Detective Phelps
  • Detective Phelps

If it's hostile, you kill it.

• Members
  • United-States
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA V section - Reporting]

Posted 17 July 2014 - 12:37 PM

Franklin's a brilliant character people 

The guy who does nothing but ironing clothes and eating crisps all day? Yep, he's a brilliant brilliant brilliant character!

• theNGclan, nobum62 and Misunderstood like this

Zanje
  • Zanje

Stand up guy

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 July 2014 - 01:30 PM Edited by Zanje, 17 July 2014 - 01:31 PM.

I dont mind Franklin at all and kind of like him, but like Official General said they never really did anything of merit with him so he just seems tacked on after thought. His entire character development seems to be he REALLY wants his ex back and he has an idiotic and unappreciative best friend (i liked Lamar as much as the next guy but that scene at the end of "Lamar down" really pissed me off. His buddy just risked his own ass and saved his life then he has the nerve to ask him for money, then BITCHES it wasnt enough. That made me hate him a bit)

They really should just set up maybe a Prequel that leads into the scene where Franklin and Lamar ask Michael where that house is, just to give him some more backstory and so we can kinda see how he got to where he was at the start and hopefully get to see more about how he became the person he is (also makes sence seeing as if the rumored North Yankton Prequel with Michael, Trevor, and Brad wouldnt have Franklin in it that he should get his own most likely with Lamar and someone else)

ShadyNexus
  • ShadyNexus

The Blade of the Void

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 July 2014 - 01:43 PM

I want to make him better by making him own all of the los santos customs when he buys the one on the desert ._.

On a srs note, What that guy said posts before. Except the Michael/Trevor and Lamar/Devin. That's just a messed up ending, Man.

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Get Love Fisted

• Australia
  • Best Member In An Official Group 2012

Posted 17 July 2014 - 02:11 PM

It's a shame Franklin's character is undeveloped because I think he had so much potential to be quite interesting. As soon as he moves up into the Vinewood Hills it's like whoever was writing forgot he was apart of the story and he serves nothing more than a stand in for the rest of it.

In saying that I don't think he's a terrible character at all. Just doesn't have much depth. At least he doesn't make me want to gouge out my eyes with a rusty fork like Trevor does.

I could tolerate an entire game with just Franklin to be honest.
  • Official General, kingcs, Zanje and 3 others like this

matajuegos01
  • matajuegos01

Stalker

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 July 2014 - 03:15 PM

They could've added a bit more of backstory to him, I really thought either he or T were going to be undercover cops, so dissappointed that it wasn't the case.

thafablifee46
  • thafablifee46

Snitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 July 2014 - 09:44 PM

Make Chop a functional mount. 

Wait,wut.

Midwestchopper5
  • Midwestchopper5

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 July 2014 - 10:04 PM

Give him a more of a badass personality. He's just to monotone about everything, I never felt like he had passion in what he was doing, he was just there because rock star put him there. Mabye it just me but his facial movement also seem like just a mouth moving and his eys never showed fear,anger,hate, etc.Witch is surprising for how goo
d the rest facial movement in te game are.

The Gardener
  • The Gardener

jebeno isti

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 July 2014 - 11:03 PM

Make it so his mother wasn't dead, and give Franklin mother issues. 

Give Tonisha (or whatever the f*ck her name was) a more major role in the story. That love story had potential.

Have some c*nt try to f*ck with Chop, but Franklin defends him.........

Del boy
  • Del boy

The Only Fool and Horse of the $treets

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 17 July 2014 - 11:39 PM

It's a shame Franklin's character is undeveloped because I think he had so much potential to be quite interesting. As soon as he moves up into the Vinewood Hills it's like whoever was writing forgot he was apart of the story and he serves nothing more than a stand in for the rest of it.
In saying that I don't think he's a terrible character at all. Just doesn't have much depth. At least he doesn't make me want to gouge out my eyes with a rusty fork like Trevor does.
I could tolerate an entire game with just Franklin to be honest.

