Quantcast

» «
Photo

How big can we hope GTA 6 will be!? Realistic....

36 replies to this topic
Zackyoung1
  • Zackyoung1

Snitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 July 2014 - 04:30 AM

So we all know GTA V's map is huge, while a good portion is bare and not really decorated, its also one of the best looking games ever for being a last-gen game. However we are now falling into the new current-gen were games can start becoming greater than ever, so how big can we speculate GTA 6 to be? Now I'm not gonna list the greatest games but I'm going to list some games that are so impressive their size should be noted by R*. On the record, I read around the forums and someone did a measurement and says V's map is about 30sq miles, same as Far Cry 2.

1) Just cause-400sq miles

2) FUEL-5000sq miles

3) The Crew-It doesn't say how big it is however I read it take about an hour to drive across the map, were V takes like what a few minutes?

Now I get these games don't have the most detail and too think such a large world can be as detailed as a smaller map is crazy, but now stepping into new current-gen tech I feel as if GTA can get to be 100sq miles or more and be very detailed at the same time.

How big can we hope GTA to be?

AndrewDeSanta
  • AndrewDeSanta

Republitarian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 July 2014 - 04:37 AM

I only want a massive map in 6 if it's populated and if it isn't just bare land. Blaine County had sososososososososo much potential. 

• adictoGTA, theGTAking101, Mr Pickles and 3 others like this

Del boy
  • Del boy

The Only Fool and Horse of the $treets

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 01 July 2014 - 04:48 AM

A map as big as an actual city and or state
  • Mr Pickles likes this

Osho
  • Osho

Old School RPG'er

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 July 2014 - 04:56 AM

I hope with GTA VI, the developers focus on the content and activities more than focusing on increasing the scale of the map.
It really won't be smaller than what we have now and I'm completely fine with keeping the same.
The results of bigger map are already seen, so please with next gen they should now realize the potential of making more fun and things that add,the replay value of GTA.
  • Choco Taco, matajuegos01 and Wavesittich like this

Niko Vercetti 112
  • Niko Vercetti 112

That's, just, like, your opinion man

• Members

Posted 01 July 2014 - 04:59 AM

I couldn't care less about whether the map is smaller than IV or even bigger than V, as long as there's no obviously useless areas on the map (e.g. Paleto Bay where we've got nothing more than a base jump).

But my hope is that if we see another map countryside that there's a second city, even if it's only a bit bigger than Bohan.
  • Choco Taco, Mr Pickles and matajuegos01 like this

The7thOne
  • The7thOne

Advocate For GTA Online Map Additions

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 01 July 2014 - 05:09 AM

1. Storyline that has more impact than GTA 4's

2. Map size, maybe the crew

3. Good characters

4. New location, no HD renditions

5. Lots of things to do

6. Have the map of GTA VI in GTA Online

7. Better cars

8. Better atmosphere, think GTA 4 atmosphere, but way, way grittier.

9. Better story

10. Better story

• ddyoung, AndrewDeSanta and adictoGTA like this

matajuegos01
  • matajuegos01

Stalker

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 July 2014 - 05:18 AM

As long as they include meaningful and rewarding things to do I don't give a crap about the map.

• Osho likes this

THE_TREVALEV
  • THE_TREVALEV

they eat da poo poo

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 01 July 2014 - 05:31 AM

I want a map so f*cking large and detailed and protagonists so fleshed out and relatable that it fills two blue ray discs.
  • Mr Pickles likes this

Madvillain
  • Madvillain

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 July 2014 - 06:54 AM

hurry up with GTA6 stop being lazy rockstar

• Heists and Zackyoung1 like this

Del boy
  • Del boy

The Only Fool and Horse of the $treets

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 01 July 2014 - 07:09 AM

Also more sh*t to do, watching the same old f*cking movie has become a chore
  • Mr Pickles likes this

ddyoung
  • ddyoung

Get freaky... Not that freaky

• Members
  • England

Posted 01 July 2014 - 07:09 AM

Can we get one game at least half-way to pre-release expectations before we even consider talking about a new game? That being said, no working with the FIB again, better characters, new city, put the feeling of life from IV and the world of V together.

Mr Pickles
  • Mr Pickles

Is Balls Deep Inside Candy Suxxx

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 01 July 2014 - 07:25 AM

It must at the very least be long and hard,giggity.

