108 replies to this topic
Sergiu
  • Sergiu

EQUANOX™

• Zaibatsu
  • European-Union
  • Best WIP Mod 2014 [Grand Theft Auto 3D]

Posted 14 July 2014 - 02:24 PM

Plot-Twist: Franklin and CJ are long lost brothers. They meet each other in the story DLC where Franklin stumbles upon a dimension machine where he can cross universes or dimensions. He goes to the 3D era Los Santos and then there will be the old San Andreas to free roam in, and you have to do missions with CJ. This will be the big story DLC just wait. Michael and Trevor will also be involved where they cross over to where Franklin is and try to hunt him down . Franklin is residing in Grove Street with CJ. Trevor and Michael are all the way in Las Venturas. They are doing missions for people trying to find a way to get to Franklin's location. I think this DLC would be awesome because I'd like to see how things would pan out, and to see the HD version of the 3D Era San Andreas. The DLC could be sold as a whole new game on a disc, thus not requiring the original game to play.

Sounds waaay too Saint's Row.

• fac316 and iam2fresh like this

Arlarse
  • Arlarse

Cultivating Mass

• Members
  • England

Posted 14 July 2014 - 03:15 PM Edited by Arlarse, 14 July 2014 - 11:19 PM.

People have been complaining that frank was boring and lacked initiative, but I challenge everyone as how you would make Franklin less dull.

DLC that does/doesn't have to include CJ. Just beef out his background and have one centred around him post finale. He says he didn't want that life but we also see he's a business man by the end of the story, and sometimes whats best for business may be to get back involved in that life.

That kinda stuff really. Tbh he may have the most shallow of the 3 main stories but he's probably got the greatest room for development down the line.

Edit: On what they could have done originally, there was some serious Barksdale/Stringer kind of angle they could have come up with between Lamar & Franklin. Shame they didn't.

Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, I always carry my heat in these streets

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 July 2014 - 05:03 PM Edited by Official General, 15 July 2014 - 07:05 AM.

Franklin was actually a well-made character as far as his image, expressions, and mannerisms were concerned. He was a very convincing modern-day, LA-style, black gangbanger, that was all good. What messed up his character was Rockstar bizarre and stupid decision to give him mediocre involvement for most of the main story when he was supposed to be one of the protagonists. Also, the fact that Rockstar included very little gang and hood stuff in the game did not help his cause - this effectively meant Franklin could not even have his own significance through his own side story or side missions. He was doomed to fade in the background from the start, and it was such a shame, because he had so much potential to create some really exciting and interesting stuff in the game.

This is what I would do to make him better :

* Include much more detailed gang and hood action in the story that is almost exclusively centered around him. In fact, give him his own story within the main story that focuses on gangs and the hood and is longer in length.

* For him to be heavily involved in drug trade within story, and have many dealings and conflict with Hispanic gangs regarding this. 

* Not wanting to leave the hood so soon to hook up with Michael, Trevor and Lester. 

* Much more and deeper involvement with Simeon Yetarin. Maybe help him fight rival Armenian gangs, and run big luxury car theft rings.

* Show much more interaction and deeper relationships between him and the other characters from his world like Lamar, Stretch, Tanisha and his auntie. Especially Tanisha too, show some more of the history between them, and maybe some kind of a part where he tries to win her back with his high earnings from crime.

* Give him a nice array of infinite, decent side criminal missions and activities that reflect his world. Gang wars, gang recruitment, drug-dealing and selling, organized vehicle theft, gambling, like ghetto dice games, nightclubbing, dancing, gym, hood basketball games, better clothing options like expensive jewelry, better range of haircuts and styles etc.

* Reduce his association with Michael and Trevor, mostly seeing them when they gotta get together to do heists. Space out the heists far enough between each other to achieve this.

* Make it harder for him to earn big money until more toward the end. Before then, he'll be more fired up and hungry to make money from all kinds of crime, not just heists. He will still be heavily involved in gangs, drug-dealing, low-scale robberies like robbing stores to try and make fast money.

* Make him create and shape his own wealth. Buying and customizing his own safehouse properties, not have it being given to him by Lester. Buying businesses more relevant to him and his world, like his own LS Customs-style car garage business, a hip hop club/bar, a music studio, a soul food restaurant, stuff that adds more to his flavor. 

