Posted 07 July 2014 - 12:02 AM

I want the heavy rifle...

BigJoe_1
  • BigJoe_1

You Bumder

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 07 July 2014 - 12:22 AM

Good find, OP. I can't believe I didn't see this myself because I've looked around everywhere for Easter eggs and items hidden in plain sight. I probed AmmuNation and missed this great find of yours.

Honestly I'm still surprised no one noticed this. Ammunation of all places... A place everyone keeps visiting o.0
well don't you feel like a f*ckton of special.

How does being surprised have anything to do with being special?

At first I was waiting for a spam of ''We already saw this'' comments followed by a lock. 

This is nothing special.
you're acting like it is. I read the entire thread, and you keep boasting that you found this, like it was some secret Easter egg. Its nothing special. Its a poster.
Well others find it pretty interesting to see what guns were cut! You are quite clearly jealous that  you didn't find it or the fact that you're just an attention whore and that you decided you wanted to throw a fit over a f*cking poster haha Do everybody a favour and f*ck off
if I was an attention whore, I would be posting this on YouTube. I'm not jealous of anything. I'm just simply pointing out that the OP thinks he is god for finding this poster.

First things first, If he thought he was god for finding this the title would probably be in caps.

• Zorvaine likes this

Zorvaine
  • Zorvaine

Honor Among Thieves.

• Members
  • Slovenia

Posted 07 July 2014 - 12:24 AM

if I was an attention whore, I would be posting this on YouTube. I'm not jealous of anything. I'm just simply pointing out that the OP thinks he is god for finding this poster.

How exactly am I thinking I'm a ''god''? 

You're obviously over-exaggerating and trolling. (Not surprised looking at your username.)

• lazyassedlover likes this

levi447
  • levi447

Rollin1Up

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 July 2014 - 12:42 AM

You're obviously over-exaggerating and trolling. (Not surprised looking at your username.)

Eh, he's just trying to start sh*t, like all the other trolls in the forums lately. On topic tho, has anyone thought it could be something more like this below? Its called a PAPOP - (PolyArme POlyProjectiles, "multi-projectile multi-weapon")

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PAPOP

• Zorvaine likes this

Zanje
  • Zanje

Stand up guy

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 July 2014 - 12:51 AM Edited by Zanje, 07 July 2014 - 12:52 AM.

Eh, he's just trying to start sh*t, like all the other trolls in the forums lately. On topic tho, has anyone thought it could be something more like this below? Its called a PAPOP - (PolyArme POlyProjectiles, "multi-projectile multi-weapon")

cool reminds me of the super dragon from perfect dark, but would never work in GTAV. there is no way to change a weapons fire mode from rifle to grenade launcher, think the airburst is safest bet.

FlacidJack
  • FlacidJack

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 07 July 2014 - 12:52 AM

I think not only did you find the poster but you hand crafted it then in the middle of the day when all gamers are sleeping you snuck into our homes and individually patched it in to each and every one of our consoles... before posting this thread without taking any credit for any of it.

Now that's over exaggerating ;)

...nice find.
  • Zorvaine likes this

MrManBuz
  • MrManBuz

Men become demons

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 07 July 2014 - 12:54 AM

We've learned that items found in the codings that didn't make it to the final game, came later via DLC. Example: Rhapsody. 

So there is a good chance we might be seeing these in the near future. The question is, why are they taking so long? If the guns were mostly finished, functional and modeled why the delay. I can imagine the Rhapsody was already done, the only thing missing could have been the extra modifications which would take a programmer a day to add them. 

It could be a question of balance, a semi-auto rapid firing air burst grenade launcher could be OP as hell, same with a semi-auto sniper. How do you make it balanced? If the semi-auto Sniper was a 2 shot kill it'd make the regular sniper redundant (though it is already) and if it was a 3 shot depending on it's fire rate people would complain that it's useless. I really don't know how they could properly balance them and I have a feeling that played a part in why they were cut.

