• SoftTouch

Lone Wolf

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 02 July 2014 - 06:50 PM

will it happen ?

Dyom 123
  • Dyom 123

I appreciate your input. But, please, f*ck off!

• Members
  • Tunisia

Posted 02 July 2014 - 07:03 PM

Currently, there is no proof or clue that indicates that someone is working on CLEO5. But it can be, why not?

ProDX34
  • ProDX34

DYOM Race Designer

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 02 July 2014 - 08:52 PM

Maybe and perhaps DYOM also needed to update to V10 to able to play with Cleo 5. 

Martin_GDF
  • Martin_GDF

Schizophrenic Bastard

• Members

Posted 03 July 2014 - 01:07 AM

Maybe and perhaps DYOM also needed to update to V10 to able to play with Cleo 5

I don't think so. But they'll have to adapt all the lines written in SCM Scripting to CLEO 5 compatibility.

It may have some improvements and it would be better, but I don't think our .exe will work xD

I remember that CLEO 4 hardly worked on some San Andreas games.

Deji
  • Deji

Coding like a Rockstar!

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 03 July 2014 - 10:27 AM Edited by Deji, 03 July 2014 - 10:28 AM.

At most I can say CLEO is being worked on, though it's being worked on indirectly at its current stage. No plans can be confirmed, but we certainly have a lot of ideas. CLEO has been through some rough stages, and it's high time to start solving ongoing issues.

I reckon you're not going to get exactly what you expect, but that's just my opinion :p

Boris The Vodka
  • Boris The Vodka

[Y]es

• The Yardies
  • Russia

Posted 03 July 2014 - 11:03 AM

In other words - if there will be any news, it will most likely be posted here. Stop creating threads like this.

DragonWarrior (DnW)
  • DragonWarrior (DnW)

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night"-DnW

• Members
  • Sri-Lanka

Posted 03 July 2014 - 02:24 PM

Well, I got permission from Seeman to start work on CLEO v5. I'll update you guys when I start progressing on it.

Yeah you can laugh!

Dyom 123
  • Dyom 123

I appreciate your input. But, please, f*ck off!

• Members
  • Tunisia

Posted 03 July 2014 - 02:37 PM

Well, I got permission from Seeman to start work on CLEO v5. I'll update you guys when I start progressing on it.

Yeah you can laugh!

Are you really a professional coder? I mean, can you really update cleo? I think that that's too hard for you. Anyaway, good luck with this :colgate:

LINK/2012
  • LINK/2012

LIVIN' IN CODE

• Feroci Racing
  • Brazil

Posted 03 July 2014 - 02:55 PM

Yeah you can laugh!

Are you really a professional coder? I mean, can you really update cleo? I think that that's too hard for you. Anyaway, good luck with this :colgate:

He's clearly kidding... The one responsible for working on CLEO atm is Deji.

• Martin_GDF likes this

Prince Gumball
  • Prince Gumball

It's not like anyone cares anyway

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 03 July 2014 - 04:20 PM

Oh, Imagine DYOM with CLEO 5, less limits, more possibilities.

Deji
  • Deji

Coding like a Rockstar!

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 03 July 2014 - 06:57 PM

I'm laughing so hard :p

• Silent likes this

nandack
  • nandack

When you are in The Dark, you can see The Light.

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 22 July 2014 - 09:56 AM

I'm not sure that DYOM can still updated after v.8.1, it's look like old-fans are gone, only a few still active. But I will wait until the next glory day of DYOM.

xMatix
  • xMatix

The Rolling Joint

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 22 July 2014 - 08:45 PM Edited by xMatix, 22 July 2014 - 08:48 PM.

Yeah you can laugh!

you-went-full-retard-never-go-full-retar

• Varro Sasuke and Juice the Joos like this

StrafeBolt
  • StrafeBolt

Old School

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 23 July 2014 - 02:07 PM

I think those limits are actually from the game itself not DYOM, i could be wrong though.

Deji
  • Deji

Coding like a Rockstar!

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 23 July 2014 - 03:36 PM

I think those limits are actually from the game itself not DYOM, i could be wrong though.

No, even with stock SCM, real missions have way less limits and way more possibilities than DYOM. If you need a tool to create mission scripts, that's the biggest limiter there is!

nandack
  • nandack

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 24 July 2014 - 01:07 AM

No, even with stock SCM, real missions have way less limits and way more possibilities than DYOM. If you need a tool to create mission scripts, that's the biggest limiter there is!

maybe that because the limiter is the engine of the mission (DYOM) so the system think that DYOM is like a mission inside of mission.
Although only 100 limit, it has a lot of helps especially for those who don't know scm scripting (because the opcodes is not easy to maintenance and to debug when the errors come)

Deji
  • Deji

Coding like a Rockstar!

