playing without radar

40 replies to this topic
elfoam
  • elfoam

Gangsta

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 30 June 2014 - 02:35 AM

I wish there were lobbies with no radar and no tags. Players would show up when nearby making noise like death matches. How awesome would it be, it would be properly immersive. Friends and crew would show up of course.

NYC PATROL
  • NYC PATROL

"Patrolling and Observing Forums Since 2005"

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 June 2014 - 02:59 AM Edited by NYC PATROL, 30 June 2014 - 03:03 AM.

Played online a few times without radar and friends helped guide me around. Had way more fun than I thought I would. Shootouts were crazy. Getting targeted by a sniper in Blaine County. Intense. Even though I was at a disadvantage it was awesome. I had to look for a lot of visual cues to find people. Plus if you get really stuck all you have to do is bring up the map.

nomface11
  • nomface11

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 June 2014 - 04:10 AM

I always do multiplayer lobbies with off radar even though it kills more often than I get kills but now with the experience I have playing without radar I am no longer easily surprised.

swooshboy
  • swooshboy

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 30 June 2014 - 07:28 AM

I wish there was the option to turn off the radar - or have like in GTA IV - where you could set it to near or far. It was good to be able to see the general area where other players were, but then as you got close you would both disappear of each others radar. The tag above your player also disappeared when you were crouching - which made stealth kills possible.

Used to love playing deathmatches on GTA IV with those settings.

Would be great if this was something they changed - particularly for its release on PS4 etc - as am sure you will be able to have more players in a level. 

• Maineah likes this

TheStalked
  • TheStalked

ayy lmao

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 30 June 2014 - 08:36 AM

It would be nice if playing with the radar off made your blip invisible and everyone else's too. I guess it could easily be exploited though. You could just turn the radar off when you got close to people.

dwestos
  • dwestos

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 30 June 2014 - 09:03 AM

I wish there were lobbies with no radar and no tags. Players would show up when nearby making noise like death matches. How awesome would it be, it would be properly immersive. Friends and crew would show up of course.

It would awsome, dessup like an NPC and walk as a normal Guy in town.

The Grapeseed
  • The Grapeseed

Crackhead

• BUSTED!
  • New-Zealand

Posted 30 June 2014 - 09:07 AM

It would awsome, dessup like an NPC and walk as a normal Guy in town.

I had a vision of this for online GTA since... well GTA 3 I suppose. We are getting closer and closer to that reality, yet no game has dared to do it yet.

Still, I gave the DM I made a test, it seemed to work out but people kept spamming Lester to reveal players, and they played it like a usual DM. So I have renamed it with (Freemode) in the title to help people understand it isn't your usual DM, and have added more weapon locations to give you something to do.

Mr Fyn666
  • Mr Fyn666

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 30 June 2014 - 03:17 PM

Nope but I would live this as a feature for the whole lobby

oh what fun that would be

Stealth would have a meaning. I would love to see something like that i the future.

Would love it, hehe sneaking behind someone and then BOOMM knife in his head.

^^

Would finally give some meaning to having a golf club in my bag.....

FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORE, no GOLF i tell you, as the players brains mess up my paint work! lol

Retired Mafia
  • Retired Mafia

Heist Preparation host

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 June 2014 - 03:25 PM

When you tuen the radar off, do you see those new arrows above people's head when there in a car? Since last update you see those arrows above someone's head but when i want to be sneaky and my friend and i both turned off my radar does he see an arrow above my head??

Breaking Bad
  • Breaking Bad

Yo, Mr White!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 June 2014 - 04:30 PM

I have sometimes, to see how it feels without it. Funnily enough, I still manage to forget where things are even after playing it for so long. Some of my friends and I have actually played Hide and Seek or Manhunt with the radar off, it can be pretty funny. We usually stick to a certain area, and the hunter goes searching in that area. We all agree that we can't move and we have to stay in that place until we are found or the hunter gives up. 

KeeNer187
  • KeeNer187

-_-

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 30 June 2014 - 05:14 PM

Well after reading the topic I have made a deathmatch, a sort of test for the idea, called LS County.

Its essentially what you guys are asking for, there are spawns throughout the LS county, each giving you a motorbike or a muscle car to start off with, some spawns are on the top of mountains with a bike so you are set to go.

You all have combat pistols to start with, and I have placed better weapons in unique locations all throughout the north LS county. There are even hidden choppers near the weapons and im considering hiding the Blazer and Rhino somewhere cool for those who like exploring.

So the idea is that everyone is off the radar and are all exploring and finding weapons, occasionally you bump into each other, well idk how this will play out tbh it could be interesting. You could hunt down players throughout the whole map, or lay in wait at one of the weapon locations to ambush them.

http://socialclub.ro...platformId=null

Let me know what you guys think of the idea, whether you would play a game like this, what can be added to it, what the spawns should be like, where the weapons should go, etc etc. I also made a separate topic for this in the content creator section.

I just bookmarked it. Lets get a game going. Add ninemillerkiller on PSN with gtaforum in the message

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users