Photo

Reasons why GTA IV is better than GTA V

3,328 replies to this topic
MrDeSanta
  • MrDeSanta

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 2 days ago Edited by MrDeSanta, 2 days ago.

You know you're getting to someone when they have to mention you in every comment they make, even if they're quoting someone else.

Not really, no :/

I just had to mention the fact you derailed threads with your vehicle collecting, I could of mentioned someone else and you would never of posted this, nobody asked for the vehicle collecting legend on the "did V deserve a 97?" thread.

I never saw @militia derailing any thread so far. Unlike you that is.

@Militia sure is a helpfull member of GTAF and his tips had been helpfull to the people many times. Sure he likes to talk about collecting proof vehicles because he`s a hardcore player and that`s what he likes to do. However like i already said, he is a helpfull member who contributes alot to this forums. Unlike you who really keep derailing threads with your bullsh*t butthurt fanboyism about V.

• Officer620 and Militia like this

LightningLord
  • LightningLord

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted A day ago Edited by LightningLord, A day ago.

GTA IV has more gangs than it appears. I'm pretty sure there are more gangs than VC and SA also. They might not be as homicidal as the 3D era gangs, but that's because they usually blend in.

Don't be fooled though. They're definitely there and they'll kick your ass if you mess with them.

That takes me back to my first time playing GTA IV. I saw this black Schafter, steal it, only to get killed by the driver who had a shotgun. Talk about unexpected, lol. But yeah. I like how IV has quite a few gangs.
  • PulpFiction likes this

Gigs84
  • Gigs84

Haven't you ever heard of the healing power of laughter?

• Members
  • None

Posted A day ago

GTA IV has more gangs than it appears. I'm pretty sure there are more gangs than VC and SA also. They might not be as homicidal as the 3D era gangs, but that's because they usually blend in.
Don't be fooled though. They're definitely there and they'll kick your ass if you mess with them.

I'm 95% sure, SA has more gangs.
Nope.
SA has around 9 gangs.
IV has more than 15.

DOUBLE POST FTW

What about the ones in my head? :catspider:

Son of Zeus
  • Son of Zeus

Ah sh*t, here we go again...

• Members
  • Australia

Posted A day ago Edited by Son of Zeus, A day ago.

Nope.
SA has around 9 gangs.
IV has more than 15.

NO.

IV+EFLC has 12 gangs. 4 of which are of EFLC. Therefore IV has 8 gangs.

Out of the 8, two gangs have same models.

Gigs84
  • Gigs84

Haven't you ever heard of the healing power of laughter?

• Members
  • None

Posted A day ago

Nope.
SA has around 9 gangs.
IV has more than 15.

NO.

Oh.....SNAP

Mr. Fahrenheit
  • Mr. Fahrenheit

will bring you to his house and have a tea party!

• Members
  • Mars

Posted A day ago

Nope.
SA has around 9 gangs.
IV has more than 15.

NO.

sh*t son, me did sum poor maftratics!! Mayb sholdnt have inclded the factions of gangs? (Ancellotis, fau

LilithAkuma
  • LilithAkuma

Demoness

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted A day ago

At least the gangs from IV blend in rather than stick out. When passing by you might notice them by the lines they say, but otherwise they blend in with the city and population. Better than obvious green/purple/yellow that's easily distinguishable.

• Max Payne likes this

Masketta Man
  • Masketta Man

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 hours ago Edited by Masketta Man, 16 hours ago.

IV gangs aren't actually hostile every time you shoot. Someone might be a gang member, but also might be unarmed and even afraid of combat. Sometimes it feels like they're just normal armed citizens, not even part of a gang.

Militia
  • Militia

Special Vehicle Collector

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 16 hours ago

That's why I asked about them.  They might be there, blending in, but more times than not, what you said above will happen, or I will be getting shot with a tiny Pistol that either won't hit me at all, or will take a spec of my Health/Armor off.  That's it...

Anyways, IV is back in my PS3 now.  Gonna play this a few weeks now.

SuperGTFan
  • SuperGTFan

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 hours ago Edited by SuperGTFan, 15 hours ago.

This might be off-topic, but the outfit you find at the bottom of the Statue of Happiness has a writing on it that says "Happiness is... Land."

What does that mean?

