Photo

Tommy is the best protagonist

135 replies to this topic
SuperGTFan
  • SuperGTFan

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 May 2015 - 09:24 AM Edited by SuperGTFan, 13 May 2015 - 09:25 AM.

Ahahaha hilarious fanboyism. I've been away from this section for quite a while. I must admit, this thread, filled with the Tommy fangirls, is one of the most entertaining I've come across. Keep it up.

You sure have a huge antipathy for Tommy. What do you got against Tommy?
He's a walking cliche'. Doesn't care about the people who help him. Throws them aside when they're of no more use to him. Overrated as f*ck. One-dimensional personality. Cheap copy of Tony Montana(not a total ripoff, but still). The worst protag ever, next to Trevor.
I don't think his overrated , his more like underappreciated, fans seems to remember his game more than his character.

It's quite the opposite of GTA IV , people have pretty much forgotten about the game but they keep talking about Niko from time to time.

That's how I see it. :)

gangster2332
  • gangster2332

wandering encyclopedia

• BUSTED!
  • United-Arab-Emirates

Posted 13 May 2015 - 09:37 AM

Ahahaha hilarious fanboyism. I've been away from this section for quite a while. I must admit, this thread, filled with the Tommy fangirls, is one of the most entertaining I've come across. Keep it up.

He's a walking cliche'. Doesn't care about the people who help him. Throws them aside when they're of no more use to him. Overrated as f*ck. One-dimensional personality. Cheap copy of Tony Montana(not a total ripoff, but still). The worst protag ever, next to Trevor.

no
  • Midnight Hitman likes this

90sGTA
  • 90sGTA

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 May 2015 - 02:53 PM

Who the hell has he thrown aside? I watched the cutscenes of Vice City and not once have I've seen anyone who helped him that he threw aside (except for Lance. But he betrayed him, so he deserved it). And how exactly is his personality "one-dimensional"?

Also, the only similarity Tommy has with Tony is the fact that he has a short temper. That's it. Tommy wasn't uneducated, impulsive, or high on his own drugs like Tony was. Hell he didn't take any drugs intentionally at all. It's cool if you don't like him, but don't exaggerate things.

Son of Zeus
  • Son of Zeus

Ah sh*t, here we go again...

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 13 May 2015 - 03:10 PM Edited by Son of Zeus, 13 May 2015 - 03:29 PM.

Who the hell has he thrown aside? I watched the cutscenes of Vice City and not once have I've seen anyone who helped him that he threw aside (except for Lance. But he betrayed him, so he deserved it). And how exactly is his personality "one-dimensional"?

Also, the only similarity Tommy has with Tony is the fact that he has a short temper. That's it. Tommy wasn't uneducated, impulsive, or high on his own drugs like Tony was. Hell he didn't take any drugs intentionally at all. It's cool if you don't like him, but don't exaggerate things.
He threw Ken aside. Watch The Introduction of San Andreas. Tommy refuses to take Rosenberg's call. After all Ken did for him!!!

Only similarity is temper? Couldve fooled me.Tony and Tommy are both cold hearted, both are building an empire, both have a shootout in a mansion at the end. Not similar I guess.

dante財閥
  • dante財閥

財閥

• The Connection
  • France

Posted 13 May 2015 - 04:02 PM

He's the most boring protagonist aside from Claude maybe lol. 

Don't see what makes him so good. 

gangster2332
  • gangster2332

wandering encyclopedia

• BUSTED!
  • United-Arab-Emirates

Posted 13 May 2015 - 04:02 PM

go away

GTA19somethin
  • GTA19somethin

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 May 2015 - 04:09 PM

Well let's see. Despite being hotheaded, he's also intelligent, cognizant, fastidious, and loyal to those he helped. He never took any drugs intentionally. He has a caring side for the old man at the print works. Unlike the other protagonists, he never contradicted himself or was a hypocrite. In other words, his personality had equilibrium, which only Niko can match.

• MrTommyV likes this

90sGTA
  • 90sGTA

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 May 2015 - 04:13 PM Edited by 90sGTA, 13 May 2015 - 04:14 PM.

He threw Ken aside. Watch The Introduction of San Andreas. Tommy refuses to take Rosenberg's call. After all Ken did for him!!!

Only similarity is temper? Couldve fooled me.Tony and Tommy are both cold hearted, both are building an empire, both have a shootout in a mansion at the end. Not similar I guess.

He threw Ken aside because he was a useless cocaine addict. That's Ken's own damn fault for getting high off that drug.

And I'm talking about personality-wise. Unlike Tony, Tommy was intelligent and fastidious. He never got high off his own narcotics like Tony did. That's the whole reason why Tommy ditched Ken in the first place. At least he got him into rehab instead of leaving him in the streets to suffer.

