Quantcast

» «
Photo

If you had to choose between TBOGT and V

173 replies to this topic

Poll: If you had to choose between TBOGT and V (168 member(s) have cast votes)

Which one would you rather play?

1. TBOGT (57 votes [33.93%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 33.93%

2. V (111 votes [66.07%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 66.07%

Vote Guests cannot vote
PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

Lt Phill Bellic. Law Enforcement Enthusiast.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 07 January 2015 - 04:19 AM

Even If V's PC version blows me away, and more than makes up for it's console version that I played (PS3), I still think TBOGT would still rank higher in my favourite GTA games list. :)

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

Evil Invaders Motorcycles

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 07 January 2015 - 10:47 AM Edited by B Dawg, 07 January 2015 - 10:47 AM.

Stoney, Stoney, Stoney. You might have VC as your favourite GTA, but you reek of GTA V fanboy. ;)

Stoney: VC > V > IV ?

ERROR! How does his mind work? This is worthy of research! :O

• Miamivicecity, Niobium and Midnight Hitman like this

Stoney0503
  • Stoney0503

Buster, Straight Buster

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 07 January 2015 - 02:41 PM

Stoney, Stoney, Stoney. You might have VC as your favourite GTA, but you reek of GTA V fanboy. ;)

Stoney: VC > V > IV ?

ERROR! How does his mind work? This is worthy of research! :O

I have my ways.

MotelGuy
  • MotelGuy

Co-Owner of Hercules

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 09 January 2015 - 01:03 AM

TBoGT simply because I adore K109, Hercules, Gay Tony, and DJ Karl Lagerfeld...

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

Lt Phill Bellic. Law Enforcement Enthusiast.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 19 January 2015 - 07:49 AM

I will add the Fight Club, the three additional police vehicles (the Police Bike should have been introduced in TLAD, though), and the TBOGT version of The Beat. I liked those additions.

• UshaB likes this

UshaB
  • UshaB

Untouchable

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 19 January 2015 - 08:03 AM

Definitely the Fight Club and loved John Legend's Greenlight. I'm hoping (as Franklin) for them to add the Queensbury Boxing Club for sparring and the manager of it is like,"Hey, your good kid. How would you like to make some paper" Franklin responds,"Yeah sure" and the manager leads you to the underworld of illegal cage fighting!!!

WATER DRAGON
  • WATER DRAGON

Rat

• Members

Posted 24 January 2015 - 09:12 PM

V, but just because I can't take the filter in TBOGT.

And shouldn't this be in the TBOGT section?

What filter? TBOGT didn't even have a filter. GTA4 had a grey filter and TLAD had a yellow filter.

MrDeSanta
  • MrDeSanta

Homie

• Members
  • El-Salvador

Posted 24 January 2015 - 09:48 PM

TBOGT and V have actually alot incommon. They both have over the top missions, they both have stupid protagonists (Luis is on the similar level as Franklin and Trevor) and they both have plenty of childish sex-jokes.

Conclusion: they are both overqualified for population under 15

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 24 January 2015 - 10:31 PM

What filter? TBOGT didn't even have a filter. GTA4 had a grey filter and TLAD had a yellow filter.

I'm guessing by filter he means all the bright colors all over the place, personally they ruin the look of the city, make it look oversaturated, not to mention the pink color on the hud and the menus, just ugly.

MrDeSanta
  • MrDeSanta

Homie

• Members
  • El-Salvador

Posted 24 January 2015 - 10:48 PM

That`s right. Actually TBOGT was the only game out of IV/EFLC trio that had a clear picture. IV had that blurry greyish filter and TLAD had that noise effect which could luckly be turned off unlike in IV where the blurr filter was there and you couldn`t do nothing about it.

TheKillerDonuts
  • TheKillerDonuts

Even on a diet, you can still eat a f*ckin bomb

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 January 2015 - 11:16 PM

Still TBoGT for me, even after the remastered version of V. Some cars in the new version of V are fun to drive, mainly the Stallion and Dukes, but others are still generally the same. Shooting is the same, too. I didn't expect those to change, though. Even the new stuff we did get isn't that cool. Monkey mosaics are another pointless collectible that unlocks the a cool designed, but still bastardized version of the Blista. Peyote is just more GTA V comedy cheese that is incredibly cringe inducing. The stock car races would be awesome, but way too easy. There may be more, but i forget the rest. The better graphics look amazing, but that's not what games are about. TBoGT runs on IV's engine, with the same shooting and driving, awesome new side jobs and guns and graphics that still hold up well today, at least by my standards. I also liked TBoGT's story and characters, not the best but i didn't dislike the story, like i do with V. So yeah. TBoGT still wins for me. I'm a broken record with this but - If it wasn't for GTA Online, i wouldn't play GTA V at all. I actually prefer playing GTA O by myself in private lobbies and playing solo missions than actually playing the free mode. I find it to be a way better single-player game, ironically, than GTA V.

• Miamivicecity and Niobium like this

Stoney0503
  • Stoney0503

Buster, Straight Buster

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 24 January 2015 - 11:54 PM

I actually prefer playing GTA O by myself in private lobbies and playing solo missions than actually playing the free mode. 

They're pretty much the same thing now because the lobbies are f*cking dead now.

Now I'm starting to miss the LSC freemode deathmatches.

