Remember when everyone hated this game?

146 replies to this topic
Harryhenry
  • Harryhenry

The only person on this forum who likes GTA V

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 29 June 2014 - 06:30 PM

When people complained about the driving, "It was too slippery!" the story, "It was so boring" the weapons, "What happened to the chainsaws and miniguns?" and the customization options "Why are there so few options for accessories and no options for beards and hair?". All that feels like such a different time...

TheGoodSgtScooter
  • TheGoodSgtScooter

Vote freedom, vote Scooter. Current mayor of Paleto Bay.

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 29 June 2014 - 06:41 PM

I do. And now people hate V, and if/when VI comes out they'll hate VI and love V, and so on and so on.

• archiebunker, Staten, woggleman and 7 others like this

Bitiliss
  • Bitiliss

● Brσℓy-βeast ●

• New Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 29 June 2014 - 07:19 PM

I wanted piercings, jeez.

MaddenSixx
  • MaddenSixx

:)

• Members

Posted 29 June 2014 - 07:23 PM

I actually never hated IV and I don't V.  I'm one of those weirdos lol

• archiebunker, Street Mix, ddyoung and 9 others like this

android
  • android

Something witty, something sh*tty

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None
  • Best Mobile OS

Posted 29 June 2014 - 09:07 PM

Surprisingly, not a lot of people hated on IV. There's a bunch of people who still love it (including me)

• theNGclan, Coat., Andreas and 5 others like this

I will pwn you newbs
  • I will pwn you newbs

Homie

• Members

Posted 30 June 2014 - 01:46 AM

I never hated IV. Maybe the san Andreas fanboys did. I thought IV was a huge upgrade from SA and IV is probably my favorite gta
  • thekillerdonuts, theGTAking101, Jeansowaty and 3 others like this

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Get Love Fisted

• Australia
  • Best Member In An Official Group 2012

Posted 30 June 2014 - 02:11 AM

I remember this forum being like a nuclear wasteland in 2008/2009.

• Coat. and theGTAking101 like this

Webster.
  • Webster.

THR Prospect

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 July 2014 - 07:32 PM

Nobody will hate GTA IV as the hatred for GTA V.  :lol:

• Official General likes this

Staten
  • Staten

Big Homie

• Members
  • None
  • Poetic Prowess [General Chat]

Posted 02 July 2014 - 07:46 PM

Actually, as Solidus says, the hatred for GTA IV was much, much worse than the hatred for V back when it came out.  But, it went away like the hatred for V will go away.

MuhNamesTyler
  • MuhNamesTyler

Random dude #42599

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 July 2014 - 08:45 PM

f*ck all these stupid opinions, mine is the only one that matters and I think the game is sweet
  • G.S.T, Aerosmithfan999 and Bozzah like this

G.S.T
  • G.S.T

U WOT M8

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 July 2014 - 09:08 PM Edited by xXGst0395Xx, 02 July 2014 - 09:12 PM.

I was fine with it, I welcomed the more realistic approach. Considering it was the first next-gen (at the time) GTA title, Rockstar did a fantastic job. What it lacked in content (planes, tanks, customisation e.g), was made up for with the level of detail in it's environment, physics and storyline. I never expected alot from San Andreas to return unlike those ignorant fanboys, it was obvious it was going to be a complete reboot of the series.

It is overrated in some ways, but nowhere near as bad as it was made out to be. Same story with V. All GTA games have their pros and cons. It disgusts me that individual installments have their own groups of angry fans who argue over which game is better. What a fanbase this series has.

For GTAF historical purposes, here's a couple of typical "rage" threads about GTA IV from back in the day. Times just don't change.

http://gtaforums.com...why-gta4-sucks/

http://gtaforums.com...868-gta4-sucks/

• archiebunker likes this

Official General
  • Official General

You gotta always carry heat in these Vice City streets

• Members

Posted 03 July 2014 - 02:39 AM

Actually, as Solidus says, the hatred for GTA IV was much, much worse than the hatred for V back when it came out.  But, it went away like the hatred for V will go away.

@ Staten

Unless the SP DLC greatly adds to V, I doubt the hatred for it it will just go away. 

