Reasons GTA IV is better than GTA V

2,003 replies to this topic
iCynical1018
  • iCynical1018

Foot Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 11 August 2014 - 12:28 AM

Better story? Nope. Better characters? Nope. Better graphics? And? Better physics? f*ck No! Better Missions? That dont make anysense, Underwater? That is pointless? Country side? Yeah but what else? Its just there for the looks, no interiors, or anything. Mountains? Bland and vegetation-less. IV>V

• PulpFiction, TheKillerDonuts, Niobium and 4 others like this

RogerFH
  • RogerFH

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 August 2014 - 10:08 AM

Not being too hateful towards GTA V, I think the bland game world is going to be fixed in the next gen releases. At least that's what's promised

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 11 August 2014 - 01:27 PM

Many things were promised in the past. Just saying.

• TheKillerDonuts and V12599 like this

VCR
  • VCR

plus+

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 August 2014 - 06:44 PM

unlocking the islands
  • Kampret likes this

Mr_Leone
  • Mr_Leone

The X

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 12 August 2014 - 08:23 PM

Public transit system was much better. Subways everywhere, cabs all over the place.

• theGTAking101, Kampret and GtaV Is Coming To Pc like this

WorldofCog
  • WorldofCog

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 August 2014 - 12:53 PM Edited by WorldofCog, 14 August 2014 - 12:54 PM.

I completely agree of what others have said so far. 

138. Swing set glitch

Also what I find with IV better than V, is the known swing glitch in Dukes and Alderney. Just messing around in LC either on Single Player or Free Mode/Party Mode with the other players and getting in a car or van and without knowing when you do arrive at the swing set of where you will end up. Sometimes just a few feet backwards with the tyres screeching, either being catapulted into the building that overlooks the swing set, catapulted into the park of Broker/Dukes near the Spray 'n' Pay, either catapulted to the bus stop next to the swing set (Ah, my stop. :lol: ), or sent flying into the air and crash landing on the railway/metro tracks, or where ever, or how many times there is to being catapulted or sent flying into the air by a simple innocent looking swing set in a suburbia of LC. 

Also what I think about IV better than V in my opinion. Is just LC itself, despite the levels resetted on Multiplayer, (still annoyed about that, but nevermind) is the endless fun without being deafened by headsets balring down in the game if a car or motorbike etc gets destroyed either by gun fire or the classic RPG frenzy that some still opt for to create good ol' fun. Not all are like this, but the many who either roll play or the ones who just want to have a laugh playing Free Mode.

Sorry about the long post

It took this long for the classic swingset glitch to be mentioned?

• Kampret and nkhex19 like this

blackrooster_
  • blackrooster_

Hustler

• Members

Posted 15 August 2014 - 05:53 AM

That being said, the flying mechanics from IV to V are even worse. You can't do anything with the helicopters except for fly. Where's the fun in that? I want to flip vehicles and kill people with my blades!

I always loved doing that in IV, then spam the cheats on my phone for repairs or spawning cars in mid air to blade and fly away!

So:

161: Helicopter Mechanics/Heliblading

Heliblading … consider that term stolen, sir.

tokyocean
  • tokyocean

Snitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 August 2014 - 08:41 AM Edited by tokyocean, 15 August 2014 - 08:42 AM.

Dwayne Forge.

Dwayne Forge's backup guys.

Spoiler

• B Dawg, Mar.K, theGTAking101 and 1 other like this

LOES
  • LOES

Kawaii!!!!!!!!!!!

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 15 August 2014 - 04:07 PM

The driving is weird and everything isn't as fluid as V, but whenever I pick it up, it has that nostalgia nothing else can replace. Also I miss the girlfriends and friends abilities.

• tokyocean likes this

Niobium
  • Niobium

Johnny the Commie

• Members
  • Canada
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 15 August 2014 - 08:28 PM

Dwayne Forge.

Spoiler

Spoiler

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

You go OTB more than me man!

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 15 August 2014 - 08:32 PM

Dwayne Forge.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

• TheKillerDonuts likes this

BaRe 2G
  • BaRe 2G

SS13 Capo

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 August 2014 - 01:08 AM

Don't be silly lol the only thing better about IV was the quality and length of the storyline. It was still a great game but V is clearly better.

PulpFiction
  • PulpFiction

The Libertonian grandmaster

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 16 August 2014 - 02:30 AM

but V is clearly better.

In your opinion.

