Is my IV disk screwed up?

8 replies to this topic
Sting4S
  • Sting4S

I have no patience for you V section lurkers

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 July 2014 - 03:24 PM

So I finally decided to start another playthrough of IV today, like I do every summer, but after I got the game started and left to do something else, things started to go wrong. I watch IV load up again and the music in the loading screen stopped playing when the picture of the hooker kneeling over into someone's car came up. Then the leading screens became and endless cycle so I waited until it loaded up completely.

So it did but Roman's apartment interior wasn't loaded at all. It was just a blue hell. What is going on?

Yesterday I loaded up IV and a section of Alderney was missing! This has been going on for a few months now. I cleaned my disk as much as I could and the console isn't messed up because it plays every other game fine. Is my disk just getting too old or something?

ric4rd094
  • ric4rd094

Remember who you are... :)

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 01 July 2014 - 04:05 PM

You could try clearing a cache.

Maybe the disk with GTA IV is the problem unfortunately.

Long exposing to light or just getting older made it unplayeble.

Hmm maybe your laser is just used, I don't know - there are many possibilities :D

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I have moved to a new account.

• BUSTED!
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 01 July 2014 - 04:46 PM

IV is dirt cheap these days. You could get the complete edition along with EFLC for 20 bucks.

android
  • android

Moth is Invalid

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Italy
  • Best Mobile OS

Posted 01 July 2014 - 06:21 PM

IV is dirt cheap these days. You could get the complete edition along with EFLC for 20 bucks.

Maybe even cheaper. 

Yeah, sounds like there's something definitely wrong with the disc, sorry to say. Can you see any scratches on it?

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

I have no patience for you V section lurkers

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 July 2014 - 12:30 AM

Maybe even cheaper. 

Yeah, sounds like there's something definitely wrong with the disc, sorry to say. Can you see any scratches on it?

Yeah, there are quite a few scratches on it. I guess it is getting old. I got it a few days after IV launched in April 2008 and there have been only a few months were I didn't play this game at all haha.

Complete edition sounds nice, although I already have EFLC on Xbox.

• android likes this

BOSS 302
  • BOSS 302

gnad1992

• Wanted
  • None

Posted 02 July 2014 - 12:50 AM

That means you should go back to GTAV

android
  • android

Moth is Invalid

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Italy
  • Best Mobile OS

Posted 02 July 2014 - 02:02 AM

That means you should go back to GTAV

This is totally irrelevant. Instead of posting useless comments, maybe you should just not post at all.

@Sting - you could also try some type of solvent to reduce scratches, to see if that will work. (such as GameStop's Disk Skip Fixer, which worked for me)

• Sting4S and BOSS 302 like this

kipakolonyasi
  • kipakolonyasi

Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 July 2014 - 07:53 PM

hahaha same thing happened to me as well with my PS3 copy some time ago. first it was missing audio. theme music was missing in the opening cutscene, engine sounds and door-opening-and-closing sounds were missing on cars, stuff like that. then this checkpoint-like stuff that you have to touch/run into in order to trigger stuff, that hangs in the air points downwards, THAT was missing and i couldn't end missions. for example in order to end a LJ mission you have to drop LJ on the side of the road, by running into that thing and it triggers a cutscene right? but that thing isn't showing up for me... :lol: i fixed it by cleaning my disk with a glass cleaning cloth and running this thing on my PS3 couple of times:

7bKLTXj.jpg

but it might be the game data on your console's HDD in your case because you said you cleaned your disk and other games run fine on your console. i would try reinstalling my game.

Urmom243
  • Urmom243

Intellectual Savior of the Unwashed Masses

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 July 2014 - 05:10 AM

My disc was messed up. Luckily PSN had a flash sale. I picked up digital copies of GTAIV, RDR, and L.A. Noire for 5 bucks each.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users