Quantcast

» «
Photo

What's wrong with killing people in free roam?

142 replies to this topic
kilopm
  • kilopm

The guy who pit-manuevered you the other day

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 July 2014 - 07:33 AM

i got an idea, instead of Passive Mode, why not Passive Lobbies? In this mode, players cant kill other players or vice versa, nor can they blow up personal vehicles or vehicles that a player is currently driving. However, they are NOT immune to being killed by NPCs and they can still kill NPCs. Of course, this is only in free roam.

k what if someone has a bounty on them?

Wyllow
  • Wyllow

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 July 2014 - 07:49 AM

i got an idea, instead of Passive Mode, why not Passive Lobbies? In this mode, players cant kill other players or vice versa, nor can they blow up personal vehicles or vehicles that a player is currently driving. However, they are NOT immune to being killed by NPCs and they can still kill NPCs. Of course, this is only in free roam.

k what if someone has a bounty on them?

Those who get a bounty on them will have to wait until the bounty expires or is claimed before they can join a passive lobby.

Grumpy-Goat-
  • Grumpy-Goat-

Goats Rule!

• Paleto Bay Mayor's Office
  • United-States

Posted 11 July 2014 - 08:11 AM

Wow this certainly is full of whiners on all sides. Look folks it's free roam, it's anything goes and no holds barred. Deal with it. You don't have to like what other people are doing, but don't ever expect them to play the way you want them to. I myself play according to my mood; if I'm just killing time and venting some frustration, sure Ill jump in free mode and shoot whoever comes across my way in the face. What of it? Shoot me back. Sometimes I just put around explore and sh*t, but I don't have delusions that the guy driving by me climbing up the building isn't going to shoot me. Do I get all butt hurt about it? No. I either handle my business, or move on.

There is nothing that dictates how you should play in free-roam with randoms. There is no customary way to approach others, it's Darwinism people. People cry about everything, and talk sh*t about everything. If it's something you can do legit in-game (as in it was designed into it not that modder hacker sh*t) just suck it up or get out. Find like minded players to play with so you have a comfort zone. Just stop whining about how someone else has decided to play the game in an open lobby. No one gets special treatment.

Kelly007456
  • Kelly007456

Kill Patty Kill

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 July 2014 - 08:51 AM

never go on passive mode when killing randoms or being killed...whats the point....its no fun

HolographicBunny
  • HolographicBunny

[TITLE DELETED FOR SECURITY REASONS]

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 July 2014 - 09:25 AM Edited by HolographicBunny, 11 July 2014 - 10:09 AM.

Wow this certainly is full of whiners on all sides. Look folks it's free roam, it's anything goes and no holds barred. Deal with it. You don't have to like what other people are doing, but don't ever expect them to play the way you want them to. I myself play according to my mood; if I'm just killing time and venting some frustration, sure Ill jump in free mode and shoot whoever comes across my way in the face. What of it? Shoot me back. Sometimes I just put around explore and sh*t, but I don't have delusions that the guy driving by me climbing up the building isn't going to shoot me. Do I get all butt hurt about it? No. I either handle my business, or move on.

There is nothing that dictates how you should play in free-roam with randoms. There is no customary way to approach others, it's Darwinism people. People cry about everything, and talk sh*t about everything. If it's something you can do legit in-game (as in it was designed into it not that modder hacker sh*t) just suck it up or get out. Find like minded players to play with so you have a comfort zone. Just stop whining about how someone else has decided to play the game in an open lobby. No one gets special treatment.

I'm going to give everyone here who wasn't involved in the "anything you can do I can do better" aspect of the thread the benefit of the doubt and say that no one here is ignorant enough to be pushing for the complete obliteration of the opposition's playstyle. Thanks for the vote of confidence, but we got this.

No offense, but you're the biggest whiner in here. I'd have more respect for your view point had you only told one side of this discussion to shut it. You had some idea what this as going to be, based on topic title and frequency of response. If you find the conversation pointless, then why in the world would you participate in it?

An analogy: Imagine you're in a public place in RL, say, a bus stop. You strike up a debate with some stranger over a topic you both feel strongly about, but is relatively trivial. A debate whose outcome is never likely to be resolved between the two of you, and even if it was, would change nothing. Let's call it the old Kirk vs Picard debate, for the sake of argument. You notice another stranger's ears perk up when he picks the names Kirk and Picard out of the air. He moves closer and listens long enough to get a bead on whose in favor of who, and the major talking points of the argument. Then he walks up to you both and says, "This conversation is stupid and you're both stupid for having it. Both series are on Netflix. Watch whichever captain you prefer, just shut up and quit wasting my time." Then he walks off. I posit that not only is the third stranger being wildly obtuse about the point, but they're also being kind of an a$$hole.

Also, incorrect about one other thing. There IS a customary way to approach others in free roam, and that's the problem. Shoot on sight has very much become the status quo. I made this point a bit ago.

