Quantcast

» «
Photo

Which ending is the best? [SPOILERS]

25 replies to this topic
The7thOne
  • The7thOne

Help, I'm steppin' into the Twilight Zone!

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 27 June 2014 - 08:28 PM Edited by The7thOne, 04 July 2014 - 09:40 AM.

I'm very close to beating GTA 4, and I want to know which ending is the best. Judging by the GTA Wiki, the following endings are:

Spoiler

So which is the best ending? I want to make sure I get the best ending, otherwise I'd have to restart the entire campaign.

lilchris131
  • lilchris131

I'm no player hater!?

• Members

Posted 27 June 2014 - 08:38 PM Edited by lilchris131, 27 June 2014 - 08:39 PM.

IMO Deal is the better ending.

Spoiler

The7thOne
  • The7thOne

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 27 June 2014 - 08:41 PM

Spoiler

That's interesting.

Spoiler

lilchris131
  • lilchris131

I'm no player hater!?

• Members

Posted 27 June 2014 - 09:00 PM Edited by lilchris131, 27 June 2014 - 09:09 PM.

Spoiler

That's interesting.

Spoiler

I actually thought Deal was fitting for the opposite reason - all of what Roman talked about throughout the story, of making it "big" would all be shattered by

Spoiler
. Whichever way you look at it, even with
Spoiler
, there always seemed to be more "light at the end of the tunnel" in the Revenge ending.

• The7thOne likes this

lilchris131
  • lilchris131

I'm no player hater!?

• Members

Posted 27 June 2014 - 09:12 PM Edited by lilchris131, 27 June 2014 - 09:12 PM.

Also, one more point I forgot to mention is that in the Deal ending Niko

Spoiler

If you wait long enough after the end of the story

Spoiler
. However I think this only happens on the PC version but don't quote me on that.

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

Looks like the diversion worked!

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 27 June 2014 - 09:58 PM Edited by B Dawg, 27 June 2014 - 10:00 PM.

Revenge obviously. Deal just doesn't make any sense for me to do considering the sh*t Dimitri put Niko and Roman through, and Revenge gives you a better ending.

Vengeance > Greed

• lilchris131 likes this

lilchris131
  • lilchris131

I'm no player hater!?

• Members

Posted 27 June 2014 - 11:04 PM

Well yeah, I have to agree Revenge is a better fit to what Niko would actually do.

This is something that always goes through my mind when I play through the game. I think it's stupid for Niko to trust Dimitri again but at the same time Deal is so much more of a climatic ending IMO. And that wins over my favour than doing what Niko would do, so I usually pick Deal. Obviously this means I think it's possible Niko would choose Deal, but overall I agree he would most likely choose Revenge.

thekillerdonuts
  • thekillerdonuts

Who killed Hannibal

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 June 2014 - 11:46 PM

Also, one more point I forgot to mention is that in the Deal ending Niko

Spoiler

If you wait long enough after the end of the story

Spoiler
. However I think this only happens on the PC version but don't quote me on that.

Wow, never even knew that and i've been playing since the game came out. Deal ending is f*cked up, but a perfect fit for the tone of the game.

• nobum62 and Zello like this

Zello
  • Zello

Hired Gun

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 June 2014 - 11:50 PM Edited by Zello, 27 June 2014 - 11:51 PM.

Deal is the best hands down

It is more powerful than revenge I mean R* actually put some work into that Deal ending the storm that happens during that mission makes it even more emotional. I think its about what R* was feeling at the time because of the whole hot coffee thing it almost messed them up and  could have ended with them losing the series. Niko losing Roman is what R* was feeling when it almost lost GTA

Revenge obviously. Deal just doesn't make any sense for me to do considering the sh*t Dimitri put Niko and Roman through, and Revenge gives you a better ending.

Vengeance > Greed

Remember though Niko's visit to LC changed him if you pay attention to the story and in the missions you can see the transformation way different than he was when he came off that boat.

I will pwn you newbs
  • I will pwn you newbs

Homie

• Members

Posted 29 June 2014 - 01:35 AM

Revenge is obviously the right ending

HaythamKenway
  • HaythamKenway

Then perhaps we shall start a revolution of our own

• Members
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 29 June 2014 - 07:16 AM Edited by SFPD officer, 29 June 2014 - 07:39 AM.

Revenge is the "good" ending, but Deal is the one that makes more sense in context of Niko's previous actions and the state of his mind by One More Thing. On my first playthrough, I picked Revenge, but on repeated playthroughs, I usually pick Deal. So, ask yourself - do you want the ending that will make you feel better or the ending that ties up the story better?

Well yeah, I have to agree Revenge is a better fit to what Niko would actually do.

This is something that always goes through my mind when I play through the game. I think it's stupid for Niko to trust Dimitri again but at the same time Deal is so much more of a climatic ending IMO. And that wins over my favour than doing what Niko would do, so I usually pick Deal. Obviously this means I think it's possible Niko would choose Deal, but overall I agree he would most likely choose Revenge.

If you pay attention to what Niko says and does from about the time he moves to Alderney and starts doing missions for Phil and Pegorino, Deal becomes much more plausible. Niko, by the end of the story, is even more jaded and burn out. He's fed up and just wants everything to get over with (it's also evidenced by his growing desperation in search of Darko (To Live and Die in Alderney)). He doesn't want to deal in death and violence anymore and it's eating him (call to Roman after killing Ray Boccino). Then, after he deals with Darko, whatever decision you make, he wants to let go of violence and retire in peace. It makes sense, in the context of all that, that he'd give in to Roman's urging and aim for one last big payoff before settling down. Deal is also a cruel conclusion to Niko's character arc and game's themes. When Niko finally stops being a violent, revenge-obsessed madman, is willing to forgive and takes his shot to achieve the American Dream, as Roman wanted the whole time, the situation turns against him anyway.

