Being run over repeatedly... cool V's not cool

54 replies to this topic
rudeuk2
  • rudeuk2

Square Civilian

• Awaiting Authorisation
  • None

Posted 03 July 2014 - 12:34 PM

Why has this mass craze returned? Is it due to the cost of ammo or lack of skills? Whatever the reason, it is a bit of a problem and super annoying when all you can do is sit there and watch your character flop about uncontrollably on the screen at the mercy of some menace in a vehicle. If they get it right they can even park on you until you die.

Don't get me wrong, this situation happens at most when a respawn occurs, usually the shotgun removes any other attempt.

The problem I have is the time it takes to regain control of the character, it seems that it takes a shorter time to recover from a high speed impact than a slow knock over. I would prefer to be killed instantly and not to have this bendy character show.

OR...

Am I just under the wrong impression and it is actually a really cool way to kill people?

I haven't noticed the one on one deathmatch option come up after being run over, does that happen? If not, wouldn't it be great to get the little squeaker out of the protection of their glitched in car and eating lead. Although chances are they'd not accept it. 

So R*, reduce the wobbly time to allow a weapon to be selected. It needs to be tightened up. (you're not reading this R* are you?)

Your wealth of knowledge for the English language, expertise in other peoples mental capacity and of course that of the game are welcomed to follow...

• Panzer likes this

ashbashbluesfan
  • ashbashbluesfan

Professional Griefer

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 July 2014 - 01:18 PM

I enjoy doing it to idiots in passive mode, if you don't want to fight you should be in invite only.

JoeBoneless
  • JoeBoneless

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 03 July 2014 - 01:27 PM

I love using my car as a weapon! I don't do it a ton but its a satisfying kill
  • Kelly007456 likes this

SMFtwstdHICK
  • SMFtwstdHICK

Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 July 2014 - 01:28 PM

I was having fun with this last night. LOL. Not on purpose. they were just standing in the road.. I was hitting police. my #1 main target, but, sometimes players get in the way.. Go big or go home. LOL.. 

And, hell yah, if some jackass is in passive mode.. The Bullseye is huge on them. 

Jehannum
  • Jehannum

High in the sky

• Members
  • England

Posted 03 July 2014 - 02:09 PM

I enjoy doing it to idiots in passive mode, if you don't want to fight you should be in invite only.

I enjoy avoiding and evading the idiots who try to do it to me when I'm in passive mode.

• LahTigre and BigStu4q like this

1DrfL
  • 1DrfL

Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 July 2014 - 02:12 PM

The only annoying thing is the money drain from RPGing their chrome Zentorno 9 times per session. 

ashbashbluesfan
  • ashbashbluesfan

Professional Griefer

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 July 2014 - 02:51 PM

I enjoy avoiding and evading the idiots who try to do it to me when I'm in passive mode.

Until the firetruck arrives..

• SMFtwstdHICK and kilopm like this

henryborked
  • henryborked

Homie

• Members

Posted 03 July 2014 - 02:56 PM

So you're one of those eh. Yeah.
  • NikkoCharger and KingRyujin-- like this

JoeBoneless
  • JoeBoneless

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 03 July 2014 - 03:56 PM

Passive mode pansies running around, climbing on ledges

Call 911 and get the firetruck!

Tank turret also knocks them off of the ledges

Monster truck don't even care about the ledges

KILL ALL PASSIVES
  • ashbashbluesfan and SMFtwstdHICK like this

EW200
  • EW200

Peon

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 July 2014 - 04:07 PM

I love the hit and run aspect and I will always swerve towards players on foot if I think I can get them.

I have an Entity that I roll in especially for this...I even painted it red so the blood won't show.

Yeah the devil ride lol.

SMFtwstdHICK
  • SMFtwstdHICK

Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 July 2014 - 04:09 PM

The Blood looks pretty kickass on my chromed Entity as well heheheh.

rudeuk2
  • rudeuk2

Square Civilian

• Awaiting Authorisation
  • None

Posted 03 July 2014 - 04:27 PM

Drop the passives out, some of us need to take a dump now and then...

JoeBoneless
  • JoeBoneless

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 03 July 2014 - 04:34 PM

People in passive mode are a waste of space that someone who wants to play could be using.

SMFtwstdHICK
  • SMFtwstdHICK

Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 July 2014 - 04:52 PM Edited by SMFtwstdHICK, 03 July 2014 - 04:53 PM.

Drop the passives out, some of us need to take a dump now and then...

They have apts and garages for that.

But, for that reason, well, I guess I can see it. I hate  the morons that hit passive right when their tank or jet is gone.

Orr.. the idiots that follow me around in passive, jerkin and doing all that sh*t. Then, only to come out of passive and try to kill me. It's pathetic..

Rwande
  • Rwande

psychopath

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 July 2014 - 05:05 PM

unquestionably the most annoying thing if someone is trolling you buy driving into you slowly each time you try and get up. character animation is dumb and limited as f*ck.

LahTigre
  • LahTigre

Miss Demeanor

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 July 2014 - 05:09 PM Edited by LahTigre, 03 July 2014 - 05:12 PM.

