Quantcast

» «
Photo

What's wrong with killing people in free roam?

142 replies to this topic
Dr.Rosenthal
  • Dr.Rosenthal

Police Mocker

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 July 2014 - 01:41 PM

I don't think any changes should be made to the free roam, a huge part of it is just messing around and sometimes it's quite fun when an "argument" escalates and suddenly a whole block is turned into a warzone. It's not the end of the world if my character dies a couple of times, as long as I'm having fun while I'm at it.

But I don't understand what's fun about attacking defenseless players, and while I no longer care if that happens I can still feel for those who are disturbed by it.

Yesterday I happened to be in free roam and didn't bother to turn on passive mode while I was adjusting my TV display settings, and then all of a sudden a Merryweather truck comes along and starts shooting at me. So someone had actually wasted money to try and have mercenaries kill a completely passive player just standing on the sidewalk. Lol :)

Needless to say, I defended myself and then went to a solo session.

I still go by the principle of being friendly until attacked. If I die once, meh. Most players would benefit more from teaming up with me than just shooting at me on sight, so it's really their loss.

Those of you who are attacking defenseless/passive/lone players - wouldn't it be more fun to have at someone who actually wants to fight back? Or what do you gain from it?

(I too have shot defenseless players at various occasions, but it's very very rare because it feels so cheap and completely lacks challenge.)

• davetopper likes this

Katterly
  • Katterly

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 July 2014 - 05:02 PM

I mostly try to play with the live and let live way of thinking, but one to many times I've gotten killed for that, so if someone rides up on me and doesn't keep going, well I will defend my self :devil:

TurkeyShenanigans
  • TurkeyShenanigans

Deadly Force Authorized

• Members
  • Commonwealth

Posted 04 July 2014 - 05:12 PM Edited by TurkeyShenanigans, 04 July 2014 - 05:14 PM.

1. It's a douche move to people who want to explore.

2. It gets people mad who just want to play the game.

3. Some people want to find and mod rare cars.

4. It makes you look like a selfish idiot who takes their anger out on other people.

• davetopper likes this

wwinterj
  • wwinterj

Boss

• Members

Posted 04 July 2014 - 05:18 PM

I go into free roam just to do that, and sometimes also get killed. At the moment eighteen kills to unlock green tint on my assault shotgun, and two more kills to get a gold award with the Shotgun Blues award, won't kill and unlock themselves.

Lol I'm sure you killed me today while I tried to get that bounty off your head.  :panic:

HalaluSlakt
  • HalaluSlakt

Rat

• BUSTED!
  • Morocco

Posted 05 July 2014 - 12:14 AM Edited by HalaluSlakt, 10 July 2014 - 06:42 PM.

You don't wanna meet me... you just don't. I kill everything and everyone no matter what. If you meet me... prepare to get your ass kicked

sharkstuff
  • sharkstuff

Winner

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 July 2014 - 02:26 AM

If I play in a random lobby I always go into passive mode so others dont think im a threat as I would rather make friends to do race trades or missions with. Even though as soon as I approach people there 1st thought is "hey, lets shoot at the guy who cant be shot" durr!! Then they decide to try and run my character over so that results in me leaving the session and trying another one. As the OP stated, we are free to do as we please in free roam but I believe he is focused more on the "free" than the "roam" its not called "free killing spree" that would be death match.

Hey man what bike is that in your avatar?

Thats my kawasaki.

AboveAndBeyoncé
  • AboveAndBeyoncé

Yonce Fan

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 July 2014 - 02:30 AM

I'M ONE DEADLY BEAST

halaluslakt.jpg

You don't wanna meet me... you just don't. I kill everything and everyone no matter what. If you meet me... prepare to get your ass kicked

But your a broke ass gta player

WWrestlingNewz
  • WWrestlingNewz

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 July 2014 - 11:31 PM

There is no rule that says you can't kill another player for no reason.

I'M ONE DEADLY BEASThalaluslakt.jpg

You sound ridiculous. If it's a fight you want and you're on PS3, and you run into me or my crew we will tear you to sheds. We conquer lobbies and we will conquer you or anyone not in the crew. BITW

MrCamo
  • MrCamo

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 08 July 2014 - 01:24 AM Edited by MrCamo, 08 July 2014 - 01:26 AM.