But Revenge makes sense too. It's just that I think Deal ties up the story better. That's what I like about R*, that decisions in their games usually aren't clear black/white like in so many others and all possibilities are relevant.

• thekillerdonuts likes this

Awesom-0
  • Awesom-0

Happy 1st anniversary without heists!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 June 2014 - 08:27 AM

BTW, GTA IV has been out for over five years. I don't think you need to put spoiler tags on your comments anymore.

I always choose the Revenge ending. GTA IV wouldn't be the same without Roman asking you to go bowling  :lol: .  And Kate wasn't that much of an important character to really care about her death. 

• B Dawg likes this

The7thOne
  • The7thOne

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 29 June 2014 - 08:35 AM

BTW, GTA IV has been out for over five years. I don't think you need to put spoiler tags on your comments anymore.

I always choose the Revenge ending. GTA IV wouldn't be the same without Roman asking you to go bowling  :lol: .  And Kate wasn't that much of an important character to really care about her death. 

I know its been out for 5 years, I just added it in just in case anyone hasn't played it (then again, who wouldn't)

OT: Yes, Roman wouldn't call anymore, but he married Mallorie and had a child. That's a lot to lose. It reminds me of the GTA V ending where

Spoiler

EDIT: Didn't read your whole post, sorry about that.

Also, about Kate, it's just, Roman had a child and married, then Roman dies in other ending. It just doesn't fit right. As what B Dawg said,

Vengeance > Greed

• B Dawg likes this

Dollarhide
  • Dollarhide

Original Pimp

• Members

Posted 30 June 2014 - 10:45 AM

I'm very close to beating GTA 4, and I want to know which ending is the best. Judging by the GTA Wiki, the following endings are:

Spoiler

So which is the best ending? I want to make sure I get the best ending, otherwise I'd have to restart the entire campaign. Also, please use "spoiler" tags to make sure nobody gets spoiled.

You need other people's opinion in order to decide which ending is right for you? This sh*t is hilarious. I advice you to play both endings. If you only play one, you've only played half of the game. Both endings are cool in their own way.  But I personally like revenge ending more, since I began to miss Roman when I did deal.

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Get Love Fisted

• Australia
  • Best Member In An Official Group 2012

Posted 02 July 2014 - 06:06 AM

While Revenge made the most sense I thought the final showdown of Deal was more fitting.

• lilchris131, Jeansowaty and The7thOne like this

toxluv
  • toxluv

So long, and thanks for all the fish.

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 03 July 2014 - 01:32 AM Edited by toxluv, 08 July 2014 - 04:36 AM.

I've chosen "Revenge".

fefenc
  • fefenc

pi pi pi pi pi pi pi pi pi :'(

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 03 July 2014 - 01:53 AM

the canon ending is revenge, because Roman is alive on GTA V

LancerG2
  • LancerG2

The Lost MC [Vice President]

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 04 July 2014 - 04:31 AM Edited by LancerG2, 04 July 2014 - 04:32 AM.

Best ending?

"Do you wanna go f*ck yourself"

"Whoa, not particularly" 

Spoiler

The7thOne
  • The7thOne

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 04 July 2014 - 04:57 AM

Best ending?

"Whoa, not particularly" 

Spoiler

I wasn't talking about the DLC endings, I was talking about the regular game's ending. Then again, I would like to know the DLC's best endings as well.

LancerG2
  • LancerG2

The Lost MC [Vice President]

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 04 July 2014 - 09:17 AM

Best ending?

"Whoa, not particularly" 

Spoiler

I wasn't talking about the DLC endings, I was talking about the regular game's ending. Then again, I would like to know the DLC's best endings as well.

I was joking, but the DLC only has one ending for both story.

• The7thOne likes this

Ronzilla187
  • Ronzilla187

O.G.

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 04 July 2014 - 10:19 PM

Revenge all the way. As annoying as Roman was, it just felt weird without him. It feels wrong to make a deal with Dimitri, it's almost as bad as killing Dwayne instead of Playboy. Not to mention if you go with 'deal' you lose Roman and Kate, where as if you go 'revenge' you only lose Kate.

Misunderstood
  • Misunderstood

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 July 2014 - 03:56 PM

I think deal is the ending that makes the most sense in a story like this. Not to say I enjoyed it more than Revenge but just that it made more sense in this story. Revenge is the best ending because you don't really lose anything of importance (f*ck Kate!) but Deal is the most tragic one and makes a lot of sense to kill a character of such importanc.e

Niko Vercetti 112
  • Niko Vercetti 112

That's, just, like, your opinion man

• Members

Posted 07 July 2014 - 04:11 AM

From a story perspective Deal is the most fitting. The entire theme in IV is about a man who's sole goal in life is to seek revenge. And in turn when he actually does learn to forgive he gets screwed over by the person he forgave and loses the only person of importance to him. It's like an interactive Shakepear play, with more sex and drugs.
  • archiebunker, Miamivicecity and The7thOne like this

markwey
  • markwey

Cool Cat

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 11 July 2014 - 12:21 PM

"Revenge is a dish served cold."

so yeah.

KBG
  • KBG

8-bit.

• Members
  • India

Posted 16 July 2014 - 02:40 PM

Deal is real pain in the ass. So choose Revenge if you don't like hard missions.
Spoiler

Jeansowaty
  • Jeansowaty

Notorious fan of underground electronic music and Molly Schultz

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 16 July 2014 - 04:48 PM

I prefer the Deal. It's more dramatic, and feels kinda right to me.

• KBG and Zello like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users