Quantcast

» «
Photo

If you had to choose between TBOGT and V

242 replies to this topic

Poll: If you had to choose between TBOGT and V (300 member(s) have cast votes)

Which one would you rather play?

1. TBOGT (135 votes [45.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 45.00%

2. V (165 votes [55.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 55.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote
fac316
  • fac316

Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 June 2015 - 03:02 PM

If TBoGT was the length of IV (with the nightclubs and drug wars) then Ballad, but since Ballad is wayyy too short V.

SuperGTFan
  • SuperGTFan

Big Homie

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 20 June 2015 - 12:52 PM

TBOGT

MrDeSanta
  • MrDeSanta

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 20 June 2015 - 01:01 PM Edited by MrDeSanta, 20 June 2015 - 01:02 PM.

Actually V and TBOGT have alot incommon.

They both have mediocre to bad stories, they both have mediocre characters (excluding Yusuf f*cking Amir one of the best characters in GTA history), they both have over the top super unrealistic missions,they both have terrible antagonists (altough Bulgarin still beats V`s clowns) and they both have terrible endings.

The only difference is that TBOGT has the best side crime activity in GTA franchise- drug wars, while V doesn`t have none of such fun.

So in the end of the day i`d probably choose TBOGT. The only thing i dislike is only has 28 missions. Too short. But then again, it has an excuse for being short because it`s just a DLC.

But V has no excuse for only having 60 real missions.

• SkyHunted, Kafonix and Payne Killer like this

SkyHunted
  • SkyHunted

i wished for a rain , not a sandstorm.

• Members
  • None
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 20 June 2015 - 01:15 PM

They both have mediocre to bad stories, they both have mediocre characters (excluding Yusuf f*cking Amir one of the best characters in GTA history), they both have over the top super unrealistic missions,they both have terrible antagonists (altough Bulgarin still beats V`s clowns) and they both have terrible endings.

The only difference is that TBOGT has the best side crime activity in GTA franchise- drug wars, while V doesn`t have none of such fun.

So in the end of the day i`d probably choose TBOGT. The only thing i dislike is only has 28 missions. Too short. But then again, it has an excuse for being short because it`s just a DLC.

This.  :^:

• MrDeSanta likes this

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

• Members
  • Australia
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 24 June 2015 - 12:06 PM

Having read through MrDeSanta's post, I still prefer TBOGT. It's mainly to do with the Setting. :)

SuperGTFan
  • SuperGTFan

Big Homie

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 24 June 2015 - 12:18 PM

Having read through MrDeSanta's post, I still prefer TBOGT. It's mainly to do with the Setting. :)
Because Star Junction is full of music !
  • MrDeSanta likes this

UshaB
  • UshaB

Nacho Libre - "I wanna weeeeeen!"

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 24 June 2015 - 12:19 PM

TBOGT

The:

• Cagefighting
  • Drug Wars
  • Had interiors (e.g. "I thought this was a party")
  • Parachuting (felt cooler back then)
  • Nitro-racing
  • Club management
  • And its connection with IV and TLAD. It was beautiful how they pieced it all together. 
  • Curtis and MrDeSanta like this

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

We're all looking for that special someone

• Members
  • Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 24 June 2015 - 12:25 PM

To be honest when I finished TBOGT recently it gave me a new appreciation for its story. Still doesn't touch GTA IV and TLAD obviously, but IMO for what it is it's so much better than GTA V's.

The ending for TBOGT is better too and felt like a true ending to not just it, but the entire GTA IV/EFLC saga. It didn't leave me wondering "is that it?" like GTA V.

So for me story wise TBOGT achieves more with less if that makes sense.
  • Payne Killer and MrDeSanta like this

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 24 June 2015 - 12:27 PM

To be honest when I finished TBOGT recently it gave me a new appreciation for its story. Still doesn't touch GTA IV and TLAD obviously, but IMO for what it is it's so much better than GTA V's.

The ending for TBOGT is better too and felt like a true ending to not just it, but the entire GTA IV/EFLC saga. It didn't leave me wondering "is that it?" like GTA V.

So for me story wise TBOGT achieves more with less if that makes sense.

Although, Bulgarin was totally Niko's kill, and not Luis's, amirite? :)

• MrDeSanta likes this

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

We're all looking for that special someone

• Members
  • Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 24 June 2015 - 12:30 PM

Yeah. I would've preferred if Niko killed him instead of Luis, but atleast it wasn't left as a plot hole like choosing ending A and B in GTA V.
  • MrDeSanta likes this

Aerovitia
  • Aerovitia

👌

• Facade
  • Indonesia

Posted 24 June 2015 - 12:52 PM

TBOGT.

The vehicles roster are still balanced, even though R* adds several more sports cars. And yes, they actually adds more emergency vehicles! Altough they normally only spawned on MP, but they're more useful in LCPDFR. :)

Also love that Automatic Shotgun, a bit OP but still really fun.

The storyline are still better than V (but worse than IV and TLAD), even though Bulgarin's arc are killing me. Luis are actually a bit more loveable, if only he isn't overly snarky. And of course, Yusuf!

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

The Mystic Peephole

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 24 June 2015 - 09:41 PM

TBOGT's game mechanics didn't suffer from being dumbed down unlike V's, which is a major plus for TBOGT!