• lol232, theGTAking101, ClaudX and 1 other like this

BaRe 2G
  • BaRe 2G

SS13 Capo

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 August 2014 - 02:38 AM

but V is clearly better.

In your opinion.

True that :p

• PulpFiction and B Dawg like this

Mr_Leone
  • Mr_Leone

The X

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 16 August 2014 - 05:24 AM

The way people in IV follow you, usually right next to you, as opposed to in V, when you walk with Lamar and he's like a f*cking mile away lmao.

I loved calling Terry and Clay to come with me, then we'd walk down to the AoD bar in Northwood and have a nice little chat with the AoD members. Can't do that in V, because your boy LD isn't packing. 

• B Dawg, Mar.K and maxpaynefan like this

iCynical1018
  • iCynical1018

Foot Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 16 August 2014 - 01:40 PM

Don't be silly lol the only thing better about IV was the quality and length of the storyline. It was still a great game but V is clearly better.

How? 3 protagonists that are on the same level as luis as far as likeability? The not-so-lifelike map? The bland mountains that are wastes of memory? The short and painful storyline? How much V was hyped up? I can go on

• theGTAking101, Kampret and maxpaynefan like this

Niobium
  • Niobium

Johnny the Commie

• Members
  • Canada
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 16 August 2014 - 04:39 PM

How? 3 protagonists that are on the same level as luis as far as likeability? The not-so-lifelike map? The bland mountains that are wastes of memory? The short and painful storyline? How much V was hyped up? I can go on

i actually think that luis is better than the V trio
  • TheKillerDonuts and josephene123 like this

BaRe 2G
  • BaRe 2G

SS13 Capo

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 August 2014 - 04:47 PM

I agree with you about the storyline being short but I wouldn't say it's "painful". It's still a decent story to me just way too short and not as good as previous GTAs. I think the protagonists are all likeable except Michael just not as much as Niko or CJ were.

Mr_Leone
  • Mr_Leone

The X

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 16 August 2014 - 05:39 PM

CJ is not likeable at all.
  • Mr. Jago and ZeroSafe5615 like this

MrVance
  • MrVance

Playa

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 16 August 2014 - 05:46 PM

Well i think the main reason is Niko of course, the protag that you just need to love. Niko is the only GTA protag that you starting to like the moment you start playing IV. Even for liking Vic Vance i needed some period of time and few missions but with Niko, i liked him the 1.st time i saw him and hear him. But not in a funny way lol.

His great, fascinating background just impresses the player. And whole plot is almost perfect. I think IV is the only GTA game where i always watch every cutscene from start to the end because it`s such a great story and i just can`t wait to learn more background of Niko.

Than his accent lol, hands down to his voice actor, did a great job.

Other than that i could find few more things but i can`t remember right now. 

The only thing i don`t like in IV WAS vehicle handling (but not anymore because i used to it again), the lack of interiors, the lack of things to spend money on and no mission checkpoints which would be usefull at missions like leaf clover ie..

So if i would need to vote i would say i prefer IV to V.

• theGTAking101, Kampret and maxpaynefan like this

Kampret
  • Kampret

GabeN is fat.

• The Yardies
  • Indonesia

Posted 17 August 2014 - 12:45 AM

Well i think the main reason is Niko of course, the protag that you just need to love. Niko is the only GTA protag that you starting to like the moment you start playing IV. Even for liking Vic Vance i needed some period of time and few missions but with Niko, i liked him the 1.st time i saw him and hear him. But not in a funny way lol.

His great, fascinating background just impresses the player. And whole plot is almost perfect. I think IV is the only GTA game where i always watch every cutscene from start to the end because it`s such a great story and i just can`t wait to learn more background of Niko.

The only thing i don`t like in IV WAS vehicle handling (but not anymore because i used to it again), the lack of interiors, the lack of things to spend money on and no mission checkpoints which would be usefull at missions like leaf clover ie..

Nah... Three Leaf Clover doesn't need any checkpoints. health packs and armors are everywhere during that mission. What needs a checkpoint is... IDK, The Snow Storm?

• lol232, theGTAking101 and fefenc like this

fefenc
  • fefenc

Blue Dante

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 17 August 2014 - 12:51 AM

Nah... Three Leaf Clover doesn't need any checkpoints. health packs and armors are everywhere during that mission. What needs a checkpoint is... IDK, The Snow Storm?

The Snow Storm is one of the hardest missions on this game, it's not due to 8174801 people trying to shoot you at the exit of the hospital, but because of the sh*tty and laggy mouse control and cover camera.

