Quantcast

» «
Photo

If you had to choose between TBOGT and V

242 replies to this topic

Poll: If you had to choose between TBOGT and V (300 member(s) have cast votes)

Which one would you rather play?

1. TBOGT (135 votes [45.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 45.00%

2. V (165 votes [55.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 55.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Judicious 7
  • Judicious 7

Compassionate

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 August 2014 - 03:37 AM

Tricky poll. This time, I had to select V. I like the drug wars and managing a club at times, but TBoGT was really short, man. V is the same way, but I can get just a 'little' bit more out of V.

Everything else though, I'll choose The Ballad.
  • Algonquin Assassin likes this

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

• Members
  • Australia
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 16 September 2014 - 07:04 AM

I prefer the one that is set in Liberty City.

Cheers.

• Algonquin Assassin, namor and Kampret like this

Shadowfennekin
  • Shadowfennekin

Proud Saints Row and Pokemon Fanboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 September 2014 - 02:44 AM Edited by Shadowlarvitar, 17 September 2014 - 02:44 AM.

TBoGT-

Pros:

Yusuf

APC (Why didn't R* bring it back!?)

Nightclubs

Vehicle Triathlon

LC Cage Fight Betting

Cons:

Luis/Gary-sue Protag

Boring characters(Except Yusuf)

Bulgarin ruined

Waaaaay to over the top story and it's all sunshine and rainbows for Luis. No deaths, no loss.

GTA V-

Pros:

Trevor

Lamar

Better Random Events

Better Booty Calls(They DON'T leave you)

More features

Better graphics

Better strippers

Better rewards for getting collectibles

Better vehices/more variety/more customization

Los Santos

HEISTS

Stock Market Trick

Properties

Rocco dies

No Antagonist lives

EPIC story

Cons:

No option to kill Franklin

Johnny/Terry/Clay die (f*ck Ashley)

No friendship rewards

V wins easily

fefenc
  • fefenc

All are equal no discrimination, Son of a Gun, a simple equation

• BUSTED!
  • Brazil

Posted 17 September 2014 - 04:16 AM Edited by fefenc, 17 September 2014 - 04:23 AM.

The only thing I disliked on TBoGT was Super diamond handling, it's arcadish for me.

Apart from this, I'm sticky with my opinion, Luis Lopes is the best GTA HD era character, he's so much better than the jail bitch Michael, the cloth ironer Franklin and the methhead retarded Trevor, deal with it. And fk these Niko's fanboys, I hate depressive characters. Niko is as annoying as Dwayne, he's such a hypocrite that makes a sad face everytime he kills someone, he says he don't wanna keep doing this, but he always changes his mind immediately when someone puts 50 bucks on his hands, he's ranty, conplains 98% of the time and he's unbearable.

Luis is more happy, he bangs women across the LC. Damn, he has even piloted a golden chopper. By the other hand, Niko sucks.

• O.Z likes this

simonp92
  • simonp92

Whodunit?

• Members

Posted 17 September 2014 - 12:45 PM

The only thing I disliked on TBoGT was Super diamond handling, it's arcadish for me.

Apart from this, I'm sticky with my opinion, Luis Lopes is the best GTA HD era character, he's so much better than the jail bitch Michael, the cloth ironer Franklin and the methhead retarded Trevor, deal with it. And fk these Niko's fanboys, I hate depressive characters. Niko is as annoying as Dwayne, he's such a hypocrite that makes a sad face everytime he kills someone, he says he don't wanna keep doing this, but he always changes his mind immediately when someone puts 50 bucks on his hands, he's ranty, conplains 98% of the time and he's unbearable.

Luis is more happy, he bangs women across the LC. Damn, he has even piloted a golden chopper. By the other hand, Niko sucks.

Niko definitely doesn't  whine 98% of the time. CJ whines 98% of the time.

Kampret
  • Kampret

GabeN is fat.

• The Yardies
  • Indonesia

Posted 17 September 2014 - 01:46 PM

TBoGT-

Pros:

Yusuf

APC (Why didn't R* bring it back!?)

Nightclubs

Vehicle Triathlon

LC Cage Fight Betting

Cons:

Luis/Gary-sue Protag

Boring characters(Except Yusuf)

Bulgarin ruined

Waaaaay to over the top story and it's all sunshine and rainbows for Luis. No deaths, no loss.