• Algonquin Assassin, Misunderstood, Payne Killer and 2 others like this

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

The Mystic Peephole

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 06 July 2015 - 12:00 PM

And you can listen to Liberty Rock Radio/LCHC unlike in V where you get super weak rock/punk.

'You don't sing about broken hearts, you sing about breaking faces!'

'LCHC, we'll give you something to be angry about!'

• Payne Killer likes this

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 06 July 2015 - 12:01 PM

And you can listen to Liberty Rock Radio/LCHC unlike in V where you get super weak rock/punk.

"Let's fu*k sh*t up!" *head banging*

;)

SuperGTFan
  • SuperGTFan

Big Homie

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 06 July 2015 - 05:09 PM

"Let's fu*k sh*t up!" *head banging*

;)
"Damn, we're gonna be just like Alaska..."

Payne Killer
  • Payne Killer

f*ck you

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 July 2015 - 05:10 PM

But...but...I like Channel X.

Predator
  • Predator

f*ck you

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 July 2015 - 06:50 PM

L.C.H.C IS MUCH BETTER MAX  "MORE CLASSIC , DEATH f*ckING METAL"

• Femme Fatale and Payne Killer like this

Payne Killer
  • Payne Killer

f*ck you

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 July 2015 - 06:53 PM

I like both, Ganton.

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

The Mystic Peephole

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 15 July 2015 - 05:11 PM Edited by B Dawg, 15 July 2015 - 05:32 PM.

Makes Channel X bands sound like a bunch of sissies :p

You know, when I think of Channel X, I get reminded of all the sh*tty Nu-Metal/Metalcore bands where their songs start off great but then turn to sh*t, although Channel X doesn't suffer from that problem as much as they do. Here's an example:

''Damn the opening riffs are so badass, then pops up this sissy vocalist who completely changes the tone of the song and everything falls apart. ''My life is so filled with hate'', BUT HE SOUNDS LIKE A f*ckING SISSY! You don't mix something like that with those vocals!''

You feel me? :*( That's why I'm into LCHC and old-school metal. /endrant

• Payne Killer likes this

SuperGTFan
  • SuperGTFan

Big Homie

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 15 July 2015 - 05:18 PM

Kenny Loggins!

Xing of Virtue
  • Xing of Virtue

Life makes no sense when fish are gay.

• BUSTED!
  • Antarctica

Posted 08 August 2015 - 04:00 PM

TBOGT, all because of charmy little Lou Lou.

Journey_95
  • Journey_95

Soldier

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 16 September 2015 - 10:51 PM Edited by Journey_95, 02 March 2016 - 04:17 PM.

AnDReJ98
  • AnDReJ98

Gangsta

• Daily Globe
  • Serbia
  • Contribution Award [DYOM]

Posted 26 September 2015 - 04:48 PM

Uh, it's a hard choice but i guess i will go with V. I don't mean anything bad about TBoGT, they are almost equal for me. Both games are good and similar in aspect of my enjoyment IMO. 

American Viking
  • American Viking

WKTT caller

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 28 September 2015 - 04:27 AM

I've got my complaints about both games, with the majority of them about GTA V, but I'll take a full game over DLC anyday. 

JON22
  • JON22

FECK U ALL >:(

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 October 2015 - 01:59 PM

Over the last few weeks, I've had more fun playing through vanilla GTA 4 to the Ballad of Gay Tony than GTA 5. Sure 5 has a big map and better graphics but lacks atmosphere and decent side activities. And the buzzard in TBOGT is fun as f*ck.
  • UshaB likes this

--Vega--
  • --Vega--

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 December 2015 - 05:25 PM

V no doubt. Not even a question. Liberty City becomes extremely claustrophobic after a while.

Though TBOGT was my fav from (IV, TLatD, & GT)

• Dangerous and sad likes this

zubcake77
  • zubcake77

Player Hater

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 25 December 2015 - 02:16 AM Edited by zubcake77, 25 December 2015 - 02:19 AM.

Come on guys just face it. oh omg nightclubs and fight clubs, im totally gonna spend my whole time playing that. GTAV  is way better its endless hours of fun you can do practically 10x times the stuff. No fight club, no 'nightclubs', no problems go the strip club, play tennis golf yoga go  buy a car and go off road go swimming and hunt sharks and theres so much more, for the first time they included more options then f*cking shooting around all day. And if you don't like that go to GTA online.

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

The Mystic Peephole

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 25 December 2015 - 12:41 PM Edited by B Dawg, 25 December 2015 - 12:41 PM.

So V is basically a retirement simulator. Tennis Golf Yoga Swimming lmfao. Off roading in V is boring with those kind of driving mechanics.

You mean to tell me you'd do all of those instead of going around fighting people, stealing cars/drugs and all?

• Scaglietti and UshaB like this

shadowoperative
  • shadowoperative

GTAO IS GOAT

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 26 December 2015 - 02:00 PM

V because GTAO.

I have an insurgent.  hydra.  yacht, kuruma.  and much more customization.

theGTAking101
  • theGTAking101

Get out of my sight, or I'll kill you.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 26 December 2015 - 10:30 PM

V because GTAO.

I have an insurgent.  hydra.  yacht, kuruma.  and much more customization.

You never disappoint.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users