• Eutyphro, shadyslady, fac316 and 5 others like this

Del boy
  • Del boy

The Only Fool and Horse of the $treets

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 14 July 2014 - 05:24 PM

I like the idea of Franklin and Lamar doing a heist and it going horribly wrong. Other than that I think franklin was done well. I think people are just bitching that he's not the stereotypicall CJ gangster. The moment I saw he was the opposite he instantly became my second GTA favorite GTA protag of all time behind Michael. GTA v is just awesome

it's not about him being another cj it's him lacking a personality, motivation other than leaving the "hood", and doing other activities that don't consist of eating chips or ironing clothes.

BisP
  • BisP

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 14 July 2014 - 05:28 PM

I think people should actually listen to franklin outside of the story. If you go on friend activities and make phone calls after missions then you can really get to know him.

• OneManCrimeWave likes this

Del boy
  • Del boy

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 14 July 2014 - 05:30 PM

Keep Simeaon around longer so Franklin can do re-pos as side missions sometimes by himself and sometimes with Lamar.

Keep him in the hood longer and add more conflict between him and Lamar from his plans of eventually moving out, which would  lead to him and Lamar not being on the best of terms until the mission Lamar down.

Maybe at a point in the story Franklin gets tired of empty promises from Michael and decides to do his own heist with him Lamar and some Chamberlain hill gangsters. It goes horribly wrong and he realises for all their faults, Michael and Trevor are good at what they do. He eventually
reunites with them in time for the big one. 
 Towards the end of the story Tanisha's doctor leaves her for similar reasons she left Franklin and she tries crawling back, however he makes a decision for himself that it's probably time to move on. A big part of the reason he wanted to do well was just to impress Tanisha, giving Franklin a real chance of getting her back but not going for it in the end would have shown some growth on his part and I feel would have been a more satisfying end to that plot point.

this /thread
  • fac316 likes this

Misunderstood
  • Misunderstood

Snitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 July 2014 - 07:17 PM

I think it would have been better to have Franklin be in the gang and do petty jobs and crime with the gang along with Simeon's missions. He wouldn't love the gang life but because he needs money, he would have to do these things. And you would see him struggle with wanting to leave it but also knowing that he needs to do it to survive. Maybe after Michael loses him his job with Simeon, a big blow would come to Franklin due to a f*ck up the Families did with the Ballas (and could've been created by Stretch, giving him more development as a villian) and due to this, his house gets destroyed, Lamar gets heavily injured and his Aunt does not wish to speak to him.

At this point, he would run to Michael with his problems and they would complete the heists together with Franklin stating that he is done with the family. Of course, the family won't have that and it'll come back to bit him in the ass later. He soon gets rich enough to buy himself the mansion and starts living the good life with the cash. I think something cool would be for him to acquire a drug addiction or showing that he blows all his money on strippers, whores and stupid things he doesn't need. His friendship with Lamar and other family members starts to dwindle and the relationship between him, Michael and Trevor starts to grow.

Eventually, it comes to the point where Franklin's mansion is attacked by Lamar and the families and Franklin attempts to fend them off but Lamar corners him. Lamar couldn't bring himself to shoot his old homey so he brings F back up to his feet and they fight their way out of the mansion. Now F and L have serious members of the gang coming after them, attempting to end their life and F's problems with the families, the FIB, other gangs and Devin Weston continues to grow and he feels cornered.

He soon realizes he has to side with either Lamar/Devin or Michael/Trevor and here you get to choose who he sides with. Lamar wants to try to even things out with the families and other gangs and wants Devin's men to back them up when they try to. However, Devin won't side with you guys unless you take out Michael or Trevor and once Franklin kills one of them, Devin sends his men as backup to the meeting. Things go sideways and an all out war between the Ballas (possibly the Vagos?), The Families and Franklin/Lamar/Devin's men happens. This will eventually end with the Ballas running away defeated and the Families almost completely destroyed. Lamar would not be happy with this but will state that this is what had to be done as they (The Families) gave them no other choice. 

