Photo

Is it just me or has the NPC AI become a lot more hostile after last p

24 replies to this topic
Eyecandy
  • Eyecandy

#1 wheelman in Los Santos

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by Eyecandy, 4 weeks ago.

Ever since the 1.14 patch came out, I've noticed I'm being hit by the AI more and more often because of them swerving or going over 220 K/MH for me having my gun. Last night I got killed by a mule driver going the wrong way at super speed mod like the hackers have. I'm just curious if Rockstar did anything because it's kinda getting annoying when your on a motorcycle hunting for bounties.

gagemb9918
  • gagemb9918

GRA-TA-TA

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

Well, I've been getting a lot more people giving me the finger lately..

Pusher87
  • Pusher87

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 4 weeks ago

I was just playing with my girlfriend in an invite only lobby and took her to the beach where we found many npcs sitting and standing around a bonfire. She stood a few feet from them and they stared at her but instead of talking crap and running like most npcs they actually became hostile and administered a pounding of the second kind. Needless to say she died and i laughed. Few moments later i accidentally hit an npc on a bike and he pulled a gun and ruined me. After respawning more npcs on bike showed up. It was awesome I've never seen this much hostility before this patch.

Quarthon
  • Quarthon

Trick

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 4 weeks ago

They are sick and tired of us running their asses over. Some NPC driver hit me from behind and he got out and chased after me.

• Eyecandy and mr toasterbutt like this

Eyecandy
  • Eyecandy

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by Eyecandy, 4 weeks ago.

I seriously can't tell how a car/truck is awd or 4wd

They are sick and tired of us running their asses over. Some NPC driver hit me from behind and he got out and chased after me.

lol before they patched The mechanic comings to you. He one Time carjacked me and drove off with my car.
  • Woozzy-91 likes this

Woozzy-91
  • Woozzy-91

Crackhead

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 4 weeks ago

I seriously can't tell how a car/truck is awd or 4wd

lol before they patched The mechanic comings to you. He one Time carjacked me and drove off with my car.
This happened to me many times its not funny, i remember having it happen one to many times i had a friend sitting near by in his car, ready to chase that stupid mechanic for rolling me for the car he dropped off -_-

I miss having some one to shoot for parking my car 5 blocks away ;(

Pusher87
  • Pusher87

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 4 weeks ago

The cops carjack you as well if they need wheels and you're closest by.

MetalThrasherXtreme
  • MetalThrasherXtreme

Street Cat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

This.

They're becoming unbearable. Like, in addition to more hostility, which I can deal with, they've started driving WORSE.

Somehow they're actually driving worse than before, which is saying something because the NPC drivers in this game are literally the worst in any GTA game I've ever played. I don't know what R* was thinking during this process, all the drivers are either absolutely retarded or they have intense road rage. 

It wouldn't be so bad if they were few and far between like the Sentinel XS driver that just drives fast. 

I'll take the NPC drivers from GTA IV all day over these new ones, ugh. 

• Magick, hei3enberg and mr toasterbutt like this

Krypt0nite1989
  • Krypt0nite1989

Snitch

• Members

Posted 4 weeks ago

Completely agree. They have definitely changed a lot within the last two patches.

NightProwler
  • NightProwler

NightProwler

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 4 weeks ago

Yes,I feel the NPC's have been total assholes since the patch.

I leave my condo,exit the garage,check both left and right,hang a right and BAM. I'll get out and kick their car and it's fight time.

Even the sentinel guy has become more aggressive.

• mr toasterbutt likes this

trhacker01
  • trhacker01

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

Damn sentinal guy, what an a$$hole

8up local
  • 8up local

sharp as a marble

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

funny, seems to me all the NPC's are being modeled after us.

kazbar111
  • kazbar111

Drive clean?

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 4 weeks ago

Don't cut them off, walk into them, honk near them, point gun at them, beat with baseball bat..they will get you

FlacidJack
  • FlacidJack

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 4 weeks ago

I hear he's friends with the mechanic...

Sky_Light12
  • Sky_Light12

insane troll / IGN hunter

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 4 weeks ago

it's '' panic mode '' . next time don't trigger shootout on streets ( especially highway ) or u'll be roadkill , preferably do in rooftops

Niyologist
  • Niyologist

In-Game Racing/Driving Enthusiast

• Members

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by Niyologist, 4 weeks ago.

