16GB insufficient storage?

4 replies to this topic
SaveTheZombies
  • SaveTheZombies

We Only Want Your Brains

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 June 2014 - 02:12 AM

My wife got a new phone and wanted vice city or gta3 on it but with each one it said she had insufficient external storage. The game isn't even 2 gigs and her brand new mico sd card is 16GB.

The Play store gave her a refund but why wouldn't it install?

Girish
  • Girish

Leone Family Mafia

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 01 July 2014 - 07:07 AM

What phone is it? And what's the internal memory capacity? By default, the game gets installed into the phone's memory. You can move it to the SD card later on if your phone supports it.

• SaveTheZombies likes this

SaveTheZombies
  • SaveTheZombies

We Only Want Your Brains

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 July 2014 - 07:01 PM

Thank you.

Yea, she figured that when she saw that it had 2gb internal memory. She returned it because there was a bunch of problems with her last phone which had low internal memory; a bunch of necessary apps stop working. Now she's playing San Andreas on her new one

But why does it say low internal memory?

Girish
  • Girish

Leone Family Mafia

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 07 July 2014 - 06:51 AM

Because the available memory is insufficient. Out of the total internal memory, some of it is already consumed by the OS. Additionally, new apps get installed into the internal memory as well. Cached data is stored in the internal memory as well. This is why you should always check if the phone you're buying supports movement of apps to SD card so that you can keep internal memory free as much as possible.

Andreaz1
  • Andreaz1

Anything 80's

• Members
  • Sweden
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 07 July 2014 - 04:57 PM Edited by Andreaz1, 07 July 2014 - 04:58 PM.

Because the available memory is insufficient. Out of the total internal memory, some of it is already consumed by the OS. Additionally, new apps get installed into the internal memory as well. Cached data is stored in the internal memory as well. This is why you should always check if the phone you're buying supports movement of apps to SD card so that you can keep internal memory free as much as possible.

Not necessarily the phone's fault though. Google for instance has for some stupid reason disabled it on the newer versions of the Android OS "unless the app supports it" (which not a single app does, apparently). On my Xperia M which is using Andriod 4.3 at the moment I can't do anything and my phone is constantly bogging down because of it, on my old Xperia Ray which only had Android 4.0.4 moving apps was no problem.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users