Quantcast

» «
Photo

Things GTA IV did better than GTA V

5,363 replies to this topic
anthony
  • anthony

Everyone in Liberty sells their soul to the devil.

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 January 2018 - 01:40 PM Edited by anthony, 10 January 2018 - 01:42 PM.

Martin Madrazo was set up perfectly as a potential antagonist, but as we all know they f*cked it up.

Exactly, he could have been the ultimate and only antagonist, the perfect ruthless cartel boss.

Instead they made him like a pussy for Trevor, again, an another ruined character.

It's sad to me, honestly they missed something with this game imo, story and especially characters wise.
  • Algonquin Assassin and eCola like this

Neon_Dreaming
  • Neon_Dreaming

• Victim of The Pit™
  • None

Posted 10 January 2018 - 01:43 PM Edited by Neon_Dreaming, 10 January 2018 - 01:44 PM.

Martin Madrazo was set up perfectly as a potential antagonist, but as we all know they f*cked it up.

He started off strong when threatening Michael but quickly became a joke. Like hes a big deal, a major crime figure with a whole gang to watch his back, but he is still scared of Trevor, he's scary sure but Trevors one guy. After Patricia was returned Trevor should have been mincemeat.
  • Algonquin Assassin likes this

Claude_Lib
  • Claude_Lib

Talkative like never before

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 10 January 2018 - 02:25 PM

He's ruthless and threatening, sure, but he wouldn't do a good antagonist. Remember why he got tied into the story in the first place. Wouldn't you want to break a bone or two of the guy who got your house pulled down the hill? He's a good character and his attitude towards the trio is fully understandable. The game would be so much better if Martin was the protag, I think.
  • anthony likes this

anthony
  • anthony

Everyone in Liberty sells their soul to the devil.

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 January 2018 - 02:41 PM Edited by anthony, 10 January 2018 - 02:50 PM.

He should have even killed Michael for what he did, theoretically. I mean, according to what kind of person is Martin, in the end they made him as a joke, clearly.

Ronald Reagan
  • Ronald Reagan

• Members
  • Poland
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2017

Posted 10 January 2018 - 05:12 PM Edited by Ronald Reagan, 10 January 2018 - 05:12 PM.

Exactly, he could have been the ultimate and only antagonist, the perfect ruthless cartel boss.

Instead they made him like a pussy for Trevor, again, an another ruined character.

It's sad to me, honestly they missed something with this game imo, story and especially characters wise.

I don't know why, but every antagonist in Grand Theft Auto V is supposed to be an idiot. They are all a joke, and Rockstar didn't even try to hide it.

Martin, Stretch, Steve, Wei Cheng, Devin. They all act like morons.

• Algonquin Assassin, B Dawg, anthony and 1 other like this

TheOriginalGunslinger
  • TheOriginalGunslinger

Homie

• Members
  • United-States
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 10 January 2018 - 05:35 PM Edited by Dexter_Morgan, 10 January 2018 - 05:40 PM.

Faustin was also a good character in IV. Loved his attitude and it was more compelling than what some characters in V gave off.

Oh, and why does Trevor run away from Franklin when they encounter each other when Franklin goes to kill him? Throughout the story of GTA V, Trevor is already making enemies with Merryweather (FREAKING MERRYWEATHER!) and other people and isn't scared of anything but than Franklin shows up and Trevor drives off like a pansy ass. I know if someone points a gun at you some people would run off too but what Trevor has been through during the entire sh*t show that was GTA V's story that was Rockstar's way of sending Trevor off just like that? That's really laughable to me.

I'm telling you right after "Friends Reunited" the story in V was just a bore fest. That Jewelry Store Heist was the only good heist in my opinion. The story in IV keeps me interested from the time you get off that boat and beyond. It's always a pleasure playing through it.
  • B Dawg, anthony and Neon_Dreaming like this

Sleepwalking
  • Sleepwalking

Prankster

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 January 2018 - 06:11 PM

Faustin was also a good character in IV. Loved his attitude and it was more compelling than what some characters in V gave off.

