» «
Photo

[ IV|WIP ] Throwing Knives

8 replies to this topic
InfamousSabre
  • InfamousSabre

Harpocrates

• Members

Posted 03 July 2014 - 06:59 AM Edited by InfamousSabre, 15 August 2014 - 10:11 AM.

Thought it was about time we had proper throwing Knives in GTA IV.

This is Fred. Pincushion Fred. Fred will do anything in the name of Science (or GTA mods).
HkSiRKh.png

Features:
-Use any knife as a throwing knife
-Uses native throwing mechanics, so it should fit in with your usual play habits
-Knives are lodged in their victim appropriately

Usage:
-Equip a knife, hold aim, press the Action key (Default 'E') to switch between melee-mode and throwing-mode.
-Type "tk_debug" in the console to enable/disable debug mode.

Debug Mode:
-Pressing the '2' key (above 'W' key) will give you a fresh knife.
-In debug mode, the script will attempt to keep your victims from dying. If they are low on health, they may still die from the knife.

v1.2 Download

• hardsty1e, Silent, Toğrul and 6 others like this

darthvader20011
  • darthvader20011

GTA 3D Mod Ped Creator

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 03 July 2014 - 07:28 AM

awesome

theNGclan
  • theNGclan

ey b0ss, cen u gibe me de peprment pls?

• Members
  • GoSquared

Posted 03 July 2014 - 10:00 AM

Absolutely wonderful!

Ricebox
  • Ricebox

Mommy

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 July 2014 - 11:21 AM

Cool! Reminds me of Condemned how you can take guns and switch them to melee. Except like the other way around and sh*t.

InfamousSabre
  • InfamousSabre

Harpocrates

• Members

Posted 10 July 2014 - 04:59 AM Edited by InfamousSabre, 15 July 2014 - 03:26 PM.

Been working this week, but still managed to find time to make a little progress. Honestly the only thing taking so long is getting attachment positions just right.

Good news is: Knives don't only stick in the joint anymore.

Neither Bad nor Good news is: Its still not perfect.

Uploaded a Beta that you guys can try out.

-Equip a knife, hold aim, then tap action (E key, by default) to switch to throwing mode. Then just throw it like you would any other object.
-Letting go of aim before throwing the knife will let you use it as a melee weapon again.

-Pressing '2' (the one above the 'W' key) will give you a new knife, since there isn't a way to get your stuck knives back yet.

-Knives that landed in the street can be picked up with the action key just like any other object

Known issues:

-Action key can end up triggering other game scripts, like hailing a cab or giving a bum money.

-You will not be able to throw the knife if the player was in a fighting stance when you changed to throwing mode. Exit throwing mode and let the fighting stance anim finish, or cancel it out somehow.

-Knife doesn't affect peds that are in most on-ground poses. (goes right though them as if they weren't there)

-Other small things. It's a beta.

Please let me know of any issues or odd happenings.
Actually. Please leave feedback even if you find no issues. I like good feedback too :p

InfamousSabre
  • InfamousSabre

Harpocrates

• Members

Posted 23 July 2014 - 04:14 AM Edited by InfamousSabre, 15 August 2014 - 09:32 AM.

An old test video:

This guy here seemed to have some trouble fighting back after a few well-placed knives in his arm.

Placement is a lot better now. Almost perfect even. Just a few bugs to work out.

(I removed the other vid from YouTube, so I had to replace the vid in this post with something)

• Silent likes this

ric4rd094
  • ric4rd094

Remember who you are... :)

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 23 July 2014 - 08:17 AM

This is looking good man! Another small mod, but funny and interesting to gameplay addiction :)

InfamousSabre
  • InfamousSabre

Harpocrates

• Members

Posted 30 July 2014 - 03:18 AM

Thanks :) Just ironing out a couple bugs, then ready for a real release.
  • ric4rd094 likes this

InfamousSabre
  • InfamousSabre

Harpocrates

• Members

Posted 15 August 2014 - 03:55 AM Edited by InfamousSabre, 21 August 2014 - 03:10 AM.

Worked out those bugs and released on 4-Mods!
Link in the original post.

Updated an hour ago to fix some issues with the game's taxi script and add a settings file. I know how you guys like settings files :p

Annnnd updated again to fix issues with the subway tunnels and cars.

In case anyone hasn't connected the dots yet; Yes, I will be making a Bow & Arrow script in the near future. This script has pretty much laid the foundation for it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users