Oh sure, you lunatics should be allowed to spawn kill me because i go passive since I do not want to log out just to go the bathroom or check the baby. That's real cute of you multiplayer alpha male wannabes.
  • Gauntlet Hair, Pegassi Autobot, NikkoCharger and 5 others like this

JoeBoneless
  • JoeBoneless

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 03 July 2014 - 05:19 PM

Babies? Bathrooms? All I hear is waaaaa! Waaaaaa!

Passive mode is a joke.

Jehannum
  • Jehannum

High in the sky

• Members
  • England

Posted 03 July 2014 - 09:04 PM

Oh no, I have lots of places for that. I welcome those c*nts. And next they try helicopters ...

DJ_DC99
  • DJ_DC99

Local Troll

• BUSTED!
  • Portugal

Posted 04 July 2014 - 12:02 AM

Passive mode is a joke.

You're a joke.
  • NikkoCharger and Wombater_18 like this

Contrasting
  • Contrasting

Merryweather IMF

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 04 July 2014 - 06:39 AM

Everyone here is a joke

oleg_aka_djmeg
  • oleg_aka_djmeg

Congratulations! You're Vinewood's biggest star!

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 04 July 2014 - 07:04 AM

that moment when i jump out of their way 0.000000000001s before they hit me.

Pegassi Autobot
  • Pegassi Autobot

Handsome Daredevil Zol

• Members
  • Egypt

Posted 04 July 2014 - 07:07 AM

i enjoy luring idiotic freeroam PvPers to my tank spawn. if you want to fight you should be in deathmatch.

• TheGoodSgtScooter likes this

RajunKjun
  • RajunKjun

Southwest Louisiana

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 July 2014 - 07:12 AM

Anyone that says running over a player didn't bring a smile to their face or has never done it is a god damn liar. My favorite way is at full throttle catching them completely off guard and their body is catapulted a block down the street. I don't usually reverse to finish them off. Sometimes though.

LoonySpangles
  • LoonySpangles

Psychosomatic Sociopath

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 July 2014 - 07:39 AM

Incoming vehicle smacks you, but, directly after you should be able to ROLL on the ground while down. Controlling the direction and distance of the roll would certainly increase a fair chance of escaping.

Utterly ridiculous you have to wait for your character to painfully stand up, then freeze for a second BEFORE you are in control again.

When knocked down I do NOT want to stand up like a frail weak old person ready to be smacked down again and then do some strange animation that prevents any chance of escaping.

"rudeuk2" has a totally valid point and R* should address this.

Further to that, I want the choice of whether to STAND, CROUCH or PRONE anywhere within reason and practicality! 

Not the automatic hide behind an object or wall function, with my head TOTALLY sticking out like a sore thumb.

Wombater_18
  • Wombater_18

The Wombatopug!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 July 2014 - 07:51 AM

Passive mode is a joke.

You're a joke.

rudeuk2
  • rudeuk2

Square Civilian

• Awaiting Authorisation
  • None

Posted 04 July 2014 - 08:24 AM Edited by rudeuk2, 04 July 2014 - 08:24 AM.

The problem is not with passives, it's in general as 2 or so posts point out, the animation is junk. There are many reasons why people have to use passive, I was being attacked by 3 small cats yesterday whilst playing, my leg is in ruins. Hitting people for a cheap kill whilst flying down the road is a must, why stand in a war zone and expect otherwise, although I feel a little bit dirty though afterwards.

LoonySpangles
  • LoonySpangles

Psychosomatic Sociopath

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 July 2014 - 09:19 AM Edited by LoonySpangles, 04 July 2014 - 09:19 AM.

The problem is not with passives, it's in general as 2 or so posts point out, the animation is junk. There are many reasons why people have to use passive, I was being attacked by 3 small cats yesterday whilst playing, my leg is in ruins. Hitting people for a cheap kill whilst flying down the road is a must, why stand in a war zone and expect otherwise, although I feel a little bit dirty though afterwards.

Use urine on the small cats for instant results. That way you can still play GTA and reduce the trauma on your body from attacking cats.

• rudeuk2 likes this

rudeuk2
  • rudeuk2

Square Civilian

• Awaiting Authorisation
  • None

Posted 04 July 2014 - 09:28 AM

Use urine on the small cats for instant results. That way you can still play GTA and reduce the trauma on your body from attacking cats.

I just cant justify doing that in my beautiful home...

oleg_aka_djmeg
  • oleg_aka_djmeg

Congratulations! You're Vinewood's biggest star!

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 04 July 2014 - 10:47 AM

ban LoonySpangles for using comic sans asap.

TurkeyShenanigans
  • TurkeyShenanigans

Filip454's Sig Doe

• Members
  • Uzbekistan

Posted 04 July 2014 - 11:20 AM

People in passive mode are a waste of space that someone who wants to play could be using.

Well, maybe we don't want to get run over or die by some douche in a chrome adder, or a guy using a fire truck or an over powered tank. We DO want to have fun and not die every 2 seconds.

• Katterly and Panzer like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users