playing without radar

40 replies to this topic
nomface11
  • nomface11

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 June 2014 - 06:29 PM

Does anyone else play with radar disabled ?

Ninja_Gear
  • Ninja_Gear

Boss

• BUSTED!
  • Netherlands

Posted 29 June 2014 - 06:30 PM

Nope, just you.

• Omnifarious likes this

Mr Fyn666
  • Mr Fyn666

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 29 June 2014 - 06:33 PM

Nope but I would live this as a feature for the whole lobby

oh what fun that would be

• NudasPriest, MrWuggy, Maineah and 9 others like this

Karlitoz-E
  • Karlitoz-E

SiiR

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 29 June 2014 - 06:35 PM

0_0.jpg

Dafuq u lookin' at?

• Ninja_Gear likes this

grovestreet2010
  • grovestreet2010

My body is ready..

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 June 2014 - 06:36 PM

Having the radar off for the entire lobby or only seeing blips when players are in a certain radius would really change up gameplay. Similar to how in RDR you could only hear people talking on their mic if you were close to them or if you were in the same posse.

• NudasPriest, KingRyujin--, elfoam and 1 other like this

P-loss
  • P-loss

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 June 2014 - 06:39 PM

I tried in missions a few times long time ago and its a real pain XD but not impossible XD

RoyalRedXIII
  • RoyalRedXIII

CASUAL VETERAN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 June 2014 - 06:50 PM

Nope, it's not like deathmatches And team deathmatches turn the radar off right? Lol.

But seriously, once my crew did a closed session, and we all turned off the radar, running around in an area playing shotgun tag.

I wanna try playing with the radar off with some people at the old saw mill in Blaine county..... At night. Then maybe I can try reenacting resident evil >:-)!
  • Mr Fyn666 likes this

dewtech
  • dewtech

Tied down with battleship chains

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 29 June 2014 - 06:52 PM

I sometimes turn it off when doing some filming, and in private lobbies I'll leave it off as I can navigate perfectly without it these days.

No way I'd do it with other players around though.

KeeNer187
  • KeeNer187

-_-

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 29 June 2014 - 06:54 PM

Stealth would have a meaning. I would love to see something like that i the future.

• Mr Fyn666 likes this

TiiMeP
  • TiiMeP

Peon

• Members

Posted 29 June 2014 - 07:02 PM

Stealth would have a meaning. I would love to see something like that i the future.

Would love it, hehe sneaking behind someone and then BOOMM knife in his head.

• Mr Fyn666 likes this

Tupiz
  • Tupiz

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 29 June 2014 - 07:07 PM

Radar off -lobbies, a very good idea actually. Like in DayZ.

CarimboHanky
  • CarimboHanky

#MetInPR 😍

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 29 June 2014 - 07:17 PM

not really as it would only put you on disadvantage...

now if there was a no radar lobby or blip options like in IV, then it would make sense but turning off my radar while other 15 players still have it makes no sense.

YirbyBond00Y
  • YirbyBond00Y

James Bond + Kirby Fan

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 29 June 2014 - 07:31 PM Edited by YirbyBond00Y, 29 June 2014 - 07:32 PM.

Nope, it's not like deathmatches And team deathmatches turn the radar off right? Lol.

But seriously, once my crew did a closed session, and we all turned off the radar, running around in an area playing shotgun tag.

I wanna try playing with the radar off with some people at the old saw mill in Blaine county..... At night. Then maybe I can try reenacting resident evil >:-)!

Have one team be the zombies (unarmed) and the other have pump/sawn-off shotguns.....

OT: Tried it once, I wanted to find my way to the golf course without the aid of GPS...

• RoyalRedXIII likes this

RoyalRedXIII
  • RoyalRedXIII

CASUAL VETERAN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 June 2014 - 07:33 PM

Have one team be the zombies (unarmed) and the other have pump/sawn-off shotguns.....

Ikr! You feel me! lol maybe I might make thread on this the meet up section and try to put a zombies game together.

RagunCajin
  • RagunCajin

Go f*ck yourself.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 June 2014 - 07:35 PM

Did that once too. Me and 2 other crew mates did a Ballas v Vagos freeroam fight, was real fun. Could hear them shooting at people that wore purple cause they thought it was me.

• RoyalRedXIII likes this

The7thOne
  • The7thOne

This action will have consequences...

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 June 2014 - 07:40 PM

I don't. However, if there was a no radar lobby and no arrows above players' heads, I would enjoy that.

SM1L3_B4_U_D13
  • SM1L3_B4_U_D13

Viking

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 29 June 2014 - 07:42 PM

I don't. However, if there was a no radar lobby and no arrows above players' heads, I would enjoy that.

Almost like watch_dogs?

The7thOne
  • The7thOne

This action will have consequences...

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 June 2014 - 07:43 PM

Almost like watch_dogs?

Yeah, something like that. Even though I rarely play watch dogs, it would still be a nice feature for Rockstar to add.

Ninjambie
  • Ninjambie

I got riders... you know who you are.

• Members
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 29 June 2014 - 07:48 PM

I started doing this while in role play sessions a few days ago.