• Zorvaine likes this

-Velox
  • -Velox

Street Tuner

• Members
  • Cuba

Posted 07 July 2014 - 12:58 AM Edited by Ibareny, 07 July 2014 - 12:59 AM.

Anyone have any ideas on what's a Programmable Assault Rifle?

It's an XM25 it's basically a grenade launcher, a Smart one. It can lock to places and explode behind cover. So let's say you're behind a car or something, you mark the car and aim over the car and shoot when the grenade passes the car it will explode killing anyone behind it taking cover.. Or you can just blow up the car. But you can't blow up a ledge. :D

Edit: Aww.. I got beat to it. :c

• Zorvaine likes this

levi447
  • levi447

Rollin1Up

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 July 2014 - 01:42 AM Edited by levi447, 07 July 2014 - 01:43 AM.

cool reminds me of the super dragon from perfect dark, but would never work in GTAV. there is no way to change a weapons fire mode from rifle to grenade launcher, think the airburst is safest bet.

True, but think outside the box for a min, and think about this, instead of R3 (on ps3 unsure about xbox button) for zooming in, it possible changes the firing mode? or maybe the stealth button (L3) while aiming down sights, instead? Only reason I just thought of this is because if it is spelled "Programmable A.R.", type that into google and wikipedia comes up with what I posted a little bit ago. I know its most likely not the case as to what it is but you never know, just thought I would toss that out there.

Zorvaine
  • Zorvaine

Honor Among Thieves.

• Members
  • Slovenia

Posted 07 July 2014 - 01:46 AM

It's an XM25 it's basically a grenade launcher, a Smart one. It can lock to places and explode behind cover. So let's say you're behind a car or something, you mark the car and aim over the car and shoot when the grenade passes the car it will explode killing anyone behind it taking cover.. Or you can just blow up the car. But you can't blow up a ledge. :D

Reminds me of those Homing Missiles from Worms. I like the sound of that. 

Imagine of we had something similar. The weapon would have a sniper scope, we aim and mark a hit-point. We then fire the weapon like an RPG and the homing rocket is directed to that hit-point. (Basically what you wrote)

I would love a weapon like that. 

-Velox
  • -Velox

Street Tuner

• Members
  • Cuba

Posted 07 July 2014 - 03:25 AM

Imagine of we had something similar. The weapon would have a sniper scope, we aim and mark a hit-point. We then fire the weapon like an RPG and the homing rocket is directed to that hit-point. (Basically what you wrote)

Hm... IF the XM25 does make it to online.. It might be considered OP.

Zorvaine
  • Zorvaine

Honor Among Thieves.

• Members
  • Slovenia

Posted 07 July 2014 - 03:43 AM

Hm... IF the XM25 does make it to online.. It might be considered OP.

True. They'd have to tone it down to balance it out. Shouldn't be a problem... They balanced the Musket out, it has incredible damage and range but a long reload time (Despite it can be manipulated)

TrevorAngry
  • TrevorAngry

Untouchable Gunslinger

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 July 2014 - 01:12 AM Edited by TrevorAngry, 17 July 2014 - 01:33 AM.

I was browsing in Ammunation until I noticed this sign.

0_0.jpg

I inspected it and I found names of weapons that we do not currently own. These weapons were probably suppose to come in the final game but never made it. The sign design was made prior to that decision which is why their names remain. 

I found four weapons that we don't currently have access to yet their names appear on this sign. The Heavy Rifle, Programmable AR, the Assault MG and the Assault Sniper. What do you make of this?

Pistol                                                       

Combat Pistol

Pistol .50

AP Pistol

Pump Shotgun

Sawn Off Shotgun

Bullpup Shotgun

Assault Shotgun

Micro SMG

SMG

Assault SMG

Assault Rifle 

Carbine Rifle

Heavy Rifle

Advanced Rifle

Programmable AR - Assault Rifle

MG

Combat MG

Assault MG

Sniper Rifle

Assault Sniper

Heavy Sniper

RPG

Grenade Launcher

Minigun

Grenade

P.E. (Plastic Explosive - Sticky Bomb)

Stun Gun

14043954459543_f.jpg

The sign was there since the game launched. I found it located in the South L.S. Ammunation which has a shooting range. 

