but the Packer must go to the Impound since you physically can't store it anywhere in Los Santos since the Garages are too small.

HeroBrineR007
  • HeroBrineR007

• BUSTED!
  • Netherlands

Posted 01 December 2014 - 02:39 PM

Or bring it to Doherty using the air pocket glitch :)

And for the BF-400, Can't you move in cutscenes on PS2?

MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 01 December 2014 - 02:49 PM

You can't move CJ on every Mission Cutscene, only some of them.  And it just so happens you can move him during "Beatdown on B-Dup" to get the AP Infernus very, very easily.  I think the BF-400 has to be blown up to keep the properties then you shoot it or push with a Vehicle to a Garage.  But the only way to blow it up is "Blow Up All Cars Cheat" but this is a cheat, that GTA purists don't want to use.  No cheats are aloud for us! :p

I don't even know if the Packer would fit in Doherty OR Hashburry.  It'd probably ONLY fit in the Hanger in Verdant Meadows...

HeroBrineR007
  • HeroBrineR007

• BUSTED!
  • Netherlands

Posted 01 December 2014 - 03:55 PM

Well on my phone, when i go to CLEO menu, i can move in cutscenes. I then shot Big Smoke and the bike was there. Proofed and all. I didn't obtain it however since i don't need a vehicle you need cheats for.

I am unaware of any performance improvement/changes offered by any tires. My observations suggest the mod tires are purely cosmetic.

Only Offroad wheels change performance

MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 01 December 2014 - 06:55 PM

Well on my phone, when i go to CLEO menu, i can move in cutscenes. I then shot Big Smoke and the bike was there. Proofed and all. I didn't obtain it however since i don't need a vehicle you need cheats for.

CLEO is a mod or something?  If you use mods, then yeah, don't obtain it.  However, if you are NOT using mods and are NOT typing in cheats and you CAN get the DP/EP/FP BF-400, I'd say get it.  Why not?!  That'd be the second exclusive Vehicle for Mobile.  AP Sultan and DP/EP/FP BF-400.

Krawk
  • Krawk

Prankster

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 01 December 2014 - 07:38 PM

Additional Experimenting Observations:

When it seems as though Big Smoke can never kill the last two guys, exit the mod shop, drive towards the Donut Shop (Crash Missions Donut Shop) and do a U-turn back to the mod shop. I think there is a pied-piper effect, Smoke cannot kill the enemy because they're probably behind concrete planters and Smoke is too dumb to move to the side to shoot them. By you going to the Donut Shop, it changes their position on the garage rooftop. If you do not get the "time to return the favor" cutscene within 3 minutes it probably is not going to happen at all, but wait til 5 minutes before going towards donut shop. This pied-piper effect may also be related to what side of the road CJ is running down when he gets the bike at Robois market.

I had one mission failure that still left all the mod shop menus intact. I had to basically exit the mod shop to get to CJ sitting passenger on the BF400. I am trying to recreate it now. I think the details were that I had either a Perennial or Comet inside the mod shop at the time, I selected off-road wheels and the Dark Brown color towards the middle of the screen. I will experiment with teleport and spawn car to quicken the process. It might have been timing of the paintjob too so I cannot conclude at this time. If this can be recreated though, the bonus is that you have more time to select your mods and/or colors. If you want one of the colors on the lower right part of the color menu you have to be very fast selecting it as the cutscene is relatively short. If you can simply choose the first color to fail the mission, the menu still intact you can then select the correct color and wheels at a leisurely pace. It may also be possible to fool the game into allowing other mods, such as nitrous, etc

• MetalMilitia89 likes this

Krawk
  • Krawk

Prankster

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 01 December 2014 - 08:08 PM Edited by Krawk, 01 December 2014 - 09:19 PM.

Experiment Update in progress but findings so far:

Important Discovery - Buying wheels during first cutscene does nothing during the cutscene however (see below) for conclusion. However, spraying the car (bike) during the cutscene cause it to blow up and CJ dies. Next I am going to spray the bike before CJ gets on it (but while smoke is on it) to see if it kills Smoke but not CJ. If this works it means a ep/fp/dp BF400 without cheats. (Crossing Fingers at this point) - Using the cheating method to get the proofed bike sometimes requires the code be used again as it doesn't damage Big Smoke enough.

If the wheels did take to the bike during the first cutscene, it offers hope that you now have ample opportunity to select the color you want so you can apply it to the 2nd cutscene.

