• This topic is locked This topic is locked
190 replies to this topic
UltimaRisingPhoenix
  • UltimaRisingPhoenix

Player Hater Really?

• Members
  • Malaysia

Posted 10 July 2014 - 10:17 AM

This is sick, now i need start up new 100%, good i have my starter save on my PS2 LOL

Hehehe, I feel sorry for people who have to start their 100% completion again XD

Well good luck getting it ;)

• MetalMilitia89 likes this

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

Chain Game Development Team

• Feroci
  • None
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA & Modding]

Posted 10 July 2014 - 11:31 AM

Thanks for the corrections, I know it is too long but what other way is there to make it shorter?

From an editor's perspective, this is an outstanding first draft. You should chill for a bit and let those creative juices flush out of your system so you can take a fresh look at it without short term memory playing tricks with your brain. I'm going to think on this for a while.

• MetalMilitia89 and UltimaRisingPhoenix like this

UltimaRisingPhoenix
  • UltimaRisingPhoenix

Player Hater Really?

• Members
  • Malaysia

Posted 10 July 2014 - 11:53 AM

Thanks for the corrections, I know it is too long but what other way is there to make it shorter?

From an editor's perspective, this is an outstanding first draft. You should chill for a bit and let those creative juices flush out of your system so you can take a fresh look at it without short term memory playing tricks with your brain. I'm going to think on this for a while.

Alright then... got to take a break i guess  :zZz:

Bender.ㅤ
  • Bender.ㅤ

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 10 July 2014 - 05:16 PM

Not working as for Android. When i buy color at same time as in PC Big Smoke won't die, when i "exit transfender" game actually shows the BF-400 Gold and Twist Tires on them. but only in chase, I Can't get off from bike though.

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 10 July 2014 - 08:12 PM

Not a long break though. My thoughts follow, but feel free to consider other options.

We should discuss the invisible aspects of the mission and reach a conclusion about what's going on and then just state the facts as they are. I think you've basically got it right though.

The other idea is about format, although you did a great job on copying the style. The general idea is to split up the info so the Method section can be shorter. Maybe something like.

Header: 6.xx Mutant BF-400 With any Transfender colors, etc.

Intro: What is a Mutant Bike? The key feature of the glitch, so the reader knows this is real. This is your hook for the reader.

Overview: Paint a picture of how this collection works. Include the unusual challenges to be expected. Basically, move what you can out of the method section. Leave out all the details, like how to move about.

Method: Whittle down to the step by step procedures required by the player during the mission.

Read This: Perhaps a bullet list. Anything so important that it must be repeated right at the top. Clarifications based on player feedback. Comments that shouldn't be omitted but clutter the other sections.

There's a risk that the text might actually get a bit longer when reworked, but it should be easier for people who scan-read to find the critical information they need. Spend a little time on sanding the rough edges and then polish it a little.

Give another thought to ease of translation while reworking the text. I don't see any major problems - just keep an eye out.

And no hurry. Enjoy the weather; it's been nice around here.

King Andreas
  • King Andreas

(_)

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 July 2014 - 10:31 PM

Do you realize what you've done? You made me think a similar tactic could be used to give the Drive-Thru Greenwood a paint job. The problem: Loco Low Co isn't accessible when the Drive-Thru mission is available. My solution: Using mission select codes that allow me to play any mission at any point in the game. Prior to starting the mission, I parked a Broadway in the Johnson garage. After starting the mission and watching the Cluckin' Bell cut-scene, I hurriedly drove the Broadway to the mod garage. Anticipating the cut-scene that precedes the "mission failed" popup, I switched back and forth between paint jobs with the hopes I'd time one of them in. 10 minutes later, it never arose; it arose when I exited the garage. Much to my dismay, I never appeared in a painted Greenwood. A flashing red "operation misadventure in vain" popup would've been more fitting. I'm not upset with you for instilling false hope in me; I'm upset in general, so I'm sorry if it sounds otherwise.

UltimaRisingPhoenix
  • UltimaRisingPhoenix

Player Hater Really?

• Members
  • Malaysia

Posted 11 July 2014 - 03:00 AM

Not working as for Android. When i buy color at same time as in PC Big Smoke won't die, when i "exit transfender" game actually shows the BF-400 Gold and Twist Tires on them. but only in chase, I Can't get off from bike though.

Ah I see :O

Not a long break though. My thoughts follow, but feel free to consider other options.

We should discuss the invisible aspects of the mission and reach a conclusion about what's going on and then just state the facts as they are. I think you've basically got it right though.

The other idea is about format, although you did a great job on copying the style. The general idea is to split up the info so the Method section can be shorter. Maybe something like.

