Things GTA IV did better than GTA V

5,108 replies to this topic
T-ru
  • T-ru

kamikadze

• Members
  • Bulgaria

Posted 20 October 2017 - 04:10 PM

But in V there is a more FUN, this's a game not a movie, book or song and should be motion, should be beautiful, realistic, optimized, varied, varied vehicles, varied peds, bigger map...etc and V owns this things much more than IV!!!

GTA 5 is fun = opinions not fact
GTA 5 is beautiful = GTA 4: 2008 first R* release on oldgen
GTA 5 is realistic = rofl
varied peds = rofl
bigger map = Just Cause 2 is better than GTA 4 and RDR because it has a bigger map.

Few lines before;

it's fatuously to say IV is better than V or V is better than IV, both of the games are GREAT!

Right.

GTA 5 is fun = opinions not fact - Agree!
GTA 5 is beautiful = GTA 4: 2008 first R* release on oldgen - Yes and they covered everything with ugliness and bugs, at this state Rage engine had much much more potential, just watch carefully the first trailer!!! 
GTA 5 is realistic = rofl - rofl what??!! Maybe you did not play V enough, IV is very realistic too but at some points the main character is like super hero and gymnastic also the vehicles use a bit of moon gravity while driving or flying!
varied peds = rofl - Again you did not play V enough, in IV the peds are much more on the streets but they are like a twins with different clothes!
bigger map = Just Cause 2 is better than GTA 4 and RDR because it has a bigger map. - We talking about GTA, my town and area have biggest map!

prettybluemetal
  • prettybluemetal

Indigo Child

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 October 2017 - 07:35 PM

Definitley the physics.
  • ROCKSTAR MANIC and straightupmenace like this

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

We're all looking for that special someone

• Members
  • Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 21 October 2017 - 12:30 AM

All of you here are sick. I just read this topic and I'm llllooolllll. :lol:
I play IV since 2008, completed the game and dls many times but it's fatuously to say IV is better than V or V is better than IV, both of the games are GREAT!

But to be honest V is a bit better than IV, like IV is a bit better than SA, SA is bit better than III...etc

IV is more deep than V.
IV is like a book, V is like a magazine.
IV is like a underground meaningful hip hop song, V is like a today commercial hip hop.
...etc

But in V there is a more FUN, this's a game not a movie, book or song and should be motion, should be beautiful, realistic, optimized, varied, varied vehicles, varied peds, bigger map...etc and V owns this things much more than IV!!!

Well personally I think its more fun to read a deep and interesting novel (GTA IV) than a magazine (GTA V) that in some ways is more flashy, but lacks substance.

The analogy perfectly describes both games actually. Whilst a magazine might be fun to read its still just a magazine without much meaning and redeeming value to read through multiple times.

A novel by contrast is more layered and youd probably want to read it over again to absorb it all.
  • B Dawg, Tycek, T-ru and 4 others like this

NikoB.IV
  • NikoB.IV

NB VS ALL

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 October 2017 - 07:30 AM

driving is more realistic in iv but in v if you just push the play station shock a little bit left or right it will go like flash (a marvel character)

StormBreaker
  • StormBreaker

Rockstar Hater

• Members
  • India

Posted 21 October 2017 - 12:44 PM

driving is more realistic in iv but in v if you just push the play station shock a little bit left or right it will go like flash (a marvel character)

Another reason why i love IV. Also, i think flash is a DC character *shrug*

TheOriginalGunslinger
  • TheOriginalGunslinger

Playa

• Members
  • United-States
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 25 October 2017 - 02:37 AM Edited by TheOriginalGunslinger, 25 October 2017 - 02:38 AM.

I really like the Niko Bellic character trailer better compared to the Michael, Franklin and Trevor character trailers. (Out of those three character trailers from GTA V though I will say the Michael one was my favorite).

