140 replies to this topic
Pegassi Autobot
  • Pegassi Autobot

Handsome Daredevil Zol

• Members
  • Egypt

Posted 06 July 2014 - 12:42 PM

so like

does nobody remember Nasty Limbs in gta3?

i'm sure sh*tloads of people got a huge kick out of finding large bunches of NPCs, blowing them all up with the rocket launcher and just watching a huge cluster of arms, legs and torsos flying everywhere

please justify how it's okay in gta3 but not in 5?

and don't you dare bring up graphics, that'd be a dumb excuse.

Wombater_18
  • Wombater_18

The Wombatopug!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 July 2014 - 01:10 PM

so like

i'm sure sh*tloads of people got a huge kick out of finding large bunches of NPCs, blowing them all up with the rocket launcher and just watching a huge cluster of arms, legs and torsos flying everywhere

GTA 3 was created at a time where unrealistic things and gore were wanted. These days, cars are the main focus, not small things like gore. Also, that was Nasty Limbs. Note the difference - Grand Theft Auto and Nasty Limbs.......... Exactly. As I said before, this game simply cannot add something as major as that. It would take up too much unnecessary space. Also, go look at my poll in the Gameplay section. You'll find unsatisfying results. :)

Pegassi Autobot
  • Pegassi Autobot

Handsome Daredevil Zol

• Members
  • Egypt

Posted 06 July 2014 - 01:24 PM

so like

GTA 3 was created at a time where unrealistic things and gore were wanted. These days, cars are the main focus, not small things like gore. Also, that was Nasty Limbs. Note the difference - Grand Theft Auto and Nasty Limbs.......... Exactly. As I said before, this game simply cannot add something as major as that. It would take up too much unnecessary space. Also, go look at my poll in the Gameplay section. You'll find unsatisfying results. :)

GTA itself is unrealistic, and people still want unrealistic things from it- it's a sandbox game, not a life simulator. it's GTA, not the sims.

cars aren't THE main focus, they're A main focus. again...this is a sandbox game. not a racing game or a driving simulator.

i don't see what you're getting at with this "difference" you speak of...there's a difference between the game and something that was IN the game...? no idea what that means really.

i don't think you're so much of a game dev to say something as simple as some more detailed blood effects and maybe an occasional lost limb or two would take up too much resources

and a poll you made isn't going to change my opinion

• budcat likes this

Wombater_18
  • Wombater_18

The Wombatopug!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 July 2014 - 01:33 PM Edited by Wombater_18, 06 July 2014 - 01:33 PM.

so like

GTA itself is unrealistic, and people still want unrealistic things from it- it's a sandbox game, not a life simulator. it's GTA, not the sims.

cars aren't THE main focus, they're A main focus. again...this is a sandbox game. not a racing game or a driving simulator.

i don't see what you're getting at with this "difference" you speak of...there's a difference between the game and something that was IN the game...? no idea what that means really.

i don't think you're so much of a game dev to say something as simple as some more detailed blood effects and maybe an occasional lost limb or two would take up too much resources

Ahem... Grand Theft Auto? Ring a bell? Besides, you didn't read it properly. I was clearly stating the difference between Nasty a limbs and GTA - I thought you knew. Occasional limb or two? What about 15 people all together, being killed by an RPG? Limbs everywhere. The game would crash. Do you really want that? Besides, if your limb got torn off, how would you hold an RPG? Too. Many. Resources and things to consider.

CatsWontDance
  • CatsWontDance

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 July 2014 - 01:55 PM

I wouldn't mind RDR headshots, the occasional limb flying from a high power rifle would be cool once in a while.