Yup. I've noticed the aggressive AI. My player was killed 3 times by a escaping driving that freaked out, just for a tank rampage that happened 4 city blocks away. 

Eyecandy
  • Eyecandy

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 4 weeks ago

it's '' panic mode '' . next time don't trigger shootout on streets ( especially highway )

no bro, I had just gun out never triggered

jcph3
  • jcph3

Oligarch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by jcph3, 4 weeks ago.

They may be trying to improve it but are only making it worse......

Right turns from left lane, crossing into oncoming traffic, sharp lane changes all seem to be on the rise.

I am starting to believe that R* may just be a very mediocre game developer who happens to own a great game title.  :cry:

• hei3enberg and VictinisRage like this

saintsrow
  • saintsrow

GTA0: Unreal on Wheels

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

It seems like a lot of NPCs in cars are driving like the Sentinel guy now - driving like maniacs, and running me over, and then driving away at a high rate of speed so I can't revenge-kill them.  I was starting to wonder if these NPCs were being controlled by Rockstar devs getting back at us for criticizing their game.   :p  

mo-seph
  • mo-seph

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

after a little time off i logged in last night to update my game, NPCs have totally forgot how to drive, i took the freeway from patelo back into LS and i saw 6 NPCs crash into each other for no reason, like everyone was drunk...

hotrats773
  • hotrats773

Player Lover

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

I was just playing with my girlfriend in an invite only lobby and took her to the beach where we found many npcs sitting and standing around a bonfire. She stood a few feet from them and they stared at her but instead of talking crap and running like most npcs they actually became hostile and administered a pounding of the second kind. Needless to say she died and i laughed. Few moments later i accidentally hit an npc on a bike and he pulled a gun and ruined me. After respawning more npcs on bike showed up. It was awesome I've never seen this much hostility before this patch.

Not to hijack your point but I think this is where the mental state feature breaks down. In order for it to mean anything there has to be some type of empathy behavior on the NPCs part. I know it's strictly a limitation of the platform but imagine a GTA world where when you walked up to an NPC just to hang out, they wouldn't want to put a bullet in your head or start a fist fight. The single biggest mistake in my opinion was enforcing mental state with NPCs without changing NPC behavior. I haven't noticed any change in their behavior. They're still full-on assholes who deserve a bat to the head or a face full of lead.

SmilingAssassin
  • SmilingAssassin

Square Civilian

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

Yes, I got pulled of my blazer by a obese NPC woman. All I was doing was sitting on it on a walkway bridge.
  • YirbyBond00Y likes this

Pusher87
  • Pusher87

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 4 weeks ago

Now that i think about it. My girlfriends dot is red and mine is white, around the bonfire we both stood about the same distance from the npcs and they only attacked her. This isn't proof that mental state affects npcs but i do find it odd that they went only after her but left peaceful ol me alone.

madmanaz
  • madmanaz

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

Not to hijack your point but I think this is where the mental state feature breaks down. In order for it to mean anything there has to be some type of empathy behavior on the NPCs part. I know it's strictly a limitation of the platform but imagine a GTA world where when you walked up to an NPC just to hang out, they wouldn't want to put a bullet in your head or start a fist fight. The single biggest mistake in my opinion was enforcing mental state with NPCs without changing NPC behavior. I haven't noticed any change in their behavior. They're still full-on assholes who deserve a bat to the head or a face full of lead.

I haven't noticed too much change. I did notice NPCs freak out when you steal a car or shoot near them, they will drive crazy to get away. It only takes 1 silent round from my pistol to set the whole highway into turmoil. That being said, the NPCs only really suck if you don't understand them. The reason they switch lanes at random is because usually players can't pick a lane and drive down the middle. If you stay in a lane more they don't switch as often and you don't get caught in a spin out.

BlackAce23
  • BlackAce23

Im a GTA addict

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

They have finally had enough of our sh*t and are fighting back and hell i rather them do that then snitching on me which im sick of. I dont deliberately try to f**k with them but if they scratch my paint or pop off at me then theres gonna be some funeral arrangements that will be made.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users