Header: 6.xx Mutant BF-400 With any Transfender colors, etc.

Intro: What is a Mutant Bike? The key feature of the glitch, so the reader knows this is real. This is your hook for the reader.

Overview: Paint a picture of how this collection works. Include the unusual challenges to be expected. Basically, move what you can out of the method section. Leave out all the details, like how to move about.

Method: Whittle down to the step by step procedures required by the player during the mission.

Read This: Perhaps a bullet list. Anything so important that it must be repeated right at the top. Clarifications based on player feedback. Comments that shouldn't be omitted but clutter the other sections.

There's a risk that the text might actually get a bit longer when reworked, but it should be easier for people who scan-read to find the critical information they need. Spend a little time on sanding the rough edges and then polish it a little.

Give another thought to ease of translation while reworking the text. I don't see any major problems - just keep an eye out.

And no hurry. Enjoy the weather; it's been nice around here.

So longgg, I don't even know where to start :/

Do you realize what you've done? You made me think a similar tactic could be used to give the Drive-Thru Greenwood a paint job. The problem: Loco Low Co isn't accessible when the Drive-Thru mission is available. My solution: Using mission select codes that allow me to play any mission at any point in the game. Prior to starting the mission, I parked a Broadway in the Johnson garage. After starting the mission and watching the Cluckin' Bell cut-scene, I hurriedly drove the Broadway to the mod garage. Anticipating the cut-scene that precedes the "mission failed" popup, I switched back and forth between paint jobs with the hopes I'd time one of them in. 10 minutes later, it never arose; it arose when I exited the garage. Much to my dismay, I never appeared in a painted Greenwood. A flashing red "operation misadventure in vain" popup would've been more fitting. I'm not upset with you for instilling false hope in me; I'm upset in general, so I'm sorry if it sounds otherwise.

Wait what? I don't get your method for the mission 'Drive-Thru' because it seems confusing well good luck however :/

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 11 July 2014 - 10:57 AM

Whoops. I made my suggestions thinking I'd have the day off tomorrow and would have time to make more concrete suggestions. I'm not sure when I'll have time to pick this up again. Sorry.

King Andreas
  • King Andreas

(_)

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 July 2014 - 04:20 PM

I don't know how to explain it any better. Basically, I did the equivalent of what you did with different circumstances. What I learned: Your trick isn't compatible with all missions.

• MetalMilitia89 and UltimaRisingPhoenix like this

Krawk
  • Krawk

Prankster

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 13 July 2014 - 04:48 PM Edited by Krawk, 13 July 2014 - 05:07 PM.

Nice find, very innovative - looks like your job would be easier though if you have completed burglary mission (unlimited sprint)

OrionSR - I guess one (such as yourself) could QUICKLY verify the glitch to get this bike. Use teleport and vehicle spawn commands. Teleport yourself to Transfender, spawn a vehicle that Transfender accepts then ample time to wait for the rest : )

Re: THE AP Greenwood - takes about 20 minutes or so. I usually make sure there was a gang-war prompt just prior to trying, save the game, start the mission. This gives you 24 minutes before the next gang war. No biggie if you actually get one while trying to get it, you have much time (and you could use a taxi or cop car to trigger the sub mission to cancel the gang war)

UltimaRisingPhoenix
  • UltimaRisingPhoenix

Player Hater Really?

• Members
  • Malaysia

Posted 13 July 2014 - 09:51 PM

Nice find, very innovative - looks like your job would be easier though if you have completed burglary mission (unlimited sprint)

OrionSR - I guess one (such as yourself) could QUICKLY verify the glitch to get this bike. Use teleport and vehicle spawn commands. Teleport yourself to Transfender, spawn a vehicle that Transfender accepts then ample time to wait for the rest : )

Re: THE AP Greenwood - takes about 20 minutes or so. I usually make sure there was a gang-war prompt just prior to trying, save the game, start the mission. This gives you 24 minutes before the next gang war. No biggie if you actually get one while trying to get it, you have much time (and you could use a taxi or cop car to trigger the sub mission to cancel the gang war)

Indeed, it would be easier with infinite sprint :)

Medical Cocaine
  • Medical Cocaine

Square Civilian

• BUSTED!
  • New-Zealand

Posted 13 July 2014 - 11:32 PM

Really cool find, I gotta ask, how did you manage to figure it out? The process gltichers go through to find this stuff always mystifies me, although I sorta know what its like from some other games.

MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

GTA Series Special Vehicle Collector

• Feroci
  • United-States
  • The collector [Amazing work on the Special Vehicle Guide!]

