Quantcast

» «
Photo

If you had to choose between TBOGT and V

72 replies to this topic

Poll: If you had to choose between TBOGT and V (80 member(s) have cast votes)

Which one would you rather play?

1. TBOGT (31 votes [38.75%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 38.75%

2. V (49 votes [61.25%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 61.25%

Vote Guests cannot vote
B Dawg
  • B Dawg

What exactly are we doing?

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 30 June 2014 - 10:41 AM

Vote

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

THIS ONE GOES OUT TO ALL THE RAVERS IN THE NATION.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 June 2014 - 11:02 AM

V, but just because I can't take the filter in TBOGT.

And shouldn't this be in the TBOGT section?

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 01 July 2014 - 06:55 PM Edited by B Dawg, 01 July 2014 - 07:20 PM.

Well this was supposed to be for TLAD fans because both games are very different to IV and TLAD in their own ways.

TBOGT: Ok protagonist, Bouncer, works in a club with sh*tty music, good gameplay and side activities, Yusuf, arab money, nitrous.

V: Three protagonists,

Spoiler
, giant map, heists, 3x the missions, dumbed down gameplay, forced aiding mechanics (hitmarkers, kill flash), ugly supercars, health regeneration

f*ck, I think I would go for TBOGT.

Could be edited to add more reasons for each game*

• theGTAking101 and MrVance like this

nobum62
  • nobum62

Douchebag who owns a chromed Furore GT

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 01 July 2014 - 07:07 PM

TBOGT, because the story pisses me off a lot less than V with Johnny not being cheaply killed by a "badass". Plus Yusuf Amir niggas!!
  • theGTAking101, Drunken Cowboy, LancerG2 and 1 other like this

Webster.
  • Webster.

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 July 2014 - 08:15 PM

As much as I dislike V, I can't stand TBOGT. The game is far too restricted and less more things to do. V has way more benefits than TBOGT.

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 02 July 2014 - 11:21 AM Edited by B Dawg, 02 July 2014 - 11:25 AM.

As much as I dislike V, I can't stand TBOGT. The game is far too restricted and less more things to do. V has way more benefits than TBOGT.

It might have less, but better. I think I'd take Underground Fight Tournaments and Drug Wars over Yoga and Arms Trafficking.

Besides, in TBOGT, you can grab an LMG/RPG/Explosive Shotgun and shoot 50+ people in Hercules + Maisonette 9. That sh*t is fun, coupled with Simple Native Trainer to be Niko or Johnny.

• thekillerdonuts likes this

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

We're all looking for that special someone

• Australia
  • Best Member In An Official Group 2012

Posted 02 July 2014 - 11:49 AM

TBOGT.

I never used to like TBOGT very much. I guess it took me a few years to warn up to it. It's actually a very good game in its own right and feels more unique than GTA V. It also has enterable nightclubs. Something GTA V should have.

I still prefer GTA IV and TLAD, but at least it tries to be its own game. GTA V is confused and doesn't know whether it wants to be SA or GTA IV.
  • universetwisters, theNGclan, vengeancehawk and 4 others like this

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 02 July 2014 - 02:51 PM

I would pick TBoGT without a second thought.

Story was rather weak, but at least it was there and had some pretty cool ending with a quite dark twist. First time I've did it I was smiling widely, parachuting down while listening to No Security.

Luis was asshole and womanizer, who character was more shallow than a piss creek, but at the same time he was kinda likeable, which was not a factor in V.

It was just an add-on, but it still managed to add some new things, like parachuting, new weapons, fight club and drug wars. I don't have to tell you that was ten times better than yoga.

I am not a fan of the TBoGT radio stations, which pretty much ruined the original ones from IV, but I can live with it.  

• SonOfLiberty, thekillerdonuts, matajuegos01 and 1 other like this

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 02 July 2014 - 07:18 PM

I am not a fan of the TBoGT radio stations, which pretty much ruined the original ones from IV, but I can live with it.  

True, but you still got LCHC, Liberty Rock Radio, Radio Broker and that stuff to satisfy.

Webster.
  • Webster.

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 July 2014 - 07:22 PM

It might have less, but better. I think I'd take Underground Fight Tournaments and Drug Wars over Yoga and Arms Trafficking.