I feel the same way, after his leaving the hood arc, he just felt like a side character who was listening to Michael and Trevor

Rockstar Cake
  • Rockstar Cake

Danny Longlegs

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 July 2014 - 12:04 AM

Generally, in my opinion, all the characters in Grand Theft Auto V are far more underdeveloped than in IV. I feel like we should have had much more backstory before the heists began, and more missions after the final heist than just the A, B, C options to wrap up all the loose ends the story leaves. What's Michael's relationship with his family boil down to? His and Trevor's? Franklin's? I don't think too much will change in the story on current gen aside from maybe a few cut side missions, but hopefully Rockstar can use V as an example not to rush the development of the game's plot. 

• Miamivicecity and Del boy like this

Alec Skorpio
  • Alec Skorpio

Bitcher and Moaner

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 July 2014 - 12:15 AM

The Blitz Play would have been a heist that Franklin planned instead of being an FIB heist.

Franklin would have gotten more missions during Michaels exile.  They probably would have involved fallout from Stretch/Ballas and possibly doing a few things to help Michael out with Madrazo or his family.

thafablifee46
  • thafablifee46

Snitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 July 2014 - 06:22 AM

Franks ex girlfriend should have broken up with him during the game and not before the game, Lamar should've died in Lamar down or there should be a mission where chop dies .. something to make him feel some type of emotion and not feel like a robot

WasHanin
  • WasHanin

eating on beef stoo

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 July 2014 - 10:46 PM

Ok cj 2.0 wouldn't be so great actually, but dam.... franklin is supposedly black... which I can't tell because for the most part he acts white.

Racism by r* because they can't make the black guy an actual "black guy".

Give da blak man sum 'spect yo. Tired of him dressing like brady bunch every time I switch.

I swear I'm one switch away from a scene where he is watering his flowers, saying "hello neighbor!" at passer-byes

MagzGTA
  • MagzGTA

The 1975-Tones

• Members

Posted 18 July 2014 - 10:56 PM

He should have had a story to himself for longer...he meets with Michael far too early...everything happens in GTA V so quick that we didn't get any real character development. 

He should have had a flashback mission too...maybe him and Lamar getting in a fight with some Ballas as a teenager and it getting out of hand, could have played homage to the first mission in SA, maybe even fit in an escape through the BMX park on bikes?

• Del boy likes this

archiebunker
  • archiebunker

Working Class Hero

• Members

Posted 19 July 2014 - 12:21 AM

franklin is supposedly black... which I can't tell because for the most part he acts white.

Oh, the irony.

Mr. Tibbs
  • Mr. Tibbs

Liberal Hater

• Members
  • Cayman-Islands

Posted 19 July 2014 - 12:53 AM

Franklin seems tacked on for sure, just so Rockstar could keep up with the "3 playable characters" gimmick. So much potential for him, so much of a disappointment. 

Del boy
  • Del boy

The Only Fool and Horse of the $treets

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 19 July 2014 - 05:16 AM Edited by Del boy, 19 July 2014 - 05:16 AM.

Ok cj 2.0 wouldn't be so great actually, but dam.... franklin is supposedly black... which I can't tell because for the most part he acts white.
Give da blak man sum 'spect yo. Tired of him dressing like brady bunch every time I switch.
I swear I'm one switch away from a scene where he is watering his flowers, saying "hello neighbor!" at passer-byes

Face palm

wendtcod
  • wendtcod

#TeamTrevor

• Members

Posted 19 July 2014 - 01:22 PM

I hate Franklin, I wish it would still be Michael trevor and brad

L0SS4NT0SK1LL3RV
  • L0SS4NT0SK1LL3RV

"You know what T? I'm getting too old for this non sens

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 19 July 2014 - 02:23 PM

Franks ex girlfriend should have broken up with him during the game and not before the game, Lamar should've died in Lamar down or there should be a mission where chop dies .. something to make him feel some type of emotion and not feel like a robot

Yep, dude, just imagine a mission that Franklin meet up with his cousin Travell to get revenge about Lamar's death? That would be f*cking awesome, they can add him as a playable character on singleplayer DLC.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users