Posted 13 July 2014 - 11:48 PM

^^^^^^^^^ That's exactly how I feel.  How the f*ck do people find this stuff out by chance.  "Today, I am gonna just ditch the mission and run to the Transfender with said vehicle"  OMG!  It turned into a Mutant Bike!

...Like, how on f*cking earth does people find such vehicles in these games is beyond me, but it's great when these things happen.  Makes you want to replay the game to 100% again and get even a better vehicle collection than the previous attempt, LOL

UltimaRisingPhoenix
  • UltimaRisingPhoenix

Player Hater Really?

• Members
  • Malaysia

Posted 14 July 2014 - 03:06 AM Edited by UltimaRisingPhoenix, 14 July 2014 - 10:26 AM.

First of all... I would like to say that this wasn't suppose to be a special vehicle discovery in the first place because I wanted to search for places to enter to the interior world but got caught up with discovering this awesome special discovery of mine during the Just Business mission :)

Here's the story:

I want to go through the interior world in that mission after finding out that after killing those mafias, a cutscene activates (pretty rare thing for a mission to have) and CJ would enter a vehicle.

After analyzing which of the mafias are the main threat, it turned to be the 2 out of those mafias that are shooting at Big Smoke and so i simply killed them.

Afterwards, I run to find a car (PS2 version is easy since there's already a car parked nearby the atrium) and try to find ANY interior to enter BUT... all of them cannot be entered... So I was figuring out... Which interior is free for me to enter... And the answer was just right there... The Car Mod Shop such as Transfender.

Transfender is located in the interior world which is just what I needed and so with the help of Big Smoke killing those leftover mafias, I quickly drove a car to Transfender before Big Smoke kill the leftover mafias and success... in the interior world. Then I was waiting for a few minutes for Big Smoke to kill them and yes... he killed them and the cutscene (what I was expecting) activated! :O BUT the weird thing was... The modification list was still on the screen! (I didn't expect this one coming...) So I was thinking if CJ got on the bike... and I change the color of it... 'would that mean that Big Smoke would die (Since I looked on a video on how to obtain the AP Packer and AP Sultan with cheats) during the cutscene when the Packer makes a comeback?' and YES it was true changing the color during the cutscene did made Big Smoke died and of course mission failed :O and the weird thing was... I was still alive and still in the Transfender garage and so... I pressed the triangle button (PS2 version) and... it exited me out of Transfender and I was like 'eh where was my other car that I modded when entering Transfender' but then... 'What vehicle is that?' and then it was actually a BF-400 with CJ sitting on the back of it like in the mission... so i got out and went back on it and drive out of the garage... AND I was 'shocked' that it was a Pink color XD because I chose the color pink during the glitched-up process of mine :D and I saved it in the garage and it was saved...

So I did the whole process again and tried every other modifications BUT all of the other modifications makes my GTA SA Froze so i had to reset the game A LOT. BUT only one other modification works... and it was the wheels... SO during the cutscene, I quickly chose the wheels I want to mod the bike which was the 'Off-road wheels' and quickly go to colors and BAM Big Smoke died. Then got out of Transfender and now... here's what you guys called... The first ever... 'MUTANT BIKE DISCOVERY' with Transfender colours! :)

And that guys... is how I manage to discover this baby out :)

Sorry if it's too long to read but if you want to know how I discovered it then here is a LONG paragraph for you to read enjoy :p

• OrionSR, DarrinPA and MetalMilitia89 like this

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 14 July 2014 - 05:17 AM

OrionSR - I guess one (such as yourself) could QUICKLY verify the glitch to get this bike.

I didn't feel the need to verify the glitch since the Mutant Bike aspect wasn't much of a mystery other than how he pulled it off without cheats, and the video explained that pretty clearly. I was more interested in playing with other thoughts than actually finishing it. When I get the chance I'll try to finish once just to say I did it.

Great story, Phoenix.

Krawk
  • Krawk

Prankster

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 15 July 2014 - 02:49 AM Edited by Krawk, 15 July 2014 - 02:57 AM.

OrionSR - I guess one (such as yourself) could QUICKLY verify the glitch to get this bike.

I didn't feel the need to verify the glitch since the Mutant Bike aspect wasn't much of a mystery other than how he pulled it off without cheats, and the video explained that pretty clearly. I was more interested in playing with other thoughts than actually finishing it. When I get the chance I'll try to finish once just to say I did it.

Great story, Phoenix.

I could try to use the same techniques but here's the problems I would need to work through;

1) is not purchasing a tire style and firing the gun while being chased the same button? Often times I have noticed that firing a gun while being driven by others does NOT work with the LMB but does work with L CTRL.

