Quantcast

» «
Photo

What's wrong with killing people in free roam?

142 replies to this topic
Budm87
  • Budm87

Player Hater

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 3 weeks ago

I kill everyone I don't care what they are doing. If it moves, shoot it.

Don't wanna die? Go play my little pony.

This guy gets it.

Inked 1994
  • Inked 1994

InKeD

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by Inked 1994, 3 weeks ago.

Well there Mr soldier of freedom. Have you ever thought that this freedom you claim to love so much applies to everyone. Am I not free to test out my new car on the streets without it getting blown up. Am I not free to chill with friends and have a demo derby with them. Think before you post.
Its not just your game so stop acting like a selfish child. If you wanna kill stuff maybe deathmatch would be your thing. You get to shoot people and get money for it. Although maybe the thought of them fighting back on equal ground scares you

No one said it doesn't apply to everyone. You can do what you want just like anyone else. Want to test a new car? That's fine. Someone else might want to blow you up in that new car. That's fine too. You knowingly accept that risk everytime you go into an open lobby. Honestly, think before YOU post. Can just use your own argument on you. You want to have a demolition derby with friends? There's custom races you can create, maybe that could be your thing. Its not just your game neither, so until either you or Rockstar create a rule book on how you need to play free roam, don't tell anyone else how to play.
  • CallmeGoat likes this

joshjda
  • joshjda

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by joshjda, 3 weeks ago.

In all honesty there should be an entire other server with no rules for people to do that no cops etc so they can just go ape sh*t. Then there should be the normal players server with bad sport everytime you use explosives on other players and all rules and restrictions in full play so those who want to just wonder around with other players can do so without harrassment.

Should also be booted from the normal server to the lawless 1 and barred from coming back rather then cheaters or dunce pool business.

JoeBoneless
  • JoeBoneless

Thug

• Members

Posted 3 weeks ago

I'm still confused as to this non-issue

1. Free roam- prepare to die

2. Want to accomplish something uninterrupted? Solo session

3. Invite only session- you can do what you want, and then invite people you trust to play with if your soooo afraid of someone blowing you up

If a jerk like me can make friends on there and all I do is rampage you should be fine

But we don't need special servers and crap. We need the players to stop being so retarded and whiny.

Budm87
  • Budm87

Player Hater

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 3 weeks ago

I enjoy camping outside of Simeon's garage for people bringing the special vehicles. I shoot them right before they make it inside, steal the car, and take the cash.

Easy money. Just make sure to call Lester beforehand so they don't notice before it's too late!

SMFtwstdHICK
  • SMFtwstdHICK

s1ckmad3 peasant

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

Nothing wrong with it at all. f*ck em' if they can't take a joke. 

Half the fun is hearing them whine and cry after you kill em. ..

DTA.. If there is a white dot near me with no blue around it.. And, if I can, I am killin them. Blowin up their car. I really don't care.

kadajacs
  • kadajacs

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 3 weeks ago

If you wanna enjoy gta online play it by yourself. Hmm don't make sense to me. Oh well suppose ill wait until next gen. Maybe ppl will have grown up in that time.

dewtech_2008
  • dewtech_2008

Boldly going forwards, 'cause we can't find reverse

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 3 weeks ago

Best thing is to find a good crew that think the way you do, that's whats made the game last so long for me. We sometimes end up in open lobbies where sadly it does end up a fire fight, but in an Invite only there's an amazing amount of stuff to do with others

Aaron030792
  • Aaron030792

I love curry. :D

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by Aaron030792, 3 weeks ago.

Nothing 'wrong' with it as such. Just baffling that people get so much enjoyment out of killing an interactive person over and over again.

Still don't agree with unprovoked attacking. But that's just my opinion.

Now, where did I put My Little Pony again...?
  • JoeBoneless likes this

MetalThrasherXtreme
  • MetalThrasherXtreme

Prankster

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

I'm still confused as to this non-issue

1. Free roam- prepare to die

2. Want to accomplish something uninterrupted? Solo session

3. Invite only session- you can do what you want, and then invite people you trust to play with if your soooo afraid of someone blowing you up

If a jerk like me can make friends on there and all I do is rampage you should be fine

But we don't need special servers and crap. We need the players to stop being so retarded and whiny.

No, we do need special servers and we need less people like you who make the game a sh*tty place nobody wants to come back to. 

I'm not even taking it personally, as I really don't care when people go for me, I usually kill them anyways. 

The casual player isn't gonna wanna stick around in a game that's filled with assholes and playing in private lobbies defeats the entire purpose of online, which is to play with other players. 

Why even bother playing it at that point? Just play Story, at least there's more sh*t to do. 

