Photo

Things GTA IV did better than GTA V

4,409 replies to this topic
Lester-The-Molester
  • Lester-The-Molester

When there's no cops, anything's legal!

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 August 2016 - 07:16 PM Edited by Lester-The-Molester, 23 August 2016 - 07:16 PM.

When you try to get out after flipping your car sideways, Niko kicks out the passenger-side door and jumps out, instead of simply teleporting outside like the V trio. 

Because Heaven forbid the Online crowd having to wait even One Second for a Window breaking Animation to play... :sigh:

I can confirm this as utter bullsh*t. I just tested this and the character opens the door then proceeds to climb outside of the car.
  • Midnight Hitman likes this

jpm1
  • jpm1

Vice city citizen

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 23 August 2016 - 07:39 PM Edited by jpm1, 23 August 2016 - 07:39 PM.

V citizens don't take an umbrella when raining, because they are all depressed by that dead city. LC citizens are happy people, that are leaving a hectic life

• Dollarhide, PhillBellic, RogerWho and 1 other like this

Dollarhide
  • Dollarhide

Original Pimp

• Members

Posted 4 weeks ago

Playing GTAIV on PC I've never had a blue screen. In GTAV I got blue screen even when playing at normal settings. f*cking bitch ass game.

Niobium
  • Niobium

PROFESSIONAL IV FANBOY & SH*TPOSTER

• Members
  • Canada
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by Niobium, 4 weeks ago.

better fire/molotov effects

skip to 15:05

for a game that is supposed to have better graphics, GTA V has awful looking fire compared to IV.

• PhillBellic, Payne, Cluckin' Bell and 1 other like this

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

Phill Bellic. The Universal L.E.O.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 4 weeks ago

IV just seems to be more Memeable, if you know what I mean.

• TheOtherRyan, Niobium, Cluckin' Bell and 2 others like this

Rodger Cheeto
  • Rodger Cheeto

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

Road details, there's bumps in the roads and occasionally you'll go over a crack and hear your wheels, anyone who's been in a car before know's what I'm talking about.

• PhillBellic and Cluckin' Bell like this

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 3 weeks ago

Road details, there's bumps in the roads and occasionally you'll go over a crack and hear your wheels, anyone who's been in a car before know's what I'm talking about.

Also, when Driving over a Man Hole, you'll hear a clunking sound as well.

• Rodger Cheeto and Cluckin' Bell like this

Rodger Cheeto
  • Rodger Cheeto

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

Also, when Driving over a Man Hole, you'll hear a clunking sound as well.

YES

• PhillBellic likes this

jpm1
  • jpm1

Vice city citizen

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 3 weeks ago

- vehicles rear lights are way better in IV

- in IV bikers don't wreck themselves for no reason. because LC bikers are good bikers

- when Niko goes into the water his head doesn't shine like a petanque ball

- in IV high end cars doesn't throw flames at low speeds

• PhillBellic, Scaglietti, Niobium and 2 others like this

ShenHAX
  • ShenHAX

DickHead™

• Members
  • India

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by ShenHAX, 3 weeks ago.

FINAL PONT-GTA IV is the best, GTA V sukz IMO

Niobium
  • Niobium

PROFESSIONAL IV FANBOY & SH*TPOSTER

• Members
  • Canada
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by Niobium, 3 weeks ago.

in V when you are standing on a ledge and you walk towards the edge, your character automatically slides down and drops down to the ground (if the ledge is not too high from the ground). this can be really annoying.

in IV, your character doesn't do this.

• Payne, Cluckin' Bell and Sweet Bellic like this

Cluckin' Bell
  • Cluckin' Bell

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

The sounds. All of them.

• Journey_95, Niobium, thehambone and 2 others like this

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 3 weeks ago

I genuinely feel like they made IV so complex that when they questionably decided to redo everything from scrap with V that they forgot most of the little details.

• TheOtherRyan, PhillBellic, Journey_95 and 2 others like this

jpm1
  • jpm1

Vice city citizen

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 3 weeks ago

I genuinely feel like they made IV so complex that when they questionably decided to redo everything from scrap with V that they forgot most of the little details.

IV was made by genius. you see games like that 4 or 5 times in a lifetime

• TheOtherRyan, PhillBellic, Journey_95 and 2 others like this

TheOtherRyan
  • TheOtherRyan

Soviet Connection

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 3 weeks ago

GTA IV's missions are better than GTA V's. In fact I would go as far as saying that GTA V's missions are quite overrated. Atleast in GTA IV it's established that Niko's a hired gun/hit man so of course the missions generally reflect that.

More importantly they gel so much better with how the story progresses. At the start he partakes in simple errands as he's setting in, after that he gets involved low level street thugs and eventually he becomes are highly skilled hitman.