Sometimes people need to die, so sh:t happens. Sometimes I need to die apparently: so sh*t happens to me. Theres always gonna be somebody hunting you unless you're in a private room.

Red Lynx 23
  • Red Lynx 23

Rooftop Sniper

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 July 2014 - 06:51 AM

I go into free roam just to do that, and sometimes also get killed. At the moment eighteen kills to unlock green tint on my assault shotgun, and two more kills to get a gold award with the Shotgun Blues award, won't kill and unlock themselves.

Lol I'm sure you killed me today while I tried to get that bounty off your head.  :panic:

The helicopter stalker? The last person who tried to claim a bounty followed my jet ski in an unarmed Merryweather helicopter, got close enough to get stickybombed and buried at sea. Then came after me in a boat. Then I was told some steaks were done being grilled so I left the game in a hurry. 

Kelly007456
  • Kelly007456

Kill Patty Kill

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 July 2014 - 08:03 AM

I'M ONE DEADLY BEAST

halaluslakt.jpg

like your style 

bucktown911
  • bucktown911

Player Hater

• Members
  • Switzerland

Posted 08 July 2014 - 10:07 AM Edited by bucktown911, 08 July 2014 - 10:09 AM.

I have 13 Kills with the Tank and around 20 Kills with Sticky Bombs.. the Rest is Sniper, Carbine Rifle and many Buzzard Kills.. i love hate mails and cry babys.

sig.png

most players are just retarded anyway, this is GTA and not the SIMS. If you get killed constantly then switch the lobby or better the Game.. buy a WiiU and play Mario Kart.. its almost like GTA Races but you cant get shoot.

• Gnarlady likes this

SMFtwstdHICK
  • SMFtwstdHICK

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 July 2014 - 02:07 PM

You sound ridiculous. If it's a fight you want and you're on PS3, and you run into me or my crew we will tear you to sheds. We conquer lobbies and we will conquer you or anyone not in the crew. BITW

Sometimes people need to die, so sh:t happens. Sometimes I need to die apparently: so sh*t happens to me. Theres always gonna be somebody hunting you unless you're in a private room.

Yes, Exactly.. Like the moron who posted above you.. LOL

luisniko
  • luisniko

@ Elpis

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 July 2014 - 02:34 PM

Don't like it? Go do something else. I just want to know why people get mad when I kill them in FREE roam.

You don't like it when people prefer nobody bothers them? This is FREE roam. Why are you mad when people want to do their own stuff?

Don't like it? Go do something else.

SMFtwstdHICK
  • SMFtwstdHICK

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 July 2014 - 04:16 PM

Don't like it? Go do something else. I just want to know why people get mad when I kill them in FREE roam.

You don't like it when people prefer nobody bothers them? This is FREE roam. Why are you mad when people want to do their own stuff?

Don't like it? Go do something else.

Why? He can just keep killing anyone he sees.. lol

TheGtaAnimals
  • TheGtaAnimals

Grove Member

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 July 2014 - 04:39 PM Edited by TheGtaAnimals, 08 July 2014 - 04:43 PM.

Lets see now. In Free Roam, your able to do whatever you want, which is exactly why it is free roam. Have your parents ever said "Walk in other peoples shoes"? Lets say that you were level 13, and you wanted to enjoy GTA Online, you go into 24/7 to buy some snacks, suddenly some guy with a Mini Gun comes up to you and shoots you down. That really does suck, especially when someone comes up to you in a Tank, and like one of you guys said, calls you a pussy when you go into Passive Mode.

I know in Free Roam your able to do whatever you want, and there are no rules, but have some respect for players. I'm actually glad that Rockstar added the Mental State feature so you could see who's going crazy. At least now you could stay away from those assholes. For me though, I mostly kill people that either anger me, or I kill them in self defense, that's all.

thegtaanimals.png

My kills is mostly from self defense.

My deaths are from those people who randomly killed me or actually gunned me down when I was defenseless (Me driving around and suddenly there is a sticky bomb on my car)

GTA Online was really meant for us to be friendly like in the trailers.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=mFfsN8JGRC0

But instead, it turns out that we all ended up turning on each other. Which is why GTA Online gets annoying.

