Photo

Reasons GTA IV is better than GTA V

388 replies to this topic
FasterThanYou
  • FasterThanYou

Soldier

• Members

Posted 16 July 2014 - 10:52 AM

So? Even in real life you probably wouldnt try to land on your feet if you jump off that high, because you will die anyways. I believe ragdoll are kinda changed in GTA V, or its a bit dumbed down due to hardware limitation.

You can´t read, can you? I´m talking about heights like 3 meters, where it´s impossible to land without tumbling and hurting yourself, not about deathly falls from choppers or buildings.

In GTA4 if you jump from 3 meters, Niko jumps down vertically and TRIES to land as well as possible before eventually not making it and landing not too well hurting himself.

In GTA5 if you jump from 3 meters, your character falls as if he was not conscious from the moment you start falling. He doesn´t even try to land as well as possible, he just plummets ragdolling totally inert.

And may I remind you, that´s a poor excuse, as hardware limitations were exactly the same: blu-ray and PS3. Mind you, actually GTA5 has 5 more years of know-how with these limitations so it should be better if anything.

• SonOfLiberty, Ermac., thekillerdonuts and 4 others like this

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Godfather

• Australia
  • Best Member in an Official Group 2012

Posted 16 July 2014 - 11:10 AM

The "hardware limitations" excuse makes me laugh. I'll guarantee even in the XB1, PS4 and PC versions (minus mods) of GTA V the protagonists will still fall like they're wearing lead helmets.

It has nothing to do with limitations. R* made the physics that way for GTA V for a reason.

In regards to Niko falling I personally find it feels more natural. Maybe it's not entirely realistic, but it feels more natural than the Saints Row like physics in GTA V.
  • thekillerdonuts, theGTAking101, matajuegos01 and 2 others like this

thekillerdonuts
  • thekillerdonuts

We're Going To Aruba

• Members
  • Aruba

Posted 16 July 2014 - 12:24 PM

The "hardware limitations" excuse makes me laugh. I'll guarantee even in the XB1, PS4 and PC versions (minus mods) of GTA V the protagonists will still fall like they're wearing lead helmets.

It has nothing to do with limitations. R* made the physics that way for GTA V for a reason.

In regards to Niko falling I personally find it feels more natural. Maybe it's not entirely realistic, but it feels more natural than the Saints Row like physics in GTA V.

I think Red Dead Redemption utilized the Euphoria engine best. Everything from falling off cliffs, to stumbling down hills, to shooting enemies, watching the crawl or going on their knees to shoot, shooting them in the head and seeing the brains off their skull... Everything. Even the blood on the ground looked great in RDR lol

• SonOfLiberty, Official General, xXGst0395Xx and 5 others like this

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

Big Homie

• Members
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 16 July 2014 - 12:56 PM

But GTA V has some cool things that allow you to slide over a car!

• Misunderstood likes this

Queen Elizabeth II
  • Queen Elizabeth II

Prankster

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 16 July 2014 - 01:11 PM

Like in GTA1?

nobum62
  • nobum62

douchebag who owns a chromed zentorno

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 16 July 2014 - 01:18 PM Edited by nobum62, 16 July 2014 - 04:31 PM.

I can think of two reasons V is better than IV

1. Has a countryside
2. If you press square while sprinting, and then press circle mid-air, your character turns into a ragdoll.
  • lol232, Joe Chip, Mr. Jago and 2 others like this

daliakiller
  • daliakiller

weed farmer

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 16 July 2014 - 05:00 PM Edited by daliakiller, 16 July 2014 - 05:01 PM.

I can think of two reasons V is better than IV

1. Has a countryside
2. If you press square while sprinting, and then press circle mid-air, your character turns into a ragdoll.

1. Never cared to much about countryside, so i'll pass that.
2. I change that for picking up/ throwing things around any day.

I think its cover system is way better, thats the only thing i really miss in IV.

FasterThanYou
  • FasterThanYou

Soldier

• Members

Posted 16 July 2014 - 06:44 PM

Aha, so that´s how Neymar does it...

fefenc
  • fefenc

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 16 July 2014 - 06:48 PM

GTA IV has a PC version, GTA V doesn't have one

PC WINS

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Godfather

• Australia

Posted 17 July 2014 - 01:07 AM

I don't know about anyone else, but I only used this once in the mission where it was applicable. I wouldn't have known it was in the game otherwise. I've never used it outside of that mission.

matajuegos01
  • matajuegos01

Stalker

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 July 2014 - 03:25 PM

I don't know about anyone else, but I only used this once in the mission where it was applicable. I wouldn't have known it was in the game otherwise. I've never used it outside of that mission.

Aside from mocking griefers in online it has absolutely NO use, it's ridiculously slow, by the way, am I the only one who is really annoyed that you can't leave the engine on of your car? it's kinda annoying and impractical because if you're getting shot at by all angles possible you need to make a fast getaway but you can't because by the time the character turns the car's engine on he/she's already dead.

