Quantcast

» «
Photo

What's wrong with killing people in free roam?

142 replies to this topic
Pink Fly
  • Pink Fly

Square Civilian

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 29 June 2014 - 01:59 PM

I love free roam. I go around chasing other players and killing them. But sometimes I get hate mail and people cry. Why is this? In FREE roam, you are FREE to do whatever you want. Don't like it? Go do something else. I just want to know why people get mad when I kill them in FREE roam.

• ctan800 likes this

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 29 June 2014 - 02:02 PM

Why do you keep making stupid topics?..lol

• Jeone, jtet37, Wombater_18 and 1 other like this

poppafewpills
  • poppafewpills

R.I.P. The Dupes....

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 June 2014 - 02:22 PM

Stupid is as stupid does.
  • MajorVienna, dewtech_2008 and ZeroSafe5615 like this

Red Lynx 23
  • Red Lynx 23

GTA Supercop

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 June 2014 - 06:50 PM

I go into free roam just to do that, and sometimes also get killed. At the moment eighteen kills to unlock green tint on my assault shotgun, and two more kills to get a gold award with the Shotgun Blues award, won't kill and unlock themselves.

• Godeater likes this

dewtech_2008
  • dewtech_2008

Boldly going forwards, 'cause we can't find reverse

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 29 June 2014 - 06:53 PM

Goddam the retard bus must have made an extra stop here today...

As much as it's free roam to you, its the same to them. You want to be a douche then thats your choice, but they have as much right to not be killed as you have to try and kill them.

Open lobbies are a rarety for me, rather be in invite only with people I know aren't morons...

• Magick, davetopper, theGTAking101 and 5 others like this

Inked 1994
  • Inked 1994

InKeD

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 June 2014 - 07:04 PM

Absolutely nothing. Free roam means we have the free will to do whatever we want with the games features. If they didn't want us killing each other we wouldn't be able to. Simple as that. People need to stop complaining if they get killed. Its their fault anyways. They're the ones who go into open free roam lobby's knowing the type of mentality people in GTA have. Its not too hard to avoid hostile players, you're given more than enough options in the game itself and yet they take advantage of none of it, then are shocked when they get killed. Far as I'm concerned they deserve to die.
  • bloodyninejm likes this

KAWASAKI KX25OF
  • KAWASAKI KX25OF

Valhallas fallen mc president

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 29 June 2014 - 07:18 PM

some people play free roam to do things, not to get killed or kill, so if someone asks you to not attack them anymore then please respect that, you should be able to play free roam without getting attacked for no obvious reason

• Magick, theGTAking101 and KingRyujin-- like this

Budm87
  • Budm87

Player Hater

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 29 June 2014 - 08:00 PM

some people play free roam to do things, not to get killed or kill, so if someone asks you to not attack them anymore then please respect that, you should be able to play free roam without getting attacked for no obvious reason

Then join an invite-only lobby if you don't want to get killed by other players.

• Contrasting likes this

KAWASAKI KX25OF
  • KAWASAKI KX25OF

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 29 June 2014 - 08:20 PM

Then join an invite-only lobby if you don't want to get killed by other players.

im not talking just about me! i talk of ALL the people who explore the game and it's features and don't want to constantly be interrupted by other players, there should be NO need to play alone in a invite only to do such! after all how are you going to make new friends? if you play alone all the time? 

• Jioyt 123 likes this

Budm87
  • Budm87

Player Hater

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 29 June 2014 - 08:23 PM

im not talking just about me! i talk of ALL the people who explore the game and it's features and don't want to constantly be interrupted by other players, there should be NO need to play alone in a invite only to do such! after all how are you going to make new friends? if you play alone all the time? 

Obviously you're unfamiliar with the history of GTA. You realize it's a game about violent criminals?

KAWASAKI KX25OF
  • KAWASAKI KX25OF

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 29 June 2014 - 08:27 PM

Obviously you're unfamiliar with the history of GTA. You realize it's a game about violent criminals?

