Sugar Free Nos
  • Sugar Free Nos

I'm new to PC gaming pls be gentle

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States
  • Best Scrub 2014

Posted 02 July 2014 - 12:49 AM

The Technique:
How to bypass the Musket's reload time by a large margin.

First, have the Musket out, and have a target. (Obviously)

Then, fire the weapon. Whether you go for a headshot or not is up to you, just try your best to hit your attacker. (also obvious) 

Here's where the technique I've developed comes into play:
 1. After firing the weapon, your character will begin to lower the gun in order to reload. Immediately after firing you will need to bring up the weapon wheel, use your analog stick to select a different weapon, then initiate a combat roll.
 2. If you did this correctly, which you should have no problem doing, you will exit the roll with the weapon you selected in hand. You may now bring the weapon wheel up once again and select the Musket. During the roll your enemy will not be able to auto-lock you, which will also give you an advantage.

A quick switch or 2 presses of LB to go unarmed and back to armed should work for any weapon.  Also, combat roll is pretty pointless in free-aim.

I was surprised at how good this gun was!  Thought it was going to be terrible.

I know for a fact that if you only switch weapons you will continue the animation, but I'm not sure about double-tapping LB to go unarmed.
  • tismo74 likes this

frankenstein107
  • frankenstein107

Does this look like the face of mercy?

• Members
  • Egypt

Posted 02 July 2014 - 12:50 AM

Nice.
Just wondering, is the Musket an OHK regardless of where you hit? Or is it an OHK in certain areas of the body?

Kt47982xX
  • Kt47982xX

Square Civilian

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 02 July 2014 - 12:50 AM

1 aim
2 shoot

Sugar Free Nos
  • Sugar Free Nos

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States
  • Best Scrub 2014

Posted 02 July 2014 - 12:52 AM

Annnd we've been moved to guides and strategies to die a lonely death. RIP my method.

Thanks to the tattle-tale who just couldn't let a decent post slide.

Oh well.
  • who-dat and 8up local like this

ChrilLe
  • ChrilLe

( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

• Members
  • Denmark

Posted 02 July 2014 - 12:55 AM

What a lovely product you have made their Nos.

You clearly know about them old school guns.

giphy.gif

No matter how many times I see your Shaq avy, I can't help but smile like an idiot at it.

You make me blush.

gif_1404262470_gif_gifsicle_30_gif_430x2

• Darth_Zannah likes this

FilthyEsquire
  • FilthyEsquire

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 July 2014 - 12:57 AM

I am a fan of this gun, and am glad soo many people are enjoying it too. I PRAY it doesn't get nerfed. It's almost a noob gun in auto aim, because the HIGH damage, and range. It's trumping the mini gun in my opinion. I put the platinum tint on the musket. I love it.

JaegerV2
  • JaegerV2

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 July 2014 - 02:16 PM Edited by JaegerV2, 02 July 2014 - 02:25 PM.

All of this is pretty useless if I'm honest, I too am a fan of the musket but let's be honest..

It doesn't matter if you've got reflexes of a cat and nimble fingers able to pull of a quick button combination in order to get a slight advantage.

Why? Because the musket is slow, however you look at it, you miss with that first shot and begin rolling around like a nutcase hoping the "technique" works in time..

Otherwise McFistyBumcrust has just pulled out a combat MG and unloaded at your head before you've even entered the weapon wheel.. OR McFisty just throws a sticky bomb in your general direction and you're toasted.

In this day of age, people aren't patient enough to stand around in a firefight, they aren't going to wait for you, rolling around firing 1 shot each time just isn't a viable idea lol

However, I will say if you get the timing down and the situation suits you more then I think you'd stand a reasonable chance.. I loved RDR, the Bolt Action / Buffalo Rifle were my go to weapons and it was an instant no brainer decision to buy the Musket even though it's out classed by every weapon in speed alone lol

Arya35
  • Arya35

Homie

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 July 2014 - 04:34 PM

You can just switch to a melee weapon (not fists), or a throwable object, like grenades, and immediately switch back without needing to roll, and you would have skipped the reload animation.