And this is just a personal preference, but I don't believe a mission has to be action driven in order to be "fun". I know some people don't like the abundance of shootouts in GTA IV however I think they're great because GTA IV's shooting mechanics make them so enjoyable.

Of course this doesn't mean every mission in GTA IV is an instant classic or that every mission in GTA V is bad, but GTA IV's missions feel more appropriate for the kind of character Niko is and the story that's being told. Then there's the fact that the missions are generally more open ended than GTA V's making them more enjoyable on repeat play throughs.
  • Tycek, Journey_95, Niobium and 4 others like this

DERGaming
  • DERGaming

One thing you can always expect at a car dealership

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

IV has more realistic traffic lights in IV you can drive like the other cars perfectly in V people go on red and stop at green?

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 3 weeks ago

And this is just a personal preference, but I don't believe a mission has to be action driven in order to be "fun".

'Masks', and 'Boiler Suits' beg to differ. ;)

• Cluckin' Bell and Neon_Dreaming like this

thehambone
  • thehambone

Get Get Get Get Got Got Got Got

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

IV has more realistic traffic lights in IV you can drive like the other cars perfectly in V people go on red and stop at green?

One thing that V did better than IV though in terms of traffic lights is the fact that cars won't try to go around you if you're stopped at a red light in V.

Journey_95
  • Journey_95

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 3 weeks ago

GTA IV's missions are better than GTA V's. In fact I would go as far as saying that GTA V's missions are quite overrated. Atleast in GTA IV it's established that Niko's a hired gun/hit man so of course the missions generally reflect that.

More importantly they gel so much better with how the story progresses. At the start he partakes in simple errands as he's setting in, after that he gets involved low level street thugs and eventually he becomes are highly skilled hitman.

And this is just a personal preference, but I don't believe a mission has to be action driven in order to be "fun". I know some people don't like the abundance of shootouts in GTA IV however I think they're great because GTA IV's shooting mechanics make them so enjoyable.

Of course this doesn't mean every mission in GTA IV is an instant classic or that every mission in GTA V is bad, but GTA IV's missions feel more appropriate for the kind of character Niko is and the story that's being told. Then there's the fact that the missions are generally more open ended than GTA V's making them more enjoyable on repeat play throughs.

I agree, while a bit more variety would have been good overall GTA IV's missions fit Niko's story. Having him do some crazy over the top stuff would have been jarring and unnecessary, really glad Rockstar didn't pander to SA fans.

GTA V's missions often have barely any story or purpose apart from crazy sh*t going down for some reason.

• TheOtherRyan likes this

Widowmakеr
  • Widowmakеr

À la vie, à la mort.

• The Yakuza
  • France

Posted 3 weeks ago

I'd argue because it's somewhat easier to tell a story with a fresh face. V's characters are all established in San Andreas one way or another. There's no "you're the new guy" part, you just get down to business. Although, same thing was with IV's Episodes, and they did it right with "telling the story of an already established character", as in showing you the ropes as you go along, but that may be just me. Before EFLC/V, there's always been this "new guy phase" which were essentially errand runs to introduce the player to the world and show them the ropes. V still shows the ropes to some extent using tooltips, but it really just throws you right in the middle of the action.

• Osho likes this

TheOtherRyan
  • TheOtherRyan

Soviet Connection

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 3 weeks ago

I'd argue because it's somewhat easier to tell a story with a fresh face. V's characters are all established in San Andreas one way or another. There's no "you're the new guy" part, you just get down to business. Although, same thing was with IV's Episodes, and they did it right with "telling the story of an already established character", as in showing you the ropes as you go along, but that may be just me. Before EFLC/V, there's always been this "new guy phase" which were essentially errand runs to introduce the player to the world and show them the ropes. V still shows the ropes to some extent using tooltips, but it really just throws you right in the middle of the action.

I get what you're saying, but that's honestly the main thing I don't like about GTA V's story. It's trying to make us sympathise with characters that feel like their story already started. EFLC is slightly different because it's taking place at the same time as GTA IV so the established characters have more bearing.

With GTA IV Niko arrives into the city with nothing, slowly finding his feet and the missions get more and more intense as time goes on. The slow burn made me appreciate the later missions to the point where I can recall far more missions off the top of my head than GTA V because I enjoyed them more. It's a similar thing regarding missions in the Saints Row games too. I can't recall any significant amount that I enjoyed because they all became a blur.