Obviously you do not understand what my point is! Yes gta is a violent game full of criminal actions, but does that mean you can't explore all the amazing details in a normal free mode without getting attack by a random in a tank that calls you a pussy for going passive? when you really just want to buy a simple beer from a 247? 

budcat
  • budcat

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 29 June 2014 - 08:31 PM

This topic is tedious.  Because you lack imagination and can think of nothing to do but kill other players to bolster your clearly lacking self-esteem does not mean that that is the be-all end-all objective of every single person playing GTA.  There's a thing called a deathmatch.  I tell you what, if you have to do something just because Rockstar made it possible, just kill yourself over and over again until you log off, ffs.  This is why I do play invite only lobbies.  Stupid 12 year old's can't figure out how to actually get anything out of a sandbox game.  Go back to The Last of Us and f*ck off.

• WHAT!?, Magick, davetopper and 8 others like this

Tipster98
  • Tipster98

Detroit Tigers Fan

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 June 2014 - 08:42 PM

The way i see it is that if people are stalking you or doing other suspicious stuff. Sure lets start a war with each other (Until someone gets a tank) But if your just cruising around in lets say your Tornado or Manana, and some jack*ss comes speeding up to you for no reason in a Zentorno and throws a sticky bomb on your car and blows it up. Thats when it gets annoying and goes too far. I dont care what anybody says, those are the people who ruin the game.

• Magick, theGTAking101, cloudfuel and 4 others like this

budcat
  • budcat

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 29 June 2014 - 08:57 PM Edited by budcat, 29 June 2014 - 08:58 PM.

But if your just cruising around in lets say your Tornado or Manana, and some jack*ss comes speeding up to you for no reason in a Zentorno and throws a sticky bomb on your car and blows it up. Thats when it gets annoying and goes too far. I dont care what anybody says, those are the people who ruin the game.

I was going to say someone in a buzzard blows up someone on a boat or bmx.  They're just too cowardly to deathmatch but in their mind "your just to dum, hurr."

MetalThrasherXtreme
  • MetalThrasherXtreme

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 June 2014 - 09:10 PM

The way I see it, while you're technically free to do whatever you want, I highly doubt R* implemented the Free Roam sessions to be a massive war between the entire lobby. 

If you go around picking off unsuspecting players then acting like you're hard sh*t I've got news for you: You suck. Plain and simple. You can't even face actual competition. 

These are the same people that go around picking off low levels, only to get their asses handed to them when they try to roll up on a 100+ in their chrome/dollar rimmed Zentorno. 

If you wanna kill people, at least get paid for it in a DM, otherwise you're just a tool tbh. 

And I don't mind getting in Free Roam battles but I usually know where the fights are and I'll drive to them and willingly engage in them myself. What you're describing is pussy sh*t, plain and simple. 

• JWitfield and davetopper like this

sharkstuff
  • sharkstuff

Winner

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 29 June 2014 - 09:41 PM

If I play in a random lobby I always go into passive mode so others dont think im a threat as I would rather make friends to do race trades or missions with. Even though as soon as I approach people there 1st thought is "hey, lets shoot at the guy who cant be shot" durr!! Then they decide to try and run my character over so that results in me leaving the session and trying another one. As the OP stated, we are free to do as we please in free roam but I believe he is focused more on the "free" than the "roam" its not called "free killing spree" that would be death match.

MuhNamesTyler
  • MuhNamesTyler

Random dude #42599

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 June 2014 - 09:44 PM

I love free roam. I go around chasing other players and killing them. But sometimes I get hate mail and people cry. Why is this? In FREE roam, you are FREE to do whatever you want. Don't like it? Go do something else. I just want to know why people get mad when I kill them in FREE roam.

Cause you're killing people.

People get mad when they die.

Are you retarded?

Red Lynx 23
  • Red Lynx 23

GTA Supercop

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 June 2014 - 10:02 PM

To clarify I can and do engage in free roam battles quite effectively. But I'm not above killing characters that are just left standing outside by their respective players. Mostly because of how high Rockstar sets the number of kills to get platinum awards, tattoos, and weapon tints.

MetalThrasherXtreme
  • MetalThrasherXtreme

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 June 2014 - 10:43 PM

To clarify I can and do engage in free roam battles quite effectively. But I'm not above killing characters that are just left standing outside by their respective players. Mostly because of how high Rockstar sets the number of kills to get platinum awards, tattoos, and weapon tints.

People seriously go for that stupid sh*t?

