Desktop problem

9 replies to this topic
In45do
  • In45do

Newbz

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 01 July 2014 - 07:29 AM

Hello guys, this is my first post in this forum. If I post it in wrong section, please move it. Let's go to the main problem.

My computer doesn't shows all icons as usual. I don't know what would causing this. But windows task manager still working and I'm using on-screen keyboard to screenshot the desktop.

gta_sa+2013-08-06+15-52-58-43.jpg

I need some help about how to fix that. I'm also want to know how to fix a keyboard problem, if some words pressed, it doesn't showed up. :/

Zefy
  • Zefy

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 July 2014 - 08:02 AM Edited by Zefy, 02 July 2014 - 08:53 PM.

Wait, so it doesn't show any Icons at all? Right click on the desktop, hover over View and make sure Show Desktop Icons is ticked. As for the keyboard, did it use to work on that PC?

edit: Didn't know your taskbar wasn't showing. It looked cropped out in the Screen Shot.

In45do
  • In45do

Newbz

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 01 July 2014 - 10:23 AM

Right click isn't working on desktop.

As for the keyboard, did it use to work on that PC?

What does it means?

Zefy
  • Zefy

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 July 2014 - 12:04 PM

Right click isn't working on desktop.

As for the keyboard, did it use to work on that PC?

What does it means?

Was the Keyboard working before on the PC?

TheFlareEntercounter
  • TheFlareEntercounter

Arms Dealer

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 01 July 2014 - 12:34 PM Edited by TheFlareEntercounter, 01 July 2014 - 12:36 PM.

In the task manager, try this:  File -> New Task(Run) -> type in "explorer" (without the marks of course) and press enter.

Explorer.exe is the program that loads the icons and the taskbar up. Looks like it didn't start on boot for some reason.

For the keyboard, well, have you tried plugging it in to a different port? It may be broken.

If all else fails, try to boot in safe mode and see if anything changes.

In45do
  • In45do

Newbz

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 02 July 2014 - 10:53 AM

Was the Keyboard working before on the PC?

Yes, it was. The broken words come one by one, like for example : The T and Y button slowly become unused. And then it starts to numbers.

In the task manager, try this:  File -> New Task(Run) -> type in "explorer" (without the marks of course) and press enter.

Explorer.exe is the program that loads the icons and the taskbar up. Looks like it didn't start on boot for some reason.

For the keyboard, well, have you tried plugging it in to a different port? It may be broken.

If all else fails, try to boot in safe mode and see if anything changes.

Looks like the problem was on explorer.exe, when I click it, it just showed a rectangular box with black background inside.

For the keyboard, I didn't try it on different port.

TheFlareEntercounter
  • TheFlareEntercounter

Arms Dealer

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 02 July 2014 - 11:16 AM Edited by TheFlareEntercounter, 02 July 2014 - 11:18 AM.

Looks like you should buy a new keyboard.

I'm not so sure what is the problem with explorer.exe though. In the process list, did you try ending explorer.exe and running it again? Also, if that fails try to boot up in safe mode, and see if anything changes. If safe mode doesn't work, I'd suggest you do a system repair.

Oh, and could you tell me what OS are you on? The UI looks like Windows 7 but you are writing with the Windows XP on-screen keyboard.

In45do
  • In45do

Newbz

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 05 July 2014 - 04:08 AM

Looks like you should buy a new keyboard.

I'm not so sure what is the problem with explorer.exe though. In the process list, did you try ending explorer.exe and running it again? Also, if that fails try to boot up in safe mode, and see if anything changes. If safe mode doesn't work, I'd suggest you do a system repair.

Oh, and could you tell me what OS are you on? The UI looks like Windows 7 but you are writing with the Windows XP on-screen keyboard.

Would it be fixed if I download a new explorer.exe from internet? And how to boot up in safe mode?

And here's the OS, it's Windows XP actually. The date is mistaken because when I set the date, I can't press number "4", so it looks like from 2013 instead of 2014.

gta_sa+2014-03-04+17-14-45-10.jpg

TheFlareEntercounter
  • TheFlareEntercounter

Arms Dealer

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 13 July 2014 - 10:50 AM Edited by TheFlareEntercounter, 13 July 2014 - 10:52 AM.

First of all, sorry for the late reply. My reply email for some reason didn't arrive

And how to boot up in safe mode?

Well it depends on your BIOS manufacturer but this is the most common way how to do it. When you power on your PC, start tapping the F8 key as soon as your manufacturer’s logo appears. This will take you to a menu. From there select one of the safe modes, I'd recommend to choose the "safe mode with networking" option, as you can go to the internet from there.

Don't download the explorer.exe from the internet because the application must match your OS build and version, and there is a very high chance of screwing something up. You can however boot from your Windows installation CD and select the "repair" option from there.

• In45do likes this

In45do
  • In45do

Newbz

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 14 July 2014 - 07:33 AM

^Thanks. I will test it tommorow.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users