When someone messes with me while their in a buzzard, I snipe them out.

When someone randomly kills me, I chase them down.

When someone TRIES to kill me, they get a headshot to the brain.

If a noob tries to kill me, I kill them once and let them go.

If someone is robbing a store, I help them out.

Sometimes people who randomly kill others don't know what's coming to them. Trust me, there was a guy in a Tank that chased me and my friend, we made a plan, we brought him to a parking garage, since its hard to make turns in there, I ran up and threw him out, and stole it for myself.

Some guy got mad when I killed him when he had a bounty. Don't get mad over that, your suppose to kill bounties.

Some guy rage quit when he got killed too many times after he tried to throw a sticky bomb on my car. He shouldn't have done that.

To all you fools who kill others randomly, if you have a PS3, you better make sure you don't meet Sonicrush99.

To all you fools who kill others randomly who have an Xbox, hope you meet someone like me.

This isn't COD, this is GTA, Cod is a shoot em up, GTA is a sandbox.

• Gnarlady likes this

OriginalCharacter
  • OriginalCharacter

Gay Street Racer [RETIRED]

• Members
  • Egypt

Posted 08 July 2014 - 04:41 PM

This topic is tedious.  Because you lack imagination and can think of nothing to do but kill other players to bolster your clearly lacking self-esteem does not mean that that is the be-all end-all objective of every single person playing GTA.  There's a thing called a deathmatch.  I tell you what, if you have to do something just because Rockstar made it possible, just kill yourself over and over again until you log off, ffs.  This is why I do play invite only lobbies.  Stupid 12 year old's can't figure out how to actually get anything out of a sandbox game.  Go back to The Last of Us and f*ck off.

pretty much this

some people want to do things in freeroam other than play the game like baby-assed CoD. it's a sandbox game, not a shoot-em-up. the fact all 85% of GTA players know how to do is PvP eachother just shows they have no imagination and that's why i've stopped trying to find randoms to play this game with- because most of them are boring, generic, uncreative players, with a boring, generic and uncreative playstyle. and it's annoying that they want to try to force this garbage playstyle down everyone's throats, seemingly trying to mold a sandbox game into yet another sh*tty military shooter.

and people who want to enjoy this sandbox game for what it is shouldn't be constantly subjected to invite only. like budcat said, there's deathmatch. have you ever thought, before shouting "invite only", maybe the PvPers should all f*ck off and go play Prizon Thugz Fight, or whatever other sh*tty deathmatches there are? or....you know, they can just play CoD or something.

SMFtwstdHICK
  • SMFtwstdHICK

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 July 2014 - 05:07 PM

Free roam is my DM... Don't give a sh*t if you care or not.

doublehelix
  • doublehelix

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 July 2014 - 05:24 PM

Deathmatch is heavily compromised anyway, good luck sifting through endless lobbies of 10,000RP & $$$$$$$ BS

All the achievements and unlocks attached to player killing still apply in free roam, and plenty of people out there who don't shy away from fights so what is the problem really? Report people as griefers if they're genuinely being an unstoppable dick, they'll find their way into Bad Sport soon enough

OverdueBills
  • OverdueBills

Hamburglar

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 July 2014 - 05:38 PM

I play free roam to make friends. It's bright red blip kids like you who dont have friends.

I imagine you're the kind of kid who would join and invite only session and start killing everyone, and base you actions on "just cause it's invite only doesnt mean it isnt free roam LAWLUMAD"

Gnarlady
  • Gnarlady

The gnarliest of all ladies

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 July 2014 - 08:01 PM Edited by Gnarlady, 09 July 2014 - 01:43 AM.

I'll never understand the logic behind people who whine like babies every time they get killed in free roam. That's the risk you KNOWINGLY take when you play in public lobbies with a bunch of people you don't know. I understand it gets annoying, but honestly, if you don't like it, either shut the Fu*k up, put your big boy pants on and accept it while firing back, or go private.  