It's all pointless and hardly noticeable. 

drpizzaGTA
  • drpizzaGTA

i'm in liberty city and i'm out of control

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 29 June 2014 - 10:50 PM

personally, i'd recommend just staying away from everyone

• davetopper likes this

TheMakwaWarrior
  • TheMakwaWarrior

RT_88

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 29 June 2014 - 11:47 PM

Kill or be killed
  • Budm87 likes this

Il-Shadow
  • Il-Shadow

Pirate Gamer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 June 2014 - 02:49 AM

Free roam would be nice if i had an option to go into a lobby that wasnt set as a deathmatch lobby. I like roaiming about with others and doing missions, and i would do invite only except after a few missions i get dumped into a regular lobby full of a$$hat$. 

So while you are certainly free to be a d!ck and kill as much as you please, why cant i be free to be left alone as i please? two side of the same coin cupcakes.

JobAnonymous
  • JobAnonymous

MP3 Crew Member

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 June 2014 - 02:50 AM

no its fun

Death Magnetic
  • Death Magnetic

Not such a n00b

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 June 2014 - 02:56 AM

I was on the highway in a Luxor in south central, just minding my own business, until some asshole comes by in a chrentorno and stick bombs me. Was a doing anything wrong? No. I was hoping he would get out and join me, but NOOO let's kill the nice guy in the jet!!!
I'm a nice player. I NEVER fire the first shot. If I kill somebody, I do it for revenge.

enormous
  • enormous

larger than life

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 June 2014 - 03:02 AM

Yeah it's called 'Free Roam'. Not 'Free-For-All-Deathmatch'.

Red Lynx 23
  • Red Lynx 23

GTA Supercop

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 June 2014 - 04:08 AM

People seriously go for that stupid sh*t?

It's all pointless and hardly noticeable. 

That's right. But after thirty platinum awards I'm mostly interested in earning weapon tints, and lamest off all are the tattoos I'm unlocked & have on my character, and a few you can get right away.

Ooops I Pooped
  • Ooops I Pooped

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 30 June 2014 - 05:54 AM Edited by Ooops I Pooped, 30 June 2014 - 06:01 AM.

im fine with someone killing me, but if youre going to kill me and i didnt have a bounty, dont run away and be a pus about fighting me. like ill kill bounties and leave to show thats all i wanted and i wont do it in a dick way either, straight up shoot them, no blowing up cars or anything, but if i go and get killed without a bounty on me i expect the other guy to have at least a 3 minute fight with me. killing people is fine as long as youre a man about it and see how you do now that you know theyre gonna kill on sight. if you have to go off radar and kill me then put yourself in passive mode and run, that just shows youre a coward. also blowing up cars with a bomb is a dick move too. Unless someone is shooting at me in a car that i cant hit them in like a zentorno and they purposely put their back to me to prevent me from shooting back, i dont blow it up. especially if i see a dude with a rare car like a phoenix and its obviously right off the street ill even try to make sure they can get it to their garage and ride ahead of them to prevent players from blowing it up. fighting is fine as long as youre respectful about it.

• tenjed35 likes this

ZeroSafe5615
  • ZeroSafe5615

Sweet JP

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 June 2014 - 06:33 AM

Shoot me, I shoot you. Shoot a friend, we'll shoot you. Blow up my car, I'll blow yours up. You leave me alone, I'll leave you alone. An eye for an eye is my free mode mentality. If I want to gun people down I'll play a deathmatch since that's what its intended purpose is.

• Magick, EZza2647 and Gnarlady like this

kadajacs
  • kadajacs

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 June 2014 - 11:39 AM

Well there Mr soldier of freedom. Have you ever thought that this freedom you claim to love so much applies to everyone. Am I not free to test out my new car on the streets without it getting blown up. Am I not free to chill with friends and have a demo derby with them. Think before you post.
Its not just your game so stop acting like a selfish child. If you wanna kill stuff maybe deathmatch would be your thing. You get to shoot people and get money for it. Although maybe the thought of them fighting back on equal ground scares you
  • OriginalCharacter and KAWASAKI KX25OF like this

JoeBoneless
  • JoeBoneless

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 30 June 2014 - 11:43 AM

I kill everyone I don't care what they are doing. If it moves, shoot it.

Don't wanna die? Go play my little pony.
  • Budm87 likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users