Photo

The Story of Thomas Bain

15 replies to this topic
Boxerek
  • Boxerek

Luis Suarez, bite!

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 27 June 2014 - 10:34 PM Edited by Boxerek, 14 July 2014 - 11:59 AM.

The Story of Thomas Bain

znmngp.jpg

*Post will be slowly updated along the way*

Hey guys, I present to you my first mission pack (new to DYOM so why not  :lol: )

Chapter 1 (RELEASED!) (http://dyom.gtagames.nl/show/32753)

Mission
Status
Thomas B.
100%
Parent and Child 100%
Simplistic Migration 100%
Operation Pine 100%
Shared Lives 100%
Cage Me, Bust Me, Break Me 100%
Mafia Munch 100%
Lost 100%

Chapter 2

1. Escapist (http://dyom.gtagames.nl/show/33013)

Mission
Status
Escapist 100%
? Planning (20%)
? Planning (0%)
? Planning (0%)
? Planning (0%)
? Planning (0%)
? Planning (0%)
? Planning (0%)

Notes

The story of Thomas Bain, an ex-soldier that now leads a very different life due to depression and isolation. He goes on the quest to find the killer of his dad Philip across the state of San Andreas. Discover Tom's life through flashbacks and how he manages in the present world of San Andreas, aiming to find and slay the killer of his dad through cold vendetta and difficulties along the way. This tale locates you next to a variety of locations and people: The countryside of Angel Pine to the busy city of Las Venturas - meet mafia goons, gangsters and sociopaths along the way that will aid you in your quest.

*Treat chapter 1 like an intro chapter - it's more cutscenes and atmosphere with a little bit of gameplay.

* Enjoy!

Thomas Bain - Protagonist

Skin_23.png

Past

Skin_29.png

Present

Greg Pitt - Tom's best friend from the army and high school, he got framed with Tom on the murder and also seeks the real killer.

Skin_188.png

Heath Kenway - Tom's best friend from high school, he supports his fellow friends by aiding them in their quest.

Skin_202.png

??? Unknown Killer ??? - Slaughtered Tom's dad once he came back from the army.

Philip - Tom's deceased dad, an important figure in Bain's life.

Skin_206.png

ProDX34
  • ProDX34

DYOM Race Designer

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 28 June 2014 - 05:14 AM

Looks simple but it might be interesting, will play it for sure and see if i can give you some feedback later.

Boxerek
  • Boxerek

Luis Suarez, bite!

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 28 June 2014 - 01:16 PM Edited by Boxerek, 28 June 2014 - 01:31 PM.

Looks simple but it might be interesting, will play it for sure and see if i can give you some feedback later.

Thanks, hope you enjoy it, feedback would be very useful. Also, your Life with Full Speed series is awesome - played the intro and it's amazing, keep up the good work!  :santa:

ProDX34
  • ProDX34

DYOM Race Designer

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 29 June 2014 - 12:34 AM

Thanks, hope you enjoy it, feedback would be very useful. Also, your Life with Full Speed series is awesome - played the intro and it's amazing, keep up the good work!  :santa:

Thanks man, i appreciate it. Be sure to check the update in it's forum for more information about the project of missions.

I'll play your mission soon, so i might give you a feedback tomorrow.

:)

ProDX34
  • ProDX34

DYOM Race Designer

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 02 July 2014 - 01:52 PM

Alright, played all missions. I like the flash back of the story even the initially can't be understood but after that it's going to be good. Gameplay is a bit interesting even it consist with both stealth and action but still need more improvements for it since most people are looking for more action than dialogues, but that was my thought. Overall is good.

I'll be look forward for your next chapter, so keep up the good work.

Rating : 3/5 (Rating may can be changed)

:)

AdamArtz
  • AdamArtz

#Drown

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 July 2014 - 04:37 PM

The plot sounds interesting. I'll write a short review when I'll finish playing the first chapter.

Good luck with your mission pack buddy.

Martin_GDF
  • Martin_GDF

Schizophrenic Bastard

• Members

Posted 03 July 2014 - 01:02 AM

I played the missions.

The plot is cool, I liked it, and also the gameplay it's like a great combination of stealth and action, I really love both so it's a good Mission Pack.

But some missions are not very well designed, so you should improve it a little bit :)

4/5

Boxerek
  • Boxerek

Luis Suarez, bite!

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 03 July 2014 - 07:11 AM Edited by Boxerek, 03 July 2014 - 07:15 AM.