Next I tried buying the wheels during gameplay. The bike took the wheels and the game exited from the underworld (and mod shop goes away) so the mission resumes like normal. It's pretty funny seeing Big Smoke driving the mutant BF400. Of course this means nothing because the bike is not yours as when the mission completed the bike is gone.

Also, back to my original idea - I bought the off road wheels on a Perennial about half a second before the second cutscene then bought the first color paint I could, the mission failed but the mod shop menus stayed on the screen after the "Mission Failed" went away. I am going to experiment with other vehicles to make sure it was not Perennial specific. I think it is all timing. When I entered the "Exhaust" menu the game crashed.

Krawk
  • Krawk

Prankster

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 01 December 2014 - 09:17 PM Edited by Krawk, 01 December 2014 - 09:21 PM.

And ... experimenting over for now.

Tried doing the proofed BF400 without cheats and here's what I discovered

-Painting the BF400 during the first cutscene causes it to blow up

--It will not allow you to paint it until CJ is sitting on it, thus causing a death

---I tried running from the hospital (county general) to where the BF would be but it was gone

----Although it may not be proofed, I tried painting it when I got to the roadblock, then ran from that hospital (All Saints) to the spot without looking away from the spot, no good

-----This method still deserves further study - UltimateRisingPhoenix, what was your conclusion about using the other mod shop options other than wheels and colors, did they all crash the game or do other odd things happen that we might be able to use to get the proofed bike without cheats?

Next I tried my other questions and here's what I found:

-You may apply the wheels during the first cutscene, just make sure CJ is on the bike

Mod Shop Menu:

-If you apply the paintjob during the first second or two of the 2nd cutscene, regardless of the car you used in the mod shop, after it says Mission Failed, the mod shop menu returns. You may then choose a different color if you want to or you can add the wheels. When you press whatever button you normally would to exit the mod shop, The BF400 you're looking for is there as it should be, with the wheels and the custom color and of course with CJ on the back seat. I think the timing of this is semicritical because the first marker starts the cutscene, the next changes camera angle so that the Packer can be seen dropping from above. So if you paint the car (bike) before the 2nd marker it gives you the mod shop menu.

UltimateRisingPhoenix, your discovery is monumental. Implementing some of my suggestions will make it so much easier to make your choices. I often times could not get the exact color I wanted because adding the wheels, navigating the menu and navigating to the color I wanted to was difficult in the few seconds it gives you. In a nutshell I would suggest the gamer to add their wheels during the first Cutscene and the color they want during the second. Or, if they want, just add the color during the first second of the 2nd cutscene then add the wheels after the mission is failed. No tripping over your own fingers to get the right menus in the few seconds it gives you. Also my suggestion of driving to the donut shop if it seems Smoke cannot kill the last two guys.

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 01 December 2014 - 09:31 PM

My observation was that I was unable to notice a performance difference when using off-road wheels for "record book" racing in the Wu Zi Mu race. I have seen nothing that would challenge that conclusion in all the years since. Can you offer any evidence for your argument?

HeroBrineR007
  • HeroBrineR007

• BUSTED!
  • Netherlands

Posted 01 December 2014 - 09:48 PM

My observation was that I was unable to notice a performance difference when using off-road wheels for "record book" racing in the Wu Zi Mu race. I have seen nothing that would challenge that conclusion in all the years since. Can you offer any evidence for your argument?

Well i have no evidence, but the Pony in Life's a Beach tends to oversteer more on road for me. I don't have that with normal Pony's most of the time

MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 02 December 2014 - 12:34 AM

@Krawk, this is getting interesting now.  Thanks for the information.  I really hope it becomes obtainable without cheats! :)

UltimaRisingPhoenix
  • UltimaRisingPhoenix

Player Hater Really?

• Members
  • Malaysia

Posted 02 December 2014 - 04:04 AM

And ... experimenting over for now.

Tried doing the proofed BF400 without cheats and here's what I discovered

-Painting the BF400 during the first cutscene causes it to blow up

--It will not allow you to paint it until CJ is sitting on it, thus causing a death

---I tried running from the hospital (county general) to where the BF would be but it was gone

----Although it may not be proofed, I tried painting it when I got to the roadblock, then ran from that hospital (All Saints) to the spot without looking away from the spot, no good

-----This method still deserves further study - UltimateRisingPhoenix, what was your conclusion about using the other mod shop options other than wheels and colors, did they all crash the game or do other odd things happen that we might be able to use to get the proofed bike without cheats?