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 24 July 2014 - 12:29 PM Edited by Deji, 24 July 2014 - 01:00 PM.

maybe that because the limiter is the engine of the mission (DYOM) so the system think that DYOM is like a mission inside of mission.
Although only 100 limit, it has a lot of helps especially for those who don't know scm scripting (because the opcodes is not easy to maintenance and to debug when the errors come)

True, but note that "SCM" isn't a good language at all, and is a misrepresentation of a source language from the binary output it created. The actual language, SCR, is much more fluid and easier to use, but unfortunately there isn't much solid documentation or tutorials about it - I'm trying to change that. Even SCM tutorials almost definitely always teach bad methods or misuse things which coders will then go on to misuse, resulting in those hard-to-track bugs, where code you think is fine is actually very wrong.

nandack
  • nandack

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 24 July 2014 - 03:41 PM

True, but note that "SCM" isn't a good language at all, and is a misrepresentation of a source language from the binary output it created. The actual language, SCR, is much more fluid and easier to use, but unfortunately there isn't much solid documentation or tutorials about it - I'm trying to change that. Even SCM tutorials almost definitely always teach bad methods or misuse things which coders will then go on to misuse, resulting in those hard-to-track bugs, where code you think is fine is actually very wrong.

Yeah, really hard to catch but when you make one, you can think like a different programmers does. Although learning vb.net or c++ is more well-formated like good implementation of classes and yeah, debugging. So you are the guy that develope cleo5 right? Do you work with sanny builder too? If so then I just want to ask about how to make readonly scm? Like DYOM that has main.scm can not be loaded in sanny. Or are there any technique for it?

Deji
  • Deji

Coding like a Rockstar!

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 24 July 2014 - 04:27 PM

So you are the guy that develope cleo5 right? Do you work with sanny builder too?

CLEO 5? CLEO 6? Perhaps a future version will be called CLEOmega! As I've already said, the most I can say, is that CLEO is being worked on. But no, I don't work on SB, that's still 100% Seemann.

If so then I just want to ask about how to make readonly scm? Like DYOM that has main.scm can not be loaded in sanny. Or are there any technique for it?

There's no such thing as a "readonly" SCM. DYOM can't be decompiled by SB simply because it has invalid data for a SCM file, which is used for cheap tricks and complete abuse of the SCM format. The only reason the game doesn't crash, is because the code causes the scripting engine to skip that invalid data, thus meaning only SB gets confused. It's still bad form to create a file whose format isn't actually valid, though. However, SB could theoretically be updated, within reason, to not be confused by such tricks - though the more complicated the trick, the more impossible it may be to actually perfectly disassemble the file, or perhaps even another decompiler could be created which allows a lot more customisation in decompiling to handle it, or better detects which code would actually be run by the game and only attempts to decompile said code. So no, there's no specific technique, but that doesn't mean it's impossible to open it. Thus, there's no such thing as a "locked" SCM/CLEO file.

nandack
  • nandack

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 25 July 2014 - 04:22 AM

So you are the guy that develope cleo5 right? Do you work with sanny builder too?

CLEO 5? CLEO 6? Perhaps a future version will be called CLEOmega! As I've already said, the most I can say, is that CLEO is being worked on. But no, I don't work on SB, that's still 100% Seemann.

If so then I just want to ask about how to make readonly scm? Like DYOM that has main.scm can not be loaded in sanny. Or are there any technique for it?

There's no such thing as a "readonly" SCM. DYOM can't be decompiled by SB simply because it has invalid data for a SCM file, which is used for cheap tricks and complete abuse of the SCM format. The only reason the game doesn't crash, is because the code causes the scripting engine to skip that invalid data, thus meaning only SB gets confused. It's still bad form to create a file whose format isn't actually valid, though. However, SB could theoretically be updated, within reason, to not be confused by such tricks - though the more complicated the trick, the more impossible it may be to actually perfectly disassemble the file, or perhaps even another decompiler could be created which allows a lot more customisation in decompiling to handle it, or better detects which code would actually be run by the game and only attempts to decompile said code. So no, there's no specific technique, but that doesn't mean it's impossible to open it. Thus, there's no such thing as a "locked" SCM/CLEO file.

So SB is checking each lines with validation, but it is strange to make an editor can not see partly-invalid code because at least SB can show it and marks where the invalid lines are. But not easy to make something like that because SCM using opcodes with so many built in parameters for each opcode and different coder made different codes unless they are twins from before born. For that CLEO is only you or there are some others, Daji? And what language do you use for it, scr, scm or it is kind of scm librarx only?