Spoiler

Just found some info that could point it to a possible return of those weapons as a DLC... check it out:

http://gtaforums.com...85-115tunables/

Thanks to funmw2, in this thread there is a link (https://dl.dropboxus...es_processing.c ) that contains the following info: 

func_9(uParam0, uParam1, "WEAPONADDON_DLC_HEAVYRIFLE_CLIP_02_EXPENDITURE_TUNABLE", &Global_262144.imm_2871, 1);

func_9(uParam0, uParam1, "WEAPONADDON_DLC_ASSAULTMG_CLIP_02_EXPENDITURE_TUNABLE", &Global_262144.imm_2872, 1);

func_9(uParam0, uParam1,"WEAPONADDON_DLC_PROGRAMMABLEAR_CLIP_02_EXPENDITURE_TUNABLE", &Global_262144.imm_2873, 1);

(use ctrl + f to see with you own yes)

It could mean nothing since they are "cut" content, but it shows the DLC word so...

Also do you remember this ?: http://www.se7ensins...eapons.1141769/

This thread made by ST3V3HACKER, shows some weapons that got leaked BEFORE the hipster update, and we can clearly see that it have two of our weapons... Assault MG and Heavy Rifle. 

EDIT: the weapons that have the DLC before their name are: 

Assault SMG: Social Club

Pistol .50 : Collector Edition

Heavy Rifle : ??????

Assault Sniper : ?????

Assault MG : ???????

Programable AR : ??????

Dagger : Hipster Update

Vintage Pistol : Hipster Update

and all the others DLC weapons we have seen so far...

• gbrown100 likes this

Zorvaine
  • Zorvaine

Honor Among Thieves.

• Members
  • Slovenia

Posted 26 August 2014 - 01:25 PM Edited by Zorvaine, 26 August 2014 - 01:25 PM.

^ Good find.

I take it that we might see these in November's Veteran/Army DLC. 

Imposssible
  • Imposssible

(sits on the commission)

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 August 2014 - 01:27 PM

Great find, dude...

bruvs-mcfc
  • bruvs-mcfc

Thug

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 26 August 2014 - 01:41 PM

There is a post in sp section about beta files and it not only lists weapons that didn't make it but everything , amazing amount of stuff that they decided to drop , if you not read it I recommend it

LanaDelRey888
  • LanaDelRey888

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 August 2014 - 02:20 PM

They're just different / beta names to what's already available, I think.

Assault Sniper could mean the Advanced Sniper from TBOGT, or it's successor.

To me, though, the entry-level sniper rifle in V should have been a bolt action rifle like the one of the M40 series in IV, 

the AWP as the 'Assault', and the .50 as the 'Heavy'. At least that's what I think.

Gosh, I miss that rifle from IV, what a joy it was to use.. wood looked beautiful.

Zito
  • Zito

RBLiberty

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 August 2014 - 02:23 PM

why does the SMG look like the most expensive one on that list?

would be awesome if they released all these weapons to those with rank 120 and higher like 130 or 140. would make a reason for us to reach for a high rank in stead of just stopping after 120

mrpodo100
  • mrpodo100

Grandmaster Sexy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 August 2014 - 02:26 PM

What about the assault musket?

AGiganticLlama
  • AGiganticLlama

Huge Llama Destruction!

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 August 2014 - 02:29 PM Edited by AGiganticLlama, 26 August 2014 - 02:30 PM.

Assault Sniper looks like a sexy AR

AlienTwo
  • AlienTwo

Go then, there are other worlds than these.

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [Gen Chat] 2014
    Second Best Alien

Posted 26 August 2014 - 02:47 PM

Nice find... sorry I'm late to the party.

m3tal z_DKI
  • m3tal z_DKI

Heists coming March 10th

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 26 August 2014 - 10:21 PM

http://www.gamefaqs....auto-v/67056703

Anyone remember this?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users