• TheKillerDonuts likes this

TheKillerDonuts
  • TheKillerDonuts

Even on a diet, you can still eat a f*ckin bomb

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 January 2015 - 12:19 AM

Now I'm starting to miss the LSC freemode deathmatches.

lol that sh*t was fun on 360. Doesn't happen on the One.

• Stoney0503 likes this

Midnight Hitman
  • Midnight Hitman

Gay Tony's bodyguard

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 25 January 2015 - 05:00 AM

it seems like i posted here..i forgot what i posted, so i will repeat myself. 

TBoGT has LC in a bright setting, the gameplay from IV, the Tampa, Cage matches, tacky missions and flashy weapons. 

V has the lazer that goes with the huge map, ragdoll and insult button that goes with Trevor, cool cheats and it's not a DLC.

i like both, i can't bring myself to choose one.
  • Stoney0503 likes this

Tuff Luv Capo
  • Tuff Luv Capo

Looking for a black best friend- PM Me

• Feroci
  • United-States
  • Best Topic 2014 [Advice with girlfriends]

Posted 05 February 2015 - 07:22 AM

TBOGT was a great game and I enjoyed it more than Vanilla, but V is a different beast altogether. I wish so badly that V had taken place in Liberty City again because the scale was so off.

MrDeSanta
  • MrDeSanta

Homie

• Members
  • El-Salvador

Posted 05 February 2015 - 06:19 PM

If i compare these 2 games overall i`d pick V but when it comes to side crime activities then i`d pick TBOGT any day.

There`s one reason i like TBOGT so much;

DRUG WARS, DRUG WARS and DRUG WARS!! It`s my absolute No.1 side mission in any GTA game so far. Combine drug wars with explosive shotgun shells and you have pure action-packed GTA-oldschool style fun.

• Miamivicecity, B Dawg, theGTAking101 and 1 other like this

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 11 February 2015 - 07:30 PM

If i compare these 2 games overall i`d pick V but when it comes to side crime activities then i`d pick TBOGT any day.

There`s one reason i like TBOGT so much;

DRUG WARS, DRUG WARS and DRUG WARS!! It`s my absolute No.1 side mission in any GTA game so far. Combine drug wars with explosive shotgun shells and you have pure action-packed GTA-oldschool style fun.

I'd play Drug Wars if it wasn't so hard to start up TBOGT. Everytime I think about it I'm like 'I'd be doing injustice to TLAD by playing this, not to mention Armando and Henrique will constantly annoy me with their bullsh*t!' Removing Electro Choc via modding wasn't enough. I should do the same for San Juan.

J Cobra
  • J Cobra

Snitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 February 2015 - 02:59 AM

Even though The balled of gay tony is one of the best DLCs I've ever played. It still can't match the scope of GTA V at all, really. It's not much of a debate.

J Cobra
  • J Cobra

Snitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 February 2015 - 03:10 AM

TBOGT and V have actually alot incommon. They both have over the top missions, they both have stupid protagonists (Luis is on the similar level as Franklin and Trevor) and they both have plenty of childish sex-jokes.
Conclusion: they are both overqualified for population under 15

Franklin isn't stupid, he's actually most mature out of all them, and Trevor actually cares about his friends, and Luis just has sense. GTA V nor The balled of gay tony aren't for kids at all, and what proof do you have that kids play them? Jealous that they're more fun than GTA IV?

Vice City criminal
  • Vice City criminal

Bowling it's love, Bowling it's life.

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 February 2015 - 03:13 AM Edited by Vice City criminal, 16 February 2015 - 03:20 AM.

xfx3q8.jpg

P.S: But if I really had to choose I'd say TBOGT because Liberty City
P.S. 2: I know edited twice.

• Miamivicecity, B Dawg, Prince Gumball and 2 others like this

D3ADSH0T
  • D3ADSH0T

Courier 6

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

I played TBoGT excessively before V and enjoyed every second of it. Was the only game I played. But without thinking about the direction R* is going now, I'll pick V. There's still a lot of stuff tBoGT did better than V though.

Euphoria's far better
Driving physics are better imho
Peds don't die so easily.
Overall physics.
Repeatable side mission (drug wars)

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by B Dawg, 4 weeks ago.

So I gave TBOGT another shot several days ago, holy damn Drug Wars are fun and varied. Athough I use SNT to turn myself into Packie and use Niko as a bodyguard in classy suits but I stickybomb Armando and Henrique whenever they follow, apart from that I completely removed San Juan and Electro Choc from the game so they don't piss me off everytime I load up the game or enter certain cars.

Note: Niko's suit is not available in TBOGT, but it is in TLAD, so you copy his TLAD files into TBOGT if you wish to play around with him as well.

WOWkG4O.png

7LxbimQ.png

• maxpaynefan likes this

Doctor Ray
  • Doctor Ray

Don Piano

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 4 weeks ago

Wow, that´s a tough one. It´s like to choose between the devil and the deep blue sea.

Both are enjoyable, but only for a while, before they get more and more annoying. But let´s see...Liberty City, driving physics, Integrity 2.0 with Georgie available from the start, funny moments with Yusuf Amir (the scene when his father makes a surprise visit, lmao), automatic shotgun with explosive rounds...I´d say TBoGT.

Blaze7805
  • Blaze7805

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

V

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users