4,565 replies to this topic
Midnight Hitman
  • Midnight Hitman

No Time To Bleed

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Most Unwanted Medal 2016

Posted A week ago

Bit of a confession but i'm more concerned about the phisics, i was sorely dissapointed when i drove a patriot against a car for the first time and it barely moved.
That just killed it for me, i have more fun dicking around with a phantom truck in IV than i do in V.
  • MiamiViceCity, B Dawg, Omarock and 4 others like this

Cluckin' Bell
  • Cluckin' Bell

Chokey Chicken

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago Edited by Cluckin' Bell, A week ago.

Better heavy vehicle weights.

HaythamKenway
  • HaythamKenway

Mister Doctor

• Zaibatsu
  • Czech-Republic

Posted A week ago Edited by HaythamKenway, A week ago.

Bit of a confession but i'm more concerned about the phisics, i was sorely dissapointed when i drove a patriot against a car for the first time and it barely moved.
That just killed it for me, i have more fun dicking around with a phantom truck in IV than i do in V.

This oh so much. Barreling through the streets with the Patriot in IV was so gratifying. Speeding down alongside the Middle Park, going to the max speed and then crushing the sh*t of some poor unlucky soul's car. Plunging the cars away as if they were bowling pins. Causing pile-ups and steamrolling over cars on the Broker Bridge. I didn't even need a tank in vanilla IV, since this was so much more fun. What did the Rhino do in the 3D Era anyway? It just blew cars up the moment you touched them. This was much more unpredictable. It made IV's excellent damage model and satisfying physics both shine.

Though, admittedly, I did welcome the APC in TBoGT. But for the same reasons. Its cannon gloriously turning the cars into mush and flinging them around, but not blowing them up with a single shot.

It's moments like this when I just have to wonder why things went so wrong. How come a game from 2008, R*'s first real foray into next-gen consoles at the time, has so much more TECHNOLOGY than most games in 2016? Crashing cars in so many games still feels just like bashing bricks and the collisions barely make a dent on them.

• B Dawg, Tycek, Official General and 6 others like this

ViceBoy69
  • ViceBoy69

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 6 days ago

Like ive said before it feels like games are not advancing anymore, they are going back to how early games where, it doesn't make sense.

Those people who complained about car handling in IV are crazy all its done is make driving a car in V about as much fun as having a needle stuck in your eye.

• Omarock and PhillBellic like this

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

Phill Bellic. The Universal L.E.O.

• Members
  • Australia
  • Worst Bellic [All Time]

Posted 6 days ago

This oh so much. Barreling through the streets with the Patriot in IV was so gratifying. Speeding down alongside the Middle Park, going to the max speed and then crushing the sh*t of some poor unlucky soul's car. Plunging the cars away as if they were bowling pins. Causing pile-ups and steamrolling over cars on the Broker Bridge. I didn't even need a tank in vanilla IV, since this was so much more fun. What did the Rhino do in the 3D Era anyway? It just blew cars up the moment you touched them. This was much more unpredictable. It made IV's excellent damage model and satisfying physics both shine.

Though, admittedly, I did welcome the APC in TBoGT. But for the same reasons. Its cannon gloriously turning the cars into mush and flinging them around, but not blowing them up with a single shot.

It's moments like this when I just have to wonder why things went so wrong. How come a game from 2008, R*'s first real foray into next-gen consoles at the time, has so much more TECHNOLOGY than most games in 2016? Crashing cars in so many games still feels just like bashing bricks and the collisions barely make a dent on them.

It's not just Vehicle Physics. Why is it that in IV/EFLC you can shoot up your Safehouse, yet in V you can't. That leaves you so extremely vulnerable if someone follows you inside.

Someone had to program that in just to troll the Player.

Ollie23
  • Ollie23

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 6 days ago Edited by Ollie23, 6 days ago.

The helicopter tours over Liberty City were way more funny, interesting and just overall way better than that damn bus tour with the tourguide woman who has the most annoying voice that makes me want to chainsaw my ears off.
  • HaythamKenway likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users