Besides, in TBOGT, you can grab an LMG/RPG/Explosive Shotgun and shoot 50+ people in Hercules + Maisonette 9. That sh*t is fun, coupled with Simple Native Trainer to be Niko or Johnny.

The Fight Tournaments and Drug Wars were fun, but GTA V has more side missions than just two. The side missions were good, but that's about it. The missions in the game were rubbish and totally fake. To be honest, I'm not really into games for the fun. What I mean by that is that I enjoy some realism and reality in the missions. I do like a bit of fun, but not an overload of it. TBOGT is just a bad game, in my opinion. Would pick TLAD and GTA IV over GTA V any day.  :^:

• LancerG2 likes this

HoleInTheSky
  • HoleInTheSky

Dullard

• Members
  • England

Posted 04 July 2014 - 01:10 AM

For a full release game like GTA V compared to an episodic mission pack, this is a strange comparison. I disliked TBOGT for the most part, but played it through to complete IV's trinity.

Drunken Cowboy
  • Drunken Cowboy

A Young Filipino Boy Playing Hands-Free Catch-the-Quarter

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Topic 2013 "The Identity Crisis: The Problems with V's story."

Posted 04 July 2014 - 02:45 AM

Kinda unfair considering one's a DLC... still gotta go for Liberty, though.

• SonOfLiberty likes this

LancerG2
  • LancerG2

The Lost MC [Vice President]

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 04 July 2014 - 02:51 AM Edited by LancerG2, 04 July 2014 - 02:51 AM.

V.

It had a gritter feeling in the countryside by Blaine County, besides it pissed me off every f*cking 10 seconds when Luis goes...

"Oye, bro, Oye, Oye, blah blah, Gay Tony, f*ck you, Oye".

• vengeancehawk and The Odyssey like this

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

We're all looking for that special someone

• Australia
  • Best Member In An Official Group 2012

Posted 04 July 2014 - 03:12 AM

Kinda unfair considering one's a DLC... still gotta go for Liberty, though.

It's not really unfair consideing it has its strengths that upstage a full game like GTA V. Shows how good of a job R* done on EFLC really.

• AAR, fefenc and Webster. like this

ssbawesome
  • ssbawesome

With LCS, there's no BS.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 July 2014 - 03:27 AM

It's you and me against the world.

Mr_Leone
  • Mr_Leone

The Liberty City Experience

• Members

Posted 05 July 2014 - 05:23 AM

Luis isn't that annoying tbh. He really does care about Tony.

FootFetishBoy
  • FootFetishBoy

i Love Chicks Feet like quentin

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 12 July 2014 - 11:03 PM Edited by FootFetishBoy, 12 July 2014 - 11:03 PM.

TBOGT.

I never used to like TBOGT very much. I guess it took me a few years to warn up to it. It's actually a very good game in its own right and feels more unique than GTA V. It also has enterable nightclubs. Something GTA V should have.

I still prefer GTA IV and TLAD, but at least it tries to be its own game. GTA V is confused and doesn't know whether it wants to be SA or GTA IV.

i think it was trying to be a Combination of both so they could please both sides of the   Fanbase i would Applaud R* For that rather than slate them for it.

OT 

Im Actually kinda torn both are fun games with Decent Entertaining Stories (TBOGT Has the very slight edge imo) But Overall i would have to Edge it  over  To  V.

ddyoung
  • ddyoung

Get freaky... Not that freaky

• Members
  • England

Posted 13 July 2014 - 05:34 AM

While TBOGT was a lot of fun and was way over the top and just allowed players to be crazy, it was still just a DLC. GTA V is a whole game that is over the top and crazy, with a great map, albeit not as detailed or life like as LC.

Keegeroo
  • Keegeroo

~

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 July 2014 - 08:05 PM

If we're talking story, TBOGT. (even though the dialogue kills me sometimes.)

For longevity, V. Much more to do, a lot more customization.

SFPD officer
  • SFPD officer

What do I look like I'm made of? Pudding?

• Members
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 19 July 2014 - 08:17 AM Edited by SFPD officer, 19 July 2014 - 08:18 AM.

