Random license plates?

11 replies to this topic
kaow
  • kaow

Player Hater

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 28 June 2014 - 10:19 AM

Some car mods I installed sometimes appear with plates and sometimes without, others even have several different plates. How do I make it so that car uses only one kind of plates all the time?

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Left to rust

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 June 2014 - 10:24 AM

You'd have to change the license plate texture that is inside the .wtd of the car to the vehshare (default) one. So you'd need to use SparkIV or Open IV to open the .wtd, export the plate texture, edit it with some image editor and import it back to the .wtd.

kaow
  • kaow

Player Hater

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 30 June 2014 - 11:11 AM Edited by kaow, 30 June 2014 - 11:28 AM.

You'd have to change the license plate texture that is inside the .wtd of the car to the vehshare (default) one. So you'd need to use SparkIV or Open IV to open the .wtd, export the plate texture, edit it with some image editor and import it back to the .wtd.

But the plate texture inside car's .wtd is good, I don't want to modify it. I like it and I want that it would always appear on my car. When for example I spawn 5 same cars with a trainer, only one of them has these plates, other four cars have empty space where the plates should be. I want all 5 cars to have these same plates. What causes this?

edit:

My English is not good so to make it understand better I made a quick short video:

What causes only one car to have plates and others not?

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Left to rust

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 June 2014 - 01:48 PM Edited by RoadRunner71, 30 June 2014 - 01:48 PM.

Oh, you meant that. That's a problem of the model and its extras. I'm afraid that I'm not sure how or even if can be solved.

kaow
  • kaow

Player Hater

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 30 June 2014 - 02:45 PM

Oh, you meant that. That's a problem of the model and its extras. I'm afraid that I'm not sure how or even if can be solved.

Oh god no, some of my favourite car mods have this problem. It's weird how no one talks about this, there's nothing about it on google..

Baka San
  • Baka San

80's Hero

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 05 July 2014 - 03:30 AM

Yes, this is caused because the license plate is labeled in the model file (.wft) as an extra e.g "extra1". The only way to fix it would be to import the wft file into zmodeler (or your preferred editing software) and either rename the plate model to something else (calling it "plate" would work), or by attaching the model to a part of the car, such as the rear bumper. Of course, the model file needs to be unlocked to do this. If the file is locked, you can either PM the author or find another mod.

kaow
  • kaow

Player Hater

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 07 July 2014 - 09:57 AM

Yes, this is caused because the license plate is labeled in the model file (.wft) as an extra e.g "extra1". The only way to fix it would be to import the wft file into zmodeler (or your preferred editing software) and either rename the plate model to something else (calling it "plate" would work), or by attaching the model to a part of the car, such as the rear bumper. Of course, the model file needs to be unlocked to do this. If the file is locked, you can either PM the author or find another mod.

Tried it with few .wft, they're all locked :/ oh well. Thanks

kaow
  • kaow

Player Hater

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 28 July 2014 - 06:33 PM

I've found a simple solution :panic: I've added +ext_all to the car's entry in vehicles.ide and now whenever I spawn the car, plates are always there!

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Left to rust

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 July 2014 - 09:53 AM

Does it spawn every extra at once, then?

kaow
  • kaow

Player Hater

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 31 July 2014 - 09:26 AM

Does it spawn every extra at once, then?

I think it does, with car mods that have 1 blank plates extra and 1 normal plates extra, the normal plates spawn on top of blank ones and everything looks fine. I wonder if there is a similar parameter to spawn just 1 particular extra, not all at once, anyone know it?

AztecaEh
  • AztecaEh

The Civilian Mascot

• Members
  • None
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 02 August 2014 - 01:12 AM

Try to find the Licence plate number in extras , for EXAMPLE its 4 then try +ext_4 i didnt test this , so tell me if it works :)

kaow
  • kaow

Player Hater

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 04 August 2014 - 11:36 AM

Try to find the Licence plate number in extras , for EXAMPLE its 4 then try +ext_4 i didnt test this , so tell me if it works :)

Nope, tried +ext_2 on a car that has extra_2 licence plate and it doesn't appear, it does only with +ext_all

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users