Jehannum
  • Jehannum

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

To clarify I can and do engage in free roam battles quite effectively. But I'm not above killing characters that are just left standing outside by their respective players. Mostly because of how high Rockstar sets the number of kills to get platinum awards, tattoos, and weapon tints.

People seriously go for that stupid sh*t?

It's all pointless and hardly noticeable. 

If that's how they play the game, yes. That much should be obvious. It's 'pointless' to you, not to others. Whatever you do may be 'pointless' to them.

Killing people is a legitimate pursuit in Free Roam. It's rewarded by R*. It's fun.

• Red Lynx 23 likes this

Potato Bizzle
  • Potato Bizzle

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

If you kill me for no reason, expect multiple crew members to join my session and rape your ass before you go into passive mode or take off across the map like a bitch.

Red Lynx 23
  • Red Lynx 23

Biased towards women in real life photoshoots too

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

I did have a squeeker kill me because "f*ck you I can kill who I want" while I was playing with the firework launcher yesterday. So when he tried to do the exact same thing to me a second time, his Entity and himself got shot to hell with an assault shottie. Then his squeekmobile was set on fire and destroyed by my fireworks launcher. So right back at the tough guy. 

• SMFtwstdHICK likes this

Jehannum
  • Jehannum

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

If you kill me for no reason, expect multiple crew members to join my session and rape your ass before you go into passive mode or take off across the map like a bitch.

I consider those who rope in their 'crew' members (because they're incapable of revenge on their own) to be the pussies in this kind of scenario. Anyone who can't fight his own battles is an anal c*nt.

lolzz19
  • lolzz19

Peon

• Members

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by lolzz19, 3 weeks ago.

Wow, people get this mad at players killing them in freemode? Hahaha, you do know theres no rules that say you cant kill people in GTA?

When people kill me in freemode, I simply kill them back untill they stop, sometimes I also follow them around untill they leave. You people whining about 'griefers' and spawnkillers are acting like children being bullied. And we all know that the best way to get rid of a bully is to beat the sh*t out of him. Which is what you should do to the people annoying you in Free mode, then you can go about your bussiness.

Edit: I also see that people are calling players that go off the radar cowards. It seems like everyone that actually uses what tools they have gotten to play with in free mode are fa**ots or squeakers, or 'losers with low self esteem'

rudeuk2
  • rudeuk2

Square Civilian

• Awaiting Authorisation
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

Other player message: WHY?

Rambo's reply: For the money, for the power and for the glory!

Then they get killed again...

Seriously though, once and only once has a player had the balls to message me to stop killing him in a fight, so I did stop.

I like the anticipation of the moment when two players come face to face and no one shoots. I allow 5 seconds for them to leave peacefully, after that, they are dog food.

SMFtwstdHICK
  • SMFtwstdHICK

s1ckmad3 peasant

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by SMFtwstdHICK, 3 weeks ago.

I always like killing a player and it goes back and forth.. Then, after a while some other player comes around, kills one of us who were previously just killing each other, and then we hunt down that player together. LOL.. 

I've met some cool players when going back and forth killing each other.. No bs, just, "hey, f*cking great shot man".. sh*t like that. THe whiners and babies I can do without.. The players that can actually take being killed are alright by me. 

Lolz0rdz
  • Lolz0rdz

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 3 weeks ago

If people don't wanna die then why not use safe mode?

SMFtwstdHICK
  • SMFtwstdHICK

s1ckmad3 peasant

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

There's Story Mode for players like that.. 

Why go online? It was meant for carnage and chaos. 

hvcciookay
  • hvcciookay

• Members
  • Wallis-And-Futuna

Posted 3 weeks ago

Why kill 1 person in free-roam when you can kill 15 others in DM?
  • Dr.Rosenthal likes this

jcph3
  • jcph3

Oligarch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

There is no Safe Mode. There is a Passive Mode but it will put a bigger target on your back.  

Invite only if you dont want to die

rudeuk2
  • rudeuk2

Square Civilian

• Awaiting Authorisation
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

Free roam = Dog eats dog.

All the others = you live.

Simple as that really.

Stop campaigning to clean up free roam, it won't change and why should it? You have plenty of other options. Passive mode is a joke, you will die.... more and more passives are becoming a target for people who want the reward of doing something they shouldn't have done. Another joke is that you don't even die, you respawn. You're not bothered about your K/D or trophies obviously so whats the problem? You get killed, the killer gets his meat, you move on. No big deal. Leave the session if it's too hostile. It takes seconds to do that. Don't want to leave your pals? Then you should have been in invite only in the first place. Want to make new friends? Go chat up another white dot then leave. 

