Spectrum

17 replies to this topic
Cudwieser
  • Cudwieser

Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 June 2014 - 12:21 AM

Basically as the title states I'm interested in the spectrum of colour used in the game. I know this might lend itself to copycats but they say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery (except for complete chrome adders. That was just predictable). 

Please post the colour combinations you are using on your cars and a picture of the colour scheme.

Note that all bubblegum and over chrome/over gold will be mocked and ridiculed (not necessarily by me). Diligent use of chrome and/or gold will be respected. :)

At the minute I'm putting together a garage of 

Dark Blue/Ultra Blue Primary cars with either Chrome, White or Black Secondary (Matte or Metallic)  and either black, Royal Blue, Slate Blue or Chrome with Slate or Royal Blue Accents.

I'll post pics later.

SirFiras47
  • SirFiras47

Sarcastic

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 June 2014 - 12:28 AM

All I read was: " ... chrome .... I'll post pics later"

Please don't.

• vipprimo, East_On_Bimmer_St and MrManBuz like this

AlienOne
  • AlienOne

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 30 June 2014 - 12:29 AM

Metallic Midnight Purple with an Ultra Blue pearl gives your car a sexy dark blue. I don't have a pic of it tho :/

MrManBuz
  • MrManBuz

Men become demons

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 30 June 2014 - 01:00 AM Edited by MrManBuz, 30 June 2014 - 01:01 AM.

Please read the post before commenting and making a couple of fools of yourselves. :)

What's this then?

Dark Blue/Ultra Blue Primary cars with either Chrome, White or Black Secondary (Matte or Metallic)  and either black, Royal Blue, Slate Blue or Chrome with Slate or Royal Blue Accents.

• vipprimo likes this

East_On_Bimmer_St
  • East_On_Bimmer_St

It's the Albanian rozzers!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 June 2014 - 01:05 AM

Chrome as a secondary can certainly be tasteful on cars like the Roosevelt, the Blade, etc.

Also for push bars and racks.

TeammateAssist
  • TeammateAssist

Obey CEO

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 30 June 2014 - 01:12 AM

Not all usage of chrome is bad, you nitwit.

That closemindedness is why people hate Westboro Baptist Church.

Cudwieser
  • Cudwieser

Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 June 2014 - 01:19 AM Edited by Cudwieser, 30 June 2014 - 01:20 AM.

Basically as the title states I'm interested in the spectrum of colour used in the game. I know this might lend itself to copycats but they say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery (except for complete chrome adders. That was just predictable). 

Please post the colour combinations you are using on your cars and a picture of the colour scheme.

Note that all bubblegum and over chrome/over gold will be mocked and ridiculed (not necessarily by me). Diligent use of chrome and/or gold will be respected. :)

At the minute I'm putting together a garage of 

I'll post pics later.

Please read the post before commenting and making a couple of fools of yourselves. :)

What's this then?

Dark Blue/Ultra Blue Primary cars with either Chrome, White or Black Secondary (Matte or Metallic)  and either black, Royal Blue, Slate Blue wheels (my goof) or Chrome with Slate or Royal Blue Accents.

Did I say that chrome or completely chrome (over chrome) would be ridiculed. Chrome is fine. Over using it is another story. I'm aware many think over use of chrome is tasteful and they are free to post here, but from experience of these forums I (and others) are aware of what is in store for them. Also If you are going to quote then for f*ck sake learn how to quote entirely and correctly.

Eyecandy
  • Eyecandy

You're favorite. Neighborly Neighbor

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 June 2014 - 01:26 AM

Midnight blue and red gives you a neat wine red.

Supreme Gentlemen
  • Supreme Gentlemen

Requested Ban

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 30 June 2014 - 01:34 AM Edited by Supreme Gentlemen, 30 June 2014 - 01:35 AM.

A similar thread

Strange Town
  • Strange Town

Looking at you, Mission/Heist failing Randoms

• The Yardies
  • Brazil

Posted 30 June 2014 - 02:02 AM

Metallic Black + Race Yellow results in a dark gold color

Spoiler

NightProwler
  • NightProwler

Nutter with a heart of gold

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 30 June 2014 - 02:13 AM

My logo/crest colours speak for them self - black and red/flat or metallic (all motorcycles have white wheels).

BrokenLizard
  • BrokenLizard

Hustler

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 June 2014 - 03:07 AM

Chrome as a secondary can certainly be tasteful on cars like the Roosevelt, the Blade, etc.

Or rims.

MrManBuz
  • MrManBuz

Men become demons

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 30 June 2014 - 03:09 AM Edited by MrManBuz, 30 June 2014 - 03:11 AM.

Not all usage of chrome is bad, you nitwit.

That closemindedness is why people hate Westboro Baptist Church.

In my opinion it is, but that's just MY opinion. Comparing, my supposed "closemindedness" to WBC is actually laughable, get yourself checked mate.

Or rims.

That is another story, but you can't chrome rims so moot point.

Dannnisaur
  • Dannnisaur

Heroic Villain

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 June 2014 - 03:12 AM

Primary paint is usually yellow for supers, white for sports, red for bikes, and green for SUV's/vans.

Rims are typically frost white for supers, candy red for sports, and whatever else for the others that match.

I almost never use anything past green in the color spectrum. I absolutely hate the color blue, and I don't even know why - I just can't stand it. Purple is okay, but only as a secondary. And that's just if it's really really good. I don't like black cars either, as I find them extremely distasteful and uncreative.

TeammateAssist
  • TeammateAssist

Obey CEO

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 30 June 2014 - 03:22 AM

GT Chrome is chrome rims.

De-chromed bumpers look stupider than neon pink cars, but that's just my opinion too.

Cudwieser
  • Cudwieser

Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 June 2014 - 09:40 AM Edited by Cudwieser, 30 June 2014 - 09:40 AM.

De-chrome I'd generally agree that it doesn't work, but I tried it on my blade and I think it works quite well with colour co-ordinated bumpers. I suppose if there is enough natural highlight and deliniation then you might get away with de-chrome (very rarely though).

Primary paint is usually yellow for supers, white for sports, red for bikes, and green for SUV's/vans.

Rims are typically frost white for supers, candy red for sports, and whatever else for the others that match.

I almost never use anything past green in the color spectrum. I absolutely hate the color blue, and I don't even know why - I just can't stand it. Purple is okay, but only as a secondary. And that's just if it's really really good. I don't like black cars either, as I find them extremely distasteful and uncreative.

Why do you dislike blue? Just curious (I dislike pink which to some seems curious).

General shout: does anyone know any good combos for brown and what cars you used the combo on.

Dannnisaur
  • Dannnisaur

Heroic Villain

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 June 2014 - 11:43 AM

Why do you dislike blue? Just curious (I dislike pink which to some seems curious).

General shout: does anyone know any good combos for brown and what cars you used the combo on.

It's as I said, I don't know exactly why, it's just a bit irritating to me when I look at it. On something small like a ball it's fine, but on something large like a car, I really don't like it.

As for your second question, brown can typically go with white( because white matches with everything), some reds, some yellows, and black. It'd look pretty good on a sports classic, SUV, or off-road type of car with brown being the primary. Chrome can also be a decent secondary if placed on a brown car as an accent. The colors that would match largely depend on the shade of brown though.

East_On_Bimmer_St
  • East_On_Bimmer_St

It's the Albanian rozzers!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 June 2014 - 02:17 PM

Or rims.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users