• CartmanKusanagi and ToyGT_one like this

JavierC
  • JavierC

Player Hater

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 25 October 2017 - 03:31 AM

I really like the Niko Bellic character trailer better compared to the Michael, Franklin and Trevor character trailers. (Out of those three character trailers from GTA V though I will say the Michael one was my favorite).

Fun fact: At 0:23 you can hear the Mission Passed sound effect of GTA V.

• Leroy Jethro Gibbs likes this

Claude_Lib
  • Claude_Lib

Talkative like never before

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 25 October 2017 - 04:09 AM

No, the other way around, in GTA V they used plain generic stock sound effect for Mission Passed.

JavierC
  • JavierC

Player Hater

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 25 October 2017 - 04:17 AM

Yeah that was my point lol.

Claude_Lib
  • Claude_Lib

Talkative like never before

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 25 October 2017 - 04:23 AM

Oops, misunderstood you, my bad.

Gettin up
  • Gettin up

Thug

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 26 October 2017 - 08:34 AM

Burger Shot.

RoscoeHussein
  • RoscoeHussein

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 October 2017 - 07:46 PM Edited by RoscoeHussein, 03 November 2017 - 07:24 PM.

Liberty City actually felt like people lived there. There were enough houses and apartments in IV. In V, it seems like there are more business and stores than houses, not to mention how small the V neighborhoods are. Makes you think, when the day's over, where do people sleep?

• anthony, CartmanKusanagi and theGTAking101 like this

CGFforLife
  • CGFforLife

GTA V:A Huge improvement over snore (GTA IV)

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 30 October 2017 - 08:05 AM

I always enjoy playing hide and seek with the polices in IV, shame you couldn't do this in V though
  • EtherTakeover likes this

Davao
  • Davao

GTA 4 Rules!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 October 2017 - 08:48 AM

You gained money in missions, while in V you don't gain any money from except the heists in the main missions.

• CartmanKusanagi likes this

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

• Members
  • Australia
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 30 October 2017 - 11:03 AM

You gained money in missions, while in V you don't gain any money from except the heists in the main missions.

I can see the logic behind this to make the heists feel worthy of their payouts, but it still feels a bit unbalanced especially seeing as a couple of the heists don't even reward money.

I know money in GTA IV becomes useless, but it's still cool starting off working for a few bucks before getting paid top dollar for some high profile assassinations.

• gunziness and CartmanKusanagi like this

Son of Zeus
  • Son of Zeus

Still King

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 30 October 2017 - 03:33 PM

I can see the logic behind this to make the heists feel worthy of their payouts, but it still feels a bit unbalanced especially seeing as a couple of the heists dont even reward money.

I know money in GTA IV becomes useless, but its still cool starting off working for a few bucks before getting paid top dollar for some high profile assasinations.

Shame there was not much to spend on though. Atleast in V there are more things to spend on. Overall 3d Era was the best in this.
  • ROCKSTAR MANIC likes this

Davao
  • Davao

GTA 4 Rules!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 October 2017 - 04:16 PM

Taxi Drivers, in V it's the same guy, but in IV, there was more than one model for the taxi driver even though most of the time it was that old guy,

• Official General, ROCKSTAR MANIC and theGTAking101 like this

Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, we always carry heat around here.

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 October 2017 - 08:20 PM

Taxi Drivers, in V it's the same guy, but in IV, there was more than one model for the taxi driver even though most of the time it was that old guy,

Agreed.

I too felt annoyed they were all the same guy in V.

Davao
  • Davao

GTA 4 Rules!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 October 2017 - 10:47 PM

Subway system is a whole lot better than the tram system. The subway system is better, and feels more realistic except for the part that on the subway trains, there is hardly any passengers on and they always get off at the next stop.

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

• Members
  • Australia
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 31 October 2017 - 12:04 PM

Since crouching was taken out in GTA V there's no adequate replacement for the Slav squat.