@ProDX34 - Cheers, yeah I'll focus on action much more in the next chapter to make the story more powerful.

@AdamArtz - Thank you, appreciated.  ;)

@Martin_GDF - Yeah I agree, my mission structure is a bit rough (I thought of the missions as I went down the storyline  :lol: ). I will plan out much more carefully for the next chapter.

Thanks for the support so far guys, nice knowing this community accepts new designers so well. I will play around with DYOM much more and research to come out with a much more interesting chapter 2.

Boxerek
  • Boxerek

Luis Suarez, bite!

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 05 July 2014 - 07:01 AM

Ok, I'll be starting work on ch. 2 soon, check for updates! Hopefully, the first mission will positively surprise you. ;)

Boxerek
  • Boxerek

Luis Suarez, bite!

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 10 July 2014 - 03:52 PM

If anyone is still interested in this - here's the first mission from my new chapter 2, Escapist.

http://dyom.gtagames.nl/show/33013

Juice the Joos
  • Juice the Joos

I didn't choose to be bad, but i had a choice.

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 10 July 2014 - 04:22 PM

Why didn't i ever play this? Downloading now.

Varro Sasuke
  • Varro Sasuke

Germany will either be a world power or will not be at all.

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 10 July 2014 - 04:51 PM

Looks cool, might try it now.

Boxerek
  • Boxerek

Luis Suarez, bite!

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 14 July 2014 - 11:58 AM

New mission coming soon...

Thanks Juice and Blues for giving my 1st MP a shot. ;)

Juice the Joos
  • Juice the Joos

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 15 July 2014 - 11:46 AM Edited by Juice the Joos, 15 July 2014 - 11:46 AM.

Alright, i played the whole chapter 1, here it is:

I like the story, and the past and future ''switching'' , but i think Tom's friend and maybe him would lose a bit of hope of even try to give up after all those years of searching without any clue.

Increase the health of the allies and decrease the enemy's ones.

I don't get why Tom would slit all those cop's throats just because they wanted him to stop. I mean, he's challenging some bullies to a fist fight, he's young, not a murderer!

For last, you should have used more cutscenes before the murder of Tom's dad: you're driving home, finishing a war between the army and the mafia (a bit unrealistic) on the same town, you go to a checkpoint and you see your father die in slow motion. It doesn't give the ''atmosphere'', if you know what i mean.

I love stealth, so i think i should increase the vote by 1.

For me, it's 7/10, improving would make it so much better!

Boxerek
  • Boxerek

Luis Suarez, bite!

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 15 July 2014 - 11:58 AM Edited by Boxerek, 15 July 2014 - 11:59 AM.

I like the story, and the past and future ''switching'' , but i think Tom's friend and maybe him would lose a bit of hope of even try to give up after all those years of searching without any clue.

I don't get why Tom would slit all those cop's throats just because they wanted him to stop. I mean, he's challenging some bullies to a fist fight, he's young, not a murderer!

For last, you should have used more cutscenes before the murder of Tom's dad: you're driving home, finishing a war between the army and the mafia (a bit unrealistic) on the same town, you go to a checkpoint and you see your father die in slow motion. It doesn't give the ''atmosphere'', if you know what i mean.

Finally, someone that actually gives advice on the story! I understand the loss of hope but I decided to save that for parts of the future chapters, where the player can see the reflection the characters have as the story continues so putting a loss of hope (I found) wouldn't have worked in ch.1 as the story would die so early. Yea, the enemy hp is too high, I'll change that. Tom became a murderer ages ago (e.g.: army), this is the present + he had problems in his childhood which you will find out in ch.2. ;) Yea, I understand the loss of atmosphere - I kinda rushed that part, I'll have to rebuild the atmosphere as I go on.

Cheers for the review! :^:

Juice the Joos
  • Juice the Joos

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 15 July 2014 - 12:12 PM

Finally, someone that actually gives advice on the story! I understand the loss of hope but I decided to save that for parts of the future chapters, where the player can see the reflection the characters have as the story continues so putting a loss of hope (I found) wouldn't have worked in ch.1 as the story would die so early. Yea, the enemy hp is too high, I'll change that. Tom became a murderer ages ago (e.g.: army), this is the present + he had problems in his childhood which you will find out in ch.2. ;) Yea, I understand the loss of atmosphere - I kinda rushed that part, I'll have to rebuild the atmosphere as I go on.

Cheers for the review! :^:

All right, can't wait for chapter 2 then.

• Boxerek likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users