Deji
  • Deji

Coding like a Rockstar!

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 25 July 2014 - 11:25 AM

So SB is checking each lines with validation, but it is strange to make an editor can not see partly-invalid code because at least SB can show it and marks where the invalid lines are.

???

But not easy to make something like that because SCM using opcodes with so many built in parameters for each opcode and different coder made different codes unless they are twins from before born.

???

For that CLEO is only you or there are some others, Daji? And what language do you use for it, scr, scm or it is kind of scm librarx only?

Seemann is still active in its future direction, but for the time being I'm preparing for further CLEO development. And what language do I use for what? For developing CLEO, or developing CLEO scripts? For CLEO, it has been developed in C++ since CLEO 4 and was written in Delphi for CLEO 3. For the scripts, I've lately stuck to using SCRambl as I prefer to write in SCR. I've already released a public BETA of SCRambl (see sig), though it's currently being reworked and that version, "Project SCRambl", is now mostly a proof of concept and the new version is already looking much more powerful, and flexible, so once finished it will be my primary tool for writing CLEO scripts.

nandack
  • nandack

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 25 July 2014 - 11:38 AM

For that CLEO is only you or there are some others, Daji? And what language do you use for it, scr, scm or it is kind of scm librarx only?

Seemann is still active in its future direction, but for the time being I'm preparing for further CLEO development. And what language do I use for what? For developing CLEO, or developing CLEO scripts? For CLEO, it has been developed in C++ since CLEO 4 and was written in Delphi for CLEO 3. For the scripts, I've lately stuck to using SCRambl as I prefer to write in SCR. I've already released a public BETA of SCRambl (see sig), though it's currently being reworked and that version, "Project SCRambl", is now mostly a proof of concept and the new version is already looking much more powerful, and flexible, so once finished it will be my primary tool for writing CLEO scripts.
is that SCRambl a programming language or your own project like programming engine? How does it is look like? Is that the same with SCM opcodes or C-like? I just not clear how a Borland Delphi became C++ app. Maybe they use dlls. But CLEO is only for gta right? How if next generation of gta are not using SCM anymore?

Deji
  • Deji

Coding like a Rockstar!

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 25 July 2014 - 11:58 AM

is that SCRambl a programming language or your own project like programming engine?

SCRambl is a compiler/assembler for the SCR language, which is a language based on extension of the original GTA3script language used to write scripts for the 3D-era GTA's.

How does it is look like?

It's a compiler, not an IDE (whereas Sanny is both, plus a decompiler), so it is either invisible or looks like a command prompt window. You can't write code "in" SCRambl, but SCRambl can compile SCR code into a wide range of compiled script formats, such as SCM or indeed CLEO (which is merely the 'external' script format).

You can use any code/text editor as an IDE, but I'm currently unable to make an official IDE for it. However, I've provided support for using Notepad++ which looks like this:
zkep.png
Or a more complex example...

Is that the same with SCM opcodes or C-like?

Don't know what you mean, but I think I may have already answered it.

I just not clear how a Borland Delphi became C++ app. Maybe they use dlls.

Both languages can compile to similar things, so it's not so hard to imagine the source language changing. However, it DID cause problems, such as, due to a risky trick used by Ryosuke, the Missile Mod crashing when a file handle was passed to a game function.

But CLEO is only for gta right? How if next generation of gta are not using SCM anymore?

CLEO is merely a hackish extension of SCM, but it could easily be more. The new GTA's use an updated, much more advanced scripting engine, so it'd be very hard and almost a waste of effort to create a similar mod for them - but I have other things in mind for the new GTA's :)

@QaiserH@
  • @QaiserH@

GTA SAN ANDREAS MOVIE CREATOR

• Members
  • Pakistan

Posted 28 July 2014 - 03:23 PM

It Can be Be Happened Because Cleo Verisons Are Upgrading And Version 5 It Will Be Soon Added At Point Of My Self 

Maaz 45
  • Maaz 45

Don't dare to touch me!

• BUSTED!
  • Pakistan

Posted 09 August 2014 - 02:12 PM

When new version will released we will get the news so stop creating unnecessary topics!

My opinion is most new versions are coming there are many bugs also so better is let's make work with old versions and edit them with some new features.

Target13
  • Target13

Member of the Row

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 09 August 2014 - 06:31 PM

When new version will released we will get the news so stop creating unnecessary topics!

Oh the irony!

OT: Its actually good to hear that Deji is active and that Cleo is being worked on.

• xMatix, Revolver1 and Juice the Joos like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users