GTA V-

Pros:

Trevor

Lamar

Better Random Events

Better Booty Calls(They DON'T leave you)

More features

Better graphics

Better strippers

Better rewards for getting collectibles

Better vehices/more variety/more customization

Los Santos

HEISTS

Stock Market Trick

Properties

Rocco dies

No Antagonist lives

EPIC story

Cons:

No option to kill Franklin

Johnny/Terry/Clay die (f*ck Ashley)

No friendship rewards

V wins easily

1. Isn't it ironic that V's story is a LOT more over-the-top with rainbows everywhere?

2. Most overrated character of GTA series.

3. With a LOT more REMOVED features.

4. One gives you a crappy space-decorated buggy, one gives you ten bucks, one gives you a sh*tty T-shirt. I'd rather have helos instead.

5. Well, if I include IV, Three Leaf Clover is unforgettable. TBoGT is a DLC.

6. That buggy bullsh*t where all R*'s focus goes? No thanks. I'd rather stick to EFLC Online.

7. Not if you chose A or B.

8. That piece of garbage is epic?

• simonp92, namor, dognuts and 3 others like this

Niobium
  • Niobium

england is my city

• Members
  • Canada
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 17 September 2014 - 03:49 PM Edited by nobum62, 17 September 2014 - 03:51 PM.

GTA V-
Pros:
Trevor f*ck trevor
Lamar ok, it's true that he's a funny side character
Better Random Events they are crap becausd they are scripted, and not random like RDR
Better Booty Calls(They DON'T leave you) f*ck booty calls
More features i'd take drug wars and L.C. cage fighters over the stock market, sports, and f*cking yoga any day.
Better graphics f*ck better graphics
Better strippers f*ck better strippers
Better rewards for getting collectibles ok true.
Better vehices/more variety/more customization ok it's true that LSC is a nice addition, and V's got better vehicle variety. but the actual car variety (not vehicle variety, car variety) is sh*t. supercars are everywhere. i keep seeing bullets and infernuses. i even saw adders sometimes
Los Santos ok true, the map is awesome
HEISTS the heists were done poorly because you were doing half of these heists for the FIB and not your own personal gain. also, 2 of the 6 heists don't give yoy any profit
Stock Market Trick i wish they actually did a good job on heists instead of addding stock market manipulation
Properties lazily slapped into the game. the missions are boring and it takes 500 in-game days to get back your profit.
Online motherf*ck online
Rocco dies wasted potential
No Antagonist lives stretch and the triad boss guy are the most unmemorable antags ever
EPIC story boring story. it was all over the place.

my replies are in bold
  • simonp92, dognuts, Payne Killer and 1 other like this

Gummy 
  • Gummy 

F*ck thyself

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 September 2014 - 12:36 PM

Honestly, as much as V sucked, I'd still choose it.

Undyne
  • Undyne

Incidentally Electronically Erased

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 18 September 2014 - 12:43 PM

I haven't played any of them due to the fact that I thought EFLC was too short to play and because I don't own a console for V. But I like TBOGT's atmosphere better. 

simonp92
  • simonp92

Whodunit?

• Members

Posted 18 September 2014 - 01:38 PM

I haven't played any of them due to the fact that I thought EFLC was too short to play and because I don't own a console for V. But I like TBOGT's atmosphere better. 

48 missions is too short? You are definitely missing out on EFLC. 

• Algonquin Assassin, IDAS Leader and WhiteLines like this

Snake Plissken
  • Snake Plissken

Snitch

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 18 September 2014 - 05:18 PM Edited by Snake Plissken, 18 September 2014 - 05:20 PM.

In my opinion the writing script really took a decline when The Ballad of Gay Tony was released and it showed in GTA V

Why can't TLAD be an option? That DLC alone could've been a fully fleshed out story and game.
  • simonp92 likes this

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

The Mystic Peephole

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 18 September 2014 - 05:32 PM Edited by B Dawg, 18 September 2014 - 05:34 PM.

In my opinion the writing script really took a decline when The Ballad of Gay Tony was released and it showed in GTA V

Why can't TLAD be an option? That DLC alone could've been a fully fleshed out story and game.

Well I made this topic about choosing between two evils, between one of the two sh*ttier GTAs (in my opinion), so TLAD and all other GTAs are out of the question (it was initially a poll made for TLAD fans considering both games are majorly different from IV and TLAD), and suprisingly, a good amount would choose TBOGT over V. It was interesting to see reasons for that. It kind of proves that V is a major fluke (again my opinion)

MrVance
  • MrVance

Playa

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 21 September 2014 - 05:58 PM

You should put an option between TBoGT and TLaD, not V. But anyway i voted for TBoGT just because of my personal distaste for any of 3 V`s protags. My thumbs down for TBoGT are only because of short game. Shame really, it`s a great game with awesome missions (IMO) so i`d want at least 90 missions. Plus great gang wars and LC cage fighting. And explosive shotgun shells, the best weapon in whole GTA history.