LightningLord411
  • LightningLord411

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 July 2014 - 02:46 AM

I'm reinstating GTA IV & GTA EFLC to my PS3. Lol I've always loved the games. I always played Single Player before GTA V came along. I hardly played Online in IV/EFLC. Now I can take a break from GTA V/Online.

hornedturtle
  • hornedturtle

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 July 2014 - 02:47 AM

I still hate IV.....oh f*ck im a hipster :(
  • ten-a-penny and Lowi like this

LightningLord411
  • LightningLord411

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 July 2014 - 02:59 AM

GTA IV is done downloading. Now to wait for EFLC...HURRY UP PS3.

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Get Love Fisted

• Australia

Posted 03 July 2014 - 03:07 AM

I still hate IV.....oh f*ck im a hipster :(

Staten
  • Staten

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 July 2014 - 12:55 PM Edited by Staten, 03 July 2014 - 12:57 PM.

@ Staten

Unless the SP DLC greatly adds to V, I doubt the hatred for it it will just go away. 

Oh, I don't mean straight away, and no one should count on DLC changing things.  Even EFLC, which is one of the best - if not THE best - examples of DLC done right, still generated hatred toward IV.  People complained it was full of content that had been cut from IV itself.

Official General
  • Official General

• Members

Posted 03 July 2014 - 11:45 PM Edited by Official General, 03 July 2014 - 11:47 PM.

@ Staten

Oh, I don't mean straight away, and no one should count on DLC changing things.  Even EFLC, which is one of the best - if not THE best - examples of DLC done right, still generated hatred toward IV.  People complained it was full of content that had been cut from IV itself.

To be honest, I most remember people saying that EFLC made IV feel much better. However I heard a few people say that IV should have been what EFLC was. You cannot deny that EFLC definitely made IV more popular as whole, because it certainly worked for me that's for sure. 

I agree with you, the feeling I get is that any kind of DLC won't save V, it's been too big a disappointment. But because of V's huge commercial and (many would say undeserved) critical success, I just cannot see Rockstar bothering to produce any game-changing DLC to this game. 

• thekillerdonuts and nobum62 like this

clement_attlee
  • clement_attlee

Strawberry thug

• Members
  • Christmas-Island

Posted 03 July 2014 - 11:51 PM

Right now I don't really like GTA V because I have to run it on a sh*tty console but when it'll be released on PC I'll probably start liking it even more than GTA IV. I Really love GTA IV and I never disliked it at all really. The story is very long wich I like but I do understand why people where bitching about the features.

Just thinking about Liberty City makes me nostalgic... 

Bucky914
  • Bucky914

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 July 2014 - 02:33 AM

sh*tty console

3834668-2105581972-thats.jpg

PC gamers are such cork sniffers. Why do you even own the "sh**ty" console if you don't like it?

• thekillerdonuts and ten-a-penny like this

clement_attlee
  • clement_attlee

Strawberry thug

• Members
  • Christmas-Island

Posted 04 July 2014 - 05:12 AM

sh*tty console

3834668-2105581972-thats.jpg

PC gamers are such cork sniffers. Why do you even own the "sh**ty" console if you don't like it?

I bought it so I can atleast play the games even if the quality is sh*t.

Staten
  • Staten

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 July 2014 - 08:43 AM

@ Staten

To be honest, I most remember people saying that EFLC made IV feel much better. However I heard a few people say that IV should have been what EFLC was. You cannot deny that EFLC definitely made IV more popular as whole, because it certainly worked for me that's for sure. 

I agree with you, the feeling I get is that any kind of DLC won't save V, it's been too big a disappointment. But because of V's huge commercial and (many would say undeserved) critical success, I just cannot see Rockstar bothering to produce any game-changing DLC to this game. 

Actually, EFLC didn't "save" IV; most detractors of the game didn't play the EFLC and those that did didn't change their opinion of IV, even if they liked EFLC.  The concensus among gaming forums that IV's success was undeserved continued.

Official General
  • Official General

• Members

Posted 04 July 2014 - 11:14 AM

@ Staten

Actually, EFLC didn't "save" IV; most detractors of the game didn't play the EFLC and those that did didn't change their opinion of IV, even if they liked EFLC.  The concensus among gaming forums that IV's success was undeserved continued.

For a while yeah. But I think that's changed. I think these days, IV and EFLC are now given the credit and recognition they deserve.

• Miamivicecity likes this

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Get Love Fisted

• Australia

Posted 04 July 2014 - 11:18 AM

And so they should.
  • Official General likes this

Chips237
  • Chips237

Father Jirachi

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 04 July 2014 - 11:18 AM

Yep. I used to bash this game and told everyone it was only better in terms of graphics but changed my mind after buying it.