Pegassi Autobot
  • Pegassi Autobot

Handsome Daredevil Zol

• Members
  • Egypt

Posted 06 July 2014 - 02:04 PM

so like

Ahem... Grand Theft Auto? Ring a bell? Besides, you didn't read it properly. I was clearly stating the difference between Nasty a limbs and GTA - I thought you knew. Occasional limb or two? What about 15 people all together, being killed by an RPG? Limbs everywhere. The game would crash. Do you really want that? Besides, if your limb got torn off, how would you hold an RPG? Too. Many. Resources and things to consider.

i knew you'd throw the title out there, which by now is somewhat irrelevant. grand theft auto, the act of stealing a vehicle, which is a crime. yes, it happens a lot in the game, hence it has the title- however, it could've easily been named other things as well, as stealing vehicles is far from the only thing that happens in this game. the game's main focus isn't even stealing cars lol, most of the missions revolve around killing someone (sh*tloads more killings happen in this game than car thefts.), the fact you stole a vehicle has very little to do with most of the missions. that goes for pretty much every GTA game. but the game isn't titled "first degree murder" is it? so leave the title alone.

Nasty Limbs...for NPCs, a lost limb always meant death, i'm sure the same would apply to an actual player, so why would you even be worried about holding a weapon when your character isn't even alive to do so? not saying nasty limbs should be applied to playable characters, i don't think it was in GTA3 so why even throw that out there?

are you ABSOLUTELY sure the game would crash from an NPC (or a couple) losing an arm or a leg? that's not even close to how exaggerated it was in GTA3. you aren't a game dev or a R* employee so how exactly can you state that with such certainty? the game crashes, yes, but for many unknown reasons. and it's mostly in servers full of random people- not so much in invite only sessions. the rendering issues somehow seem to stop (or at least drop a bit) when you're in an invite only session. i can't say that for everyone tho, since some peoples' games have different issues for whatever reason.

i know the game has limitations, they removed wildlife from Online because of it, but we're talking about something that's not even in the game to begin with, so how could you be so sure?

Wombater_18
  • Wombater_18

The Wombatopug!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 July 2014 - 02:12 PM

so like

i knew you'd throw the title out there, which by now is somewhat irrelevant. grand theft auto, the act of stealing a vehicle, which is a crime. yes, it happens a lot in the game, hence it has the title- however, it could've easily been named other things as well, as stealing vehicles is far from the only thing that happens in this game. the game's main focus isn't even stealing cars lol, most of the missions revolve around killing someone (sh*tloads more killings happen in this game than car thefts.), the fact you stole a vehicle has very little to do with most of the missions. that goes for pretty much every GTA game. but the game isn't titled "first degree murder" is it? so leave the title alone.

Nasty Limbs...for NPCs, a lost limb always meant death, i'm sure the same would apply to an actual player, so why would you even be worried about holding a weapon when your character isn't even alive to do so? not saying nasty limbs should be applied to playable characters, i don't think it was in GTA3 so why even throw that out there?

are you ABSOLUTELY sure the game would crash from an NPC (or a couple) losing an arm or a leg? that's not even close to how exaggerated it was in GTA3. you aren't a game dev or a R* employee so how exactly can you state that with such certainty? the game crashes, yes, but for many unknown reasons. and it's mostly in servers full of random people- not so much in invite only sessions. the rendering issues somehow seem to stop (or at least drop a bit) when you're in an invite only session. i can't say that for everyone tho, since some peoples' games have different issues for whatever reason.

i know the game has limitations, they removed wildlife from Online because of it, but we're talking about something that's not even in the game to begin with, so how could you be so sure?

It's already crashing so often - if they add it, it will freeze every minute. Complaints flowing in, blood flowing out.

Pegassi Autobot
  • Pegassi Autobot

Handsome Daredevil Zol

• Members
  • Egypt

Posted 06 July 2014 - 02:13 PM

but again- how are you so sure?

Wombater_18
  • Wombater_18

The Wombatopug!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 July 2014 - 02:28 PM

Logic ( something simply logic does not have, ironically ).