2) If I use SACC to teleport CJ, the side effect is he's invincible afterwards. Not sure if/how this would affect the process. Sometimes this effect also transfers to the vehicle even if not in one during the teleport

Assuming all this can be worked out and no teleports needed, do most sedans work in the mod shop? I know the upside down high tech building on the main drag usually has a Sentinel or similar parked near it. With infinite sprint on foot and bike, the building on the west side of Conference Center often times has Majestics, Tahomas and/or Admirals, a short drive due North to the mod shop is doable.

One more thing though to ask of you Phoenix - I have often noticed if you attempt to get the proofed bike that as long as you have full health and Smoke does not, if you get the destroy all vehicles code too late, CJ is on the bike as well but does not die. Here's my question/thought process: Is the only cutscene that you can end the mission during the Packer coming down the flood control? What would happen if you modded the wheels, changed the colors and blew up all vehicles during the cutscene at the beginning of the chase?  I realize on a PS2/PS3 this would be too much to digest unless you had a programmable controller or was very good at it! Has anyone tried the health cheat during the initial getting on the bike cutscene? That way in case the blowing up the bike while CJ is on it doesn't kill him.

UltimaRisingPhoenix
  • UltimaRisingPhoenix

Player Hater Really?

• Members
  • Malaysia

Posted 15 July 2014 - 10:32 AM

Great story, Phoenix.

I could try to use the same techniques but here's the problems I would need to work through;

1) is not purchasing a tire style and firing the gun while being chased the same button? Often times I have noticed that firing a gun while being driven by others does NOT work with the LMB but does work with L CTRL.

2) If I use SACC to teleport CJ, the side effect is he's invincible afterwards. Not sure if/how this would affect the process. Sometimes this effect also transfers to the vehicle even if not in one during the teleport

Assuming all this can be worked out and no teleports needed, do most sedans work in the mod shop? I know the upside down high tech building on the main drag usually has a Sentinel or similar parked near it. With infinite sprint on foot and bike, the building on the west side of Conference Center often times has Majestics, Tahomas and/or Admirals, a short drive due North to the mod shop is doable.

One more thing though to ask of you Phoenix - I have often noticed if you attempt to get the proofed bike that as long as you have full health and Smoke does not, if you get the destroy all vehicles code too late, CJ is on the bike as well but does not die. Here's my question/thought process: Is the only cutscene that you can end the mission during the Packer coming down the flood control? What would happen if you modded the wheels, changed the colors and blew up all vehicles during the cutscene at the beginning of the chase?  I realize on a PS2/PS3 this would be too much to digest unless you had a programmable controller or was very good at it! Has anyone tried the health cheat during the initial getting on the bike cutscene? That way in case the blowing up the bike while CJ is on it doesn't kill him.

Well as of right now, everytime trying to buy the 'colors' during the beginning of the chase, CJ will die and I'm not sure why (even though it is a cutscene). 

Not really sure about your other questions/thought.

MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 15 July 2014 - 10:56 AM

CJ also gets wasted during the cutscene in Beatdown on B-Dup if you try and steal the AP Infernus (PS2 Only) and if you don't accelerate properly or reverse, car gets deleted and CJ wasted 100% of the time...

UltimaRisingPhoenix
  • UltimaRisingPhoenix

Player Hater Really?

• Members
  • Malaysia

Posted 15 July 2014 - 01:06 PM

CJ also gets wasted during the cutscene in Beatdown on B-Dup if you try and steal the AP Infernus (PS2 Only) and if you don't accelerate properly or reverse, car gets deleted and CJ wasted 100% of the time...

I think same goes for the mission 'High Stakes, Low-Rider' where when you enter the AP lowriders (which are still unobtainable) and destroy your own lowrider... mission failed and the AP Lowriders gets deleted (ALWAYS) and CJ died...

MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 15 July 2014 - 03:22 PM Edited by Militia, 15 July 2014 - 03:22 PM.

Yeah, I wonder why these things happen.  I am so happy I got that AP Infernus, though.  I thought I would have to use the PC Method of flipping the AP Infernus...So hard, never worked for me, not even close.  Easiest method is driving it FORWARD into the Glen Park Pond.  Got it second try with this method.

UltimaRisingPhoenix
  • UltimaRisingPhoenix

Player Hater Really?