TBoGT worked well when put in one package with vanilla IV and TLaD. On its own? I'm not sure. The story was non-existant, the protagonist was horrible and side-missions were rather shallow compared to IV's and TLaD's. But missions, gameplay-wise, were probably the best in the whole series, there were some terrific supporting characters (Tony, Bulgarin, Yusuf, Mori) and Houser and co. were at their best when it came to comedy.

It's really hard picking between those games. If I had TBoGT without great things carried over from IV and TLaD (Liberty City as the setting, driving physics, Drug/Gang Wars etc.), I'd probably pick V. Those two games are very similar, but V actually had some plot (no matter how weak it was), it had Michael and his character arc and it had the countryside and those things edge TBoGT out a little bit.
  • Darth_Starkiller and matajuegos01 like this

Ape1337
  • Ape1337

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 20 July 2014 - 06:59 PM

From a multiplayer standpoint, TBOGT simply due to the amount of aerial combat that took place with the buzzards ( same with IV's annie ). It always brought me back for more and it never got old to me. If only the lazer jet was purchasable and easy to get then maybe their would be more fighter pilots in the air in V online.

TommyBellic13
  • TommyBellic13

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 July 2014 - 04:46 PM

Tbogt felt like the base for 5 for me especially when things like golfing, parachuting, explosive gameplay got their starts in tbogt and then fully developed in 5 so Id pick 5. That being said TBOGT feels like the perfect balance between 5 and 4 when I play now so if my choice was between 4 or TBOGT itd be tough choice

DJ_DC99
  • DJ_DC99

Local Troll

• BUSTED!
  • Portugal

Posted 09 August 2014 - 02:05 AM

V, as 5 is superior to 4.
Anyways, TBoGT has got the best radio station, Electro Shoc. That's the best music in all GTA games.

Shadowlarvitar
  • Shadowlarvitar

Proud Saints Row Fanboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 August 2014 - 06:19 AM

*tosses TBoGT out the window*

Trevor wins. Goodbye Luis.

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 12 August 2014 - 10:51 AM

TBoGT has got the best radio station, Electro Shoc. That's the best music in all GTA games

I BANISH YOU TO THE ETERNAL PITS OF FIRE!

Bathory_BlackMark.jpg

• Voit Turyv and LancerG2 like this

DJ_DC99
  • DJ_DC99

Local Troll

• BUSTED!
  • Portugal

Posted 12 August 2014 - 01:11 PM

TBoGT has got the best radio station, Electro Shoc. That's the best music in all GTA games

I BANISH YOU TO THE ETERNAL PITS OF FIRE!

Bathory_BlackMark.jpg
I was born there.

RandomStunt
  • RandomStunt

The freaks come out at night..

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 12 August 2014 - 01:35 PM Edited by RandomStunt, 12 August 2014 - 01:36 PM.

Tbogt. i can't stand working for the FiB and driving a thousand f*cking miles to a forest to take a crap. And Trevor sucks like a vacuum full of dicks. I bet any other protagonist could blast his brains out like a egg burst without even trying.

thekillerdonuts
  • thekillerdonuts

Jelly Filled

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 August 2014 - 01:45 PM

TBoGT has a better story, better protagonist (as unlikable as Luis is, i still prefer him over the V trio), better gameplay (i prefer the IV style driving, shooting and Euphoria physics over V's) and better side missions. Contrary to some, i like the radio, too. Especially the new Vladivostok. The EFLC disc came with a few new stations as well, with Vice City FM being amazing. V doesn't have anything going for it, in my opinion. I said this so many times before, but the only reason i still have my GTA 5 disc is for the Online.

In short: TBoGT, with a landslide victory.

vengeancehawk
  • vengeancehawk

Ain't No Mark Ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 August 2014 - 02:45 PM

The Buzzard in TBOGT is 10000000x more badass than GTA V's.

• Kampret likes this

fefenc
  • fefenc

Luis Lopez is The Best HD era GTA Character Ever Created

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 12 August 2014 - 03:06 PM

The Buzzard in TBOGT is 10000000x more badass than GTA V's.

it's a GOLDEN buzzard, it's obvious it'll be more badass than V's one ;)

• Kampret likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users