And after my 1.st V playthrough when Johnny got killed, i really lost my love for playing V. It made me sick actually, it made me grow hate for V which is otherwise good game but things like that screw all. I didn`t know what made R* to do that but it was the most f*cked up writing ever.

• Jeansowaty, Niobium and Payne Killer like this

IDAS Leader
  • IDAS Leader

We're not strong, We're injustice strong !!!

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 29 October 2014 - 04:52 PM Edited by IDAS Leader, 29 October 2014 - 04:53 PM.

The ballad maybe great for clubs, and hanging out but V has a lot more to offer.

• Jackson T and MrVance like this

Jackson T
  • Jackson T

V>SA>Garbage>IV. End of Discussion.

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 10 November 2014 - 05:56 PM

Why is this even a contest? Every episode in IV (Mainly the actual game) sucks dick compared to V.

johnstamosk2873
  • johnstamosk2873

Player Hater

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 10 November 2014 - 06:24 PM

Why is this even a contest? Every episode in IV (Mainly the actual game) sucks dick compared to V.

GFY!

• Jeansowaty likes this

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

We're all looking for that special someone

• Members
  • Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 11 November 2014 - 12:06 PM

I find it disturbing when a GTA V fanboy draws a comparison to sucking a dick.
  • B Dawg, gunziness, dognuts and 7 others like this

MrVance
  • MrVance

Playa

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 11 November 2014 - 05:02 PM Edited by MrVance, 11 November 2014 - 05:02 PM.

Lol, i can`t help myself but i got to laugh on this even if i`m a sort of V fan myself. You sir have a great sense of humor. And i mean that.   :rol:

Jackson T
  • Jackson T

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 12 November 2014 - 05:01 PM

Hey don't get me wrong GTA IV isn't the worst game in the world.  But I wouldn't start by saying it's better than V. There's a whole lot a of OWGs that beat the day lights out of IV, simply because there ain't any to do.

GFY!

Oh so you want to see me make love to myself? Weird...

dognuts
  • dognuts

stoney0503 is the best member on this site on god

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 November 2014 - 02:08 AM Edited by thekillerdonuts, 13 November 2014 - 02:25 AM.

Rashmoov18 bumped a 2 week old thread just to spread hate and start fights.

gg

OT: Said it already, but TBoGT runs on IV's engine, which i find infinitely better. I also like the story and characters more. TBoGT gets my vote.

• Payne Killer likes this

Payne Killer
  • Payne Killer

f*ck you

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 November 2014 - 02:14 AM

TBOGT all the way. :)
  • O.Z and dognuts like this

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

• Members
  • Australia
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 13 November 2014 - 03:37 AM

Hey don't get me wrong GTA IV isn't the worst game in the world.  But I wouldn't start by saying it's better than V. There's a whole lot a of OWGs that beat the day lights out of IV, simply because there ain't any to do.

I can say the same thing about GTA V as well. All it does better to me is on the technical front and even that's questionable. Not only are GTA IV/EFLC better games to me than GTA V... VC and hell SA even are. I'd even go as far as saying as SR2 is a better game than GTA V since it's packed with a lot of crime related side content that GTA V lacks horribly.

GTA V is a good game that looks amazing and all, but most of us don't play GTA games for looks. I'll always have much more respect for GTA IV/EFLC as I feel like R* were much more honest back then and they didn't put online ahead of single player like they're doing with GTAO.

• O.Z, B Dawg, dognuts and 2 others like this

IDAS Leader
  • IDAS Leader

We're not strong, We're injustice strong !!!

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 13 November 2014 - 10:06 PM Edited by IDAS Leader, 13 November 2014 - 10:07 PM.

I can say the same thing about GTA V as well. All it does better to me is on the technical front and even that's questionable. Not only are GTA IV/EFLC better games to me than GTA V... VC and hell SA even are. I'd even go as far as saying as SR2 is a better game than GTA V since it's packed with a lot of crime related side content that GTA V lacks horribly.

GTA V is a good game that looks amazing and all, but most of us don't play GTA games for looks. I'll always have much more respect for GTA IV/EFLC as I feel like R* were much more honest back then and they didn't put online ahead of single player like they're doing with GTAO.