Militia
  • Militia

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 15 hours ago

To actually post something on topic:

The load up music for one is better than GTA V's imo.  TLaD's was great, too.  I didn't really like it in TBoGT or V, though.  Was too "happy" (TBoGT) and non existent (V).  I believe the same load up music in V can be heard when you are high in the sky flying a Plane/Helicopter, or very similar ambient sounds.  No matter how much less things there are to to in IV compared to SA and the 3D Era, I can safely say it still feels like GTA.  I know this is gonna be in my PS3 for a while, now.  I missed that blur effect when driving, as well.  I love flipping the cop cars while driving my AP/PP Police Stockade.  Dropping grenades out of the Stockade while you're surrounded by a bunch of NOOSE and Enforcers is epic.  Your frame rate drops significantly due to all the explosions, lol...

• PulpFiction likes this

GamesBoy316
  • GamesBoy316

Terminator

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 hours ago Edited by GamesBoy316, 15 hours ago.

For some reason when I play GTA IV on the PS3, whenever I have huge explosions, the frame rate drops down a lot. I don't know if it's a problem with the system or game, but it's worth seeing those awesome explosions. It's fun having chain reactions.

Ganton
  • Ganton

I know you

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 hours ago

This might be off-topic, but the outfit you find at the bottom of the Statue of Happiness has a writing on it that says "Happiness is... Land."

What does that mean?

It's a joke

Place is called Happines Island 

Happines is ...

land

- Death screen is better  .

-You can do wheelies .

-Your character never enters "combat mode" , he just walks , and thats more badass .

4803-gta-iv-screenshot.jpg

Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, I always carry my heat in these streets

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 hours ago Edited by Official General, 14 hours ago.

I could be mistaken, but did any Gangs in IV, outside Story Missions, carry anything other than a Pistol?  I know in CW, some of those Gangs carry Micro SMG's and sh*t around, but I don't remember much gang interaction in IV besides during Story Missions.  Like, sometimes I'd shoot a Pigeon, and someone would be shooting at me (gang member) but it was just a Pistol and they only would take a spec out of my Health/Armor...

I liked how when you traveled through Saint Marks you'd get your ass handed to you with 2 shotgun blasts to your Vehicle and BOOM.  Wasted.  It keeps you on your seat, imo.  I don't think Gangs are even a "force" to avoid except in III.  That is the only time you really had to watch and that is why it felt like III takes the cake for being the most dangerous, crime-filled sh*thole of the GTA Series.  It's why I love III, the gangs...

Most definitely. In additions to pistols they carry Uzi SMGs or shotguns. Sometimes they even have AKs (only the Russians though). The Jamaicans and the Russians are the most well-armed of the gangs.

Like Pulp said, the gangs in IV are definitely dangerous, but only if you go aroung looking for trouble with them. Its a bit more realistic too, because in New York thats how gangs really are, they are not so obvious, but yet still very dangerous. However, I still wished IV had random gang shootouts.

You can create great gang shootouts in IV in though. You should spend more time doing that rather than shooting it out with cops, gang shootouts are more fun and more realistic as they shoot at each other much more than they shoot at cops.
  • PulpFiction, Mr. Fahrenheit and Militia like this

AuSsIeThUnDeR36
  • AuSsIeThUnDeR36

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 13 hours ago

What does that mean?

This had me stumped as well but it means Happiness Island. So on the front of the shirt it says Happiness Is... then on the back it's a continuation from the front of the shirt so it says Land.
I guess that you could say it's a mild Easter egg reference to Vice City and LCS. Happiness is land, because if you fell in water you die!

Militia
  • Militia

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 10 hours ago Edited by Militia, 10 hours ago.

@OG, earlier I dropped a Grenade out of my Police Stockade and I saw some guy in black shooting at the cops...Helping me?  LOL  I'd expect to be shot at, but people were shooting at the cops while I dropped grenades.  I bought 250 of them :D

For some reason when I play GTA IV on the PS3, whenever I have huge explosions, the frame rate drops down a lot. I don't know if it's a problem with the system or game, but it's worth seeing those awesome explosions. It's fun having chain reactions.

