Things GTA IV did better than GTA V

5,024 replies to this topic
TheOriginalGunslinger
  • TheOriginalGunslinger

Thug

• Members
  • United-States
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted A week ago Edited by TheOriginalGunslinger, A week ago.

Speaking of Michael did anybody else expect him to take a more serious approach instead of goofing/brushing stuff off most of the time. He thought everything was a joke IMO. As others have stated in the debut trailer he does have a certain resemblance about him that made us think that we were gonna play as a badass bank robber with a few last scores left in him. But instead we got a forgettable Hollywood (err, I mean a Vinewood movie).

Seriously, Michael should have taken a more serious approach at times and he wouldn't have been so washed up.

Oh, and that's Michael shooting Trevor in the Richman Hotel if anybody wanted to mess around and imagine things different. ;)

"Look at me! Look at me!" Achievement Unlocked - 100G - GG R*
  • Algonquin Assassin, B Dawg, anthony and 2 others like this

TheOriginalGunslinger
  • TheOriginalGunslinger

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

That's the GTA V I wanted to see. A serious crime story about trying to make money in an economic down turn by pulling off a series of audacious heists. No Trevor, No FIB bullsh*t, no stupid f*cking gimmicks.

This. Couldn't have said it better myself.
  • Algonquin Assassin likes this

Darealbandicoot
  • Darealbandicoot

Strange and exotic sailor

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

Man that first trailer... Seemed like it was going to top every previous Gta ever made to become the ultimate gta. A gta where rockstar took the good and bad of every single game they were making the game of the century.. Well they KIND of did, sales wise but that impression that first trailer made almost 6 years ago, won't be forgotten.

KonradGM
  • KonradGM

GM of himself

• Members

Posted A week ago Edited by KonradGM, A week ago.

i just feel Rockstar got bored of GTA5 and it became a game that is missing something?

It's missing a great and memorable story, likeable characters, engaging side missions, proper physics and so on. It isn't just something. It's a whole lot of somethings. :p

eeeh physics are questionable, can't really say any r* game had perfect physics, there are aspecst of IV physics that i like over other games but there are aspects of V physics i like over IV, IV was way to wobbly, but V characters collapse too fast way to easy, both games didn't had that good enemy interaction for gun wounds when it comes to being shoot in the legs sadly, that thing comes to RDR, now those physics were something else.

StormBreaker
  • StormBreaker

Rockstar Hater

• Members
  • India

Posted A week ago Edited by StormBreaker, A week ago.

I still cry over how promising the game looked in the trailer. I'm talking about V, not IV
  • Algonquin Assassin, Plank. and B Dawg like this

ReadyerrNot
  • ReadyerrNot

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 6 days ago

A months ago, I posted that V had better music... I recant my statement. IV's music really captures the feel of the different boroughs in LC/NYC.

The Vibe ftw
  • Algonquin Assassin, B Dawg, theGTAking101 and 1 other like this

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

We're all looking for that special someone

• Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 6 days ago

A months ago, I posted that V had better music... I recant my statement. IV's music really captures the feel of the different boroughs in LC/NYC.

The Vibe ftw

To be honest the music in GTA V is one of the few things it gets right (for the most part). Still nothing beats LRR, The Vibe and Fusion.

• theGTAking101 likes this

.Emmi
  • .Emmi

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • Austria

Posted 6 days ago

Just recently I started playing GTA V on my PS3 again ... I'm at 45% or so ... I must say objectively it's the better GTA compared to IV for sure.

But it does a lot of things worse ... for unknown reasons to me ... like the melee combat is a joke, the peds are not as diverse and lifelike as in IV, the cops are 'dumb' compared to IV's, the story is bad (but I think that's due to the 3 character experiment), barely any interiors! and more.

But - at least from my side - it's safe to say that I would not want to go back to a IV game, compared to V again > what do I mean by that exactly you may ask?!

I mean that I would not want to go back to a GTA game that does not feature eg. bicycles, planes, character customization, vehicle customization, a countryside (V's map layout was a joke though and showed that one city is really not enough for a map this big!), a parachute!, all sorts of water vehicles (jetski!), yeah even a proper beach section, ... all which IV lacked more or less.

I remember when I played GTA IV back in 2008 - coming from San Andreas - that was surprisely no big issue for me. Being very limited in all this stuff. But now going back to IV after having played V it's a completely different story. The graphical leap from IV to V is also significant, especially since it's on the same console after all.