• Members
  • Malaysia

Posted 15 July 2014 - 03:45 PM

Yeah, I wonder why these things happen.  I am so happy I got that AP Infernus, though.  I thought I would have to use the PC Method of flipping the AP Infernus...So hard, never worked for me, not even close.  Easiest method is driving it FORWARD into the Glen Park Pond.  Got it second try with this method.

hahaha, I remember that the AP Infernus was the only special vehicle I got in the PS2 version XD

Because it was the fastest car in the game but not only that but AP :)

But then I was interested in getting the special vehicles in the missions :D

But now.... Stuck with the Impossible LSPD Car :(

MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 15 July 2014 - 03:49 PM

You still didn't obtain that DP/FP/EP/MP Police Car yet?  Did you literally try it like 500 times?  On the PS2 it seems to just not work.  I mean look at Youtube, not one single PS2 user obtained that, it's always a PC user.  The main people showing the vehicle quests on Youtube are all playing SA on PC.

I don't think it's the end of the world if you had to skip one or two vehicles here and there.  At the end of the day, one proof vehicle isn't much different than the next, etc.

I have 23 in total, and the main go-to proof vehicles are the AP/EC Maverick, AP Infernus, and AP/EC Vortex.

__mako
  • __mako

Proofed vehicles + Territory glitches

• Members
  • Slovakia

Posted 15 July 2014 - 08:36 PM

I guess i'm a bit late, anyway, amazing discovery, only thing i'd change is BF-400 being proofed, any1 has any idea why are proofings removed? could they be somehow kept? i didnt watch the video yet so i'm not sure how it works

MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 15 July 2014 - 08:58 PM

Oh?  Is THIS the mission with the DP/FP/EP BF-400 that requires cheat codes to get?  I know there is a proofed BF-400, but I never payed attention due to it requiring the use of cheat codes, which I don't do.

__mako
  • __mako

Proofed vehicles + Territory glitches

• Members
  • Slovakia

Posted 15 July 2014 - 09:06 PM

Yeah Just business BF-400 should be proofed, it's strange, i hope people who understand mission scripts or something can enlighten us. Anyone who obtained the bike so far, have you tested the bike for proofings? maybe it is there.

DarrinPA
  • DarrinPA

Orange Grove Member

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 July 2014 - 10:01 PM

Ha ha, Phoenix you ice cold, baby! [/Big Smoke] I can confirm that this works on the Xbox original for both color and mutant wheels. Great find!

UltimaRisingPhoenix
  • UltimaRisingPhoenix

Player Hater Really?

• Members
  • Malaysia

Posted 16 July 2014 - 03:32 AM

Yeah Just business BF-400 should be proofed, it's strange, i hope people who understand mission scripts or something can enlighten us. Anyone who obtained the bike so far, have you tested the bike for proofings? maybe it is there.

I'm guessing it's because it wasn't 'DESTROYED' in the mission and was always in good condition...

Well here's my theory:

Well when you see the 'how to obtain BP/EP/FP BF-400 with CHEATS'...

You will see that the person used the 'Blow up all cars' cheat showing that before CJ gets on the bike, Big Smoke died and also the BF-400 was also destroyed meaning that the proofings are still there unlike my trick which doesn't make the BF-400 destroyed...

I hope you can understand that :)

Ha ha, Phoenix you ice cold, baby! [/Big Smoke] I can confirm that this works on the Xbox original for both color and mutant wheels. Great find!

Hahaha, Thanks Darrin :) hope you will enjoy the mutant BF-400 ;)

DarrinPA
  • DarrinPA

Orange Grove Member

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 July 2014 - 06:40 PM

I forgot to mention that this may be easier on the original Xbox version because a car loads up on the parking garage where the Russian are shooting at you. This allows you to get to the Transfender much quicker.

It doesn't always load so I have done it the bicycle way but the odds of making it to the car mod shop are much better using the available near-by vehicle.

UltimaRisingPhoenix
  • UltimaRisingPhoenix

Player Hater Really?

• Members
  • Malaysia

Posted 17 July 2014 - 09:57 PM

I forgot to mention that this may be easier on the original Xbox version because a car loads up on the parking garage where the Russian are shooting at you. This allows you to get to the Transfender much quicker.

It doesn't always load so I have done it the bicycle way but the odds of making it to the car mod shop are much better using the available near-by vehicle.

I'm guessing same for the PS2 version near where the Russians are shooting (the car park) and the PC has less vehicles location...

SkyEye MCCIX
  • SkyEye MCCIX

Aviator, GTA Fan

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 August 2014 - 09:07 AM Edited by SkyEye, 26 August 2014 - 09:10 AM.

Here's what I'm asking: when I change my bike wheels, why do the handlebars disappear, and switch with more wheels?
And, instead of TransFender, what if I took a lowrider to Loco Lo Co? Would it save my paint job onto the BF400? Can someone please try that?
P.S, I was forced to spawn a car, because I could not find one. I spawned a Romero, which, has two colors. What would happen if I were to add a Two-Tone color?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users