Rollin69
  • Rollin69

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 May 2015 - 06:04 PM

You are 100% right. I remember when I punch a guy in the face very hard after he said Tommy was his favorite protagonist. Tommy is an asshole who doesn't care about noone. He's always shouting at Ken and yellwd at Lance in the mission Bar Brawl. He's always getting angry and threw a phone in one cutscene. I hate people who are angry. That makes them assholes. Then in the same mission he yelled at Lance in, he calls his gang useless. That shows just as much of an asshole he is. He has nothing nice to say about anyone at all. He ruined the whole GTA series with his angry attitude. He should've been taken out of the game and Lance should be the protagonist of VC. I did love Trevor tho.

Spadge007
  • Spadge007

Low Rider

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 15 May 2015 - 10:54 PM

He fits well in that classic gangster image. Thanks to Ray Liotta's amazing voice acting, he could fit right in with Pacino, DeNiro, Joe Pesci. His persona was an awesome tribute to these kind of characters and their respective movies.

watersgta3
  • watersgta3

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 May 2015 - 09:28 PM

Okay, first of all, please explain to me what exactly has Ken did for him. This whole time, Ken did absolutely nothing but hide in his office, and after Tommy killed Sonny, Ken complained about it and came up with the most worthless recourse of writing an angry letter. He was useless since the start of the game. Second, Tommy threw Ken aside because of his cocaine addiction. No one wants to befriend a coke addict. So I don't blame Tommy for ditching his worthless ass. I would've done the same thing.

XTad
  • XTad

Vice City Lover

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 May 2015 - 10:54 PM Edited by XTad, 23 May 2015 - 06:27 PM.

You are 100% right. I remember when I punch a guy in the face very hard after he said Tommy was his favorite protagonist. Tommy is an asshole who doesn't care about noone. He's always shouting at Ken and yellwd at Lance in the mission Bar Brawl. He's always getting angry and threw a phone in one cutscene. I hate people who are angry. That makes them assholes. Then in the same mission he yelled at Lance in, he calls his gang useless. That shows just as much of an asshole he is. He has nothing nice to say about anyone at all. He ruined the whole GTA series with his angry attitude. He should've been taken out of the game and Lance should be the protagonist of VC. I did love Trevor tho.

I'm sorry but this is just st*pid. He showed his respect to Cortez, Avery, he was nice to Mercedes and shared many friendly conversations with Lance, he even risked his life when he saved him from that junkyard. And the final cutscene of "Keep your friends close" just proves that he has a heart. You have to imagine yourself in his position. Somebody stole cash of his boss. He had a right to shout at Ken, he was a good guy but otherwise pretty much useles. Besides, Ken was the middleman in the first drug deal.

housedeep
  • housedeep

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 May 2015 - 03:31 PM Edited by housedeep, 23 May 2015 - 05:26 PM.

Not only is Tommy the most interesting protagonist in the series so far, but the characters and story revolving him match perfectly. it feels like everything in the game pertains to its universe, which makes an unique playing experiemce, unlike newer installments.

He refused to bow down to Sonny at the risk of getting himself killed, he took over the city and everything that belongs to him, and he managed to get his revenge on that two-faced bastard. He eliminated all of his enemies and emerged winner in the end, a true hero.

No other character in the series matches his cunning, intelligence and leadership.

Kristian.
  • Kristian.

Supralux (ΛΟ)

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 23 May 2015 - 04:36 PM

Yeah. I'd say Tommy is definitely a likeable character with a cool personality. Even though he was at some point in the mafia he is not your typical mobster. I'd say he is definitely in my top 3 of GTA protagonists after Claude and Niko.

Boyz2Society
  • Boyz2Society

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 May 2015 - 05:15 PM

Not only is Tommy the most interesting protagonist in the series so far, but the characters and story revolving him match perfectly. it feels like everything in the game pertains to its universe, which makes an unique playing experiemce, unlike newer installments.

He refused to bow down to Sonny at the risk of getting himself killed, he took over the city and everything that belongs to him, and he managed to get his revenge on that two-faced bastard. He eliminated all of his and emerged winner in the end, a true hero.

No other character in the series matches his cunning, intelligence and leadership.

And that's what makes Tommy the most cohesive protagonist of the whole GTA series. That's why Tommy is my favorite protagonist in GTA, along with CJ and Niko.

ViceCityMafiaBoss
  • ViceCityMafiaBoss

Made man

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 May 2015 - 01:13 AM Edited by ViceCityMafiaBoss, 30 May 2015 - 01:14 AM.

Tommy is the best! Hands down he is the best.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users