Quantcast

» «
Photo

The Gta V debate

68 replies to this topic

Poll: What has made gta the gta that it is today? (123 member(s) have cast votes)

What has made gta the gta that it is today?

1. Gameplay (108 votes [87.80%])

Percentage of vote: 87.80%

2. Graphic's (15 votes [12.20%])

Percentage of vote: 12.20%

Vote Guests cannot vote
snakewithoutatongue
  • snakewithoutatongue

gta shooter

• Members

Posted 30 June 2014 - 04:14 AM

So i have seen many gta fan's criticizing rockstar on not adding much replay value in gta V.so to clear all doubts what has made gta the gta that it is today gameplay or graphics???

L0SS4NT0SK1LL3RV
  • L0SS4NT0SK1LL3RV

"You know what T? I'm getting too old for this non sens

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 30 June 2014 - 04:27 AM

gameplay/story/graphics/content can't say only one.

• theGTAking101 and LightningLord411 like this

TheTechPoTaToCHIP
  • TheTechPoTaToCHIP

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 30 June 2014 - 04:47 AM

Who ever says there isnt replay value in GTA V is a total f*cking moron. It has the most replay value in the entire series! Just watch the angry joe review.
  • Fuzzknuckles, John Smith, Cakelover21 and 1 other like this

snakewithoutatongue
  • snakewithoutatongue

gta shooter

• Members

Posted 30 June 2014 - 05:06 AM Edited by snakewithoutatongue, 30 June 2014 - 05:07 AM.

Who ever says there isnt replay value in GTA V is a total f*cking moron. It has the most replay value in the entire series! Just watch the angry joe review.

gta's has nothing to do with angry sh*t joe gta 5 is can be good if they add more activities in later DLC releases

• Osho likes this

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Get Love Fisted

• Australia
  • Best Member In An Official Group 2012

Posted 30 June 2014 - 05:51 AM

I think GTA V has adequate replay value..well up until Trevor arrives in LS. I always lose interest after that point, but if I kept a master save I would probably play it more than I do now.

However the game is in need of some of DLC, but I don't mean more of these vehicle and weapons packs.
  • sqre, kj2022, Chips237 and 2 others like this

Osho
  • Osho

The Jackal

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 June 2014 - 07:38 AM

Graphics is NOT important than the GAMEPLAY!!!

I paid, in the hope for another excellent GTA gameplay, but got only a better looking game showing off impressive details and huge map, but failed to deliver the gameplay in its entirety to the level of satisfaction seen in the previous games.
  • sqre and shadyslady like this

Hotband
  • Hotband

Cheesehead

• Members
  • Iran

Posted 30 June 2014 - 06:06 PM

LOL some kids actually voted for graphics? Gameplay obviously.

John Smith
  • John Smith

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 30 June 2014 - 06:30 PM

This.

V is the first edition in the franchise to offer mission options. Sure, IV had options to let a character live or die, but there is no way on earth that they can be compared with the scale and diversity of the heist selections in V. It actually felt like playing a new game on my 2nd playthrough, and I can't say too many games out there leave that impression. And another neat little surprise I found was that some missions can actually be played out differently depending on which protag you approach the blip with. All of this adds immensely to replay value and completely invalidates the "wah only 69 missions wah" complaints.

As for the poll; gameplay will always be the priority over graphics (and story for that matter), but V was breathtakingly beautiful so the game ticked both boxes!

• Trevorphilipjfry likes this

Andreas
  • Andreas

GTA V/Online Forum Leader

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Austria
  • Best Avatar 2013
    Best New Member 2012
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 30 June 2014 - 06:47 PM Edited by Andreas, 30 June 2014 - 07:06 PM.

Gameplay is what made GTA the popular series it is today, however, I don't think you can say that graphics don't play an important role in videogames. Just for the record, graphics don't necessarily refer to the visual quality, since the art direction has also an important impact on it. Even if people claim that their games games are graphically not very impressive, the art direction is what makes Rockstar titles look good - and that includes all the games they have ever made. The lightning, for example, looks really amazing in V, and that is on at least eight years old hardware. Just imagine the potential it has on the next-generation systems.

On the other hand, gameplay shouldn't be neglected for good graphics, as it is what makes games fun in the first place. Then again, gameplay goes hand in hand with the storyline in openworld titles, like GTA. If the gameplay is way over-the-top, then the odds are that the story suffers from it - and San Andreas would be a prime example, in my honest opinion.