The big deal is that if you take it personally and if that is the case then you shouldn't play this game because no one gives a crap about you or each other. You are a number so to speak. Remember that next time you are being spawn killed by a 12 year old. (Don't take that personally)

There was a player I killed in a clothes shop, he messaged the usual 'why'? He was level 30. I was in a forgiving mood as usual and I advised him that if he wanted to get kitted out for a half hour, to do that in invite only etc. Free roam is not the place to survive pansying about. (And yes, I just added that word to the English language and no I'm not an asshat and live a very fulfilling life)

There are other games where you can buy a flower pot for your window sill, shiny bracelets or explore the wild land and eat burgers, free roam GTAO isn't it (there isn't any animals except the ones pulling the trigger) People come on free roam to let off steam or they are stoned, Oh and children. They can be identified by A) the state of their car before they have driven it, and B) the state of their car after they have driven it.

As I wrote, free roam won't change and it'll get worse or stagnate (which is highly unlikely). I want R* to work on content that makes us say 'mine is bigger than yours', some more advanced fighting skills and ways to set players up for a fall. (I love putting stickies on the walls at Simeons) 

It doesn't make you any less of a man or woman playing outside free roam, just leave it for the players that enjoy it of which I am sure there are plenty.

My fingers hurt now after typing all that so I'm off for a beer to recover.

Tao Cheng
  • Tao Cheng

Man I'm fuuuucked up!

• Members
  • China

Posted 3 weeks ago

Originally I was like to each their own, but getting platinum awards for certain kills drove me to kill unsuspecting bystanders.

• jcph3 likes this

rudeuk2
  • rudeuk2

Square Civilian

• Awaiting Authorisation
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

Originally I was like to each their own, but getting platinum awards for certain kills drove me to kill unsuspecting bystanders.

SEE! That's why we kill you.

Tao Cheng
  • Tao Cheng

Man I'm fuuuucked up!

• Members
  • China

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by Tao Cheng, 3 weeks ago.

SEE! That's why we kill you.

Unsuspecting meaning swaggies who go 1 on 1 until I jump in on the action and kill both of them. If it's someone minding their own business I leave them alone.

IF it's in a room filled with crew members SWAG, GUAP, C4SH MONIES or whatever, I go on a full out rampage lol

• hvcciookay likes this

SMFtwstdHICK
  • SMFtwstdHICK

s1ckmad3 peasant

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

I don't understand this crap..

It's GTA.. Isn't supposed to be insane? Killings, blood, fires, etc? 

Just complete chaos.. It's beautiful. 

• rudeuk2 likes this

Skylan
  • Skylan

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

OP wins, because he got all of you to start arguing amongst yourselves when he hasn't bothered, and will not bother, to reply, ever. You morons. You're the reason stupid topics like these continue to be created. You could just ignore it, but nooo.

• sSphInXx likes this

Awesome9822
  • Awesome9822

NYEH!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

I can see why people get mad when they die. Even if they go in passive mode, they are either ran over by other players in their cars, or shot at when they are in their personal vehicle. They cant do anything about it. Some players dont want to be killed and just wanna have fun with other players. If they go into invite only/solo session wouldnt that be a little boring? How will they meet new friends? Seriously, if your killing a person and they go into passive mode you should stop and leave them alone rather than making yourself look like an douche. Just sayin. :/

rudeuk2
  • rudeuk2

Square Civilian

• Awaiting Authorisation
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

OP wins, because he got all of you to start arguing amongst yourselves when he hasn't bothered, and will not bother, to reply, ever. You morons. You're the reason stupid topics like these continue to be created. You could just ignore it, but nooo.

OP wins what? It's a discussion with the odd pointless comment thrown in here and there from posters who are attempting to get other peoples backs up and who don't want to participate (which they are free to do apparently). If you're right, shut the forum down then, thank you and goodnight.

Do you not think that it would satisfy a lot of players if there was a free roam cease fire lobby? What's you're opinion? judging by your post, I don't think you have any issues either way.

Topics like this are repeatedly created because not one of them contains a continuous constructive discussion and there is no resolve. If you have a complaint or are upset by a discussion, raise the issue in the relevant place where you can discuss with like minded posters or discuss it with a moderator who I'm sure would like to hear your feedback.  :^:

Stick that in your pipe and smoke it...

sSphInXx
  • sSphInXx

Valley Of The Kings

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

If I play in a random lobby I always go into passive mode so others dont think im a threat as I would rather make friends to do race trades or missions with. Even though as soon as I approach people there 1st thought is "hey, lets shoot at the guy who cant be shot" durr!! Then they decide to try and run my character over so that results in me leaving the session and trying another one. As the OP stated, we are free to do as we please in free roam but I believe he is focused more on the "free" than the "roam" its not called "free killing spree" that would be death match.

Hey man what bike is that in your avatar?
  • sharkstuff likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users