• SonOfLiberty, nobum62, Kampret and 1 other like this

Mr_Leone
  • Mr_Leone

The Liberty City Experience

• Members

Posted 20 July 2014 - 08:46 AM

f*ck that reason, what about leaving your car on as you walk into the Russian sex shllop, hearing Vladivostok blasting through the radio? Or entering the projects with 102.7 on? Atmosphere, baby!
  • SonOfLiberty, xXGst0395Xx, theGTAking101 and 5 others like this

StephenJLY17
  • StephenJLY17

Want me to get my dick out again?

• New Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 July 2014 - 07:14 AM

Driving
Story
Characters

Joe Chip
  • Joe Chip

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 July 2014 - 08:36 AM

2. I change that for picking up/ throwing things around any day.

So would I if picking things up  was any easier than waiting for every taxi to pass, and then hovering over the object and mashing the grab button twenty times. That's my experience with the "picking things up" feature. :(

1. Alderney alone is easily better than all of south and west Los Santos and the western strip of San Andreas combined.

2. The airport was more compact, riding a car to grab a flying vehicle wasn't mandatory because walking the airstrip didn't take forever.

3. Gangs still had some part in the game, they weren't just there to fill GTA's gang quota.

4. V seems to have done away with decent interiors completely. Any usable shop interior was obviously made for browsing, there's nothing to admire in the shops!

5. DLC makes throwaway weapons/vehicles. In IV everything there from the beginning became classic eventually, I just can't see myself appreciating a Panto or musket in four or five years, even if they're fun to use.

• thekillerdonuts, ssbawesome and Misunderstood like this

/Tuomaz
  • /Tuomaz

Clean Rides, Good Times

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 21 July 2014 - 10:58 AM Edited by /Tuomaz, 21 July 2014 - 10:59 AM.

- More detailed story
- More detailed dialogue and friends
- Much better car models
- More advanced driving mechanics
- Memorable story and awesome characters
- More interiors
- Narrow roads
- Bumps and potholes on roads
- Cops aren't ramming bastards
- Better DLC
- Better radio
And more.
  • thekillerdonuts, theGTAking101, Kampret and 1 other like this

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

What exactly are we doing?

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 21 July 2014 - 03:53 PM Edited by B Dawg, 21 July 2014 - 03:54 PM.

I think Red Dead Redemption utilized the Euphoria engine best. Everything from falling off cliffs, to stumbling down hills, to shooting enemies, watching the crawl or going on their knees to shoot, shooting them in the head and seeing the brains off their skull... Everything. Even the blood on the ground looked great in RDR lol

R* San Diego to work on GTA 6 and show R* North that they now suck!

• thekillerdonuts likes this

thekillerdonuts
  • thekillerdonuts

We're Going To Aruba

• Members
  • Aruba

Posted 21 July 2014 - 04:55 PM

In GTA IV TLaD, the sawed-off shotgun was double-barreled. Why did they change the double-barreled sawed-off to a pump-action shotgun? They could've kept the pump-action variant, but called it the Stubby Shotgun, like from Vice City.

• xXGst0395Xx and matajuegos01 like this

CSUdude
  • CSUdude

Free Candy van driver

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 July 2014 - 06:38 PM Edited by CSUdude, 21 July 2014 - 06:41 PM.

GTAIV had the perfect vehicle variety.

The mixture of cars in IV was perfect and superior to any other GTA. In V, there were like 40 Umbermacts, 40 Vapids, 40 supercars and 20 left for everything else. Vehicle selection is less one sided in IV.

People have mentioned the Hakumai, Blista Compact, etc. I love cars like the Dukes, Faction, Uranus, Turismo (the REAL Turismo, not that gaudy POS in V) and even sedans like Merit, Presidente, Pinnacle, Lokus and such. I even appreciate the "sh*tty" cars like the Willard and Marbelle because it represents variety and selection. Everything does not have to be a German luxury car or Lamborghini. The vehicles in V seem so half assed and made to only appeal to the masses who have no taste in cars or know absolutely nothing about cars. In other words, the people who drive chrome Adders and can't tell the difference between a Toyota Camry or Chevy Impala and a Mercedes IRL.

I only wish IV had modifiable vehicles :(

But the bottom line is that the mixture of vehicles was absolutely perfect

• SonOfLiberty, SFPD officer, theGTAking101 and 4 others like this

vengeancehawk
  • vengeancehawk

Ain't No Mark Ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 July 2014 - 07:12 PM Edited by hawkstalker, 21 July 2014 - 07:13 PM.

Everyone was bashing GTA IV when it came out because "It's not like San Andreas!" and "It's too realistic!" Now, GTA V is out and everyone is bashing it because "It's not like GTA IV!" and "It's so unrealistic!"  Make up your f*cking mind people.