What a great openworld game needs, in my opinion, is a balance between good graphics, fun gameplay and a well-written story. Sacrificing one aspect of a game for the other two might be acceptable, dependent on the case, but sacrificing two aspects for the third is not. Why'd anyone want to play a game with a good story, but bad gameplay and a crappy story? Why'd anyone want to play a game with amazing graphics, but a disappointing story and underwhelming gameplay? Or, why would anyone want to play a game with supposedly great gameplay, but a sucky story and bad graphics?

Openworld titles have three important aspects, in my view, and not just two as implied by this topic. I think that all three of them are equally important. Therefore, I'm null voting. Scratch that; I just read the poll, and I'm voting for gameplay.
  • Jimbatron, TJtheS2000fan, android and 2 others like this

Khaos89
  • Khaos89

Has a small willy

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 30 June 2014 - 06:48 PM

Definitely gameplay.

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Public Enemy #1

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 June 2014 - 06:56 PM

GTA V easily has the most replay value of any GTA.

Arya35
  • Arya35

Homie

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 June 2014 - 06:59 PM Edited by Arya35, 30 June 2014 - 07:00 PM.

I personally find San Andreas a lot more enjoyable than gta v. The only thing gta v has over it is superior graphics, physics, and fun missions. I found the gta v map a bit disappointing, due to the fact that it only has one city. I'm surprised R* never went back to multiple cities, since that's what I think gave San Andreas its replay value.

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Public Enemy #1

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 June 2014 - 07:03 PM

I personally find San Andreas a lot more enjoyable than gta v. The only thing gta v has over it is superior graphics, physics, and fun missions. I found the gta v map a bit disappointing, due to the fact that it only has one city. I'm surprised R* never went back to multiple cities, since that's what I think gave San Andreas its replay value.

Multiple cities with the level of detail we have now takes soooooo much work unless you copy and paste a sh*tton of it.
  • A.O.D.88 likes this

Arya35
  • Arya35

Homie

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 June 2014 - 07:07 PM

Multiple cities with the level of detail we have now takes soooooo much work unless you copy and paste a sh*tton of it.

They had 5 years to make the game, and they wasted a lot of time by designing the ocean, since barely anyone uses it. Of course it would take a lot of effort but I feel that's why this game doesn't have the same replay value as San Andreas.
  • sqre, ViceCityStalker and matajuegos01 like this

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Public Enemy #1

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 June 2014 - 07:14 PM

What replay value did San Andreas have? Nothing was different when you went through the story. No matter what you did, nothing would be different. If you played through the story twice, you'd have the same experience twice.

That's not true of GTA V.
  • Miamivicecity, TJtheS2000fan and A.O.D.88 like this

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Get Love Fisted

• Australia
  • Best Member In An Official Group 2012

Posted 01 July 2014 - 03:12 AM

What replay value did San Andreas have? Nothing was different when you went through the story. No matter what you did, nothing would be different. If you played through the story twice, you'd have the same experience twice.

That's not true of GTA V.

But at least you could participate in exciting activities such as the gym, dancing, valet, quarry, trucking missions etc.

• sqre, Official General, TheMasterfocker and 2 others like this

Osho
  • Osho

The Jackal

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 July 2014 - 03:53 AM Edited by Osho, 01 July 2014 - 03:58 AM.

Strangers and Freaks, Random events, Tennis, Yoga, Flight school, Parachute jumps, Cinema, 1 strip club, closed interiors, and Prostitutes add lots and lots of replay value in GTA V.

But not that much for me as in GTA SA, and even GTA VC, at least!

ViceCityStalker
  • ViceCityStalker

Balls Deep Inside Candy Suxxx

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 01 July 2014 - 04:07 AM

Gameplay,GTA has always been about the gameplay they have never been at the forefront in the graphics department,however their attention to detail and their world/object modelling are second to none.

f*ck that noise focker,if Rockstar used a couple of their studios it wouldn`t take that long for multiple cities and most of everything in games is copy and paste,why would they have to make seperate light posts or road textures for a different city,nope they would not.,I`m so f*cking tired of people saying one city is enough it`s 2014 for f*ck sakes.

• sqre likes this

bish0p2004
  • bish0p2004

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 01 July 2014 - 04:19 AM

Gameplay is definitely the answer.

However, in my opinion, gameplay has taken a backseat to graphics in the HD era unfortunately.
  • sqre, Official General, Osho and 1 other like this

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Public Enemy #1

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 July 2014 - 04:52 AM Edited by TheMasterfocker, 01 July 2014 - 04:52 AM.

if Rockstar used a couple of their studios it wouldn`t take that long for multiple cities

You're wrong. It'd probably take longer, seeing as they now have to communicate across multiple studios, while those multiple studios are only using very little resources to work on said city, because those other studios are working on other games.