Sorry to intrude, but I do think GTA V is better than all those, even though they're all good. Saint's Row 2, and San Andreas, you do have your reasons for liking them better, IV sort of, but Vice City??? You're going to have to have an explaintion for that one. That game can't stack up to V at all.

They put a lot of fun and more detail into the singleplayer than IV, and rest of the episodes combined. It actually things to do. The only reason why you think that GTAO is their main focus is simply because there are no story DLCs, it has more content, it's there, and it's better than IV's multiplayer. Sorry if I came off a little hard but it's accurate.

• Algonquin Assassin and Jackson T like this

MrVance
  • MrVance

Playa

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 13 November 2014 - 10:07 PM Edited by MrVance, 13 November 2014 - 10:20 PM.

It is almost imposible to compare a fully developed story to some half and badly developed DLC about some Dominican Don Juan who works for some gay named Tony and f*cks every pussy he can find in those disgusting night clubs.

TBOGT isn`t a bad game but compare to V it looks like a cheap telenovela, full of slimy characters.

I can still remember how TBOGT was a hated and even underrated game and Luis was rated as a worst GTA protagonist ever- it was on this forum.

But now all the suddenly everyone likes it just because it`s compared to V.

And other than that you can`t compare a DLC to the main title. TBOGT should be compared to TLAD not to V or any other main title. And even if the story would be good (like it was in TLAD) it would still be impossible for comparing it to the main title since you can`t develope such opinion and loyalty for a game that has only 26 short missions.

And btw, what do you mean by IV`s engine did it better? How can something that is outdated do it better than something new?

Jackson T
  • Jackson T

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 13 November 2014 - 10:12 PM Edited by rahsmoov18, 13 November 2014 - 10:13 PM.

Bullsh*t. Saint's row 2 is a glitch fest, San Andreas is overrated to hell, GTA IV has no content whatsoever, and GTA Vice city is completely outdated.

Rashmoov18 bumped a 2 week old thread just to spread hate and start fights.

gg

OT: Said it already, but TBoGT runs on IV's engine, which i find infinitely better. I also like the story and characters more. TBoGT gets my vote.

f*ck off.

dognuts
  • dognuts

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 November 2014 - 10:59 PM

f*ck off.

If you love V so much, how about you f*ck off out of the IV section?

• B Dawg, Tycek, Jeansowaty and 4 others like this

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

• Members
  • Australia
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 14 November 2014 - 12:52 AM

Sorry to intrude, but I do think GTA V is better than all those, even though they're all good. Saint's Row 2, and San Andreas, you do have your reasons for liking them better, IV sort of, but Vice City??? You're going to have to have an explaintion for that one. That game can't stack up to V at all.

They put a lot of fun and more detail into the singleplayer than IV, and rest of the episodes combined. It actually things to do. The only reason why you think that GTAO is their main focus is simply because there are no story DLCs, it has more content, it's there, and it's better than IV's multiplayer. Sorry if I came off a little hard but it's accurate.

Even though VC lacks the mechanical advancements of the newer games I like the story more in VC and I think the empire building is better than the properties in GTA V. I've always considered VC to have the best melee weapons in the series too and it has some unique interiors like the airport and shopping mall which I'm surprised the newer games don't have. Not even SA.

Despite its outdated mechanics it's still a fun game to play to me. I have more fun than in GTA V and GTA IV/EFLC are also more fun to me as well. Like I've said many times before I appreciate the technical leaps made in GTA V, but for all I care it can have the biggest map all it wants it always feels like something's missing to me. It just feels "hollow" everytime I try to play. It's a really good open world game in fact, but IMO it's not a great GTA.

• B Dawg, Tycek, dognuts and 2 others like this

dognuts
  • dognuts

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 November 2014 - 12:57 AM

Speaking of VC, i'm replaying it again on PC. The gunshot sounds, for whatever reason, are really satisfying. Lance keeps getting killed in Death Row though xD

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

• Members
  • Australia
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 14 November 2014 - 12:59 AM

Lance keeps getting killed in Death Row though xD

I just use a Rhino. :ph34r:

• dognuts and WhiteLines like this

dognuts
  • dognuts

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 November 2014 - 01:07 AM

I just use a Rhino. :ph34r:

haha, but I haven't completed VC yet without cheats, so that's a main reason i am replaying it - to add it to my legitimately beaten GTA list.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users