Waltermelon
  • Waltermelon

La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 July 2014 - 01:44 AM

Is the Musket being taken from us with the fireworks launcher? 

Sugar Free Nos
  • Sugar Free Nos

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States
  • Best Scrub 2014

Posted 03 July 2014 - 05:28 AM

Updated the OP with a newer, better, faster, stronger method brought to my attention by Arya35. Thanks a lot. it works great!

Is the Musket being taken from us with the fireworks launcher? 

No, only the launcher and fireworks will be removed. 

stonedpimpso
  • stonedpimpso

He's coming for you...

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 03 July 2014 - 03:16 PM Edited by stonedpimpso, 03 July 2014 - 03:17 PM.

A quick switch or 2 presses of LB to go unarmed and back to armed should work for any weapon.  Also, combat roll is pretty pointless in free-aim.

2 presses of LB 

^ this

this weapon is probably a beast in assisted aim lobbies. Kinda hard to use in free aim. Makes missions a f*cking riot though. Slow and steady.

who-dat
  • who-dat

FREE-AIM Olympic Gold Medalist '82

• Members
  • Olympics

Posted 03 July 2014 - 07:25 PM

The Technique:
How to bypass the Musket's reload time by a large margin.

First, have the Musket out, and have a target. (Obviously)

Then, fire the weapon. Whether you go for a headshot or not is up to you, just try your best to hit your attacker. (also obvious) 

Here's where the technique I've developed comes into play:
 1. After firing the weapon, your character will begin to lower the gun in order to reload. Immediately after firing you will need to bring up the weapon wheel, use your analog stick to select a different weapon, then initiate a combat roll.
 2. If you did this correctly, which you should have no problem doing, you will exit the roll with the weapon you selected in hand. You may now bring the weapon wheel up once again and select the Musket. During the roll your enemy will not be able to auto-lock you, which will also give you an advantage.

Combat roll in FA comes in handy.....I hear it's pretty OP in AutoAim though....

bearer22
  • bearer22

Half fast player

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 July 2014 - 09:32 PM

Thanks for the tip, I really like this weapon...I hope I'm wrong, but I'd be willing to bet my paycheck that this gun gets nerfed in a future update, it's pretty much OP, basically a heavy sniper with lock on.

pokemon4ever
  • pokemon4ever

Bustre

• Members
  • Bhutan

Posted 04 July 2014 - 01:28 AM

reminds me of the quickswap exploit from sa-mp, basically the same thing

Inbred Walrus
  • Inbred Walrus

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 July 2014 - 08:36 PM Edited by Inbred Walrus, 04 July 2014 - 08:39 PM.

Lol, this works like a charm. I freaked a few people out doing this and it even helped me in the Musket-only TDM in the Independence Day playlist. Thanks, man!

Oh, by the way, what skin do you use on your Musket?

• Sugar Free Nos likes this

Reemer
  • Reemer

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 04 July 2014 - 11:24 PM

When I did the glitch, it seemed to make the gun weaker. A normal police officer took 2 shots, and I was about a cars length away from him.

TheGoodSgtScooter
  • TheGoodSgtScooter

Vote freedom, vote Scooter. Current mayor of Paleto Bay.

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 11 August 2014 - 03:58 AM

I resurrect this thread with the blood if Odin!

To contribute, the musket cannot be blind fired from cover, but is the best shotgun class weapon.

• Jolly Swagman likes this

Jolly Swagman
  • Jolly Swagman

Has a jumbuck in his tucker bag

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 12 August 2014 - 11:47 AM

Annnd we've been moved to guides and strategies to die a lonely death. RIP my method.

Thanks to the tattle-tale who just couldn't let a decent post slide.

Oh well.

It didn't come here to die, it came here to become immortal. This section is the only reason my how to win guide lives on, if it wasn't moved here that sh*t would have died within a day or two.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users