Boxman108
  • Boxman108

Thug

• Members

Posted 21 July 2014 - 07:25 PM

^^Not the same people lol
  • Mr. Jago, /Tuomaz, thekillerdonuts and 4 others like this

BOSS 302
  • BOSS 302

your drinking buddy

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 July 2014 - 07:25 PM

1. Better written characters

2  Better story

3. Better driving physics

4. Better damage model (vehicles)

5. Better melee fighting system

6. No recovering health

7. No overpowered special abilitys

8. Only one playable character

9. Faster loading

10. Better ending(s)

11. Better crowded city

12. More and better moral decisions to make

13. No social media & smartphone bullsh*t

Got more ?

well-thats-just-like-your-opinion-man-gi

/Tuomaz
  • /Tuomaz

Clean Rides, Good Times

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 21 July 2014 - 07:26 PM

Everyone was bashing GTA IV when it came out because "It's not like San Andreas!" and "It's too realistic!" Now, GTA V is out and everyone is bashing it because "It's not like GTA IV!" and "It's so unrealistic!"  Make up your f*cking mind people.

I liked IV when it came out, thought it was a huge step forward. I didn't like V as much as IV when it came out, because some things were clearly dumbed down. So stop generalizing.
  • thekillerdonuts, josephene123, nobum62 and 2 others like this

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

What exactly are we doing?

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 21 July 2014 - 08:03 PM

The mixture of cars in IV was perfect and superior to any other GTA. In V, there were like 40 Umbermacts, 40 Vapids, 40 supercars and 20 left for everything else. Vehicle selection is less one sided in IV.

People have mentioned the Hakumai, Blista Compact, etc. I love cars like the Dukes, Faction, Uranus, Turismo (the REAL Turismo, not that gaudy POS in V) and even sedans like Merit, Presidente, Pinnacle, Lokus and such. I even appreciate the "sh*tty" cars like the Willard and Marbelle because it represents variety and selection. Everything does not have to be a German luxury car or Lamborghini. The vehicles in V seem so half assed and made to only appeal to the masses who have no taste in cars or know absolutely nothing about cars. In other words, the people who drive chrome Adders and can't tell the difference between a Toyota Camry or Chevy Impala and a Mercedes IRL.

Well with Simple Native Trainer or some Tuning Shop mods, you could modify them. A lot of cars have different customization parts, even the bikes, prime example being the Zombie. Too bad R* didn't make Brucie's shop usable, not even via patch.

CSUdude
  • CSUdude

Free Candy van driver

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 July 2014 - 09:39 PM

Well with Simple Native Trainer or some Tuning Shop mods, you could modify them. A lot of cars have different customization parts, even the bikes, prime example being the Zombie. Too bad R* didn't make Brucie's shop usable, not even via patch.

It's too bad I only have IV on a console (PS3) :(

• thekillerdonuts likes this

thekillerdonuts
  • thekillerdonuts

We're Going To Aruba

• Members
  • Aruba

Posted 22 July 2014 - 01:17 AM

It's too bad I only have IV on a console (PS3) :(

Me too man, but for Xbox. Even worse, IV is my absolute favorite game and i know how much better it is on PC but i can't afford a good gaming computer

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Godfather

• Australia

Posted 22 July 2014 - 02:06 AM

Agreed. GTA V's vehicle selection feels like the selection Gran Turismo 4 HAS that prides itself on having 1000 vehicles, but the majority are Skylines, Lancers, WRXs, everything else and special one off vehicles that are useless for a practical purpose.

GTA IV's selection may not be as big, but I find I use what it has more than I do in GTA V. Supercars like the Infernus in GTA IV actually feel rare and special. They don't in GTA V IMO.

• xXGst0395Xx, nobum62, The7thOne and 2 others like this

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 22 July 2014 - 02:17 AM

With the driving physics you could have fun in any vehicle you grab off the street in IV, not even mentioning the vehicles were better.

I own 40 cars in V and I'm bored of all of them :angry:

Watch Dogs's driving physics may be wacky, but at least they provide some challenging entertainment when mastered, unlike V's driving physics that put me to sleep faster than a lullaby!

• SonOfLiberty and Kampret like this

The7thOne
  • The7thOne

Beginning PC Gamer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 July 2014 - 02:25 AM

Agreed. GTA V's vehicle selection feels like the selection Gran Turismo 4 HAS that prides itself on having 1000 vehicles, but the majority are Skylines, Lancers, WRXs, everything else and special one off vehicles that are useless for a practical purpose.

GTA IV's selection may not be as big, but I find I use what it has more than I do in GTA V. Supercars like the Infernus in GTA IV actually feel rare and special. They don't in GTA V IMO.

This. You just see so many supers on the streets in V, it takes away that rush of greatness when you first get a super car in IV.

Especially when Bernie gives you his Infernus. One of my favorite missions in IV for that reason alone.

• SonOfLiberty and nobum62 like this

Boxman108
  • Boxman108

Thug

• Members

Posted 22 July 2014 - 03:22 AM

My infernus got eaten...one aspect of the series I wouldn't mind as automated as Saints Row if it meant no more lost vehicles.

Mr_Leone
  • Mr_Leone

The Liberty City Experience

• Members

Posted 22 July 2014 - 04:46 AM

It's hard to soak in Los Santos gunning it down the street in a 9F you don't see much.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users