Things GTA IV did better than GTA V

5,386 replies to this topic
bigraj
  • bigraj

Prankster

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

I also enjoyed watching the TV shows more in IV than V.  And the live entertainment options.  

• NewGuybj likes this

NewGuybj
  • NewGuybj

Player Hater

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 2 weeks ago

What to say that wasn't said already? I just love GTA IV. I like evertything about it. Mayb only things that are annoying, you can say that, are driving sometimes. If I go on high speeds, it's harder to control a vehicle, but it's more realistic that way so, that's ok.
  The realism of GTA IV is just amazing. If you stand near the ped, they sometimes can make funny remarks to you, but not attack you, like they do in GTA V.
Also I remembered. Once in GTA V I said "HI" to Lost MC member as Franklin. He pulled out the gun and started shooting at me, and other LOST members as well. Jeez. That was funny and stupid at the same time. Rockstar
ruined one of my favorite gangs in GTA V. The LOST MC were so cool in GTA IV. But here nah. Don't even make start with Johnny K. What they done to him.
  Anyway, I most love realism about GTA 4. People get stopped by police, criminals get arrested and put into car, npc's react to rain, buying food at vendors and eating it, you can give money to soap boxers and hobos and they  thank you. And many more.
  • Algonquin Assassin, hei3enberg, Kane49 and 1 other like this

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

We're all looking for that special someone

• Sheriff
  • Australia
  • Best Moderator 2017
    Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted A week ago Edited by Algonquin Assassin, A week ago.

I've probably mentioned this before, but I geniulney feel that GTA IV has more freedom for what is. Unlike most people I don't correlate freedom with having more things to do or having more features.

It's how these features are used that's important to me. For instance GTA V brought back tanks, but they're considerably weaker than the 3D era counterparts making them feel pointless. The way the game wont let you use guns inside certain buildings has always pissed me off, phone cheats don't save, can't hold onto ledges... I could go on.

GTA V only creates a false sense of freedom because it distracts the player with quantity until you sit back and really think it through. I guess GTA IV's not perfect either, but where it doesn't have the quantity it makes up for it with utilising everything it has to its fullest.

So whilst technically GTA V might have more features I feel GTA IV does a much better job with what it has never feeling like it's trying to be more than it is. 

• B Dawg, Tycek, CartmanKusanagi and 7 others like this

P2FX
  • P2FX

I ain't no hipster.

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

In GTA V headlights on npc cars still don't cast shadow. In GTA IV if you turn on night shadow almost all light sources cast shadow.

• Algonquin Assassin, CartmanKusanagi, theGTAking101 and 3 others like this

tdavies457
  • tdavies457

Snitch

• Members

Posted 6 days ago

phone cheats don't save

100%. Many awesome features didn't carry over for V (like the ones you mentioned) and this is one of the best. It's as if they deliberately removed things just to diminish the single player experience.
  • Algonquin Assassin and Kane49 like this

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

• Sheriff
  • Australia
  • Best Moderator 2017
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 6 days ago

phone cheats don't save

100%. Many awesome features didn't carry over for V (like the ones you mentioned) and this is one of the best. It's as if they deliberately removed things just to diminish the single player experience.

The thing I've never got is they added phone cheats to the curent gen versions so it just ended up being pointless.

Many of GTA V's flaws weren't addressed when it made the jump which makes it look worse.

Jack Lupino
  • Jack Lupino

"So long-a-Bowser!"

• Victim of The Pit™
  • None

Posted 5 days ago Edited by Jack Lupino, 5 days ago.

No giant wanted/busted logo on screen.
You can still view the surroundings in black and white for a few moments after your are dead and the camera doesn't instantly fades away with wasted sign like gta 5.
Now many people might complain about this feature but I like it,I think it adds uniqueness instead of following same formula of previous gtas.
I would like to see this feature brought back in gta 6.
  • B Dawg and Kane49 like this

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

These boots are 100% wolverine hide

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 5 days ago

I don't get the people complaining about it, all you had to do was press a button to skip it if you wanted to anyway.

TheOriginalGunslinger
  • TheOriginalGunslinger

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-States
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 5 days ago Edited by TheOriginalGunslinger, 5 days ago.

Hundreds of great things have already been said regarding "Things GTA IV did better than GTA V" so I'll go ahead and be 'that guy'...

IV came before V :D

But seriously though... The actual start up loading screen/theme in GTA IV is way better than GTA V. Soviet Connection > whatever the hell that loading theme is in V...
  • Jack Lupino likes this

Ertan Soner
  • Ertan Soner

Ignore Mode Activated!

• Members
  • Turkey

Posted 5 days ago

Hundreds of great things have already been said regarding "Things GTA IV did better than GTA V" so I'll go ahead and be 'that guy'...

But seriously though... The actual start up loading screen/theme in GTA IV is way better than GTA V. Soviet Connection > whatever the hell that loading theme is in V...

Does 5 even have a theme song?

thehambone
  • thehambone

Fast and Bulbous... also a Tin Teardrop™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 5 days ago

Yes, albeit a very forgettable one.

DirtCheap
  • DirtCheap

Cheapskate

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 5 days ago

Don't think so.

"Welcome to LS" can be considered the theme song as it's played in the introduction, however, GTA V is somewhat unique in the way that it's theme song doesn't play at the loading screen. 

Even though I like the V's small and quiet electric guitar riff, I prefer IV's violin in the theme song as I love the way the characters' pictures change every few bow draws.

Hmmm nice bike
  • Hmmm nice bike

No, my bike!

• The Yardies
  • United-States

Posted 5 days ago

The actual start up loading screen/theme in GTA IV is way better than GTA V. Soviet Connection > whatever the hell that loading theme is in V...

"Mona Da Vinci," by Tangerine Dream. A song from 2011 that wasn't even originally produced for the game. Not a horrible track, but it kind of sounded too much like something out of some kind of scientific educational video or a true crime show about forensic science.
  • gunziness likes this

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

• Sheriff
  • Australia
  • Best Moderator 2017
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 5 days ago

It's always cool to start up GTA IV for that reason. GTA V's suck and it's even worse when it's GTAO related crap.

• Kane49 likes this

NewGuybj
  • NewGuybj

Player Hater

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 4 days ago

I also enjoyed watching the TV shows more in IV than V.  And the live entertainment options.  

Yeah, more fun and interesting and less sex jokes.

ViceBoy69
  • ViceBoy69

Thug

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 3 days ago

Anybody know what the tune is playing for episodes and gta4 when the disk is being copied to harddrive on ps3? 

zanesix
  • zanesix

Stupid Malaka

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 days ago

It's always cool to start up GTA IV for that reason. GTA V's suck and it's even worse when it's GTAO related crap.

And if you don't have an SSD on PC, it takes 4 weeks to load while IV starts up in a few seconds, and even faster if you use ColAccel. Seriously, what is the game loading that makes it take forever? I remember back on the 360 staring at that screen for like 2 minutes. But hey, at least they added GTA Online ads you can look at in the meantime!

• Algonquin Assassin likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users