Oh, and why does Trevor run away from Franklin when they encounter each other when Franklin goes to kill him? Throughout the story of GTA V, Trevor is already making enemies with Merryweather (FREAKING MERRYWEATHER!) and other people and isn't scared of anything but than Franklin shows up and Trevor drives off like a pansy ass. I know if someone points a gun at you some people would run off too but what Trevor has been through during the entire sh*t show that was GTA V's story that was Rockstar's way of sending Trevor off just like that? That's really laughable to me.

I'm telling you right after "Friends Reunited" the story in V was just a bore fest. That Jewelry Store Heist was the only good heist in my opinion. The story in IV keeps me interested from the time you get off that boat and beyond. It's always a pleasure playing through it.

If a badass character suddenly starts to act stupid, you understand he is going to die (Rockstar logic)

Spoiler

TheOriginalGunslinger
  • TheOriginalGunslinger

Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 January 2018 - 06:26 PM Edited by Dexter_Morgan, 10 January 2018 - 06:30 PM.

If a badass character suddenly starts to act stupid, you understand he is going to die (Rockstar logic)

Spoiler
I never said anything about a character acting "stupid". I pointed out that the V story was a sh*t show and the IV story was better hence why I'm posting in the "Things GTA IV did better than GTA V" thread.

Sleepwalking
  • Sleepwalking

Prankster

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 January 2018 - 06:29 PM

Spoiler
Was the sarcasm needed? Sorry if I triggered a little bit of salt. I never said anything about a character acting "stupid".

I don't mean actually stupid, maybe i should use "suddenly acting out of the character" term.

TheOriginalGunslinger
  • TheOriginalGunslinger

Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 January 2018 - 06:30 PM Edited by Dexter_Morgan, 10 January 2018 - 06:32 PM.

Spoiler
Was the sarcasm needed? Sorry if I triggered a little bit of salt. I never said anything about a character acting "stupid".

I don't mean actually stupid, maybe i should use "suddenly acting out of the character" term.
Edit: Oh! Gotcha. I see what you are pointing out. My bad.

I actually don't hate GTA V to a degree where I bash it every single day. I like going back and Free Roaming around from time to time but I just can't replay the story.
  • Sleepwalking likes this

MARKUS.
  • MARKUS.

Markos Dangerous

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 10 January 2018 - 06:54 PM Edited by Markhosdangerous, 10 January 2018 - 07:00 PM.

The atmosphere for doing movies like this. 

Plus back in that time machinimas were far more considered than now, it is incredible now just a regular gameplay with some annoying dude talking and talking has far more views that someone who makes lots of efforts to bring some good videos, I miss Yeardly Diamond times, that was entertainment!

By the way I am so sorry, they are footages of an unreleased movie on late 2009 and I didn't have more quality

• anthony, rampage08, ToyGT_one and 1 other like this

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

We're all looking for that special someone

• Victim of The Pit™
  • Australia
  • Best Moderator 2017
    Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 11 January 2018 - 12:50 AM Edited by Algonquin Assassin, 11 January 2018 - 03:10 AM.

I like that we can't interact with peds in GTA IV. That might be a strange thing to say as I'm always up for anything to do with making things more immersive, but the problem for me in GTA V is I don't feel it adds any significant. Occassionally you might get a somewhat interesting conversation, but most of the time it's a blank "good thanks" type of response and it doesn't work with all peds. Oh yeah and not to mention that some peds become unnecessarily hostile which is stupid.

In real life I don't walk up to random people just to say hi to them then go to someone else and say hi again. It would make me look crazy. With GTA IV peds still to react to Niko, but only if he does something to them which to me is far more believable. It creates the feeling of a busy metropolis where everyone is minding their own business like people do in real life.

• B Dawg, Tycek, gunziness and 6 others like this

Shinola Gamer
  • Shinola Gamer

Jesus el Shinola

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 January 2018 - 03:01 AM

I liked how I was able to turn off the cars engine or leave it tuned on, is a small detail that always annoyed me not been in GTA V. 

