» «

If you had to choose between TBOGT and V

226 replies to this topic

Poll: If you had to choose between TBOGT and V (271 member(s) have cast votes)

Which one would you rather play?

1. TBOGT (116 votes [42.80%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 42.80%

2. V (155 votes [57.20%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 57.20%

Vote Guests cannot vote
  • zubcake77

Player Hater

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 27 December 2015 - 09:32 AM Edited by zubcake77, 27 December 2015 - 09:34 AM.

So V is basically a retirement simulator. Tennis Golf Yoga Swimming lmfao. Off roading in V is boring with those kind of driving mechanics.
You mean to tell me you'd do all of those instead of going around fighting people, stealing cars/drugs and all?

No i mean you can already kill people, steal cars and other random sh*t. Take a moment to play some other activities then f*cking shooting all day. Dont like that? Fine theres many other stuff like go rob a store do heists and replay the missions to get gold. And so much more. But its ok if you like dancing with female npcs in a night clubs. Oh and how about buying a tank or rhino and cause maythem or go scuba diving. And theres online so please. Tell me mor stuff thats better and ill prove its not.

• O.Z

Trevor Philips

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 January 2016 - 10:12 AM Edited by O.Z, 30 January 2016 - 03:34 PM.

TBOGT hands down. I cant get used to the arcadey feel of driving in V, its the biggest dealbraker for me.

The driving physics in TBOGT are an absolute joy and also the city is more alive, everything has a purpose, unlike V, while it looks stunning its lifeless in so many ways compared to Ballad.

I have a bad feeling that the GTA IV(EFLC) will be the last truly great game in the series. GTA VI will most likely end up with the same "7 year old car physics" engine, I hope I am wrong...

PS: GTAV Online is the biggest turd to have ever happened to the great franchise, basically its ruined the whole series, well for me anyways

• TheOtherRyan, B Dawg, Payne and 2 others like this

• TheOtherRyan

The Harwood Butcher

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 02 February 2016 - 12:39 PM

I've been reading some of the earlier pages in this thread. Things got heated back then lol. I would still choose TBOGT over GTA V.

• O.Z and Krashadam like this

• Journey_95

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 02 March 2016 - 04:05 PM Edited by Journey_95, 02 March 2016 - 04:20 PM.

The only thing I disliked on TBoGT was Super diamond handling, it's arcadish for me.

Apart from this, I'm sticky with my opinion, Luis Lopes is the best GTA HD era character, he's so much better than the jail bitch Michael, the cloth ironer Franklin and the methhead retarded Trevor, deal with it. And fk these Niko's fanboys, I hate depressive characters. Niko is as annoying as Dwayne, he's such a hypocrite that makes a sad face everytime he kills someone, he says he don't wanna keep doing this, but he always changes his mind immediately when someone puts 50 bucks on his hands, he's ranty, conplains 98% of the time and he's unbearable.

Luis is more happy, he bangs women across the LC. Damn, he has even piloted a golden chopper. By the other hand, Niko sucks.

Sounds like you just like Luis because he is basically a blank slate and pure wish fulfillment

Niko and Michael are more realistic characters with flaws, especially the former.

Anyway on topic: V is better than Tbogt. At least it has Michael, a great new city and countryside etc.

Tbogt ruined LC with the sh*tty filters (it just doesn't fit LC), not to mention the terrible songs. Luis is almost as bad as Franklin. Both have bad storylines with obnoxious characters.

Of course I would dump both GTA V and TBOGT for GTA IV and TLAD in a heartbeat

• B Dawg likes this

• jpm1

Vice city citizen

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 17 July 2016 - 02:15 AM

well, i already said it 1000 times, but for me it's TBoGT with Niko mod without hesitating

• AjdarFan

Forum awarded for biggest Ajdar fan on the universe

• Members
  • Turkey

Posted 18 July 2016 - 11:38 AM

I don't get it. Why choose TBoGT when we have V? TBoGT is like a demo version of V. Everything is same except toned down. I would understand IV vs V since they are wastly different and IV focuses on storyline, V focuses on action. But TBoGT?!?! I don't get it. Story is sh*t just like V. I don't find any single reason to choose TBoGT.

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

Pass The Whiskey

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 18 July 2016 - 01:59 PM Edited by B Dawg, 18 July 2016 - 04:48 PM.

Not a single reason? I'll give you several big reasons:

- Underground Fight Club

- Drug Wars

- Better police system

- No health regeneration

- AA12 Auto Shotgun

- M249 Light Machine Gun

- Better gunplay

- Able to shoot up 2 clubs with said weapons

- Slighty less bullsh*t story

- Luis is more interesting than Franklin I guess, while Franklin is playing Iron Man with his clothes, Luis is banging chicks

- Better driving mechanics

Both TBOGT and V fall into the 'worst GTAs ever made' category, so a poll between the two make sense.

If V didn't have it's giant countryside surrounding Los Santos, TBOGT would have been better than V in every single way (gameplay wise)

• PhillBellic, Niobium and Payne like this

• jpm1

Vice city citizen

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 18 July 2016 - 07:33 PM

.. clubs, restaurants, handling, Niko (mod), much better city atmosphere (i canno't really explain this. but for me it's obvious that LC is much more beautiful than LS)

• Niobium likes this

• izXenon

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 July 2016 - 06:44 PM

TBOGT of course

• jpm1 likes this

• DERGaming

Niko Bellic

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 July 2016 - 09:49 PM

I could not live without TBoGT
  • jpm1 likes this

• Michael

Could be kissing my fruit punch lips in the bright sunshine.

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 14 August 2016 - 03:14 PM

The Ballad Of Gay Tony is great, but I would definitely choose Grand Theft Auto V..

• hesoyam27

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 September 2016 - 07:00 PM

I like both games with crazy missions but if I have to chose then I will go with TBoGT

TBoGT for night clubs, drug wars and fight club.

V for big map with countryside and Flying.

also Amir Yusuf >>>>> all characters in GTA V.

• Vulhetaar

Lone Wolf

• Members
  • Iraq

Posted 16 September 2016 - 02:47 AM

Gotta give love to TBoGT!

Love the Electro-Choc Radio music.. Like there Major Lazer - Jump up.. So I pretty much listened Major Lazer music before It got mainstream (special snowflake here).

Champagne Showers! Club management and Luis' crazy ex.

just some to name out of many

• O.Z and Payne like this

• DIze

Secretary of Defence

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

F*ck, I think I would go for TBOGT.

Eh, catch this man! He is a Club Guy in the name of Biker! He's kept us in Dark for a long time!

• Prasdana21

Player Hater

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted A week ago

Story wise? GTA V

Gameplay wise? TBOGT

Both are great video games for me...if I really have to choose one though, I'll go with V.

• Kess1987

Player Hater

• Members
  • Spain

Posted A week ago

I really love TBOGT. Maybe best GTA in Liberty City. I liked Niko, I liked Johnny, but I enjoyed a LOT TBOGT, tons of fun in it, characters, missions, weapons, vehicles, side-activitites (that fightclub...)

BUT, man, GTA V is GTA V. Three awesome characters with awesome storyline (IMO), missions, heists, map, planes, cycles, moddable weapons, cars, shooting range, internet, "sports" (absolutely love golf and tennis minigames), endless possibilities...

Definitely voted for V.

Cluckin' Bell
  • Cluckin' Bell

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

TBoGT wins. The game feels like Vice City in Liberty City, but at least it's more tolerable than V.

• Payne and DIze like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users