Things GTA IV did better than GTA V

5,344 replies to this topic
Dexter_Morgan
  • Dexter_Morgan

Homeboy

• Members
  • United-States
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 6 days ago Edited by Dexter_Morgan, 6 days ago.

NPCs actually bought stuff from food vendors and newspaper stands (such as this fella starting his day with a delicious Sprunk)

4437-gta-iv-screenshot.jpg

Laughable in V that NPCs who hang around near the gas stations don't walk in and buy some more smokes (considering that's mostly what some NPCs do). I mean they could have even went in to buy a soda or some snacks too but they don't. Hell, you didn't have to be the only one to hold up a store either... some NPCs could have held up the store which would have been pretty funny.
  • Algonquin Assassin, B Dawg, Tycek and 5 others like this

Mr_Rager
  • Mr_Rager

Liberty City Minute

• Members
  • None

Posted 6 days ago Edited by Mr_Rager, 6 days ago.

NPCs in V just scream, blabber random GTA 3 pedestrian tier sh*t or have twelve sneezing fits in ten minutes.
  • Lock N' Stock, assCRACK_98, Arrows to Athens and 2 others like this

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

We're all looking for that special someone

• Members
  • Australia
  • Best Moderator 2017
    Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 6 days ago

I'll say that alot of arguments are subjective here, but this is one thing you absolutely cannot deny that GTA IV did better.

I try to avoid things that are purely subjective such as the story and only focus on the arguments that are hard to argue against like the differences in the physics, ped A.I behaviour etc.
  • Lock N' Stock, Arrows to Athens, eCola and 3 others like this

Lock N' Stock
  • Lock N' Stock

"I don't fit in anywhere!"

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 4 days ago Edited by Lock N' Stock, 4 days ago.

I'll say that alot of arguments are subjective here, but this is one thing you absolutely cannot deny that GTA IV did better.

I try to avoid things that are purely subjective such as the story and only focus on the arguments that are hard to argue against like the differences in the physics, ped A.I behaviour etc.

True. And to be fair, I think there's positives in GTA V that are hard to argue against as well, like map size, customisation options and a larger variety of vehicles and weapons.

Hell, that's why I love all GTA games, since they all have cool things to offer. IV however definitely feels like one of a kind amongst them all.

• Algonquin Assassin likes this

Habbrow94
  • Habbrow94

Free Thinker

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 days ago

Rockstar Games if you are out there reading this thread,  please take note. We are all hardcore fans and would like the next installment to have many of the old features implemented back in the game. There where many things that GTAIV got right that are missing entirely in V..   

The biggest offender for me in GTAV is the cops being way overpowered and extremely aggressive. Its not fun to have shootouts anymore, and they still hadn't updated the damn game for that  on ps3. Another one is the car flipping off the side of a cliff, small hill, not even that high up and exploding instantly on impact. The last thing you want are the cop cars flinging off the edge of a cliff crashing into yours every two seconds blowing you up. Its suppose to be a fun game, not everything has to have a realistic texture to it and I dont even think thats called realistic. Forgive me comrades but I havent played the next gen version of the game enough to see if those hitmarkers (kill effect) was actually made optional to disable.... That god awful 3 second wasted screen where everything goes all slow and disappears off screen which should be fixed  with a more paced action resemblance of GTAIV wasted screen where you can actually see the characters body flopping and all the possibilities for a few moments for what have you.

I havent posted in years but came back to see what was up and this is whats up, the never ending thread that is still bumpin and rightfully so !   Brothers  sisters we are one and the same a family. To be fair mods where implemented so we could fix GTA V  :evilgrin:   something that wasn't even necessary to do with its predecessors!  This is it people we are going to the moon  again

• Algonquin Assassin, B Dawg, SchizNitz and 3 others like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users