If you side with Michael/Trevor, you get the sort of deathwish ending where you all attack all the antagonists at once (on a much more epic scale). F would go after stretch (one of the last remaining members of the Families) would is being protected by Ballas. F would go through them all and kill Stretch while Michael and Trevor handle the chinese guy and Steve Haines. Then they would all go after Devin Weston, who is heavily protected and kill him. F,M and T would all be attacked by the Families in an all out showdown and they would all be killed. I'm thinking since Lamar wouldn't be happy that F didn't side with him would attempt to kill him but F would have to kill him and end it here and now. 

So basically, an ending where he sides with Lamar/Devin or an ending where he sides with Michael/Trevor.

FootFetishBoy
  • FootFetishBoy

i Love Chicks Feet like quentin

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 14 July 2014 - 10:25 PM

If Rockstar is a Scottish company, how many black people from Los Angeles do you think work there? I feel as though they've designed every major black character as something they've seen in movies rather than experienced in real life. Franklin and CJ were dull characters, but they really toned down the stereotypes with Frank. Frank comes off as a white guy trapped in a black man's world, which is why he and Michael have such a father-son dynamic. Instead of having a man of color like CJ or Frank, they should have someone like Lance or Vic (who weren't black, but darker and non-stereotyped). Rockstar did such a great job with Italians in GTA 3 without playing too much into stereotypes, so why not give us a more realistic black character as well?

The Script Writers (Dan And Sam Houser) are both English not sure about the other co - Writers  (Micheal unsworth & Rupert Humaphries) do people Really think the Entire  company comes up with the Stories / Characters ?

yopitstank
  • yopitstank

Square Civilian

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 July 2014 - 10:35 PM

I would make him Chinese , a MA expert, and a relevant crew member

WasHanin
  • WasHanin

eating on beef stoo

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 July 2014 - 03:10 AM

1. Give F a house in da hood
2. Have him sell drugs/rob people.
3. Give him some more black friends to hang out with that actually have weapons.

Franklin fixed.
  • Mr_Leone likes this

Eutyphro
  • Eutyphro

that's how I dooz it

• Members
  • Haiti

Posted 15 July 2014 - 03:11 AM

By cj'ing him more cj'ish into a sorta cj kinda cj.

kingcs
  • kingcs

OG Status

• Members

Posted 15 July 2014 - 04:15 AM

You folks always crying about SA fanboys are the worst.

Anyway, I completely agree with General, Gregers, and Beastly.
  • Official General and ten-a-penny like this

Del boy
  • Del boy

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 15 July 2014 - 07:16 AM

3. Give him some more black friends to hang out with that actually have weapons.
Franklin fixed.

that is definitely not what will fix his character
  • ten-a-penny likes this

AzelfandQuilava
  • AzelfandQuilava

Another COD Player...

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 15 July 2014 - 08:47 AM

They really should of moved the first assassination mission (The one he gets the mansion for) near the end of the game, that way he could of interacted with Lamar and his other friends in South LS (especially Stretch, Tanisha and Hao) much more. I really hope that this stuff gets added in DLC or in the next-gen versions.

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

كساااد

• Members
  • Libya

Posted 15 July 2014 - 10:11 AM

Franklin fixed.

that is definitely not what will fix his character

Actually, this is how the SA fanboys want Franklin to be. A reskinned CJ.

And I though BMFM1993 had the worst fanboys ever.....

• Sakurai Aoi and Del boy like this

kingcs
  • kingcs

OG Status

• Members

Posted 15 July 2014 - 07:07 PM

Seriously ten-a-penny, you're worse than the SA Fanboys that you so fondly speak down on.

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

كساااد

• Members
  • Libya

Posted 15 July 2014 - 07:39 PM

I'll tell you why....

1. Because at launch, GTA SA fanboys though that GTAV was gonna be a GTA:SA 2.0, which caused wars in this forum. "waah weres da hood???? waah y we dont hav gang warz???? waaaaaaah!!???/!!1" (We didn't have them in GTA:IV, why you didn't cry then?)
  2. Because they though Franklin was a reskinned CJ. Read above posts.
  3. Because they're the worst fanboys ever. (Again, and I though BMFM1993 which is just a normal cartoons show, had the worst fanboys in history.)
  4. Because they keep crying why we didn't have X from SA.

etc.

Official General
  • Official General

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 July 2014 - 08:24 PM

I'll tell you why....