It drops abnormally low.  Almost like the game is going in slow motion.  I always get a pile up of cop cars and Enforcers on a bridge and drop grenades while I sit there untouched since I am explosion proof with that Police Stockade :D  I gotta try my other Vehicles out.  I keep going to the Stockade time and time again.  It appears I can't be shot inside that thing, even though the one I obtained doesn't have the mesh bullet proof screen on the windshield like the one in Three Leaf Clover.  I like that, though, how the cops have terrible aim.  Makes things more fun.  I can't stand the NOOSE guys in V who hang from the FIB Grangers.  So f*cking fake, even when I hit them head on, they are glued to the FIB Granger.  f*cking bullsh*t if you ask me.  Even if they are spinning in a 360 on two wheels as I drive farther away from them, they will still shoot me through the windshield.  It's not fun.  It's not realistic.  It sucks ass.

• Official General likes this

Canadian Badass
  • Canadian Badass

The Time's Come

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 7 hours ago Edited by Canadian Badass, 7 hours ago.

Something IV does is take itself seriously. That's risky, because in video games, you can't always do that. But they did. Check out the Niko Bellic trailer when compared to say, Trevor's character trailer. Two people who are mentally ill, suffered so much throughout their lives, yet the tones are so much different. IV feels human. V is disconnected from reality.

We see Niko confess to the viewer why he is who he is, in a tone of reflection. Prepares you for stepping into his shoes. Making the murdering harder to deal with.

It's so hard to take Trevor seriously, he's a parody of himself, of what he is supposed to be. Brilliantly portrayed, yet the way he is presented is flawed - he is not an actual psychopath you can get into, he's like a 40 year old edgy teenager you'd see on /b/. That could have worked, he could have been a man who runs on impulses, instead he feels like some joke that was once funny but is overplayed so much that it just isn't funny anymore. The day the series recovers from V is the day they realize that RDR, IV, they're both masterpieces, and that the GTA series is a platform for the Housers to write amazing stories.

• Official General, Mr. Fahrenheit and LightningLord like this

JRC99
  • JRC99

Glasspacks <3

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 7 hours ago

Not sure if you can do it in V, but I miss grabbing an Annihilator online, and hitting my buddies with the blades to send them or their cars flying.

Mr. Fahrenheit
  • Mr. Fahrenheit

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 7 hours ago

Something IV does is take itself seriously. That's risky, because in video games, you can't always do that. But they did. Check out the Niko Bellic trailer when compared to say, Trevor's character trailer. Two people who are mentally ill, suffered so much throughout their lives, yet the tones are so much different. IV feels human. V is disconnected from reality.

We see Niko confess to the viewer why he is who he is, in a tone of reflection. Prepares you for stepping into his shoes. Making the murdering harder to deal with.

It's so hard to take Trevor seriously, he's a parody of himself, of what he is supposed to be. Brilliantly portrayed, yet the way he is presented is flawed - he is not an actual psychopath you can get into, he's like a 40 year old edgy teenager you'd see on /b/. That could have worked, he could have been a man who runs on impulses, instead he feels like some joke that was once funny but is overplayed so much that it just isn't funny anymore. The day the series recovers from V is the day they realize that RDR, IV, they're both masterpieces, and that the GTA series is a platform for the Housers to write amazing stories.

Exactly, but sometimes I wonder exactly how Nikos mental health swings.
Trevor is 100% pshyco impulsive monster, but Niko is different.
It's hard to determine what mental health issue Niko has, it's never really specified.
He probably has PTSD, he also can't let go of what happened on that fateful day.
Some might say he's a sociopath, but he obviously isn't. He doesn't experience many of the symptoms, and it really feels like he doesn't like killing. I seriously can't tell.
Any ideas?

Canadian Badass
  • Canadian Badass

The Time's Come

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 6 hours ago

I think he lost who he was. After the war, I couldn't get a job, nobody could - to me, that quote indicates he lived the life of a nomad. Drifter. No purpose in life, and did whatever to get by. You could argue that he wouldn't have been a killer if he had found Darko earlier, and that he developed a blood lust on the idea of revenge, that seemed so distant to him.

• Mr. Fahrenheit likes this

SuperGTFan
  • SuperGTFan

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 6 hours ago

What does that mean?