The playsessions with V lately somehow encouraged me to buy GTA V for PS4. I would have never thought I'd pick this game up twice, but I'll do it.

GTA 6 should be the dense, exciting, deep, emotional and immersive experience that IV was.

GTA 6 should also be the fun, adrenalin, all sorts of crazy stuff-experience that V is.

• Algonquin Assassin likes this

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

• Australia
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 6 days ago

Just recently I started playing GTA V on my PS3 again ... I'm at 45% or so ... I must say objectively it's the better GTA compared to IV for sure.
But it does a lot of things worse ... for unknown reasons to me ... like the melee combat is a joke, the peds are not as diverse and lifelike as in IV, the cops are 'dumb' compared to IV's, the story is bad (but I think that's due to the 3 character experiment), barely any interiors! and more.
But - at least from my side - it's safe to say that I would not want to go back to a IV game, compared to V again > what do I mean by that exactly you may ask?!
I mean that I would not want to go back to a GTA game that does not feature eg. bicycles, planes, character customization, vehicle customization, a countryside (V's map layout was a joke though and showed that one city is really not enough for a map this big!), a parachute!, all sorts of water vehicles (jetski!), yeah even a proper beach section, ... all which IV lacked more or less.
I remember when I played GTA IV back in 2008 - coming from San Andreas - that was surprisely no big issue for me. Being very limited in all this stuff. But now going back to IV after having played V it's a completely different story. The graphical leap from IV to V is also significant, especially since it's on the same console after all.
The playsessions with V lately somehow encouraged me to buy GTA V for PS4. I would have never thought I'd pick this game up twice, but I'll do it.
GTA 6 should be the dense, exciting, deep, emotional and immersive experience that IV was.
GTA 6 should also be the fun, adrenalin, all sorts of crazy stuff-experience that V is.

I can understand how GTA IV not having planes, much customisation etc would be a turn off if someone's used to having these options, but those things you mentioned GTA IV does better are what keeps me coming back to it.

GTA V's graphics are a big leap definitely, but I don't play games for graphics.

fashion
  • fashion

Glory to Mankind!

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 6 days ago

- IV had the perfect mix between realism and fun in cop shootouts. In V, you rarely can escape the cops on foot and will most likely get shot.

- Better story.

- Funny TV stations, internet sites and talk shows. V had some silly parodies.

- LC atmosphere > LS atmosphere.

- No microtransactions.
  • B Dawg, theGTAking101 and Ertan Soner like this

Ertan Soner
  • Ertan Soner

Legendary Commenter

• Members
  • Turkey

Posted 6 days ago

- IV had the perfect mix between realism and fun in cop shootouts. In V, you rarely can escape the cops on foot and will most likely get shot.

- Better story.

- Funny TV stations, internet sites and talk shows. V had some silly parodies.

- LC atmosphere > LS atmosphere.

- No microtransactions.

Exactly my thoughts

StormBreaker
  • StormBreaker

Rockstar Hater

• Members
  • India

Posted 5 days ago

- No microtransactions.

This.

fashion
  • fashion

Glory to Mankind!

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 2 days ago

The email system. They're there to push the story foward, can be both very funny and sad and the occasional spammail is funny to read. You can also date everyone on lovemeet and receive some pretty hillarious answers.

In V, there's no difference between SMS and email, both are boring to read, have zero interactivity and there's zero reason to have both email and sms. Both could be served under one mobile section.
  • Tycek and Neon_Dreaming like this

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

• Australia
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted A day ago

The email system. They're there to push the story foward, can be both very funny and sad and the occasional spammail is funny to read. You can also date everyone on lovemeet and receive some pretty hillarious answers.
In V, there's no difference between SMS and email, both are boring to read, have zero interactivity and there's zero reason to have both email and sms. Both could be served under one mobile section.

I also like having the option to respond positively or negatively. Some of the sh*t Niko says to Roman and Brucie cracks me up.:lol:
  • StormBreaker likes this

TheOriginalGunslinger
  • TheOriginalGunslinger

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A day ago

I also like having the option to respond positively or negatively. Some of the sh*t Niko says to Roman and Brucie cracks me up.:lol:

I love that one reply back to Brucie.

"You need help"
  • Algonquin Assassin, Tycek and Neon_Dreaming like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users