Next I tried my other questions and here's what I found:

-You may apply the wheels during the first cutscene, just make sure CJ is on the bike

Mod Shop Menu:

-If you apply the paintjob during the first second or two of the 2nd cutscene, regardless of the car you used in the mod shop, after it says Mission Failed, the mod shop menu returns. You may then choose a different color if you want to or you can add the wheels. When you press whatever button you normally would to exit the mod shop, The BF400 you're looking for is there as it should be, with the wheels and the custom color and of course with CJ on the back seat. I think the timing of this is semicritical because the first marker starts the cutscene, the next changes camera angle so that the Packer can be seen dropping from above. So if you paint the car (bike) before the 2nd marker it gives you the mod shop menu.

UltimateRisingPhoenix, your discovery is monumental. Implementing some of my suggestions will make it so much easier to make your choices. I often times could not get the exact color I wanted because adding the wheels, navigating the menu and navigating to the color I wanted to was difficult in the few seconds it gives you. In a nutshell I would suggest the gamer to add their wheels during the first Cutscene and the color they want during the second. Or, if they want, just add the color during the first second of the 2nd cutscene then add the wheels after the mission is failed. No tripping over your own fingers to get the right menus in the few seconds it gives you. Also my suggestion of driving to the donut shop if it seems Smoke cannot kill the last two guys.

Yes indeed, your suggestions does makes the way of obtaining this BF-400 easier. :D

And yes, this method might need more further studies and thank you @Krawk!

Krawk
  • Krawk

Prankster

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 05 December 2014 - 12:44 AM

Phoenix, have you tried much with other modshop options during either cutscene? (preferably the first as the bike is proofed during it)

Do any options other than wheels or paint cause the program to crash?

UltimaRisingPhoenix
  • UltimaRisingPhoenix

Player Hater Really?

• Members
  • Malaysia

Posted 05 December 2014 - 07:37 AM

Phoenix, have you tried much with other modshop options during either cutscene? (preferably the first as the bike is proofed during it)

Do any options other than wheels or paint cause the program to crash?

From what I've done so far, nitro crashes the game too (was kinda hoping to use nitro using a motorbike though :().

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 05 December 2014 - 09:05 AM Edited by OrionSR, 05 December 2014 - 09:07 AM.

I'm convinced that nitro is not going to work on a motorcycle without some sort of external mod. I tried every setting I could think of using garage editing and cleo codes and what would work just fine on a car just doesn't work on a bike. I suspect the crashing is occurring when the mod shop tries to attach the nitro bottles object to a bone that doesn't exist, or however that works on SA - I haven't experimented with modeling at all. I would expect similar crashes if you tried to attach roofs, wings, hoods or bumpers to motorcycle.

PC (and mobile) players can enable motorcycles in the Transfenders using the Transfender Fix that's been available on GTAGarage for years. However, the bikes tend to get stuck in the ceiling after leaving the shops in SF and LV. The only options available are colors, bass boost (seems to work as expected), and hydraulics (doesn't seem to work). IIRC, I experimented with additional settings such as custom wheels in the config file but nothing changed in-game.

UltimaRisingPhoenix
  • UltimaRisingPhoenix

Player Hater Really?

• Members
  • Malaysia

Posted 05 December 2014 - 11:17 AM

I'm convinced that nitro is not going to work on a motorcycle without some sort of external mod. I tried every setting I could think of using garage editing and cleo codes and what would work just fine on a car just doesn't work on a bike. I suspect the crashing is occurring when the mod shop tries to attach the nitro bottles object to a bone that doesn't exist, or however that works on SA - I haven't experimented with modeling at all. I would expect similar crashes if you tried to attach roofs, wings, hoods or bumpers to motorcycle.

PC (and mobile) players can enable motorcycles in the Transfenders using the Transfender Fix that's been available on GTAGarage for years. However, the bikes tend to get stuck in the ceiling after leaving the shops in SF and LV. The only options available are colors, bass boost (seems to work as expected), and hydraulics (doesn't seem to work). IIRC, I experimented with additional settings such as custom wheels in the config file but nothing changed in-game.

May I ask what does bass boost do?

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 05 December 2014 - 11:44 AM

Contrary to popular belief, bass boost does not make the fish move faster. Instead it will increase the volume of the lower frequencies of the radio stations; an effect similar to adding a sub-woofer.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users