Quantcast

» «
Photo

Why Spend $60 on The NG/PC GTA5 for Slightly Better Quality?

105 replies to this topic
Zito
  • Zito

RBLiberty

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 July 2014 - 05:33 AM

this is bullshxt i guess we own an unflished product. i mean even if we can transfer our current progress to the new version, is getting a new system and buying this game worth it? will this release of the "complete" version of gta5 for xbox or ps4 or pc effect future additional updates or content for xbox360 and ps3 players? if your thinking of trade-in or sell you xbox360 game to get the new version better do it now since the game is out for $50 i seen in someplace there going on sale for $30 in stores. R* is fxxxin up all these delays and money cuts.. fxxx it we should protest to R* lol 

http://www.theepocht...s-slowing-down/

• Luddite, fac316 and matajuegos01 like this

L0SS4NT0SK1LL3RV
  • L0SS4NT0SK1LL3RV

"You know what T? I'm getting too old for this non sens

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 03 July 2014 - 05:42 AM

The updates and DLCs will keep coming for the X360/PS3 since it's the one wich has way more players BUT the next gen version will for sure have exclusive vehicles on it's release that may come or not to current consoles.

• InTheShadowsSince04 likes this

Ruscris2
  • Ruscris2

Snow Storm

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 03 July 2014 - 05:55 AM Edited by Ruscris2, 03 July 2014 - 05:55 AM.

To be honest, i think some of the "exclusive" features PS4,X1,PC will have will get on PS3 and X360 in an update, but at a later time. Graphical improvements won't be added for obvious reasons, but i can see the new wildlife being added.

Zito
  • Zito

RBLiberty

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 July 2014 - 06:01 AM

The updates and DLCs will keep coming for the X360/PS3 since it's the one wich has way more players BUT the next gen version will for sure have exclusive vehicles on it's release that may come or not to current consoles.

exclusive vehicles is that confirmed? what if its just the same cars boats and planes just better looking lol

L0SS4NT0SK1LL3RV
  • L0SS4NT0SK1LL3RV

"You know what T? I'm getting too old for this non sens

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 03 July 2014 - 06:17 AM

exclusive vehicles is that confirmed? what if its just the same cars boats and planes just better looking lol

Brooo, there's new animals, new models of peds, of course they will take the development of the next gen to add more vehicles, weapons, clothes, etc, those vehicles will come to the actual version of the game or maybe not, but i'm sure they will keep those small DLCs bringing new vehicles to every platform the game is available on but there will be exclusives to next gen.

• lol232 likes this

Osho
  • Osho

The Jackal

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 July 2014 - 06:27 AM

Its how you look at it.

In all, the fact you can play the "unfinished" version than nothing, seems reasonable solution for the wait of the real version, the brand new, feature loaded game to come.
  • ViceCityStalker likes this

BrettTheRenegade
  • BrettTheRenegade

Gangsta Hoodrat

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 03 July 2014 - 06:48 AM

Do you want a GTA game or not?

Play it or go do something else. Quit the complaining..

• GourangaMaster, adictoGTA, stjimmy3 and 2 others like this

InTheShadowsSince04
  • InTheShadowsSince04

Mark Chump

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 July 2014 - 06:54 AM

this is bullshxt i guess we own an unflished product. i mean even if we can transfer our current progress to the new version, is getting a new system and buying this game worth it? will this release of the "complete" version of gta5 for xbox or ps4 or pc effect future additional updates or content for xbox360 and ps3 players? if your thinking of trade-in or sell you xbox360 game to get the new version better do it now since the game is out for $50 i seen in someplace there going on sale for $30 in stores. R* is fxxxin up all these delays and money cuts.. fxxx it we should protest to R* lol 

Did the people who bought Tomb Raider or The Last Of US feel they got an unfinished game??  The hell is wrong with you little brats on this forum?..they gave us the BEST GAME POSSIBLE for Last gen consoles.  We are literally getting the same game jus enhanced and remastered.  If you dont have the money for current gen console or feel the "principle" is more important, then just  dont be quiet.

this sounds like a personal problem...smh

MODs do better PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lelouch vi Britannia
  • Lelouch vi Britannia

Zero

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 July 2014 - 06:54 AM Edited by TensaZangetsu, 03 July 2014 - 06:56 AM.