• ctan800 likes this

ctan800
  • ctan800

Hot-Headed Beat Cop

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 July 2014 - 09:02 PM

I love free roam. I go around chasing other players and killing them. But sometimes I get hate mail and people cry. Why is this? In FREE roam, you are FREE to do whatever you want. Don't like it? Go do something else. I just want to know why people get mad when I kill them in FREE roam.

The first time I felt indiscriminate killing is encouraged was the first day of entering GTA Online.

After finishing the tutorial where it said I can go into cool street races and own houses, and having a upbeat tune of that Neon Something "Change of Coasts" song, I was immediately taught the unfairness and cruelty of the World of GTA, by being run over, THREE TIMES by a bunch of kids piled up into a car, with AKs shooting in the air. 

Each time they ran me over, they called me a "fa**ot". I eventually hid in the bushes and killed them with my handgun, got my first Bad Sport point by being reported for "cheating", and after my first mission, "Meth'd Up" or "Violent Duct", I promptly killed my teammates that spawned next to me after completing the mission, just for good measure.

Alot of my college friends tried this game, and gave up in frustration from all the little kids shooting up lowbies. But I kept on going, and prevailed as the biggest asshole to terrorize any unfortunate lobby that I come across. 

Unless provoked, and usually I am very deeply "provoked", I wouldn't hurt anyone. But if someone tries to run me over while I am changing clothes at the store, blows up my car at the LS Customs, or waits outside buzzing my door to kill me. I consider it a challenge to be the biggest griefer and internet douche that you meet. 

kilopm
  • kilopm

The guy who pit-manuevered you the other day

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 July 2014 - 09:44 PM

Have you ever thought of the other half of the title in free ROAM, as in people are FREE to ROAM the world of GTAO without constantly being shot and blown up?

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if the OP started organizing tank shifts,,,

gt3crazy
  • gt3crazy

The Boss

• Members
  • Kuwait

Posted 08 July 2014 - 10:53 PM Edited by gt3crazy, 08 July 2014 - 10:49 PM.

I'M ONE DEADLY BEAST

halaluslakt.jpg

Are you sure? I can f*ck you up in a shootout

I'll take the challenge. I'm really gonna enjoy killing every member of your crew that points a gun at me

DJ_DC99
  • DJ_DC99

Local Troll

• BUSTED!
  • Portugal

Posted 08 July 2014 - 11:04 PM

If you kill me, oh boy you can run but you'll die tired.
Don't underestimate me and my Minigun, we have a strong bond.

HalaluSlakt
  • HalaluSlakt

Rat

• BUSTED!
  • Morocco

Posted 09 July 2014 - 03:40 AM

I myself will conquer u and your whole crew. Both u and your whole crew are piece of sh*t. I will pwn u all

HalaluSlakt
  • HalaluSlakt

Rat

• BUSTED!
  • Morocco

Posted 09 July 2014 - 03:50 AM

No u can't, bitch. I would've f*cked u up easily. I'M ONE DEADLY BEAST. You understand that?

TheHammer
  • TheHammer

Oligarch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 July 2014 - 06:08 AM

IBut I don't understand what's fun about attacking defenseless players, and while I no longer care if that happens I can still feel for those who are disturbed by it.

Who is defenseless in GTA? we're all carrying at least 10 different guns loaded with amo, rockets, grenades, bombs etc...   no one is defenseless

HolographicBunny
  • HolographicBunny

[TITLE DELETED FOR SECURITY REASONS]

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 July 2014 - 06:32 AM

Who is defenseless in GTA? we're all carrying at least 10 different guns loaded with amo, rockets, grenades, bombs etc...   no one is defenseless

Players sitting motionless in there personal vehicle, two yards from a blue job circle (an obvious indicator that they finished a job, returned to freemode, and put their controller down for a moment.) Players with their back turned to you, standing at a counter or a rack, and 99% likely to be in a menu interaction. Players in a Maverick. Swimming players more than 10-15 yards from shore.

I'm sure if I tried I could think of a few more.
  • Dr.Rosenthal likes this

Inked 1994
  • Inked 1994

InKeD

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 July 2014 - 06:34 AM

No u can't, bitch. I would've f*cked u up easily. I'M ONE DEADLY BEAST. You understand that?
Take off your shirt and fight me, bro.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users