• Algonquin Assassin, anthony, rampage08 and 4 others like this

TheOriginalGunslinger
  • TheOriginalGunslinger

Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 January 2018 - 05:03 PM Edited by Dexter_Morgan, 11 January 2018 - 05:05 PM.

Being "forced" to climb over fences and stuff. When you mash buttons when you are still climbing it doesn't allow you to drop down. In IV, you can actually grab a ledge or hang off a fence and decide if you want to climb over it or not (you can also shimmy in some areas). In V, when you climb it automatically does it for you (I mean even in GTA: San Andreas you were able to hang onto fences) but in V there is no way to drop down. Getting shot in the ass from an enemy NPC or cop isn't fun. Why can't I just drop down when that happens and turn on the enemy quickly to take care of the threat.
  • Algonquin Assassin, Tycek, SchizNitz and 3 others like this

rampage08
  • rampage08

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 January 2018 - 04:10 AM

I don't know why, but every antagonist in Grand Theft Auto V is supposed to be an idiot. They are all a joke, and Rockstar didn't even try to hide it.

Martin, Stretch, Steve, Wei Cheng, Devin. They all act like morons.

It feels like the protagonists really doesn't have much risk fighting them, the stakes doesn't feel high.

Now Dimitri, every time you see his name on the phone calling you, you know sh*t's about to get real. Remember when he sends a picture of Roman tied to a chair?
  • Algonquin Assassin, Tycek, anthony and 2 others like this

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

• Victim of The Pit™
  • Australia
  • Best Moderator 2017
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 12 January 2018 - 04:28 AM

I like to call Dimitri back. Its so cold (yet weirdly amusing) when Niko threatens to cut off his face. I always imagine a reaction like the thugs in Tropic Thunder..

• rampage08 and Mr_Rager like this

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

• Victim of The Pit™
  • Australia
  • Best Moderator 2017
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 17 January 2018 - 03:45 AM Edited by Algonquin Assassin, 17 January 2018 - 03:45 AM.

I like how taxis have an interior view. I don't know why this was taken out in GTA V? Seems a bit unnecessary. Though I guess GTA V removes tons of things from GTA IV without a reason.

Also the taxi drivers in GTA V are boring. None of them are as cool as Mohammed.

• Tycek, Femme Fatale, eCola and 1 other like this

Mr_Rager
  • Mr_Rager

#

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 January 2018 - 03:49 AM Edited by Mr_Rager, 17 January 2018 - 03:50 AM.

That Dimitri phone call with Niko is so good. Niko says something like he will cut his face off and hang it on his wall to remind him what a lying hypocrite looks like. Brutal.

I'll always have a soft spot for the post Pest Control call with Roman. Niko sounds so defeated internally. Funny how some of the most poignant dialogue happens outside of cutscenes.

Claude_Lib
  • Claude_Lib

Talkative like never before

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 17 January 2018 - 04:23 AM

I like how taxis have an interior view. I don't know why this was taken out in GTA V?

Even more confusing considering that cars in V have better detailed interiors.
  • Algonquin Assassin, Tycek and Mr_Rager like this

Ertan Soner
  • Ertan Soner

Ignore Mode Activated!

• Members
  • Turkey

Posted 17 January 2018 - 08:25 AM

I like how taxis have an interior view. I don't know why this was taken out in GTA V? Seems a bit unnecessary. Though I guess GTA V removes tons of things from GTA IV without a reason.

Also the taxi drivers in GTA V are boring. None of them are as cool as Mohammed.

Yeah looking around in the taxi in first person feel like you are tourist and exploring the city.

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 17 January 2018 - 08:58 AM Edited by Tycek, 18 January 2018 - 10:23 AM.

YT Video

The interior of the taxi cars was cool feature and it irks me as well what was the reason behind cutting it out. I still recall the fiest time when I was riding in taxi in IV and how I was stunned by the fact that it almost felt like a real life - observing the world as you were passing by.