IMO instead of them calling the last versions of the game "Grand Theft Auto V" it should be called "Grand Theft Auto V BETA" because that's technically what we already have, sucks for those who can't upgrade, because they have an unfinished game, i bought it and I realize I could have waited but I chose not to because I didn't know this would happen, thought the game would come to PC only, didn't expect PS4 and XBONE versions. Maybe they'll give the new wildlife to us in a DLC but seeing as people say that they weren't added in the original because of console limitations, i'm not sure at this point.

• Zito, Luddite, fac316 and 2 others like this

Blackous666
  • Blackous666

CoD HATER

• Members

Posted 03 July 2014 - 07:12 AM

I just bought new PS4 .. cant wait for GTA V on it :)

• ViceCityStalker likes this

The7thOne
  • The7thOne

Help, I'm steppin' into the Twilight Zone!

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 03 July 2014 - 07:15 AM

If Rockstar did make this a graphical enhancement only upgrade, it would feel like a waste.

The future map additions thread sums it up. We can pretty much expect North SA and North Yankton either in a DLC, or standalone exclusive for current gen.

• Zito and ViceCityStalker like this

deadly-deed
  • deadly-deed

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 July 2014 - 07:38 AM Edited by deadly-deed, 03 July 2014 - 07:38 AM.

Oh I'm mad about GTA V coming on better systems. We were beta testing them.

Honestly were you guys bored idiots? The fact when GTA V released and a few mouths after that they didn't release their info about their next game like they always do proves to you they were going to make GTA V on Next Gen/PC. Instead of crying about it go to gamestop and sell you copy of GTA V and get $20-30 back for it. Now you only have to pay $35-45 to get a much better GTA experience.
  • Zito and InTheShadowsSince04 like this

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 03 July 2014 - 07:41 AM

And around 400 for the console to play it on.

• visionist, latigreblue, Luddite and 4 others like this

SimsDaniel916
  • SimsDaniel916

Future LE Officer

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 03 July 2014 - 08:48 AM Edited by SimsDaniel916, 03 July 2014 - 09:16 AM.

I have GTA V Collectors Edition on Xbox 360 and I will be buying it again on both PS4 and Xbone. I don't see any problem with buying it again, it's not like we're being forced to. 

I will admit that buying an entire new $400-$500 Current Generation system JUST for GTA V is a bit over the top but I purchased my PS4 and Xbone on the first day they came out so that issue is irrelevant for me.

• yakprince, Zito, theNGclan and 3 others like this

deadly-deed
  • deadly-deed

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 July 2014 - 08:53 AM

And around 400 for the console to play it on.

Buying a next gen console for one game is idiotic at best. If you have no interest in next gen then wait it out until there are "SOME" games that interest you.
  • Zito, Luddite and fac316 like this

ILS_Supernova
  • ILS_Supernova

All! Of! You! Are! Going! To! Die!

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 July 2014 - 10:11 AM

Simply answer to this is dont buy it. However u look at it, there are games from ps3/360 that are being made for PS4 / XB1, last of us wasnt unfinished, tomb raider wasnt unfinished. You dont have to buy it!

Sentrion
  • Sentrion

Midnight Wanderer

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 July 2014 - 12:14 PM

Well, it's just how you see it. If you ask me, the game's not really unfinished, rather the updates keep making it better. Also, the reason they're enhancing it on next gen consoles is because the platform offers the ability to. I don't think they'll stop releasing updates for the current platforms as well.
  • Zito likes this

archiebunker
  • archiebunker

Working Class Hero

• Members

Posted 03 July 2014 - 01:05 PM

So if Rockstar decided to release visually upgraded versions of GTA III, VC, SA and IV/TLAD/TBOGT on the new consoles, would you consider the previous versions "unfinished/betas"? Take me down this terrible logic rabbit hole.

• PreciousWall, Stinky12, theNGclan and 5 others like this

fac316
  • fac316

Playa

• Members

Posted 03 July 2014 - 01:26 PM

Its Bullspit but we'll all be there money in hand for it lol. Every facet of what used to be cool is doing this look @ how b!tch the nfl is now. Its just a sign of the times that businesses now cater more to children + females moreso then adult men (GTA V is easily the most childish gta)

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 03 July 2014 - 01:29 PM

So if Rockstar decided to release visually upgraded versions of GTA III, VC, SA and IV/TLAD/TBOGT on the new consoles, would you consider the previous versions "unfinished/betas"? Take me down this terrible logic rabbit hole.