Tikhung
  • Tikhung

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 July 2014 - 07:30 AM

Post here please :)

http://gtaforums.com...ta-series-chat/

Andreas
  • Andreas

• V Staff
  • Austria
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2014
    Best Avatar 2013
    Best New Member 2012
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 01 July 2014 - 07:38 AM

Moved to GTA Series Chat.
  • Tikhung likes this

Dope_0110
  • Dope_0110

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 01 July 2014 - 08:25 AM

There were never limitations by hardware on how big it can be. Current gen GTA could have been a 10 000 square miles map, just as detailed as current map and it would run the same, because the game doesn't run every detail, only nearby surroundings and LOD models for distant things. The reason we can't have that 10 000 square miles detailed map is TIME, WORKFORCE AND RESOURCES. It would take a much bigger team, years and years of work, and a ton of money to create a map that big.

On current gen it's even a bigger problem because we've come to expect an even bigger level of details, which means they have to spend even more time developing it. In Vice City a small city block needed a street model, a building model, a streetlight model and a few other embelishments like post boxes. In IV and V there are a million little details, and each of them requires time to be made, textured and made to work properly within the game.

So realistically, 2 cities at most. The map would be the size of V + one more city and a bit of countryside in order to make the game in a realistic number of 4-5 years.

• Mr Pickles likes this

Mr Pickles
  • Mr Pickles

Is Balls Deep Inside Candy Suxxx

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 01 July 2014 - 09:09 AM Edited by ViceCityStalker, 01 July 2014 - 09:12 AM.

There were never limitations by hardware on how big it can be. Current gen GTA could have been a 10 000 square miles map, just as detailed as current map and it would run the same, because the game doesn't run every detail, only nearby surroundings and LOD models for distant things. The reason we can't have that 10 000 square miles detailed map is TIME, WORKFORCE AND RESOURCES. It would take a much bigger team, years and years of work, and a ton of money to create a map that big.

On current gen it's even a bigger problem because we've come to expect an even bigger level of details, which means they have to spend even more time developing it. In Vice City a small city block needed a street model, a building model, a streetlight model and a few other embelishments like post boxes. In IV and V there are a million little details, and each of them requires time to be made, textured and made to work properly within the game.

So realistically, 2 cities at most. The map would be the size of V + one more city and a bit of countryside in order to make the game in a realistic number of 4-5 years.

Yeah true but also if R* North worked on the main city for VI and the surrounding area,SP,Story characters and all that sh*t then technically 2 other R* studios could work on another 2 cities and surrounding areas.A different studio could also work on GTA Online exclusively,hell with the money they making I`d have 2 or 3 studio`s dedicated solely to making a single GTA every five years then we would have this massive mother f*cker map thats super detailed.

Dope_0110
  • Dope_0110

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 01 July 2014 - 09:19 AM

Yeah true but also if R* North worked on the main city for VI and the surrounding area,SP,Story characters and all that sh*t then technically 2 other R* studios could work on another 2 cities and surrounding areas.A different studio could also work on GTA Online exclusively,hell with the money they making I`d have 2 or 3 studio`s dedicated solely to making a single GTA every five years then we would have this massive mother f*cker map thats super detailed.

That depends on whether they think it will be worth it for them. If they know they can earn billions with only one studio working on it, they wont bother wasting their other teams that can at the same time work on other projects, bringing in even more money.

There would also have to be a great co-operation among the teams to ensure everyone knows what they need to do, the map and story would have to be set in stone before the work begins so that they know exactly what to do.. a bunch of problems arise when working with multiple teams, though it is not impossible. Many games are in fact made by 2-3 teams. But as I said, it's all business first and that will dictate everything.

Zackyoung1
  • Zackyoung1

Snitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 July 2014 - 03:18 PM

Well it took R* like 5 years to make V, and they spent like 250 million to make it and made more than a billion on it so the sooner they could release a new game the more money flow they would have. I think R* should use multiple studios for their benefit. Not saying they should just use all teams at all studios, just share studios, the big 4 studios could all help out. However I doubt GTA could be 10,000sq miles, and stay detailed, the amount of info would be mind boggling and too much for the hardware to process, at least on console. You look at a game like The Crew and it is missing so much detail compared to Watch Dogs or GTA V, however a game that could be at least 500-1,000sq miles should be very possible, but even in smaller maps, Devs are downgrading games to preform good, so I don't think GTA will be that big in the next game even though theoretically it should.