Action from the start really doesn't interest me. I prefer when the missions gradually wind up.
  • Arthur Fookin Shelby likes this

jpm1
  • jpm1

Vice city citizen

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 3 weeks ago

in IV trashbins look like trashbins. in V trashbins are things that are trying to look like trashbins. this is the whole problem of V, it's just too much. too much anims, too much talking when driving, too much pointless features, too much reflection efflects, too much broken barriers deformation effects, and too much online too :colgate:

• TheOtherRyan, PhillBellic, Cluckin' Bell and 1 other like this

SideStunt
  • SideStunt

"He's covered wars, ya' know."

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 3 weeks ago

In V you get cut off by drivers A LOT, either they switch lanes constantly or just get in the way you're going and stop. In IV it doesn't happen that often, to me at least.

• Niobium likes this

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 3 weeks ago

in IV trashbins look like trashbins. in V trashbins are things that are trying to look like trashbins.

Go on. You wouldn't mind elaborating there?

jpm1
  • jpm1

Vice city citizen

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 2 weeks ago

in IV trashbins look like trashbins. in V trashbins are things that are trying to look like trashbins.

IV

p9DknED.jpg

V

ysqYILj.jpg

you look carefully at IV object, you see something realistic. you look carefully at V object, you see something weird

• PhillBellic likes this

RogerWho
  • RogerWho

Let watch_dogs lie

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 2 weeks ago

:blink: :blink: :blink: I had no idea IV has so many sounds related to mission completion.

This should be THE symbol of IV to V regression from now on.

The one annoying thing I associate with V the most is the 'slap in the face' mission failure sound. Not to mention it plays whenever you deviate from the game's plan the slightest, such as when not buying the right weapon or whatever.

Bloody hell. Talk about regression from the beautiful to complete idiocy.

• TheOtherRyan, HaythamKenway, PhillBellic and 3 others like this

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

Pass The Whiskey

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 2 weeks ago

IV

V

you look carefully at IV object, you see something realistic. you look carefully at V object, you see something weird

Realistic thrash bins are full of rocks and look like ramps and they can't have cardboard boxes on top? :lol:

Spoiler

• PhillBellic, Cluckin' Bell and Arthur Fookin Shelby like this

ya_boii_rj
  • ya_boii_rj

Player Hater

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 2 weeks ago

Also don't forget YELLOW CAR

Lunar_Twisted
  • Lunar_Twisted

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

I love the GTA IV mission complete sounds. The sounds feel so rewarding every time I hear them.

- You can leave your vehicle engine on when you exit the vehicle or simply turn it off by holding the triangle button(PS3)/holding the "Y" button(Xbox 360). In GTA V, you automatically turn off your engine when you leave your vehicle.

- Car dealerships: In GTA IV, you can steal vehicles from any dealerships from Grotti in Middle Park East, Algonquin, Auto Eroticar in Alderney City, Alderney & Westdyke Autos in Werstdyke, Alderney. Unlike GTA V, you have Luxury Autos in Rockford Hills, Los Santos, Premium Deluxe Motorsport in Pillbox, Los Santos, Sanders Motorcycles in Mission Row, Los Santos, Vapid of Los Santos(across the street from Premium Deluxe Motorsport) and other dealerships I haven't mention, you can't steal vehicles.

- The camera angle when driving a vehicle in IV. In GTA V, there is just only one vehicle that has a weird camera angle and it's the Vapid Taxi. It feels weird to drive around since the camera is not up close to the vehicle compare to the rest of the them. Here is what I mean:

GTA IV: Vapid Taxi(1st gen)

4kh0k.jpg

GTA V: Vapid Taxi(2nd gen)

e81ow5.jpg

GTA V: Vapid Stanier(1st gen)

27x2lbc.jpg

GTA V: Orelot Jackal

1zbqi6f.jpg

GTA V: Benefactor Schafter(2nd gen)

11t95aa.jpg

GTA V: Dewbauchee Rapid GT

2aj2o2v.jpg

TheOtherRyan
  • TheOtherRyan

Soviet Connection

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 2 weeks ago

:blink: :blink: :blink: I had no idea IV has so many sounds related to mission completion.

This should be THE symbol of IV to V regression from now on.

The one annoying thing I associate with V the most is the 'slap in the face' mission failure sound. Not to mention it plays whenever you deviate from the game's plan the slightest, such as when not buying the right weapon or whatever.

Bloody hell. Talk about regression from the beautiful to complete idiocy.

Yeah. I hate GTA V's mission failure jingle with passion just like the mission passed one. GTA III, Vice City, San Andreas, GTA IV and EFLC all have really cool tones that fit in with each game's atmosphere, but with GTA V it feels like they hardly put any effort in and it's quite jarring to be honest like someone scratching their fingernails down a chalk board.

Here's a video showing all of GTA IV's mission complete jingles.

• Cluckin' Bell and Arthur Fookin Shelby like this

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users