This had me stumped as well but it means Happiness Island. So on the front of the shirt it says Happiness Is... then on the back it's a continuation from the front of the shirt so it says Land.
I guess that you could say it's a mild Easter egg reference to Vice City and LCS. Happiness is land, because if you fell in water you die!
Honestly, I thought for some time that "Happiness is... Land" might be referencing the Europeons obtaining their own happiness by invading the Red Indians and stealing their lands. Doesn't the chained-heart inside the statue references the true dark America that has "chained human hearts"?

I only started wondering about this after I watched the GTA IV Easter Eggs by GTASeriesVideos.

GamesBoy316
  • GamesBoy316

Terminator

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 6 hours ago

I like how GTA IV takes itself seriously, we need more games like that. When looking at GTA V, it's more of a comedy.

AuSsIeThUnDeR36
  • AuSsIeThUnDeR36

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 6 hours ago

QUOTE (Und3r5c0r3 @ Jul 17 2008, 05:17)
What the f*ck did you expect?

I remember a long time ago before the game was released, R* told us that they were going to try to make this game more realistic than past GTA's. A fair warning that they were trying a new style with GTA4.

And yet, quite a few of you are complaining about the game because it is a more realistic game and because it is different from past GTA games. Well, what the freakin hell did you expect?! Very early on, R* said it was going to be more realistic, but you guys are all saying that R* screwed us over because it's more realistic than past GTA's. They didn't screw us over, they gave us what they told us we would be given! You all say it sucks and that the people who reviewed this game were wrong to give it a 10/10. But those reviewers gave it a 10 because the game achieved exactly what it was expected to achieve, and that is more realism.

Take note of the fact this post was from July 2008, it appears a lot of people were pissed off with the 'more realism' but this poster understood the way R* were heading. I wanted to know what the vibe was like back in those 'wonder years' of IV release fever and it's surprising that these were the feels of the time.

LilithAkuma
  • LilithAkuma

Demoness

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 6 hours ago

As for loading music/theme music..

Atmosphere.

Ambient, almost as ambient as a sleeping pill.

@Militia: The flying ambient music is not from the same song, but I can see why you mistook it for it. It's actually an ambient version from "We were set up" that you hear during "The Long Stretch".

Words fail me to describe Trevor, so I'll go with the "edgy 40-year old that you see on /b/". He's not a psychopath, he's really just overly edgy and seemingly refuses to take a shower. Psychopaths would leverage people not just by gunning them down, Trevor only resorts to guns and punches.

Niko on the other hand.. I can relate as to why he chose revenge. Darko betrayed his group, only leaving Niko, Bernie and himself to survive. And after seeing your friends die, it's not exactly a difficult choice to seek out the one responsible for it. The choice in "That Special Someone" is the more difficult one.

"Happiness is.. Land" - It could reference that people go to America to start off fresh, trying to leave it all behind, much like Niko at the start did. As sometimes it's said that a fresh start might help with finding it.

• Mr. Fahrenheit, Militia and Canadian Badass like this

JRC99
  • JRC99

Glasspacks <3

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 6 hours ago

The pause menu music is fairly sad. Nostalgia does that I guess.

• aleex96 and Canadian Badass like this

GamesBoy316
  • GamesBoy316

Terminator

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 5 hours ago

I really like how GTA IV introduced us to music while pausing the game, it's really cool.

• Stoney0503 likes this

Mr. Fahrenheit
  • Mr. Fahrenheit

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 4 hours ago

I think he lost who he was. After the war, I couldn't get a job, nobody could - to me, that quote indicates he lived the life of a nomad. Drifter. No purpose in life, and did whatever to get by. You could argue that he wouldn't have been a killer if he had found Darko earlier, and that he developed a blood lust on the idea of revenge, that seemed so distant to him.

He was obsessed.
Absolutely, 100% obsessed.
I don't know what he would do after he takes care of Darko, to be honest. He seems to make it so important, that it seems like the only thing that keeps him going, at certain points.
I guess Niko can't let go.

LilithAkuma
  • LilithAkuma

Demoness

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 4 hours ago

In certain instances letting go never seems like an option.

Mr. Fahrenheit
  • Mr. Fahrenheit

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 2 hours ago

In certain instances letting go never seems like an option.

Good point.

Another thing: reflections.
You clean a car in IV, you can see reflections of your surroundings on your car.
So clean, you can see your reflection. Pretty cool.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users