• Miamivicecity likes this

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Get Love Fisted

• Australia

Posted 04 July 2014 - 11:24 AM

Yep. I used to bash this game and told everyone it was only better in terms of graphics but changed my mind after buying it.

To be honest I think its sad when people only judge GTA IV just for its graphics. At least you wised up and gave it more credit than just the way it looks.
  • Coat. likes this

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I have moved to a new account.

• BUSTED!
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 04 July 2014 - 11:27 AM

I think the hate lessened when the PC version came out. Maybe because the PC port was so horrible we didn't really care about anything else apart from getting the damn game to run. (I know, lol)

That or the fact that the PC version released after the console version. So PC gamers knew not to expect a SA 2.0. I've always said that the love for IV came from the PC gamers.

Gta_V_Fan_101
  • Gta_V_Fan_101

My posts are brought to you by Chuckola Cola Drinks.

• Members
  • Bahrain

Posted 04 July 2014 - 04:39 PM

Yeah, I actually do remember when everybody hated IV. Now, it's the complete opposite.

Actually, this isn't the first series to have this cycle of "Loving the previous game and hating the current game, even though I used to bash the previous game". Another series that is currently experiencing the same cycle is the Zelda series. People hated Twilight Princess when it was released and they complained that it was too realistic. When Skyward Sword released, the developers learned from their mistakes and made it more cartoonish. Guess what, people hated it and loved Twilight Princess after its release. They complained that Skyward Sword was too cartoonish.

The EXACT same thing is currently happening with GTA IV and V. This cycle will continue probably till the end of the series.

I was one of those people who loved IV, I didn't understand all the hate towards it. Now, I'm one of those rare people on here who love both IV and V.

• archiebunker and ten-a-penny like this

Official General
  • Official General

• Members

Posted 05 July 2014 - 12:53 PM

Yeah, I actually do remember when everybody hated IV. Now, it's the complete opposite.

The EXACT same thing is currently happening with GTA IV and V. This cycle will continue probably till the end of the series.

I never said I hated the original IV. But I was critical of it when it first came out for good reasons, it was definitely missing certain important things that it should not have been missing. However, I always maintained that I still thought it was a good game. When played it again and discovered new things and also when I played EFLC, the whole IV saga was much better, and I liked it a lot more. IV+EFLC is now my 3rd best GTA after VC and SA. You need to consider the reasons behind the changes, don't just assume that people switched to liking IV just because it was in 'fashion' or for the pure sake of it. I'm pretty sure most gamers are not that stupid or trivial. 

I can assure you that if in the future, GTA V remains the same game as it is without any decent, significant improvements, I will never change I say I now love it. Right it's my worst GTA ever since III, and I cannot see that changing at all. 

Gta_V_Fan_101
  • Gta_V_Fan_101

My posts are brought to you by Chuckola Cola Drinks.

• Members
  • Bahrain

Posted 05 July 2014 - 01:38 PM

I never said I hated the original IV. But I was critical of it when it first came out for good reasons, it was definitely missing certain important things that it should not have been missing. However, I always maintained that I still thought it was a good game. When played it again and discovered new things and also when I played EFLC, the whole IV saga was much better, and I liked it a lot more. IV+EFLC is now my 3rd best GTA after VC and SA. You need to consider the reasons behind the changes, don't just assume that people switched to liking IV just because it was in 'fashion' or for the pure sake of it. I'm pretty sure most gamers are not that stupid or trivial. 

I can assure you that if in the future, GTA V remains the same game as it is without any decent, significant improvements, I will never change I say I now love it. Right it's my worst GTA ever since III, and I cannot see that changing at all. 

Sure, you liked it. So did I, along with, what, about 15 other people on here?

My point is, that most people on here hated it and then loved it suddenly after V's release.

Now I tried considering the reason behind these changes and the only reason I see is that they saw that V lacked some important things IV had. Still, that probably isn't the reason people suddenly liked IV's vehicle handling. Just imagine, V came out and what, people just realized how good IV's handling is? That is very improbable.

Granted, there are many people who have valid criticisms for the game, but others just hate on things they wanted from IV and got in V. That doesn't make any sense but I guess people are people and they have to complain about stuff.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users