It'd take longer. Not to mention the fact that trial and error would be a lot worse because of the multiple studios.

most of everything in games is copy and paste

Yes and no. More no, I'd say.

why would they have to make seperate light posts or road textures for a different city

They don't.

But...You're just going to ignore everything else about a city?

Last I remember, cities aren't made up of just light posts and roads.

I`m so f*cking tired of people saying one city is enough

It's a good thing no one said that.

it`s 2014 for f*ck sakes.

Indeed it is. And we just got consoles that have more than half a gig of RAM.

Here, this may sound better. I know it sure does to me:

"I'm so tired of people having no idea about technology used around them all the time, or any idea about what they talk about at all. It's 2014 for f*cks sake."

How's that sound?

snakewithoutatongue
  • snakewithoutatongue

gta shooter

• Members

Posted 01 July 2014 - 06:00 AM

they could have used multiple studios and dan houser could have made story much better if he could not have wasted time in making trevor crazy.

• sqre likes this

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Public Enemy #1

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 July 2014 - 06:13 AM

they could have used multiple studios and dan houser could have made story much better if he could not have wasted time in making trevor crazy.

Do you believe that? Do you really believe that?

Osho
  • Osho

The Jackal

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 July 2014 - 06:16 AM

Speaking of, nothing would be different if you played through GTA SA story is absolutely FALSE!
There are good number of missions that allow the players to plan on having, at least more than one approaches or techniques, to better describe it as "not the same" feel to it.
Now the players are informed in GTA V what needs to be done in order to complete the missions for 100%?????

Basically, some genius thought it'd be cool to reward players with different requirements in mission system like, fastest speed, mission times, better first takes, achieve certain numbers, or even Kill 5 soldiers by shooting them on the head.. LMAO!!!..
Yup, I can see replay "options", but that's utter casualized version of an open ended approach, where shooting five soldiers on head shows that the target audience are some kids or with no taste to something BETTER!

GTA SA ( not speaking of the console version ), at least has no such silly system in the quest designs, and still the story missions offered good replay value, definitely no lesser than GTA V.
Saying there's absolutely NONE in GTA SA is Bullsh*t!!!
  • sqre, matajuegos01 and Sofa like this

matajuegos01
  • matajuegos01

Stalker

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 July 2014 - 06:17 AM

Do you believe that? Do you really believe that?

Obviously not, haha, when Trevor comes to the equation everything goes to sh*t.

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Public Enemy #1

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 July 2014 - 12:26 PM

Osho, but did those have any effect on the cutscenes afterward? If not, then it's still the same, like I said.

DanTFC
  • DanTFC

Thug

• Members

Posted 01 July 2014 - 12:31 PM

problem is kids these days worry more about how the game looks than gameplay

• Kampret and Xanbukka like this

AndrewDeSanta
  • AndrewDeSanta

Republitarian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 July 2014 - 01:16 PM

I've said it before and I'll say it a thousand times again. Gameplay is what makes a GTA game, graphics are just a nice accessory. 

• sqre and Kampret like this

Osho
  • Osho

The Jackal

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 July 2014 - 01:24 PM

TheMasterfocker, I think no one really mentioned about the replay value with respect to "story" rather the "story missions", and gameplay in general.

..but did those have any effect on the cutscenes afterward?

Not that I remember.
But, that really isn't the main concern.
Since, how much big of a difference "cutscenes" make to replay value?
Not much! The missions around the story where you actually "play" them matters to me, and for what it is worth playing.
As I said in the last post, GTA V has more like a customized set of objectives, handpicked by the designers for making optional rewards contributing to replay factor for the most.

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 01 July 2014 - 01:32 PM

I think GTA V has adequate replay value..well up until Trevor arrives in LS. I always lose interest after that point, but if I kept a master save I would probably play it more than I do now.

However the game is in need of some of DLC, but I don't mean more of these vehicle and weapons packs.

I have a master save - my 100% save. I can play any mission again or free-roam. I have no need to use Trevor unless I'm replaying one of his missions. 

Simple as cake. 

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Public Enemy #1

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 July 2014 - 01:47 PM

What I mean is this:

If SA had missions where you were able to play said mission multiple ways, but it all ended the same, then what's the point? There's no change. You can do whatever and still see the same thing.

That's not the case for GTA V. It's not missions, but you can trigger different cutscenes by choosing which character to enter said cutscene with.

The first is not replay value. The second is, as you must play multiple times to see everything that's available.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users