• anthony, ROCKSTAR MANIC, theGTAking101 and 2 others like this

eCola
  • eCola

Homie

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 02 November 2017 - 10:11 PM

Come at me lol

ougQbep.jpg

• B Dawg, anthony, CartmanKusanagi and 4 others like this

Davao
  • Davao

GTA 4 Rules!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 November 2017 - 12:32 PM

The Peds. In V, if you talked to a ped, then they'd usually phone the cops on you for no stupid reason, at least this didn't happen in IV.

• Algonquin Assassin, Official General, CartmanKusanagi and 3 others like this

Davao
  • Davao

GTA 4 Rules!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 November 2017 - 09:42 PM

I also like how in IV, that your phone removes the contact you don't need from your phone however in V, this doesn't happen

• Algonquin Assassin, theGTAking101 and Arrows to Athens like this

eCola
  • eCola

Homie

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 4 weeks ago

GTA IV had safehouses that actually felt like, well, safehouses. V didn't.

• theGTAking101, Arrows to Athens and Femme Fatale like this

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

• Members
  • Australia
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 4 weeks ago

GTA IV's story's so grand and intricate it took GTA IV plus EFLC to explain it all. With a similar structure GTA V's story is shorter, no where near the character development and no interesting sub plots like the diamonds.

• gunziness and TommyPayne123 like this

TommyPayne123
  • TommyPayne123

Player Hater

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 3 weeks ago

Absolutely everything.

ToyGT_one
  • ToyGT_one

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • Bahrain

Posted 3 weeks ago

Offtopic but that trailer with that song and that dark gritty environment made me really nostalgic. I couldn't believe it's almost 10 year since the release of GTA 4. 

• Algonquin Assassin and Arrows to Athens like this

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

• Members
  • Australia
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 3 weeks ago

Offtopic but that trailer with that song and that dark gritty environment made me really nostalgic. I couldn't believe it's almost 10 year since the release of GTA 4. 

I love this video which it's why in in my "About me" page.;)

• ToyGT_one likes this

D9fred95
  • D9fred95

10 Franklings out of 10

• Members
  • Canada

Posted A week ago

Not really V, but in GTAO I literally get phone calls from Ron, Agent 14, Simeon, everybody all the time nonstop telling me to buy bunkers, hangers and all that stuff.

As much as everyone talks about the "Let's go bowling" jokes, I don't recall being called by people in GTA IV nearly as much as GTAO's contacts. At least in IV it's a simple invitation to hang out, in GTAO it's: 

"See this hanger? You should buy it, the hanger that I mentioned, you know that hanger, you could make so much money with that hanger, did I mention the hanger? I'll text you about the hanger if you want to buy a hanger because hangers are wonderful".

I don't get how IV is a laughingstock for phone calls but GTAO with contacts pestering you nonstop to spend money gets a free pass.

• Algonquin Assassin, B Dawg, ToyGT_one and 4 others like this

MrPeteyMax
  • MrPeteyMax

Kill them assholes! Man, this is a good sandwich.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted A week ago

Not really V, but in GTAO I literally get phone calls from Ron, Agent 14, Simeon, everybody all the time nonstop telling me to buy bunkers, hangers and all that stuff.

As much as everyone talks about the "Let's go bowling" jokes, I don't recall being called by people in GTA IV nearly as much as GTAO's contacts. At least in IV it's a simple invitation to hang out, in GTAO it's: 

"See this hanger? You should buy it, the hanger that I mentioned, you know that hanger, you could make so much money with that hanger, did I mention the hanger? I'll text you about the hanger if you want to buy a hanger because hangers are wonderful".

I don't get how IV is a laughingstock for phone calls but GTAO with contacts pestering you nonstop to spend money gets a free pass.

Don't worry, I'm a bullsh*t translator. I'll tell you what they're saying.

"See this hanger? You should buy shark cards to afford it, the hanger I mentioned, you know that hanger, you should buy more shark cards, did I mention the shark cards? I'll text you about the hanger if you buy shark cards because shark cards are wonderful."

My answer for this thread: No Microtransactions.

• B Dawg, ToyGT_one, Piggsy pls and 3 others like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users