Imagine two players at a 24/7, one inside shopping, the other pulling up to stickup the joint and be on his way, neither of whom are player-hunters. If either one have much playtime under their belt, they're still pretty likely to drop everything and try to murder each other, on the mutual assumption that the other guy's going to do it first. That the only one who gets to keep on with their completely non-player-aggressive plans is the first one to fill the other's chest w/ buckshot.

Not being a shoot first player is increasingly problematic, and very frequently fatal. When my choices are become a player-hunter or die every 90 seconds, then no, I can't very well play however I want, can I? I can be a jerk, or I can be dead. That's my choice, and I'm not partial to either option.

I do. All the time.
Then again, I've got a bit of cash and I'm not the type to get all up in arms about dying. I've got the skill to usually be able to deter jerks and griefers. If I catch you spawn-killing me while I'm afk, I just decide you're an a$$hat and get revenge.
Or, I utterly fail to get revenge and move on to something else. $500 and 7 seconds to spawn ain't that deep.
It's still a jerk thing to do, w/ the unprovoked attacks. Sometimes less so, sometimes more depending on the lobby.

I don't get butt-hurt. I don't think I'm whining. I get revenge or I move on, as stated. Just like I don't quit races after some so-and-so drops 2 places fighting to PIT me, because obviously knocking that guy over there completely out of the running is more important than going fast and making money. I just catch up as best I can.

Then I come here, where I've been INVITED to be vocal about these sorts of things, and if I feel strongly I can be very vocal. Nothing in the world wrong w/ that. Nothing at all.
  • Handsome Z likes this

Grumpy-Goat-
  • Grumpy-Goat-

Goats Rule!

• United-States

Posted 11 July 2014 - 09:40 AM Edited by CallmeGoat, 11 July 2014 - 09:43 AM.

You talk a good game. Ill let you have it, and I won't point out all the faults and self-contradictions. 

HolographicBunny
  • HolographicBunny

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 July 2014 - 09:48 AM Edited by HolographicBunny, 11 July 2014 - 10:05 AM.

Please do. I invite criticism. Maybe you can help me sharpen my views on the subject. I'm not above being convinced I was wrong.

The entertainment value of this argument is half of the point.

P.S. I do commend us both for mutually editing the last two posts in a far more civil and potentially productive direction. That was a class move. My hat's off to you, sir.

Jehannum
  • Jehannum

PS4

• Members
  • England

Posted 11 July 2014 - 10:00 AM

An analogy: Imagine you're in a public place in RL, say, a bus stop. You strike up a debate with some stranger over a topic you both feel strongly about, but is relatively trivial. A debate whose outcome is never likely to be resolved between the two of you, and even if it was, would change nothing. Let's call it the old Kirk vs Picard debate, for the sake of argument. You notice another stranger's ears perk up when he picks the names Kirk and Picard out of the air.

If it's Spock, he'd be biased!

HolographicBunny
  • HolographicBunny

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 July 2014 - 10:03 AM

If it was Spock, how would you be able to tell his ears had perked up? ;)

Grumpy-Goat-
  • Grumpy-Goat-

Goats Rule!

• United-States

Posted 11 July 2014 - 10:32 AM

Please do. I invite criticism. Maybe you can help me sharpen my views on the subject. I'm not above being convinced I was wrong.

The entertainment value of this argument is half of the point.

P.S. I do commend us both for mutually editing the last two posts in a far more civil and potentially productive direction. That was a class move. My hat's off to you, sir.

Maybe next time. I've been up for a total of 32, wait no... 35 hours now. I'm tired. I just don't have the energy to banter right now.

Gerald Spoder
  • Gerald Spoder

Friendly Neighborhood Drug Dealer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 July 2014 - 10:36 AM

Why not just go after the people with psycho mental states and leave the others out of your deathmatch? You get extra rp and it's fun to spectate.....

wh1t31v3y
  • wh1t31v3y

Silent Assassin

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 11 July 2014 - 10:38 AM

Nothing. I came to terms months ago that if I don't want to kill or be killed by others to stay out of public sessions. Sucks sometimes cuz it makes meeting new players difficult but it's just the way it is. Deal with it
  • Grumpy-Goat- likes this

LoonySpangles
  • LoonySpangles

Psychosomatic Sociopath

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 July 2014 - 10:47 AM

I love free roam. I go around chasing other players and killing them. But sometimes I get hate mail and people cry. Why is this? In FREE roam, you are FREE to do whatever you want. Don't like it? Go do something else. I just want to know why people get mad when I kill them in FREE roam.

Who cares what you love? Who cares if you get reactions from players from what you love doing?

Why are you even bothering to ask silly questions all about it on this website?

Let me kill you over and over and see your reaction. Infact just try and defend yourself, I'm in the game now, lets find out.