• Algonquin Assassin and Mr_Rager like this

Femme Fatale
  • Femme Fatale

prettier n nastier

• Victim of The Pit™
  • Mexico

Posted 17 January 2018 - 07:32 PM

Maybe R* thought we'd get a better view of the outside during the ride if the camera wasn't inside the taxi.

ArmyRaidFail404
  • ArmyRaidFail404

Banana Republic without the Bananas

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 18 January 2018 - 07:03 AM

I might have to check, but I don't remember the interior taxi view NOT being in GTA V

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

• Victim of The Pit™
  • Australia
  • Best Moderator 2017
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 18 January 2018 - 11:52 AM

I might have to check, but I don't remember the interior taxi view NOT being in GTA V

It’s only present when you select what destination you want to go to before it goes back outside of the taxi which makes its exclusion even more mind blowing since the technical aspects are already there.

Maybe they thought most people use the skip function, but I still like having the option of the interior view if I just want to take my time.
  • Tycek likes this

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 18 January 2018 - 12:54 PM Edited by Tycek, 18 January 2018 - 12:54 PM.

That's what puzzles me the most with the GTA V. Many of the features could be there, as the technical foundations are already set up (like the taxi interior view), but the option itself is not possible. Was it really so hard to just add a camera select button while in the cab, so you could just choose whether you want?

PJR_4015
  • PJR_4015

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 18 January 2018 - 06:35 PM

It’s only present when you select what destination you want to go to before it goes back outside of the taxi which makes its exclusion even more mind blowing since the technical aspects are already there.

Maybe they thought most people use the skip function, but I still like having the option of the interior view if I just want to take my time.

Isn't there a regular first-person view in the current gen and PC versions though? Maybe last-gen didn't have it, but I'm sure the enhanced edition has an interior view.

ToyGT_one
  • ToyGT_one

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • Bahrain

Posted 18 January 2018 - 07:01 PM Edited by ToyGT_one, 18 January 2018 - 07:03 PM.

The atmosphere for doing movies like this. 

Plus back in that time machinimas were far more considered than now, it is incredible now just a regular gameplay with some annoying dude talking and talking has far more views that someone who makes lots of efforts to bring some good videos, I miss Yeardly Diamond times, that was entertainment!

By the way I am so sorry, they are footages of an unreleased movie on late 2009 and I didn't have more quality

Where did Machinimas went these days? I remember them being a huge thing back in very late 2000's/early 2010's especially with these GTA IV/EFLC mini movie style videos. Nowaday's videos are full of begging likes, clickbaits, showing off content and just some "let's play" videos.

Isn't there a regular first-person view in the current gen and PC versions though? Maybe last-gen didn't have it, but I'm sure the enhanced edition has an interior view.

I believe there's a first person view while riding a cab in PS4, XB1 and PC but not in XB360 or PS3.

• MARKUS. likes this

Pedinhuh
  • Pedinhuh

Get down on it!

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 18 January 2018 - 07:10 PM

I will now nominate the best thing IV did better than V:

Story DLCs

;)
  • Algonquin Assassin, SchizNitz and Darealbandicoot like this

ArmyRaidFail404
  • ArmyRaidFail404

Banana Republic without the Bananas

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 19 January 2018 - 04:52 AM Edited by ArmyRaidFail404, 19 January 2018 - 04:54 AM.

Its only present when you select what destination you want to go to before it goes back outside of the taxi which makes its exclusion even more mind blowing since the technical aspects are already there.
I believe there's a first person view while riding a cab in PS4, XB1 and PC but not in XB360 or PS3.
I just booted up GTA V on my Xbox One, got in a cab and went to Franklin's safe house all in first person. It's definetly in the game, but it's probably not in the original 360/PS3 version
  • Am Shaegar likes this

Am Shaegar
  • Am Shaegar

Chartered Accountant

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 January 2018 - 06:01 AM

I just booted up GTA V on my Xbox One, got in a cab and went to Franklin's safe house all in first person. It's definetly in the game, but it's probably not in the original 360/PS3 version

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users