• theGTAking101, Kampret and MeatSim64 like this

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 17 August 2014 - 07:38 AM

It was totally playable, despite being quite hard at that moment of the game, on both consoles. 

dillono
  • dillono

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 August 2014 - 08:17 AM

GTA V fan here, and I just came here say that one thing I thought missing from V were relationships like in IV. It could work well with Trevor or Franklin, Michael would most likely be locked out, but it could work well. At first I thought you could actually have something like a relationship with some people in your contacts, but it's either the same voice message or (rarely) if they do accept they only have 3 or 4 "unique" dialougues depending on who your already (or not) with, and what place your going to. I could easily see Trevor and that hitch-hiker that lives by the lighthouse and Mt. Gordo to be the best of friends with Trevor.

• theGTAking101 likes this

Jimbatron
  • Jimbatron

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 August 2014 - 08:38 AM

I can reel off several small reasons, but the longer story and Cops 'n Crooks are the two elements that make it my favourite GTA to date. V is still an amazing game too and in many aspects is better than IV. If they'd addressed these two points I'd probably like it more though.

dillono
  • dillono

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 August 2014 - 08:51 AM

I can reel off several small reasons, but the longer story and Cops 'n Crooks are the two elements that make it my favourite GTA to date. V is still an amazing game too and in many aspects is better than IV. If they'd addressed these two points I'd probably like it more though.

If I recall Cops n Crooks were supposed to be implemented to GTA:O but was scrapped in late development.

MrVance
  • MrVance

Playa

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 17 August 2014 - 05:28 PM

Well i partly agree. When you do that mission in 2.nd or 3.rd reply you realise that it isn`t so hard at all but when i did it in my 1.st playtrough back in 2010 i tought i will lost my mind.

I just did it again yesterday in my 9.th game walktrough and it didn`t give me any troubles. But where the hell are any of armour or health pickups? I can only managed to obtain that one in SWAT van thus failing the mission because i went to far from the crew.

But that ain`t such concern at all because with little practice you can finish that mission with full health remain only armour gone but the pain in the ass is when you come out of a subway and that parked SUV doesn`t always spawn there so i need to obtain a four door car first while having 3 wanted stars.

Yeah that snow storm is quite tough. The way you can make it a little bit simplier is not to kill any cop at all just run like hell to the car. That way you`ll get only 2 wanted stars instead of 3 or more. I ussualy prepare my car around a fence and just hop in because the parking lot is full of cops.

But i have noticed that the wanted level you get in-mission (as part of the mission) is actually easier to evade when the same wanted level you get outside of the mission at your fault. It`s like game helping you out a little.

Try it sometime and you`ll find much easier to evade 3 stars you get within a mission than 3 stars you get by yourself.

At least i have that feeling.

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

You go OTB more than me man!

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 17 August 2014 - 07:00 PM

Well i partly agree. When you do that mission in 2.nd or 3.rd reply you realise that it isn`t so hard at all but when i did it in my 1.st playtrough back in 2010 i tought i will lost my mind.

Yeah that snow storm is quite tough. The way you can make it a little bit simplier is not to kill any cop at all just run like hell to the car. That way you`ll get only 2 wanted stars instead of 3 or more. I ussualy prepare my car around a fence and just hop in because the parking lot is full of cops.

Haha same. First time missions were hard for me too. I don't recall Snow Storm being difficult though. It's easy if you ask me. I once read about alternative ways to do missions so on my next playthrough I decided to come via boat, sneak up from behind via ladders and escape via boat again :p

RogerFH
  • RogerFH

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 August 2014 - 10:21 PM Edited by RogerFH, 17 August 2014 - 10:22 PM.

By the way guys, I was reading about GTA IV on Wikipedia these days, and I found this:

The goal for Liberty City was to have no dead spots or irrelevant spaces, such as the wide open deserts in San Andreas.

http://en.wikipedia...._IV#Development

...Wonder what the hell went wrong with their gameplan for GTA V??????????

• B Dawg and Kampret like this

MeatSim64
  • MeatSim64

Just plain grade "eh" meat

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 17 August 2014 - 11:40 PM

The Snow Storm is one of the hardest missions on this game, it's not due to 8174801 people trying to shoot you at the exit of the hospital, but because of the sh*tty and laggy mouse control and cover camera.

Agreed. I failed that mission 5 times before I managed to run past all the police that shot at me, went to the speed boat and took off.

Without that GTA Series walkthrough of that part, I would've been stuck.

• theGTAking101 and Kampret like this

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users