Something I don't get about Claude and Catalina

44 replies to this topic
hot-temper27
  • hot-temper27

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 October 2014 - 09:48 AM

This is one of the few questions that's difficult for me to answer. I'm surprised Claude even made it through nine years unscathed.

sebix98
  • sebix98

Player Hater

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 06 November 2014 - 06:20 AM

Catalina loves nobody. She used Claude to rob that f*cking bank and then shot him cuz she didn't need him anymore. Then , in "Grand Theft Aero" , she shot Miguel because he wanted to hand over the package from the plane. Things are obvious... the first mistake you make or when you become useless , you get killed !!

TrevorSpeed914
  • TrevorSpeed914

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 November 2014 - 08:50 PM

Catalina loves nobody.

This is a good theory considering she displays no remorse for any of her actions. Psychopaths aren't capable of love.

CarlsonRe
  • CarlsonRe

''It's no problem to kill you.''

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 May 2015 - 08:34 AM

For those who played San Andreas, you know that Claude got together with Catalina, right? And you know what a complete psychopath that bitch is, right? And you know how the crazy bitch betrayed Claude at the beginning of GTA 3, right? Well, what I'm trying to understand is how in the f*ck did Claude survive nearly a full decade with that crazy bitch. I mean Claude is taciturn in both of his appearances in the GTA games and Catalina shouts out death threats over even the smallest situations. You'd think that Claude would already be dead by then. I mean think about it. Can you picture ANYBODY with Catalina for NINE f*ckING YEARS? Based on what I saw from her in GTA San Andreas, anyone who would be stupid enough to date her would not survive within a month, let alone nine f*cking years. What was Claude's secret of avoiding this death?

Claudes secret of avoiding death is that he doesnt speak or complain on her. Probably if Claude talked the milisecond Catalina told CJ, Claude would say something stupid, like ''Lets go bitch.''.

GreenOnions
  • GreenOnions

Crackhead

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 May 2015 - 09:02 PM

It's a minor detail, but I've always liked how "baby-faced" and almost innocent looking Claude appears during his cameo in San Andreas, which theoretically would be around the time that he first met Catalina. Compare the two of them in San Andreas to how they looked in GTA III, and Claude's "aging" just in terms of his facial features is a lot more apparent.

GTA_fear
  • GTA_fear

There's a tip jar, jackass!

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 09 May 2015 - 12:23 PM

If it adds anything to the discussion, in the last mission in III, Catalina says: "...and dating you was only business."

So I guess she just used him as help with robbing banks and then tried to get rid of him when he was no longer needed. Or it just wasn't well thought out and R* wanted a simple cameo appearance, like you guys have said. Probably both.

BeatenbyMichaelDeSanta
  • BeatenbyMichaelDeSanta

Vapid of Los Santos

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 May 2015 - 04:32 AM

If i was Claude i would just live to vice city.
Or maybe to kill Catalina instead maybe cj would be extremely happy to see her dead body on street.

If i got a ragequit on her i would spawn her using ped selector in san andreas and use my minigun to kill her (if you attack her she will pistol you)

Rollin69
  • Rollin69

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 May 2015 - 11:01 PM

Because Claude is a badass. That's why. Fifth greatest character behind CJ, Vic, Niko, and Luis.

gangster2332
  • gangster2332

wandering encyclopedia

• BUSTED!
  • United-Arab-Emirates

Posted 21 May 2015 - 08:11 AM

Because Claude is a badass. That's why. Fifth greatest character behind CJ, Vic, Niko, and Luis.

youre just dumb. if claude is badass, why is tommy not?

Harerama Chakraborty
  • Harerama Chakraborty

• Members
  • India

Posted 21 May 2015 - 08:43 AM Edited by Harerama Chakraborty, 21 May 2015 - 08:44 AM.

That's his opinion.

Everyone's opinion is different.

Rollin69
  • Rollin69

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 May 2015 - 02:42 AM

That's his opinion.
Everyone's opinion is different.

It's not an opinion. It's a fact that Claude is the fifth greatest character of the GTA series behind CJ (the God protagonist), Vic, Niko, and Luis. All of that is a fact and I mean it to.

Blastoise1994
  • Blastoise1994

Chief Procrastinator

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 May 2015 - 05:56 AM

Theory time! Building on the "Broke up and got back together" theory. :p

Though Claude has had many acquaintances, Catalina was the only one he ever really cared about. Over the years, they would do a job, break up, get back together, rinse and repeat... Catalina, on the other hand, never cared about Claude, and only saw him as a tool, a henchman. However she came about her power, Catalina's taking control of the Columbian drug cartel meant Claude's doom.

The gunshot after the credits fade? That was Claude shooting himself in the head. The only person he ever cared about was dead, and it was his own doing. 

Not serious about this BTW, but it is interesting to think about. :p

• GTA Master likes this

nickvick197
  • nickvick197

Player Hater

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 16 November 2015 - 08:00 AM

I'm guessing that Claude just did everything the Colombian bitch told him to do and he just followed along like an obsequious robot. I agree though. It's pretty implausible for anyone who would survive with an impulsive, uneducated psychopath for nearly a decade long.

Stoney0503
  • Stoney0503

Buster, Straight Buster

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 16 November 2015 - 10:05 PM

I'm pretty sure Catalina started to hate Claude not very far before the events of GTA III, probably because of how he wasn't really needed and could manage the colombian cartel by herself, she probably couldn't get rid of Miguel since he was the more well known leader.

BlackSnow176
  • BlackSnow176

Cat in Shoes

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 20 November 2015 - 12:58 AM Edited by BlackSnow176, 20 November 2015 - 01:00 AM.

Perhaps Catalina had a thing for silent guys and Claude had a thing for crazy chicks. Still the best video game couple :catloaf:

Spoiler

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users