Pegassi Autobot
  • Pegassi Autobot

Handsome Daredevil Zol

• Members
  • Egypt

Posted 06 July 2014 - 02:39 PM

that's vague, but okay

i'm just saying, there's no way to be sure when it's not even in the game

to put things into perspective, we have modders with assault rifles that fire explosive rounds..not only that but they can simply create explosions out thin air, fly through the air at high speeds (without a vehicle), spawn fire hydrant sprays in places where there are no fire hydrants (which can somehow kill players), etc. and they'll be doing this all so quickly and constantly that the entire area they're in will be lit up like a christmas tree. it's a rare sight (in fact, i think R* may have fixed it a couple patches ago, who knows. i've only seen it once or twice within the passed couple months) but it didn't lag my game as it was happening...

however, simply going too fast in a supercar that's already been restricted for online use will create rendering issues.

do you see where i'm getting at? there's no way to be 100% sure of all these things.

Wombater_18
  • Wombater_18

The Wombatopug!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 July 2014 - 03:49 PM

that's vague, but okay

to put things into perspective, we have modders with assault rifles that fire explosive rounds..not only that but they can simply create explosions out thin air, fly through the air at high speeds (without a vehicle), spawn fire hydrant sprays in places where there are no fire hydrants (which can somehow kill players), etc. and they'll be doing this all so quickly and constantly that the entire area they're in will be lit up like a christmas tree. it's a rare sight (in fact, i think R* may have fixed it a couple patches ago, who knows. i've only seen it once or twice within the passed couple months) but it didn't lag my game as it was happening...

however, simply going too fast in a supercar that's already been restricted for online use will create rendering issues.

do you see where i'm getting at? there's no way to be 100% sure of all these things.

Good point. At least you're not arrogant like simply logic.

Simply logic
  • Simply logic

Street Cat

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 July 2014 - 04:39 PM

Also I played RDR a ton (finished story 3 times) and dont remember it being as "gorey" as you guys say.

Did you ever queue up 15 shots on a duelist's face with the Mauser and then inspect the results after the duel?  That game could be pretty gruesome at times.
I used to end duels by shooting the opponent in both kneecaps then disarming them with a bullet to the gun.  The "nice ending" to the duel would happen then the opponent would drop to the ground and crawl around in their own blood for fifteen seconds or so before dying a slow bleed out.  It may not have been old school "giblet" gory but it was way more gory in many ways than GTA V.
Yes, realistic gore would be great! Then I'd know what i'm actually afraid of!

LoonySpangles
  • LoonySpangles

Psychosomatic Sociopath

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 July 2014 - 07:54 PM

no no and no.

Simply logic
  • Simply logic

Street Cat

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 July 2014 - 08:08 PM

no no and no.

Don't be afraid to try it out, Pussy.

LoonySpangles
  • LoonySpangles

Psychosomatic Sociopath

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 July 2014 - 11:07 PM

Nope. If I wanted gore I would choose a more appropriate game/simulation.

It's not necessary, plus the video lag is bad enough already without the extra entities.

• Wombater_18 likes this

Pegassi Autobot
  • Pegassi Autobot

Handsome Daredevil Zol

• Members
  • Egypt

Posted 06 July 2014 - 11:32 PM

that's vague, but okay

Good point. At least you're not arrogant like simply logic.

i try not to be

Simply logic
  • Simply logic

Street Cat

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 July 2014 - 11:58 PM

so like

The next GTA can sure have realistic GORE though, Thats what this is about. New consoles like ps4 and xbox one will have the space for more GORE and destruction.

budcat
  • budcat

Homeboy

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 07 July 2014 - 12:25 AM

Yeah I seem to remember with RDR multiplayer was impossible because of the resources used up by gore.  Total shame.

Wombater_18
  • Wombater_18

The Wombatopug!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 July 2014 - 02:26 AM

Yeah I seem to remember with RDR multiplayer was impossible because of the resources used up by gore.  Total shame.

That's what I mean.

no no and no.

It's weird you have an obsession with something you already have.