And would people expect a discount on these new versions on new platforms?

• fac316 and SCOOBASTEEB like this

SCOOBASTEEB
  • SCOOBASTEEB

Feed The Machine

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 July 2014 - 01:54 PM

Yes, because as of now the possibilities are as high as the sky. I'm not expecting anything more, but paying £45-£55 for it on next gen is just something not bothered about doing. I'll be buying FIFA too, which is arguably more repetitive than Call of Duty. There's no difference apart from there WILL be much more added content in the future.

Osho
  • Osho

The Jackal

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 July 2014 - 01:57 PM

what?
hold on.. If we consider the "time gap" between the current game and the immediate release within a year or by the end of it, you should see the big difference, mainly from the price point of view.
Secondly, switching between PS2 games to PS3 upgrade version would be easy for anybody to justify the price more than a PS2/PS3 to NG Upgrade.
I mean, honestly you could add GTA V in the list and claim the difference ONLY after a reasonable and long gap in time of current released game.
I agree, what appears unfinished now would be updated over time, but only time could tell the probabity of STILL getting major differences between LG & NG versions.
For now, its definitely incomplete without the updates.
  • Official General likes this

tymaster50
  • tymaster50

blank

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 July 2014 - 02:01 PM

How much do you think the ps3 and 360 can do? Even now there are still pop ins, unrendered textures, lag, and many more graphical glitches and console lock ups. Get oveer it and yourself. 

Startug
  • Startug

No Custom Title Here...

• Members

Posted 03 July 2014 - 02:28 PM

oh boy, another thread that has been done to death already. Give it a rest, whiner. 

• fac316 likes this

RominOctane
  • RominOctane

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 03 July 2014 - 03:36 PM

You people need to stop complaining and just not buy the game if it's that hard for you. Other people buying it will not affect you in any way. keep your stupid logic and "dignity" to yourselves while we enjoy a beautiful peace of art.

bfett21
  • bfett21

The scourge of Carpathia

• Members

Posted 03 July 2014 - 03:59 PM

Im getting it for PS4 so I can have more years of GTA Online... My PS3 is on its last legs, (you should hear the fans going during GTAV, its a first gen PS3). I justify it as its going to give me 3+ years of fun.

• InTheShadowsSince04 likes this

Spaghetti Cat
  • Spaghetti Cat

I Love Pony Farming

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 03 July 2014 - 04:13 PM

IF YOU DON"T WANT TO BUY IT AGAIN THEN DON"T FFS!

I planed on upgrading to a PS4 anyways, and seeing how this was a next-gen game anyways, I'll finally get to enjoy V in it's full glory.  Our online characters are getting transferred, and as a added bonus I know the game pretty good from playing it for the past year.  Oh and better graphics, draw distance, frame-rate, new animals/NPC's, and other unknown goodies.  

Yeah that totally sux  :sarcasm:

• bfett21, ViceCityStalker and A.O.D.88 like this

AlmightySo
  • AlmightySo

Professional Hustler

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 03 July 2014 - 09:06 PM

Why didnt you choose a different title if yours didnt fit? Im buying it because its going to be 10x better, they showed us graphics related stuff, thats about all, we dont even know whats going to be new, you never know, R* might come thru and surprise us all.

InTheShadowsSince04
  • InTheShadowsSince04

Mark Chump

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 July 2014 - 10:33 PM

I have GTA V Collectors Edition on Xbox 360 and I will be buying it again on both PS4 and Xbone. I don't see any problem with buying it again, it's not like we're being forced to. 

I will admit that buying an entire new $400-$500 Current Generation system JUST for GTA V is a bit over the top but I purchased my PS4 and Xbone on the first day they came out so that issue is irrelevant for me.

its not over the top...i thought we were gonna get the gme by december, which is why i ordered my ps4 in November...didnt buy a game for the ps4 til May which was MLB the Show and Nba2K14...i got tired of having a new console for 5 months just to watch Netflix and hulu and ign.

kj2022
  • kj2022

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 03 July 2014 - 10:53 PM

I'm buying it for better visuals, and the ability to play with my friends who switched to next gen while still being able to play with those who haven't switched yet. The talking about added land and stuff is bullsh*t to me, or are we still waiting for the Liberty City DLC that adds locations talked about in IV? All I'm expecting is better visuals, and a couple of exclusive features, whatever they may be.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users