How would you make frank "better"

108 replies to this topic
Del boy
  • Del boy

The Only Fool and Horse of the $treets

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 01 July 2014 - 08:29 AM

People have been complaining that frank was boring and lacked initiative, but I challenge everyone as how you would make Franklin less dull.

TheOtherRyan
  • TheOtherRyan

The American Dream

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 01 July 2014 - 08:31 AM

By not calling him Frank.
  • Che Guevara_187, Sakurai Aoi, Exocortex and 4 others like this

Del boy
  • Del boy

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 01 July 2014 - 08:33 AM

Low blow
  • TheOtherRyan likes this

Antaxi
  • Antaxi

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 01 July 2014 - 08:33 AM

more gansta look like a dual wielding pistols, chains,doorags,etc  can!

Osho
  • Osho

Old School RPG'er

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 July 2014 - 08:43 AM

As far as gameplay, Frank and chop seems a nice combo for stealth fun by providing him suitable missions to play with chop, for instance, something as close to, or better than burglary quests.
  • Luna Lovegood, ten-a-penny, Pastry and 2 others like this

Del boy
  • Del boy

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 01 July 2014 - 08:45 AM Edited by Del boy, 01 July 2014 - 08:46 AM.

As far as gameplay, Frank and chop seems a nice combo for stealth fun by providing him suitable missions to play with chop, for instance, something as close to, or better than burglary quests.

thats a pretty good suggestion :)

Mr Pickles
  • Mr Pickles

Is Balls Deep Inside Candy Suxxx

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 01 July 2014 - 09:01 AM

People have been complaining that frank was boring and lacked initiative, but I challenge everyone as how you would make Franklin less dull.

Kill him he`d have more character and personality dead.

• Detective Phelps, Pastry, Reconified and 1 other like this

DaCosta
  • DaCosta

G-T-Addict

• Members

Posted 01 July 2014 - 09:19 AM

Give him another layer of secrecy.

It was rumoured before release but Franklin could have been working for (or being made to work for) the FIB.

His approaches to Michael might have been him trying to get in on the inside. Franklin as an FIB agent would certainly give him another dimension (not such of a stereotypical gang member that just wants to get rich.)

• Gen4Yota, ten-a-penny, bish0p2004 and 4 others like this

Dope_0110
  • Dope_0110

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 01 July 2014 - 09:21 AM

''MAKE HIM CEEEE JAAAYYYY''

Strange I only saw one comment like that above.

• CarlitoDorito likes this

Sentrion
  • Sentrion

• BUSTED!
  • European-Union

Posted 01 July 2014 - 09:25 AM

I simply like him the way he is. I hate the fact that people call him Frank.
  • Dope_0110 and Heists like this

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 01 July 2014 - 09:43 AM

Remove Michael and Trevor from GTA V and tell Franklin's REAL story. 

• ten-a-penny and robban like this

kasa
  • kasa

Hustler

• Members

Posted 01 July 2014 - 09:44 AM

he should be ablate to recruit some homeboys and do drive by's

• robban likes this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Traum - Tagtraum - Am Fenster

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 01 July 2014 - 09:52 AM

Replace him with a mullet-wielding Dutch guy named Reis.

Either that or make his story more ghetto gangbanger centric. He can't tell if he wants to "chop" or whatever with his gang or if he wants to go live in that big mansion of his and spend his days ironing shirts with a belly full of potato chips.
  • Mr Pickles likes this

AhmadJ
  • AhmadJ

Prankster

• Members
  • Malaysia

Posted 01 July 2014 - 10:08 AM

by stop hating him screw the haters

Raiden雷電
  • Raiden雷電

I Am Lightning, The Rain Transformed

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 July 2014 - 11:22 AM

Plot-Twist: Franklin and CJ are long lost brothers. They meet each other in the story DLC where Franklin stumbles upon a dimension machine where he can cross universes or dimensions. He goes to the 3D era Los Santos and then there will be the old San Andreas to free roam in, and you have to do missions with CJ. This will be the big story DLC just wait. Michael and Trevor will also be involved where they cross over to where Franklin is and try to hunt him down . Franklin is residing in Grove Street with CJ. Trevor and Michael are all the way in Las Venturas. They are doing missions for people trying to find a way to get to Franklin's location. I think this DLC would be awesome because I'd like to see how things would pan out, and to see the HD version of the 3D Era San Andreas. The DLC could be sold as a whole new game on a disc, thus not requiring the original game to play.

AhmadJ
  • AhmadJ

Prankster

• Members
  • Malaysia

Posted 01 July 2014 - 11:38 AM

Plot-Twist: Franklin and CJ are long lost brothers. They meet each other in the story DLC where Franklin stumbles upon a dimension machine where he can cross universes or dimensions. He goes to the 3D era Los Santos and then there will be the old San Andreas to free roam in, and you have to do missions with CJ. This will be the big story DLC just wait. Michael and Trevor will also be involved where they cross over to where Franklin is and try to hunt him down . Franklin is residing in Grove Street with CJ. Trevor and Michael are all the way in Las Venturas. They are doing missions for people trying to find a way to get to Franklin's location. I think this DLC would be awesome because I'd like to see how things would pan out, and to see the HD version of the 3D Era San Andreas. The DLC could be sold as a whole new game on a disc, thus not requiring the original game to play.

no

• Apex., ten-a-penny, Marty892 and 3 others like this

~Tiger~
  • ~Tiger~

• GTA Series Staff
  • None
  • Best Ledby 2015
    Best Ledby 2014
    Helpfulness Award [GTA V]
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 01 July 2014 - 11:43 AM

no

Please stop spamming AhmadJ or you will be facing another ban.