Simply logic
  • Simply logic

Street Cat

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 July 2014 - 02:57 AM

That's what I mean.

no no and no.

The new consoles can handle it

ctan800
  • ctan800

Hot-Headed Beat Cop

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 July 2014 - 02:58 AM

This is me as a Stand-In Zombie/Walker from The Walking Dead

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

Wombater_18
  • Wombater_18

The Wombatopug!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 July 2014 - 03:29 AM

That's what I mean.

no no and no.

You never said it was for the new consoles.

Simply logic
  • Simply logic

Street Cat

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 July 2014 - 03:39 AM

This is me as a Stand-In Zombie/Walker from The Walking Dead

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

Not one scratch or broken bone it looks like blood from someone else.

LoonySpangles
  • LoonySpangles

Psychosomatic Sociopath

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 July 2014 - 08:29 AM

That's what I mean.

no no and no.

He changed/edited the first original post.

That's what you call sneaky manipulation.

"Posted A week ago Edited by Simply logic, 3 hours ago."

Hey everyone, I want to crush someones head in with a crowbar! If Rockstar thinks that gore is offensive they're WRONG, I'm offended that i die like a RAGDOLL. I'm tired of these mechanics, why isn't GTA V good? The next GTA should have realistic GORE because the new consoles can handle it.

Why would someone EDIT a post a few hours ago that was originally posted a week ago? Simply illogical, banal, creepy and rude.

Simply logic, your fetish for gore is quite disconcerting. The obscure fascination of human like bodies in a video game being ripped apart by various weapons has no doubt a clear psychological issue too.

Perhaps discuss this fetish with your local doctor or other medical representative/practitioner to assess whether you need 'assistance'.

• Wombater_18 likes this

Simply logic
  • Simply logic

Street Cat

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 July 2014 - 12:24 PM

That's what I mean.

no no and no.

Hey everyone, I want to crush someones head in with a crowbar! If Rockstar thinks that gore is offensive they're WRONG, I'm offended that i die like a RAGDOLL. I'm tired of these mechanics, why isn't GTA V good? The next GTA should have realistic GORE because the new consoles can handle it.

Why would someone EDIT a post a few hours ago that was originally posted a week ago? Simply illogical, banal, creepy and rude.

Simply logic, your fetish for gore is quite disconcerting. The obscure fascination of human like bodies in a video game being ripped apart by various weapons has no doubt a clear psychological issue too.
Perhaps discuss this fetish with your local doctor or other medical representative/practitioner to assess whether you need 'assistance'.
You can stop trolling whenever you want. GORE is something GTA V doesn't have but the next GTA can have because rockstar will have more space to work with. It would be stupid not to have GORE in next GTA because they could do it on new consoles along with so many other things.

Jaeger V3
  • Jaeger V3

Zoidburger

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 07 July 2014 - 01:18 PM

That's what I mean.

no no and no.

You can stop trolling whenever you want. GORE is something GTA V doesn't have but the next GTA can have because rockstar will have more space to work with. It would be stupid not to have GORE in next GTA because they could do it on new consoles along with so many other things.

f*cking peasant hypocrite

Simply logic
  • Simply logic

Street Cat

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 July 2014 - 03:18 PM

That's what I mean.

no no and no.

f*cking peasant hypocrite
Do you want more GORE?!

Simply logic
  • Simply logic

Street Cat

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 July 2014 - 05:54 AM

That's what I mean.

no no and no.

Why dont you make a poll for GORE on GTA for newer consoles.

LoonySpangles
  • LoonySpangles

Psychosomatic Sociopath

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 July 2014 - 09:32 AM

Why would I bother to make any poll about gore?

Go whine to R* developers about GTA 6 and your oddball fetish.

Perhaps by the time they release GTA 6 you will be fully committed and/or sectioned under some Health Act, who knows?

Wombater_18
  • Wombater_18

The Wombatopug!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 July 2014 - 09:35 AM

You want gore? Go play Surgeon Simulator.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users