1. Because at launch, GTA SA fanboys though that GTAV was gonna be a GTA:SA 2.0, which caused wars in this forum. "waah weres da hood???? waah y we dont hav gang warz???? waaaaaaah!!???/!!1" (We didn't have them in GTA:IV, why you didn't cry then?)
  2. Because they though Franklin was a reskinned CJ. Read above posts.
  3. Because they're the worst fanboys ever. (Again, and I though BMFM1993 which is just a normal cartoons show, had the worst fanboys in history.)
  4. Because they keep crying why we didn't have X from SA.

etc.

Don't you think the Franklin comparisons to CJ and all that SA 2.0 talk is so old and boring now ? It's just a straight cop-out argument to give a quick and instant explanation as to why Rockstar disappointed with Franklin's character by blaming the fans. On top of that it's grossly generalizing.

Kill that noise man. 

• kingcs and Del boy like this

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Cheat Activated

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 15 July 2014 - 08:31 PM

If nothing else CJ was all over the place. Franklin is alot more level headed. He reminds me more of Sweet than CJ.
  • PulpFiction, kingcs and EM_JAY_86 like this

AlmightySo
  • AlmightySo

Professional Hustler

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 15 July 2014 - 09:23 PM

I don't remember if I posted on this thread before, but they should have had a longer time in the game where he was involved in the gangster sh*t. Maybe they could make a pre gta v dlc where its franklin months before the time gta is set in when franklin hasn't come to his senses and is still doing the gangster sh*t. I think that would be awesome.
  • Del boy likes this

Del boy
  • Del boy

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 16 July 2014 - 02:14 AM

I don't remember if I posted on this thread before, but they should have had a longer time in the game where he was involved in the gangster sh*t. Maybe they could make a pre gta v dlc where its franklin months before the time gta is set in when franklin hasn't come to his senses and is still doing the gangster sh*t. I think that would be awesome.

that's a pretty good idea it'll give frank some much needed backstory and character development.

burnzy187
  • burnzy187

Trick

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 July 2014 - 02:51 AM

He should of been called TYRONE

cristian23_
  • cristian23_

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 July 2014 - 08:40 AM

Him getting drunker and taking advantage of.
OT: Why so much hate on Franklin? I agree Frank could've stayed longer on Forum Dr but other than that I don't find him really dull.

Del boy
  • Del boy

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 17 July 2014 - 09:08 AM

Him getting drunker and taking advantage of.
OT: Why so much hate on Franklin? I agree Frank could've stayed longer on Forum Dr but other than that I don't find him really dull.

the reason I find him dull is the only motivation he had was to get outta the hood... And that's it he gets a mansion and he's just content not having more motivation.

Official General
  • Official General

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 July 2014 - 10:54 AM

Another way Franklin better could have been to reduce his whining, that guy whined and moaned so much, at some point it really got on my nerves. 

Mr_Leone
  • Mr_Leone

The X

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 17 July 2014 - 11:49 AM

He needs to release a song about stamina, muscle, fat and sex appeal.

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 17 July 2014 - 12:02 PM

Make Chop a functional mount. 

• thafablifee46 likes this

Twilight Sky
  • Twilight Sky

Driftin' at the apex, sliding into 1rst.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 July 2014 - 12:21 PM

By not calling him Frank.

Like its such a task to say Franklin. Its like people just give up when it comes the "lin"...it's just too much work to type

On a serious note though....The f*ck was R* huffing when they made crackheaded choice by giving him 2 last names? 

Franklin Clinton? Then when you say Frank Clinton its just sounds f*cking stupid. I would love to know who's job is it at R*

to name the black protagonist. 

I call him Frank because it sounds more personal. Honestly, it's not that big of deal. Don't go having several cows over it.

kevin de santa
  • kevin de santa

Thug

• BUSTED!
  • Ireland

Posted 17 July 2014 - 12:22 PM

Franklin's a brilliant character people are just mad cause he's not cj

Official General
  • Official General

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 July 2014 - 12:28 PM Edited by Official General, 17 July 2014 - 12:30 PM.

Franklin's a brilliant character people are just mad cause he's not cj

:yawn:

Yawn f*cking yawn.

• Niobium likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users