• ten-a-penny, soudruhger and TheR1mmer like this

TrevorSpeed914
  • TrevorSpeed914

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 July 2014 - 12:37 PM

If Rockstar is a Scottish company, how many black people from Los Angeles do you think work there? I feel as though they've designed every major black character as something they've seen in movies rather than experienced in real life. Franklin and CJ were dull characters, but they really toned down the stereotypes with Frank. Frank comes off as a white guy trapped in a black man's world, which is why he and Michael have such a father-son dynamic. Instead of having a man of color like CJ or Frank, they should have someone like Lance or Vic (who weren't black, but darker and non-stereotyped). Rockstar did such a great job with Italians in GTA 3 without playing too much into stereotypes, so why not give us a more realistic black character as well?

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 01 July 2014 - 12:46 PM

If Rockstar is a Scottish company, how many black people from Los Angeles do you think work there? I feel as though they've designed every major black character as something they've seen in movies rather than experienced in real life. Franklin and CJ were dull characters, but they really toned down the stereotypes with Frank. Frank comes off as a white guy trapped in a black man's world, which is why he and Michael have such a father-son dynamic. Instead of having a man of color like CJ or Frank, they should have someone like Lance or Vic (who weren't black, but darker and non-stereotyped). Rockstar did such a great job with Italians in GTA 3 without playing too much into stereotypes, so why not give us a more realistic black character as well?

Sorry fella, but that's just nonsense. 

If Rockstar is a Scottish company, how many black people from Los Angeles do you think work there?

How many Italian mafioso do you think work there, that allowed them to be so good at Italians for III?

http://en.wikipedia....en_world_design

Working with Shawn Fonteno, Slink Johnson and DJ Pooh... that would probably have given enough authenticity, I feel. Not to mention the numerous non-celebrity 'black people from Los Angeles' that provided the basis and the voices of the pedestrians. 

Maybe, just maybe, he's what they wanted? That might not correlate with what you wanted, but honestly, who cares what some guy on the internet wants?

TrevorSpeed914
  • TrevorSpeed914

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 July 2014 - 02:14 PM

If Rockstar is a Scottish company, how many black people from Los Angeles do you think work there?

How many Italian mafioso do you think work there, that allowed them to be so good at Italians for III?

Working with Shawn Fonteno, Slink Johnson and DJ Pooh... that would probably have given enough authenticity, I feel. Not to mention the numerous non-celebrity 'black people from Los Angeles' that provided the basis and the voices of the pedestrians. 

Maybe, just maybe, he's what they wanted? That might not correlate with what you wanted, but honestly, who cares what some guy on the internet wants?

Really? Your whole argument is "sorry bro, you're just wrong," and then you make the old "who cares what some guy on the internet wants" statement?

What an idiot. Go back to your Barbies.

Varys
  • Varys

It's actually Lord Varys

• Members
  • Abkhazia

Posted 01 July 2014 - 02:49 PM

the mute button.

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 01 July 2014 - 02:57 PM

Really? Your whole argument is "sorry bro, you're just wrong," and then you make the old "who cares what some guy on the internet wants" statement?

And you've chosen to completely overlook the actual stuff in the middle. Are you on day release?

TrevorSpeed914
  • TrevorSpeed914

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 July 2014 - 03:06 PM

And you've chosen to completely overlook the actual stuff in the middle. Are you on day release?

Barbies. Go. Your mommy wants you to grow up now.

walkingsickness
  • walkingsickness

Mr. "Blow Your Head Off"

• Members

Posted 01 July 2014 - 04:00 PM

By not calling him Frank.

Like its such a task to say Franklin. Its like people just give up when it comes the "lin"...it's just too much work to type

On a serious note though....The f*ck was R* huffing when they made crackheaded choice by giving him 2 last names? 

Franklin Clinton? Then when you say Frank Clinton its just sounds f*cking stupid. I would love to know who's job is it at R*

to name the black protagonist. 

• ten-a-penny likes this

Ambitions
  • Ambitions

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 01 July 2014 - 04:50 PM

I would make franklin change more during the story. I would start him out as very naive and gullible to his gang, then over time slowly turn into what he is, instead of just having him be a "Hater" For his gang from the start. It would have been nice to see how franklin was before that

As for the gameplay with Franklin, I would give him more options for facial hair, Like a trimmed mustache and goatee, the kind of goatee that hangs down off the chin and looks sick...I would also give him just a regular fade haircut with the hairline shaped up but without the lines. He lacks simple haircuts besides the one haircut that looks weird 

and finally, I wouldnt have him own a motorcycle 

• robban and EM_JAY_86 like this

fac316
  • fac316

Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 July 2014 - 05:13 PM

Have him be an actual character rather then someone they just threw in to appease to San Andreas Fanboys.

• saintsrow and ten-a-penny like this

one55
  • one55

Nigguh!

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 01 July 2014 - 05:38 PM

he's my favourite character so i'm happy the way he is.

anyone complaining is just doing it cause they want him to be CJ.

CJ's dead kids!

• fac316 and ten-a-penny like this

TrevorSpeed914
  • TrevorSpeed914

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 July 2014 - 06:21 PM

he's my favourite character so i'm happy the way he is.

anyone complaining is just doing it cause they want him to be CJ.

CJ's dead kids!

No, CJ is not dead, child.

Tikhung
  • Tikhung

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 July 2014 - 07:30 PM

Holy sh*t this comment pretty much sums up the SA fanboys cancer.

• ten-a-penny likes this

killahmatic
  • killahmatic

JB

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 July 2014 - 07:47 PM

Franklin*

He had initiative. He was just too stereotypical in terms of the way he talked, the music he likes. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users