This brings a whole new level of paranoia to the game lmao. Especially since some of the other players are playing as cops. You never know when one might be coming around a corner and catch you running red lights or doing something illegal. The sh*t is hilarious when it does happen.

This also makes having map knowledge a must have.

The only real downside is when and if you get the cops on you. It's extremely difficult to lose the cops when you don't know where they are.

I really wish we had a Custom Session with the options to set the rules; i.e. Friendly Fire On / Off, Radar / Hud On / Off, etc...

• KeeNer187 likes this

KeeNer187
  • KeeNer187

-_-

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 29 June 2014 - 08:05 PM

Almost like watch_dogs?

I would have totally bought watchdogs if there were more players in a lobby for online. I was very disappointed in the multiplayer for that game.

This brings a whole new level of paranoia to the game lmao. Especially since some of the other players are playing as cops. You never know when one might be coming around a corner and catch you running red lights or doing something illegal. The sh*t is hilarious when it does happen.

The only real downside is when and if you get the cops on you. It's extremely difficult to lose the cops when you don't know where they are.

I really wish we had a Custom Session with the options to set the rules; i.e. Friendly Fire On / Off, Radar / Hud On / Off, etc...

Sounds interesting. You on ps3?

Ninjambie
  • Ninjambie

I got riders... you know who you are.

• Members
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 29 June 2014 - 08:39 PM Edited by Ninjambie, 29 June 2014 - 08:40 PM.

Sounds interesting. You on ps3?

XBL :(

Check for the role play threads in http://gtaforums.com...-lobby-meetups/

There are some great PS3 role players in there.

• KeeNer187 likes this

xoC18H21NO3xo
  • xoC18H21NO3xo

GTA Addict

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 29 June 2014 - 10:29 PM

This is hard! I tried to do a whole bunch of gang attacks like this. I managed maybe five, but when it got to the one at Mixed Up With Coke, things got insane! I think now that I have set places for each attack and know the spawn, a no radar playthrough might work.

I accidentally started the new Rooftop Rumble without my radar and blips on, I failed. I admire people that can do this with deathmatch.

RoyalRedXIII
  • RoyalRedXIII

CASUAL VETERAN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 June 2014 - 10:56 PM

Yeah, kinda sucks that the only thing you can set for a lobby is the aiming
  • FlacidJack and Ninjambie like this

The Grapeseed
  • The Grapeseed

Crackhead

• BUSTED!
  • New-Zealand

Posted 29 June 2014 - 11:03 PM

I used to do this when the game came out, because I barely knew the map. I would alternate between all 4 characters (3 SP 1 MP) and learn the game like that.

Was actually really fun, I highly recommend doing it.

Arya35
  • Arya35

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 29 June 2014 - 11:09 PM Edited by Arya35, 29 June 2014 - 11:10 PM.

Would love a hard core mode. Free aim only and radar off. Escaping police would be a lot more difficult though. I rarely look at the map anyway, only to check if someone is nearby.

RAS_ZeroZ
  • RAS_ZeroZ

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 29 June 2014 - 11:13 PM Edited by RAS_ZeroZ, 29 June 2014 - 11:15 PM.

I would play without radar if that meant other players couldn't see me on their radar.  As it is though.. it's just makes for a huge disadvantage in freeroam.

GrandMaster Smith
  • GrandMaster Smith

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 June 2014 - 12:27 AM

I don't see why we can't hide our minimap icon by going into sneak mode. Makes it pretty useless other than in DM's.

33d
  • 33d

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 30 June 2014 - 12:43 AM

I played through single player once with no radar or HUD because of how familiar I am with the game 
was a really immersive and rewarding experience, but online is a whole different story because you dont just need the radar for the map 

The Grapeseed
  • The Grapeseed

Crackhead

• BUSTED!
  • New-Zealand

Posted 30 June 2014 - 01:04 AM Edited by The Grapeseed, 30 June 2014 - 01:06 AM.

Well after reading the topic I have made a deathmatch, a sort of test for the idea, called LS County.

Its essentially what you guys are asking for, there are spawns throughout the LS county, each giving you a motorbike or a muscle car to start off with, some spawns are on the top of mountains with a bike so you are set to go.

You all have combat pistols to start with, and I have placed better weapons in unique locations all throughout the north LS county. There are even hidden choppers near the weapons and im considering hiding the Blazer and Rhino somewhere cool for those who like exploring.

So the idea is that everyone is off the radar and are all exploring and finding weapons, occasionally you bump into each other, well idk how this will play out tbh it could be interesting. You could hunt down players throughout the whole map, or lay in wait at one of the weapon locations to ambush them.

http://socialclub.ro...platformId=null

Let me know what you guys think of the idea, whether you would play a game like this, what can be added to it, what the spawns should be like, where the weapons should go, etc etc. I also made a separate topic for this in the content creator section.

• KeeNer187 and nomface11 like this

Keegeroo
  • Keegeroo

S Q U ∆ D

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 30 June 2014 - 01:49 AM

^damn sounds like a cool death match, wish my internet was working so I could play.

Sometimes I'll turn the radar off, usually in private lobbies or missions. Adds some challenge to otherwise boring missions

Off-radar lobbies were the sh*t in 4, I was honestly baffled to discover this wasn't an option in 5. R* add this sh*t!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users