Avery24
  • Avery24

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 July 2014 - 11:52 PM

If you want to kill so much, why don't you just do deathmatches?
  • jtattersalluk likes this

Death Magnetic
  • Death Magnetic

Not such a n00b

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 July 2014 - 12:21 AM

If some retard gets on the right side of the road I will splatter him
Sidewalks are there for a reason
If some retard shoots at me and misses
I will stop get out shoot their ass and move on
If some retard camps my house
I will go off radar leave my house and stick bomb them
Moral of the story
Don't be a retard

SMFtwstdHICK
  • SMFtwstdHICK

Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 July 2014 - 03:33 AM

Off radar is just as pussy as passive mode. 

Man up and take the player down or get taken down..

Death Magnetic
  • Death Magnetic

Not such a n00b

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 July 2014 - 03:49 AM

no it's the only stealth option you have.

davetopper
  • davetopper

Playa

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 July 2014 - 02:37 PM

The thing I notice about the people that go around killing others is that they r e a l l y do not like getting killed themselves. When I have them thoroughly bored by my passive mode I will wait until they aren't noticing, go into regular mode ( which by the way shouldn't be 9 seconds when you are being spawn killed ) and blow up their car that they have been running me over with. There is no more worthless a being than his means. I just then get out my trusty SAW and mow down the little interloper and spawn kill the crap out of him. And who whines? Get spawn killed for a few minutes by the same buster and he mouths off after you kill him once. And when you get revenge killed by me I make it count. I kill your corpse until you spawn elsewhere. Nothing like seeing yourself get blasted while the wasted screen is up. Most people after they kill just drive off like the pussn'boots they are. They don't even take my money. What's up with that, big bankroll in the street and they just run off. Me, man I kill the ass out of their corpse, take the loose change and up the ante blowing up their ride. Grand theft auto, and you can't steal it and make it yours. R* man up the ante here, when I want to burn a squeaker/griefer I want to burn a squeaker/griefer and steal their car. Make it worthwhile if the lonesome loser doesn't want to protect his ride. 

My best kills are when someone in his squeaker-mobile ( you know the one, with the clown horn, oh that thing makes me sad ) is coming up behind me on the highway and I stickybomb an NPC car and estimate where the interloper will be and blow him and his fine squeaker-mobile, UP. That's a rewarding yet stress inducing move. Although my success rate is pretty good. Been called a cock sucker on that move. Oh well. 

The best kill I have been given was when I had a bounty. I try to give those to people that are strait up. I get bounties by griefers ( funny that ) anyway. So I try to find players to give them to. There was a fella that I gave it to that had me dead to rights. I was in the salute stance waiting for it. Some other dillrod comes up, kills him and takes the bounty himself. Can't even give a good player an even break. Anyway the fair game kill I got having a bounty was from a guy chasing on my turf, the freeway. He veered off and I didn't see him for a while. Seems the only way to keep a bounty is to drive it off. Anyway he comes back with an attack helicopter. Now I have a white Verigo so this must have been fun trying to take out a car you can plainly see. I didn't make it easy but I didn't hide either. And with the stars he was getting trying to get me there were road blocks everywhere. Finally he hits a car, the car flies up, lands on mine killing me. Greatest bounty chase EVER. I text messaged him "GOD DAMN THAT WAS A FREAKING BLAST!". 

It is what it is, but if you're going to be a griefer, don't be a buzzkill when you get griefed yourself. 

gpcguy1
  • gpcguy1

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 13 July 2014 - 05:25 PM

People kill in free mode because it is fun since there are many things that can happen during fights.
No one plays DMs because they suck and not anywhere near as good as GTA IV's.

luisniko
  • luisniko

Darky Souls and Bloodybornie

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 July 2014 - 05:39 PM Edited by luisniko, 13 July 2014 - 05:40 PM.

People kill in free mode because it is fun since there are many things that can happen during fights.
No one plays DMs because they suck and not anywhere near as good as GTA IV's.

DM and TDM are great. You just suck at a fair fight.

Oh dear, this thread is all about tyranny and selfish attitude of bullies who complain about people who ask them to stop what they're doing and then crying here because people can't feed them 'fun'.

KAWASAKI KX 500
  • KAWASAKI KX 500

i just want a thropy truck

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 13 July 2014 - 10:14 PM

I love free roam. I go around chasing other players and killing them. But sometimes I get hate mail and people cry. Why is this? In FREE roam, you are FREE to do whatever you want. Don't like it? Go do something else. I just want to know why people get mad when I kill them in FREE roam.

Who cares what you love? Who cares if you get reactions from players from what you love doing?

Why are you even bothering to ask silly questions all about it on this website?

Let me kill you over and over and see your reaction. Infact just try and defend yourself, I'm in the game now, lets find out.

haha, man that is funny :D

JohndamnTravolta
  • JohndamnTravolta

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 July 2014 - 11:25 PM

Target practice, if you don't want to die, run faster, or fight. I spend most of my time in crew sessions though

SMFtwstdHICK
  • SMFtwstdHICK

Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 July 2014 - 11:39 PM

no it's the only stealth option you have.

LOL..

Stealth option? Please.. come on man, get into the sh*t.. Just get after the f*cker, no matter how many times he kills ya. Never quit, trust me I know. lol

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users