DopeFresh
  • DopeFresh

Member of the Dope Fresh Nation

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 July 2014 - 05:29 AM

I want vice city and the surrounding area would be swamps, rivers, and hardcore redneck countryside.

Sentrion
  • Sentrion

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 July 2014 - 05:37 PM

To be honest, I don't really want a big map. Just a map of Vice City with surrounding towns and countryside is just the best.

NDH92
  • NDH92

@92NathanH

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 July 2014 - 05:44 PM

I definitely don't want to see more bland, useless countryside again. The countryside in V is generally considered to be boring. No more of that, swap it for smaller islands, like North Yankton, which you'd be allowed to visit all the time.

Dope_0110
  • Dope_0110

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 03 July 2014 - 06:14 AM

Well it took R* like 5 years to make V, and they spent like 250 million to make it and made more than a billion on it so the sooner they could release a new game the more money flow they would have. I think R* should use multiple studios for their benefit. Not saying they should just use all teams at all studios, just share studios, the big 4 studios could all help out. However I doubt GTA could be 10,000sq miles, and stay detailed, the amount of info would be mind boggling and too much for the hardware to process, at least on console. You look at a game like The Crew and it is missing so much detail compared to Watch Dogs or GTA V, however a game that could be at least 500-1,000sq miles should be very possible, but even in smaller maps, Devs are downgrading games to preform good, so I don't think GTA will be that big in the next game even though theoretically it should.

Theoretically, it can be a 10 000 sq miles and very detailed. Hardware doesn't process all the data at the same time so that wouldn't be a problem. Hardware only has to render the scene around the player, everything else is just a low poly model in the distance. As I said above, the reason we can't have it is the time and resources it takes to make a map that big with GTA level of quality where they don't just recycle the map five times over and brag how big it is.

There are a few reasons why The Crew isn't as detailed. First, it's a racing game where they don't expect the players to explore it as we do GTA. Then, it's an online game, so less little objects that require physics, the better for them. And then there's the team that made the game. They probably just aren't as good at making a detailed map as Rockstar who I dare say is one of the best studios at making a city look and feel alive, if not simply the best.

• LiquidNitrogen, The7thOne and Wavesittich like this

jay1993
  • jay1993

jayjay0607

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 July 2014 - 06:39 AM Edited by jay1993, 26 July 2014 - 06:18 AM.

We can do 500 sq Miles out of R*.

the ironic one
  • the ironic one

Don't take life too seriously. You wont get out of it alive.

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 04 July 2014 - 10:20 AM Edited by browar25, 04 July 2014 - 10:21 AM.

True Crime streets of LA also has a big map, it's 240sm but there aren't many things to do. So driving gets boring after a few long journeys, although the gameplay is good. For me the size is less relevant as long as the map is rich in content. Of course, it would be nice to see a big state. The state similar to GTA SA with 3 large cities (but each one as big as LC in GTA 4 and full of much better content that we haven never seen in any game never before) and dozens of different villages and towns rich in content. However, let's be realistic, it could take a decade or even more until GTA 6 comes out :) Although I'm happy with the size of GTA 5 and don't need a larger world, I know they make it bigger in GTA 6 anyway. Because they are under pressure.

thedriver111
  • thedriver111

BringBackClarkson

• Members
  • England

Posted 06 July 2014 - 11:01 AM

Just Cause 2 on Xbox 360 had a huge map , so An entire state of san andreas on PS4 and Xbox One would be bigger and still have detail.
  • The7thOne likes this

bst81
  • bst81

GTA V & Watch Dogs videos

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 July 2014 - 03:37 PM

Maybe map size is a bit bigger than GTA V ,but with more building- detailed

TheMcSame
  • TheMcSame

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 July 2014 - 11:29 PM

Maybe 2-3 times bigger.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich, so wie du bist.

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 06 July 2014 - 11:47 PM

If it's gonna be a city, I hope they do it right, with actual suburbs and stuff.

skittlez86
  • skittlez86

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 10 July 2014 - 01:05 AM

we all know it's not about the size, it's how you use it 

squeezx
  • squeezx

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 July 2014 - 01:50 AM

we all know it's not about the size, it's how you use it 

Very well said. Lol

With these new consoles we don't know what the limit is or I'd there is one yet. I would like the scale could be on par with GTA San Andreas and also with the detail of IV and V.

I'd like to see Vice city, with surrounding south Florida, keys, Bahamas and mix it up by throwing in a mission to part of Cuba or Comumbia or Jamaica.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users