Quantcast

» «
Photo

Why Spend $60 on The NG/PC GTA5 for Slightly Better Quality?

105 replies to this topic
nkjellman
  • nkjellman

OG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 July 2014 - 08:05 AM Edited by nkjellman, 05 July 2014 - 08:07 AM.

This was the version of the game I was waiting for. I only bought the Xbox 360 version because I had friends that had it, and it would drive me crazy not having the game. I wanted it as soon as possible so I preordered it. Those 9 months of silence on the NG/PC version would be painful, and they were painful enough (though I was happy to have the game and they weren't as painful as waiting for the LG version). 

Here is my list of reasons to buy the next gen/PC version.

-Massively improved graphics making the game much more immersive. In a game like this, that is key. I will appreciate the next gen/PC versions graphics much more after I have been playing the 360 version. I can definitely see that it was improved. This is the vision of the game that Rockstar had. Also by looking at the train track part of the trailer, it looked like there were height maps applied to the rock texture, which means that little tiny pebbles will act like their 3D when you move the camera around. Much more immersive and definitely a huge improvement over last gen.

-More animals. This may also mean more peds as well.

-Modding (PC). This is a huge one. You can turn the game into anything!!!! I see lots of modding potential on this game.

-Video Editor and possibly play your own tracks (PC).

-Possible cockpit camera.

-Possibly a larger player capacity in GTA Online.

-Enhanced controller features (PS4 and possibly PC too with a little modding).

-Possible exclusive content.

-Rockstar claimed that they designed GTA O to be able to add as much as they want, like Liberty City. I don't see that happening on last gen.

-Remote play on PS Vita. Play the game on the go! (PS4)

-Possible significant discount to upgrade from PS3/Xbox 360 version to the PS4/Xbox One version. Gamestop may do trade ins for last gen copies as well.

• Zito likes this

Invader_swift
  • Invader_swift

BLACK LIVES MATTER

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 July 2014 - 09:26 AM

3 words. GTA IV driving

terrible driving, tried it again on PS3 and the cars feel like they slipping everywhere, made driving a hassle not fun
Opinion tho
  • Zito likes this

CarlitoDorito
  • CarlitoDorito

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 July 2014 - 10:31 AM

You don't have to buy it again...

TheMcSame
  • TheMcSame

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 July 2014 - 12:26 PM

Well, my reasons for getting both the NG and PC version.

Reason for getting both:

If GTA O turns into a massive hack clusterf*ck on PC I have something to fall back on that wont. Not to mention my friends are getting it for NG as well so I can play it with them as well.

- I won't have to turn the sun (Xbox 360) on every time I want to play GTA so I wont boil to death in the night trying to sleep.

- Higher FPS or a stable FPS

- Less problems caused by the hardware (less texture pop ins, hopefully faster loading times, ect...)

- Hopefully more life like stuff in both GTA V and GTA O (more animals/ animals in GTA O, more peds, more traffic, DLC cars driving around, bigger vehicles driving around in set areas (Dump driving round near the quarry, trains that pull into the quarry) and obviously the added benefit of better graphics.

- Mods on PC

- Hopefully a 1st person cockpit view. It's a long shot but the possibility is always there, even if it isn't, that's what mods are for. :)

- Larger player capacity. Some say the current is enough but to me it kinda suffers the same problem as RDR, a large map with few players. While most people are in the city it still feels like a ghost town to me.

- Hopefully more variation with NPCs. E.G. Partially/fully modded cars with certain NPCs such as a 18-24 year old driving a Futo with body kit upgrade. Just more NPC models in general.

- Turning steering wheel! I'm not serious about this one but it would be a good thing to see.

- More content can be added in the long run or even better content. For all we know the current DLCs have been poor because they are working on some decent NG/PC DLC.

- There will be more support for it from R*.

I think that's about it.

• Mechanic X likes this

Mechanic X
  • Mechanic X

Omnipotent

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 05 July 2014 - 12:44 PM

The updates and DLCs will keep coming for the X360/PS3 since it's the one wich has way more players BUT the next gen version will for sure have exclusive vehicles on it's release that may come or not to current consoles.

exclusive vehicles is that confirmed? what if its just the same cars boats and planes just better looking lol

Brooo, there's new animals, new models of peds, of course they will take the development of the next gen to add more vehicles, weapons, clothes, etc, those vehicles will come to the actual version of the game or maybe not, but i'm sure they will keep those small DLCs bringing new vehicles to every platform the game is available on but there will be exclusives to next gen.

Where are you receiving all of this information from? Sounds.. interesting.

• Zito likes this

Irrational
  • Irrational

Federação das Américas

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 05 July 2014 - 01:44 PM

I'm gonna buy it for the first time, so what's the problem?

EaglesFan1825
  • EaglesFan1825

Rat

• Members

Posted 05 July 2014 - 01:51 PM

I don't see why people complain so much about the game. It's not bad...

Racecarlock
  • Racecarlock

The floor here will kill you, try to avoid it.

• Members

Posted 05 July 2014 - 01:51 PM

Unless you're a PC player and planning to mod in the avengers and spongebob and Abraham Lincoln riding a pterodactyl, there apparently isn't much reason to get the next gen version beyond "OMGZ GRAPHICS".

On the other hand, I might like the higher quality. So whatever.

Twilight Sky
  • Twilight Sky

Driftin' at the apex, sliding into 1rst.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 July 2014 - 02:45 PM

It isn't about slightly better quality.

AhmadJ
  • AhmadJ

Prankster

• Members
  • Malaysia

Posted 05 July 2014 - 02:56 PM

BECAUSE I CAN

• TheMcSame likes this

evd
  • evd

Born in coffin.

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 July 2014 - 03:15 PM

It isn't about slightly better quality.

Its so funny and irritating aswell how people cant understand this. In 90% they're those kind of people who didnt believe that it will be on pc "because rockstar didnt annauced that just after the realese".

Zito
  • Zito

RBLiberty

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 July 2014 - 09:08 PM

maybe this is how gta5 will look like in nextgen 

Ben73
  • Ben73

Homie

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 05 July 2014 - 09:11 PM

Depends how different it is. If it's just better graphics I won't get it. But if it has a few extra features I'll consider it. Especially if the online mode is going to be better than current one.

Twilight Sky
  • Twilight Sky

Driftin' at the apex, sliding into 1rst.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 July 2014 - 09:17 PM

The best part about that vid is the music.

• Miauuu5_7 likes this

Zito
  • Zito

RBLiberty

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 July 2014 - 09:22 PM

The only reason why i'm buying it for next gen is because I just want to see how much of an improvement was made since the PS3 / Xbox 360 version. The next gen version of the game looks much more better graphically and seems like more exclusive content will be in the game. Who knows maybe all the cut content will be in the game ? 

i hope so hopefully san fierro or los ventures comes back now something like that would prob get 99% of the ppl to get the next gen game 

• THE GHETTO JEZUS likes this

evd
  • evd

Born in coffin.

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 July 2014 - 09:47 PM

they will come back, but not soon. Aswell as Liberty, Vice and Carcer City and the whole new North Yankton. Keep in mind that creating map is the most time consuming aspect of development. Probably whole Rockstar Games will be working on this ONE HUGE project.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users